• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2088 Season Thread - Let's Goooooo

Wolfman21

Barlini with 7 more hits, 6 more walks, 3 more homers and 6 more RBI. Hes gonna end up being 2nd in WAR on my team after playing in like 55 games, lol

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
3 sims left in the season. Dunno if 6 games is doable to get dat WC. :/

Same games back from the playoffs as I am. The thing I FUCKING HATE about this game is that the elastic band doesn't ever seem to spring back and forth with any genuine reference to strengths/weaknesses in the team. I have no idea how it calculates it but it seems like things a predestined at the start of the season and then it flicks back and forth without even paying attention to the teams personality.

I am now sort of in the position I thought I would be (my pythag record would have me in the playoffs), but at the start of the season with the exact same lineup (I've literally not made a single change), my record was 8th in batting by a long way, which was just not realistic in relation to my players. I've now pinged me back to 3rd/4th in batting which is probably about right. What the fuck is wrong with this shit? What would be nice is if it actually penalised you for genuine deficiencies. It should always been my pitching that should have fluctuated (it's stayed stably bad rather than swinging from bad to diabolical which is what it should have done).

I reckon I still might make the playoffs, as I have a good run-in.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I haven’t looked to see what that split is after being heavily at home in the early goings.

But I consider this a strong first full season in VARSITY. Last year was a rebuild and shape the org.

All I ask is no career enders to these arms. Should be able to compete for the next year irl unless boredom sets in and want to tinker. But dat won’t be til after 90? 91? Once the picks are all in-house once more.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I haven’t looked to see what that split is after being heavily at home in the early goings.

But I consider this a strong first full season in VARSITY. Last year was a rebuild and shape the org.

All I ask is no career enders to these arms. Should be able to compete for the next year irl unless boredom sets in and want to tinker. But dat won’t be til after 90? 91? Once the picks are all in-house once more.

Or you send me all your picks in a potential 90 or 91 COCKBUSTER!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Lots of tough losses this week.

:( lost Nunez for the last week and postseason. Lost Wicks for a couple weeks too.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
No dude. It’s on you. You always act as if you know the programming and diarrhea absurdities.

Reactions: doh

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
No dude. It’s on you. You always act as if you know the programming and diarrhea absurdities.

I just take the piss out of it, without much of a clue. You're the one that always defends the game every time I do like it's your tug buddy. So I think you should give a fucking answer.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
For example @Orlando -

Same games back from the playoffs as I am. The thing I FUCKING HATE about this game is that the elastic band doesn't ever seem to spring back and forth with any genuine reference to strengths/weaknesses in the team. I have no idea how it calculates it but it seems like things a predestined at the start of the season and then it flicks back and forth without even paying attention to the teams personality.

I am now sort of in the position I thought I would be (my pythag record would have me in the playoffs), but at the start of the season with the exact same lineup (I've literally not made a single change), my record was 8th in batting by a long way, which was just not realistic in relation to my players. I've now pinged me back to 3rd/4th in batting which is probably about right. What the fuck is wrong with this shit? What would be nice is if it actually penalised you for genuine deficiencies. It should always been my pitching that should have fluctuated (it's stayed stably bad rather than swinging from bad to diabolical which is what it should have done).

I reckon I still might make the playoffs, as I have a good run-in.

Response -

There is no elastic band

You are such a fucking mong. Only a person with the most extreme lack of self understanding could construe that I'm the one that professes to know how the game is programmed here.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
For example @Orlando -

Response -

You are such a fucking mong. Only a person with the most extreme lack of self understanding could construe that I'm the one that professes to know how the game is programmed here.
Lol. You don’t have to get so upset. There are dozens of posts where you claim the game is obviously programmed a certain way.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Lol. You don’t have to get so upset. There are dozens of posts where you claim the game is obviously programmed a certain way.

That's completely in your head. I'll always say something pretty broad and not really well founded, but you ALWAYS dispute it like you actually know how the fuck it works. I'm not upset, just astounded at your lack of self awareness.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Cairo falls to 6th :laughing:

Total BLOODBATH in Varsity. Theoretically 4 teams still in contention for two slots.

Meanwhile JV should be condemned, Tijuana and Miami competing for the WFT losing record paloff slot.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Cairo falls to 6th :laughing:

Total BLOODBATH in Varsity. Theoretically 4 teams still in contention for two slots.

Meanwhile JV should be condemned, Tijuana and Miami competing for the WFT losing record paloff slot.
Tuts been sitting in that 6th the last handful of sims.
closed the gap to 2g
4g vs borg and 3g vs rigs
Õrale!

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
ANOTHER devastating injury to a young pitcher? That's now 3 1st round ARMS that have been ruined in recent drafts.

Still think feeders have nothing to do with pitching injuries @Orlando ?