• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

BSCFL 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Nevermind, I was under the 70 cut limit as it was. I cut a couple walk-ons but that's it. Not a bad team after training but didn't get some boosts I thought I would.

Harris at QB got up to 89 OVR backed up by an 86 OVR and 80 OVR QB. Going to redshirt the 80 OVR JUCO kid to hopefully get 2 years out of him as a starter next year.

HB is not great, 80 OVR 85 SPD is my best back. Quite the change after two years of lightning fast beast mode kids. Have a 78 OVR 85 SPD kid behind him and a 74 OVR 96 SPD kid behind him. That 74 OVR guy will get a lot of work. No FB to speak of.

Lauderdale hardly improved at all at WR but he's solid. I have four seniors as the top four WRs. 88, 85, 85, 83 OVR respectively. Only Lauderdale has speed at 95 SPD. Couple Juniors behind them and a 97 SPD SO at the bottom. That 97 SPD SO has no agility or acceleration but he still may see the field.

TE is solid. Craft returns after starting as a JUCO kid last year. 83 OVR, great receiver, okay blocker. Got a 72 OVR FR behind him this year that can block fairly well, but that's about it. He'll play FB some.

OL has zero depth. I have just 7 OL on roster and the starters are 77-77-78-73-83 across the board. Interior OL are solid run blockers, can't pass block for shit. The two tackles are pass blockers. I'll be hitting the OL boards hard this fall.

Defense is improved since 9 starters returned. Ramsey is back at DE, 83 OVR 81 SPD true SO across from Woods as a 84 OVR SR. Really good depth there. Same at DT, 87-80-80-78-77 across the board. 1 SR and 4 JRs though so I need to recruit DT pretty hard. Can't redshirt any of them so I'll lose 4 DT next year.

Mack returns at LB but he's literally the only LB I have worth anything. 86 OVR. I have 3 LB at MLB, all 74 OVR, none that good at anything. Best ROLB is a 83 OVR true freshman or 72 OVR RS FR.

CB is thankfully improved, maybe I won't be letting receivers run free all game. Starters are 84 and 82 OVR, two 79 OVR inside and a 78 OVR true freshman that will play CB/SS. Hagan returns at FS, just a JR this year, he's been around forever. Nelson will be my top SS, but the true freshman kid will play across from him at the other SS spot.

Kicker is up to 85 OVR and punter up to 82.

Solid team but I feel like I've got a ton of Seniors I'll need to replace.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
as of right now I am thinking we are just going to do 8 teams big 12 with no CC game, that way we have to play everybody

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Call it Big 12, but bring in some different teams. Maybe some PAC 12 or ACC flavor.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I need to figure out different ways to get a wide receiver into the backfield to run the football. Not just Jet Sweep and options but actually line him up back there Sammy Watkins style. Lauderdale is my biggest threat on offense now. More screens, more sweeps, more option pitches, etc.

Formation subs are going to get a workout this year. Had it easy the last two with a couple beasts at tailback that I could just hammer away with. I don't have a game breaker at HB this year but 4 really good receivers. Might start passing a bit more as well.

Good news is that the initial scouting looked fairly good.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The recruiting class this year is so much better than last year. So many high 70 guys that actually stayed up there. Some even in the low 80s.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
No I have been working on schedules. I did my best to keep them regional. Everybody has a tough schedule. Advancing now

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I'm green. Recruiting looks good but a lot of competition. I don't need a ton of instant contributors but I have 16 Seniors I need to replace.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Managed to eek out a win at Ohio State in the rain, 35-28. I actually led 28-7 and then they went insane, recovered an onside kick and I managed to hold on.

Ran 46 times for 271 yards and 4 TD, threw 7 of 16 for 86 yards. Lauderdale ended up carrying the ball 15 times for 82 yards and 2 TD. Harris ran 14 times for 121 yards and 2 TD. Stevens at HB ran 12 times for 55 yards. Lauderdale also caught 3 passes for 31 yards.

Flanntastic

NCAA Moderator
Sally. Your dad wants to know why you don't respond to his messages or party invites?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Send OD invite to LEGITxNINJA65, I will pick Syracuse and go on auto.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Well UConn was lighting me up for the first two drives of that game and then my defense woke the hell up and shut them down the rest of the way. 45-21 final.

Offense looked better although I'm pretty disappointed in my HB situation. I can't keep relying on Lauderdale back there, between his KR/PR duties, WR duties and some HB duties, he's fatigued 2-3 plays into drives. Garcia, the Freshman speed back I had hoped I could rely on is not very good at all. Takes half an hour to get up to speed.

Good news is I got Harris going in this game. He had a horrible first game and got hurt for a few plays, much better this time around. TTU as a whole put up 570 yards on 64 snaps. 36 rushes for 232 yards and 4 TD and 25 of 29 passing for 338 and 2 TD. 9 of 10 on 3rd down.

Harris threw 21 of 24 for 277 and 2 TD and Davis Webb threw 4 of 5 for 61 yards. Lauderdale and Harris each had 11 carries, Lauderdale for just 45 yards and 2 TD and Harris for 104 and a TD. My other HB's didn't do shit. Anthony Craft at TE had 12 receptions for 207 yards and a TD. He is a beast, sad I only get 2 seasons of him and lost a quarter of last season to injury. He's a WR in a 6'4" 253lb frame.

Lauderdale caught a few passes as well but it was mostly Craft's show, catching half of the completed passes for the team (one of the completions was actually an option pitch that inexplicably was called a pass).

Going to have to evolve my offense some. I am too reliant on speed at HB with my base Spread-I. @bruin228 bringing up Mizzou's older offense in the Spread Offense thread gave me some ideas on how to evolve my O a bit to focus on the personnel I have. Still be run heavy but maybe get some guys spaced out a bit more. Craft doesn't do me a lot of good lined up in the backfield as a FB in my O. Most of the 12 completions came when I split him out wide via formation packages or motion.

Could end up doing something like what Urban Meyer did with Alex Smith at Utah. Still run heavy, but a ton of Empty.

TotalDoubt

War Damn
I'm gonna be using Air Force's play book I think. Little flex bone triple option mixed with some shotgun triple. I have a fb that's pretty nasty so we will see how it goes.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Pretty meh game. I put up over 600 yards and 42 points but I threw 2 red zone picks and had to pick off Okie St's QB in the end zone with 3 seconds left to win.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Don't feed the troll.

Just bust that silly ass Flexbone up when you play Auburn.

TD I am still waiting on that sex tape that you and your wife made.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I wasn't in it. It was her and a hairbrush. In her ass. That was one of the videos

mswha.gif

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
Send it to me and I will add it to my collection.

Flann sent me one a few months ago of him eating Cheetos out of CincyPete's wife's snapper.

NavyHog

Utopia Moderator
NCAA Moderator
I uploaded a highlight from my 55-3 win over Miami. My stud SS Kenny Smith (6'7, 220 lbs, 90 spd, 92 OVR) had the HB blanketed on a sideline wheel route and made the INT with a big leap. Here comes the hijinks: after the leaping INT he fell backward on the ground, immediately popped up and ran for a 40 yard TD. As we all know in college you cannot run once you hit the ground, but for whatever reason the refs completely ignored this very basic rule. On top of that after he hit the ground his forearm appeared to go out of bounds as he rose to his feet to run. If it's in the game, it's in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.