• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

The OU11 Request Line

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
You can for an injured player. The only thing is he can't play the rest of that series and then the next too.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So @doh, would you rather have this happen or go with playoff rosters? I'm not doing this for every player this happens to, so it is one or the other.

doh

This is the first time it's happened in like 4 seasons... I don't care either way.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well if you like not having playoff rosters on just say goodbye to Erez. If you want him back, we can vote on switching back to playoff rosters and if it passes I can get all the guys this happened to this year back on their teams.

doh

Can I have the tl;dr on the pros and cons of playoff rosters?
If you have someone get hurt during a series then you are basically screwed. The game isn't very clear on who who is eligible on playoff vs. who is not too. I think it's people on the 25 man when rosters expand + anyone on the DL at that point. It'll put a symbol next to who you can put on it.

The pros are people can't just put whoever they want on and you don't use options to not have people on the aren't on the roster.

It's really bullshit I lose Erez though because of a quirk in the game. He's the only guy that this has happened to. It's just a strange one time situation.

Lloyd Carr

So if you put playoff rosters on, you are locked into the 25 guys on the roster at the time the playoffs start? If you suffer an injury, you cannot bring someone up and place the injured guy on the DL?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Pretty much. You can replace guys between series, but they have to be playoff eligible.

doh

So if you put playoff rosters on, you are locked into the 25 guys on the roster at the time the playoffs start? If you suffer an injury, you cannot bring someone up and place the injured guy on the DL?

Correct. For some reason we can't do it in the game. In the UBL before you joined I had a playoff series where I ended up with I believe 22 players BEFORE we had DH too so I was at a giant disadvantage. IRL if someone gets hurt, you can replace them with another player (I believe at the same position) on your 40-man. Just the guy who was replaced can't play again that series or the next.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
If you have someone get hurt during a series then you are basically screwed. The game isn't very clear on who who is eligible on playoff vs. who is not too. I think it's people on the 25 man when rosters expand + anyone on the DL at that point. It'll put a symbol next to who you can put on it.

The pros are people can't just put whoever they want on and you don't use options to not have people on the aren't on the roster.

It's really bullshit I lose Erez though because of a quirk in the game. He's the only guy that this has happened to. It's just a strange one time situation.

Well we are playing that game, so it really isn't a quirk. This is how it was designed. This isn't a one time thing though, this is a thing that will happen to every so-so player who has run out of options and doesn't have a place on the 25 man. So either we stay with no playoff rosters and this happens or we go to playoff rosters and the possibility of that one year (which was really the one time thing) happens. It's up to the league.

Lloyd Carr

I'm for whatever is easiest for the commish. Which I'm guessing is playoff rosters.

200.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Actually easiest is just leaving it the way it is, since I have to do nothing. Turning playoff rosters would take 15 seconds though. I just want to pick a route and go with it.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think it's easier to leave it as is and deal with outlier scenarios like this DFA one than having to worry about a team not having injury replacements in the playoffs because the game can't handle it. Maybe OOTP16 will be different but right now it seems the best option

osick87

Community Liaison
His ratings make people nut.

I guess we could have a house rule if that's easier.

doh

We've reached the point of the year where everyone just fights before off-season/new season.

doh

If OU would sim then this wouldn't be an issue
OU REQUEST: I vote WBL all pools together OU's yearly salary and pays it out to him so we can get him to sim at all times we want to. I will start the donations by pledging $2.99.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I forgot we were in the playoffs haha. Will sim later, will be gone all Thanksgiving so we'll do the world series Sunday.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I will really be gone but I'll be able to have feeders set up and have the draft up and running with IFA. Orlando can take it from there if he wants, I'll make sure and add the retired.dat so we don't delete players. I'll be back on Saturday