• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

BSCFL 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Sorry about last night husker. We didn't get home until late and my daughter was wound up.
I got a XBL message from TX saying he couldn't get to the forum. He was getting the same error as me. You might have to contact him via XBL.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Sorry about last night husker. We didn't get home until late and my daughter was wound up.

No problem at all, after the forums died of a heart attack I figured you might not have even seen my post in response so I assumed we'd postpone anyway.

I sent you a message on XBL but I can play today pretty much any time after 5pm central. Would prefer to play later like we had planned last night though, later always works better for me.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Tough battle but Texas Tech manages a 21-19 win against Auburn. Pretty evenly matched game, Auburn had 332 yards of offense running 40 times for 165 yards and 2 TD and throwing 12 of 16 for 167 yards. Texas Tech had 367 yards, running 33 times for 224 yards and 2 TD and threw 13 of 17 for 143 yards and a TD. TTU turned it over twice in the red zone, Auburn had a turnover to end the half.

It was 14-6 TTU after the first half. Auburn got the ball to open the third quarter, scored a touchdown and attempted a 2 point conversion which deflected off an offensive linemen and fell incomplete. That was the difference in the game as TTU and Auburn exchanged touchdowns to finish the game 21-19. Texas Tech had a 14 play drive to run the final 5:50 off the clock and win the game, taking three knees inside the 5 to finish the game.

Edward Harris was decent outside of two bad INTs. 12 of 16 for 137, 1 TD, 2 INT and ran for 88 yards on 14 carries. Donald Stevens ran 12 times for 80 yards. Lauderdale led the way with 5 receptions for 74 yards, all on bubble screens I'm guessing. I kept running bubble screen because my outside receiver was pancaking the CB literally every play, he ended up with 4 pancakes against that poor guy. It was automatic 10+ yards every throw. TTU had 15 pancake blocks in total.

Defensively, Hagen at FS led the way with 11 solo tackles and Thomas Ramsey at DE had 3 sacks.

Wasn't a pretty game for either side but it was nice seeing a defensive battle, has been rare recently, especially in this OD where I haven't had much of a defense to speak of. Could have gone either way, especially if that two point conversion is converted. Changes the whole scope of the game as I'd be in much of a hurry on that last drive.

Great game though, enjoyed playing that one quite a bit. Had two very similar styles of offense battling it out.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Oh okay. Well, I'll be home tomorrow night but if I'm holding up the advance feel free to sim it.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nicely timed bye week. I'm green.

Signed my first 4 recruits. Three of them offensive guards rated 79, 75 and 74 and a 78 OVR OLB.

I have a ton of scholarships to use this year that I don't think I'll get close to.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
ScreenshotatMar0708-28-08_zpsb3fa3809.png

RamesuThe1

@C3PO I'll be around for the balance of tonight. So anytime this evening after 6 est would work. I'm not available at all tomorrow. Sunday after about 4est or so would work too

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
i put everybody on Auto, whoever plays first gets the win,

i will play in the morning, and try to advance then

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Holy shit, what a game. Back and forth the whole game and then I get the ball up 35-28 in the 4th. I drive down the field and get into the red zone and call a read option. My QB keeps it, gets around the defenders and I try to dive past TD's safety into the end zone. I got into the end zone except I fumbled it so Auburn gets the ball with 2 minutes left and drives down to tie it with 13 seconds left. I get the ball first in OT and my QB redeems himself and scores to put us up 42-35. Then, I get a sack on first down and on 2nd and 17, Auburn's QB throws it to the end zone to a 1v1 and my CB makes a great pick to win the game.

I think I ran for over 300 yards but I really had to grind it out against the 4-2-5 and I had 4 turnovers.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Another ridiculous game, needing a last second field goal to beat Arkansas 45-42. I had a 21-0 lead and then Arkansas went into superman mode running for 259 yards and 4 TD on just 28 rush attempts.

I ran 82 plays in that game, throwing 41 of 57 for 429 and 2 TD and running 25 times for 128 yards and 4 TD. Did throw 2 INTs. 57 pass attempts including 24 in the first quarter alone would certainly be a record for me in '14.

Harris threw 41 of 57 for 429, 2 TD, 2 INT and ran 19 times for 75 yards and 4 TD. I lost 2 or 3 receivers to injury in that game and eventually had a CB playing slot receiver but it worked out. I was in Empty pretty much the entire game. Probably going to redo my playbook for Texas Tech and just make it all 4-5 wide. The only time I like bringing my TE into the backfield with this team is to block in Empty Wing Trio.

Status
Not open for further replies.