• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2088 Season Thread - Let's Goooooo

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Indy/Pro IFA guys are tough to gage. I think just like REEL life, it's hard to scout them.

One season we had Calhau and Nava as the ELiTe Pro IFA's. Nava went for a lot more money (7/183) than Calhau (4/81) and looked better. Nava's been a decent SP but never more than 3 WARs. Calhau has 3 Cy's.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Cairo falls to 6th :laughing:

Total BLOODBATH in Varsity. Theoretically 4 teams still in contention for two slots.

Meanwhile JV should be condemned, Tijuana and Miami competing for the WFT losing record paloff slot.

This game fucking stinks of shit. At the beginning of the season it was pretty obvious that Tony and I would re-run for the 4th spot, and everything else seems irrelevant. That fucking 5000 simulated games on stats plus had me at 1% for the playoffs near the all star break and 10% last upload. It had me as (nearly) the worst team in the league in the first half and somehow having a run at the playoffs in the second. Not only that, but now, at what should be the most exciting part of our season, my gate receipts have dropped from when I was shit. Something fucky happens with this game. I have no idea what it is but it's just weird. I have no idea how it's programmed, I hardly care as I know I won't win long term and I'm at about 20/80 immersion, but all of you are living in dream land if you think it does a reasonable job of simulating the game.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
Ie - All I'm saying/have ever been saying is that this is up there with Madden as a fucking piece of shit game. I have no idea what makes the code so bad, but I know it is bad.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
The simulation game does a poor job of simulating based on the variance between master simulation and the multi-simulation predictions performed by the same simulation engine?

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
its programmed against him, and him only. The indy mobile devs hate brits...its obvious

I wasn't complaining when I was losing. I would rather have stayed there. It's the pathetic rubber band that's bounced me back into 4th that makes me annoyed.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
The simulation game does a poor job of stimulating based on the variance between master simulation and the multi-simulation predictions performed by the same simulation engine?

This game is boring by definition, and then it fucking rubs shit in your eyes by being boring and illogical.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
giphy.gif

Wolfman21

why in the hell was Frank Simmons' turn skipped in the last sim? I set it up so that Bin-Wakil and Burinca would be my most rested pitchers and instead Bin-Wakil pitches the last game of the season.

jdlikewhoa

Damn. Hell of a run to end the season. Slow start, so thank you rubber band and GOAT Fertile and Montanez (50+ HR/50+ SB)

Hopefully shortening the rotation for the paloffs gets me through but I foresee a first round knockout coming.

Mostly I’m just glad rolling the dice to get some playoff revenue worked and maybe I can get out of budget hell.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I always felt this was the best team I had ever put together, and was more surprised that the rubber band pulled me so far back at the beginning of the season, than I am to be in the playoffs.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
My whole team just fell apart that last week. I feel like all year our games were close because of the pen and decent enough SP. Everyone just imploded. Most of the games weren’t even close. At least @jdlikewhoa had to go through borg to make the playoffs to make it interesting. Congrats!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@jdlikewhoa also a fun time to look back on the Nuh/Torkel trade. Torkel Z never really panned out like I think you and I both though he would and Crabo died before even making it to AAA. Nuh was solid enough, but shy of that consistent 5WAR player we thought he would be. Still putting up 4WAR at his age though back in Borg. He only spent two years in FB.

jdlikewhoa

@jdlikewhoa also a fun time to look back on the Nuh/Torkel trade. Torkel Z never really panned out like I think you and I both though he would and Crabo died before even making it to AAA. Nuh was solid enough, but shy of that consistent 5WAR player we thought he would be. Still putting up 4WAR at his age though back in Borg. He only spent two years in FB.

I thought it was going to be another Braveheart/Wooly trade and I was going to have to book myself a reservation at Tony’s favorite cafe. Glad he didn’t quite pan out for you lol.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I just checked with the test file- same thing happens. The links to the pools are grayed out from the end of the draft until the next season's pool reveal. Seems to be indydev fuckshit.

That's interesting. I wonder if any changes happen to the existing future pools during this time (e.g. additional players getting added, or players "developing"/advancing instead of that happening organically).

The future pools often look weaker than the current year pool in my offline Franchise.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
That's interesting. I wonder if any changes happen to the existing future pools during this time (e.g. additional players getting added, or players "developing"/advancing instead of that happening organically).

The future pools often look weaker than the current year pool in my offline Franchise.

The players seem to improve the closer they come to being draft eligible. The 2099 class has I think six 5-star guys, while the 2102 class has zero. I could sim to 2102 later and see if/how those guys improve as they age.