• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2088 Season Thread - Let's Goooooo

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
My 2nd on the ongoing draft, and if the R makes a better offer than that I can be persuaded to consider additional compensation to keep Nick Fell away from it.

If you want something else in flexible as well

How about the second in next year’s draft and $1M in cash?

jdlikewhoa

That was a hell of a rubber band. Went from dead last to 4th in like 4 sims. I looked at it last night and thought, "I know I'm drunk but I didn't think I was THAT drunk." Thank you all for not fleecing me of Fertile and Montanez when I was basically begging you.

Wolfman21

Barlini's ratings have gone through the roof against RHP. OSA has him at 60/60/75/65/50 vs RHP. I didn't expect his ratings to explode like that. No wonder you wanted him so bad when i drafted him @doh. Between AA, AAA and WBL he has 37 homers in 111 games

Wolfman21

Heres an interesting question I have for people...would like to see people's preferences. Same player....two different seasons....same WAR. Which line would you prefer?

A. .238/.315/.434 for .749 OPS with 20 doubles, 7 triples, 26 homers
B. .282/.358/.421 for .779 OPS with 33 doubles, 4 triples, 12 homers

Defensive ratings for the two seasons are practically the same....Top line is last season, bottom line is projected stats for end of this season. Last season won 3.6 WAR, this season projected to win 3.6 WAR. Which season do you think is better?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
That’s a tricky question, it’s hard to argue with OBP but I’d like to see the peripheral stats also. But ideally I’d like someone to combine the power with the OBP :D interesting development.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
For me it depends on the rest of the lineup. I’d take the guy with more power, but generally I’d say the obp guy is better

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Barlini's ratings have gone through the roof against RHP. OSA has him at 60/60/75/65/50 vs RHP. I didn't expect his ratings to explode like that. No wonder you wanted him so bad when i drafted him @doh. Between AA, AAA and WBL he has 37 homers in 111 games
Yep... It took a player that you can't find in the game outside of Montanez (LHH CF with elite D) for me to pass on Barlini. But I thought he was the best bat in the draft and I should have offered a first to someone to get him.

doh

Who is a better hitter than him? I'd take Allen and Ishii over him because of positions. But Barlini is the best hitter in the last draft.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Something doesn’t add up with Barlini’s splits, or am I doing bad math?

Wolfman21

Allen is hitting .363 and playing the field. It’s not really debatable to me. Barlini is a great hitter though. Nice second round pick after taking a great SP.

to be fair to @doh, he did only say Barlini was the better "hitter" and said that Allen and Ishii were the better players because of their position.

I have no idea who will end up having the better hitting stats over their career, but Allan is a special, special player. Should be an all star in the WL for the next decade if he stays healthy. Barlini is going to be a nice DH/1B for me for 120 games a season for the next decade. I'll take that

doh

No doubt Allen is a better overall player (as is Ishii.. I haven't looked at the rest). But talking just pure bat: Barlini better.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
to be fair to @doh, he did only say Barlini was the better "hitter" and said that Allen and Ishii were the better players because of their position.

I have no idea who will end up having the better hitting stats over their career, but Allan is a special, special player. Should be an all star in the WL for the next decade if he stays healthy. Barlini is going to be a nice DH/1B for me for 120 games a season for the next decade. I'll take that
I know what doh meant. I still don’t think he is the better hitter.

what ya mean?
1.005 vs RHP. 0.778 vs LHP. Somehow that equals 1.027?

Wolfman21

I know what doh meant. I still don’t think he is the better hitter.

1.005 vs RHP. 0.778 vs LHP. Somehow that equals 1.027?

For some reason his splits have him with 94 at bats and his profile page is only showing him at 90 at bats. I added up his game log and he only has 90 at bats so i have no idea why the splits have 4 extra at bats in there.