• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

BSCFL 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The gayness continues

Members:
Flanntastic(Cincinnati)(Commish)
NavyHog(Louisiana-Lafeyette)
TXHusker05(Texas Tech)
Total Doubt(Auburn)
Ramesuthe1(Southern Miss)
bruin228(Baylor)
Fiex Buffchest(Oklahoma State)
quad montana(Washington State)

Last edited:

shalafi1468

dont wait for me. i played some of that game and simmed a lot of it. then it didnt save. i dont plan on playing it again. i will hang on to see who i play in the bowl game. if i play a user i will play it. if the computer, i will reset pbs and retire. either way i will retire after the season. i always enjoyed playing all you guys. thanks a lot

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
screen-capture_zps97374670.jpg

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
What do you think Navy? I've been laid up all day with a messed up shoulder so I can play the rest of the night. Not sure about tomorrow, if I'm feeling up to it I've got to get some stuff done that I couldn't today so I'm not sure when I'll be able to play. If my shoulder still feels like this, I'll have plenty of time to play tomorrow because I can hardly move.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
What do you think Navy? I've been laid up all day with a messed up shoulder so I can play the rest of the night. Not sure about tomorrow, if I'm feeling up to it I've got to get some stuff done that I couldn't today so I'm not sure when I'll be able to play. If my shoulder still feels like this, I'll have plenty of time to play tomorrow because I can hardly move.

I will hop on for my ass kicking.

I'm sexing up my lady tomorrow night. Don't want to mess with tradition.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I wish I could watch you guys's game.

Husker, we can add another recruiting point.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
#1 Texas Tech drops #2 Louisiana Lafayette 41-25 in Lubbock.

Red Raider defense was on point, holding the Cajuns under 300 yards until a 62 yard TD pass on ULL's final possession got them over 20 points and 300 yards. Cajuns finished with 321 yards including just 51 on the ground and held the Cajuns to 14 of 25 passing and 3 turnovers. The Red Raider offense wasn't explosive but it was efficient, putting up 364 yards of offense, running 39 times for 236 yards and 2 TD and throwing 11 of 17 for 128 yards and 3 TD. The Red Raiders converted 10 of 12 3rd downs. TTU did turn it over twice but neither was critical, an INT on a hail mary to end the first half and a fumble the play after a ULL fumble.

Ed Harris was solid, 11 of 17 for 128, 3 TD, 1 INT and added 22 yards on the ground. Quinton White carried the load again, 21 carries for 197 yards and 2 TD as well as a 25 yard touchdown reception on a screen.

The Red Raiders finish the season 12-0 and will represent the Big 12 South in a title game rematch against completely untested Washington State.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Can't wait to get everyone in one conference and smack each other around.

My luck is going to come to a screeching halt next season I'm guessing. The two monster scatbacks that have carried my offense last year and this one will be gone and it'll be all power backs going forward. Still, I can usually put something together on O.

:trollface:

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Keys to my loss:

- 10-12 on 3rd down. SMH....
- I had 4 pass deflections and 3 OD them were where they hit my DBs in the hands
- bad play calling on my part. I should have called a few more runs.

But those are the breaks.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Yeah you had some DBs just going for the knock down that entire game when they probably could have had some picks. Kind of evened out though because you had some throws into coverage that probably should have been picked but I just could not get my DB to jump. I think your first drive you had 3rd and Long and ended up completing a bomb up the seam when my FS refused to jump. Then before half you got the long play leading to a FG. I cannot figure out how to get my DBs to do the ball hawk thing. I hold that button all day and they just sit there.

3rd downs were the key though. I spent the entire game in 3rd & Short (plus a few really lucky 3rd & Long conversions) and you spent most of the game in 3rd & Long having to force some throws.

C3PO

Yeah I've played some close games. I'm sure tx will kill me and I'll lose out on a BCS bowl again

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Navy's going to get the BCS bid, I can't see it going to anyone else.

That's the thing that kind of bothers me about one conference.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Yeah I've played some close games. I'm sure tx will kill me and I'll lose out on a BCS bowl again

Don't be so sure about the me killing you part. My team is better but I don't have any depth. I almost had a disaster at the end of the game with Navy, I had just been running the ball to run the clock out and my super star HB got hurt on the very first play of the drive. That would have made the Big 12 Championship pretty much unwinnable for me. Luckily he's okay.

C3PO

I can play tomorrow morning/afternoon. I'm in a Texas hold 'em game with my friends tomorrow night

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I should be able to make the afternoon work, but I'll have to check back in tomorrow to be sure.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I went over my scholarship limit by one. I took everyone off my board and will cut the 4-star HB from Missouri, Justin Ryan, that unexpectedly committed (he was at 70%, 0 pts and only a 70 pt bonus).

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
@C3PO Sorry about that Best, I literally just got home about 3 hours after I thought I would.

I could play at about 6 central if that still works, otherwise we can do it late tonight or tomorrow some time since tomorrow is a holiday.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Texas Tech wins 55-30.

Texas Tech runs for 422 yards and 5 TD on 40 carries. Quinton White had 30 carries for 351 yards and 3 TD. The Texas Tech D forced 6 turnovers including 3 fumbles.

The Red Raiders are once again Big 12 Champions. Wreck 'em.

Looks like it will be a user v user national championship. Hopefully it connects.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I can play after the NBA All-Star Game tonight, otherwise we can make it some time tomorrow afternoon/night since I've got nothing tomorrow.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
can't do tonight, i also need to play Ram in the powerhouse tomorrow night, 8pm est is the earliest tomorrow i can play

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
That works perfectly for me. Would always prefer to play after 7 central. We can iron out a time tomorrow.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
That game was nuts. I don't even know how to really describe it. We pretty much alternated touchdowns for maybe the first 4 drives. Was 21-14 TTU to end the first half but Cincy scored 19 seconds into the 3rd quarter to make it 21-21. I scored less than a minute later and he scored less than a minute after that to make it 28-28. I scored again just before the end of the third to go up 35-28.

He tied it up with 4:28 left to make it 35-35. My next drive was a disaster to start, took a TFL, over threw a wide open WR and then got picked to set up an easy touchdown with 2 minutes left to go down 35-42. I got the ball back and slowly worked down the field, scoring a touchdown with 28 seconds left. I probably could have run the clock down a bit more, but didn't want to risk it. I elected to go for 2 to take the lead, which I converted to go up 43-42.

Then I don't even know what happened he completed three straight passes, two with no one for 15 yards and he had a touchdown with 11 seconds left. He attempted 2 to go up a touchdown but failed. I started with the ball on the -25 and 11 seconds left. I completed a rocket to my tight end up the seam, he got past everyone but was dragged down by the shoe string tackle animation at the +35 with 4 seconds left. I attempted a hail mary and it was open but batted down.

That game was decided on two plays back to back. I made my first mistake of the game throwing the INT on 3rd & 12. The very next play he made his first mistake of the game, throwing an out route directly to my best cornerback... who dropped it. He would have been able to walk 75 yards into the end zone. He ended up scoring a few plays later to go up.

We both botched the clock management at the end of that game. When I scored to tie the game and attempt the go ahead 2 point conversion, I probably could have gone down and at least forced him to burn his final 3 timeouts if not burn most of the clock before scoring. I ran up and down the field on him so I would have felt confident in scoring on 1 of 4 tries from like the 2 but I just ran it in instead. My defense was nowhere to be found on the final drive, three plays, three huge gains, no one nearby. He could have easily gone down on the final pass and set up the GW FG from about the 3 with 2 seconds left but he decided to score. I completed the first pass on my drive to my tight end who probably could have scored. The shoelace tackle animation drives me nuts, I'm pretty sure I had 4-5 yards on the guy that dragged him down. Would have been an Auburn-Alabama type ending.

I got a good release off the LOS for the Hail Mary but I don't think I have a receiver over 6' so the safety got over to bat it down pretty easily. I knew the game was over after I threw the INT and dropped the INT of my own. I made my mistake and he converted it, he made his mistake and I dropped the ball, literally.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
we are hitting off season players leaving tomorrow at 7am est, while i sit on the toilet taking my morning poo

get those bowl games in guys

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
we are hitting off season players leaving tomorrow at 7am est, while i sit on the toilet taking my morning poo

get those bowl games in guys

i need players leaving to be nice to me. I already lose my beast HB, if my QB left early, I would be fucked.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
this RB has been a beast for me, he was a 5 star guy that i didn't redshirt, a true 18yr old. He fumbles too much, and can't catch.....but dang he can move

ScreenshotatFeb1816-57-52_zps7a116d38.png

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Man that rb can break some tackles for a little guy

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

White has been awesome. I thought Washington last year was one of the better RB's I've had but White might be the best. I wish I had him another year. Took over with him as a JR but he was buried behind Washington last year. Got the most out of him as a Senior though. Heisman Trophy, all the major offensive awards he was eligible for, probably set the single season TD record and I think he had about 2800 yards on the year after the BCS game. He runs tough for a speedy midget, slippery lil fella.

Speed backs are so deadly in my offense. Pretty much everyone walks safeties down against me so if I get to the second level, there's usually no one home to stop him and he has the breakaway speed to house everything. Same with sweeps, if he gets the edge, good luck chasing him down. I'm all out of speed at HB after this year though. My backup this year will probably start at about 86 SPD, I'll have a true SO behind him about 85 speed. I should sign at least 2, maybe 3 HBs this year, one of which is lightning fast but that's about all he has going for him. 59 carry rating, couldn't catch a cold. I've actually considered moving my 94 SPD WR to HB for his Senior season. He has a 96 carry rating and 99 acceleration, but he's too good of a pass catcher. Might see if I can do some Sammy Watkins type stuff with him and move him into the backfield occasionally.

I desperately need my QB to stay. I only have 2 scholarship QBs, him and my third stringer. If Harris left, I'd be screwed. Not sure I can talk him back either since he is 86 OVR, would love an exemption if he does try to leave because he only got to 86 OVR during this season, he started the season 85. Got a JUCO kid coming in and a true freshman ATH who could play the position, but I'd rather play him at DB.

I'm pretty solid at WR and TE (assuming no one leaves early there) and I'll be solid at Tackle and Center next year. Guard is an issue and I have 0 OL in this class so I'll suck there. 9 of 11 starters return on D, although Mack might leave early at LB. He was a beast and led the nation in tackles.

We'll see how players leaving and the last week of recruiting treats me but I should have an improved team next year. I didn't have the D to hang with a great Cincy team, that should change this year. I'll just need to tweak the offense a bit. Everyone else is so fast on D.

Status
Not open for further replies.