• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2043 Off Season Thread

osick87

Community Liaison
Is it possible to do a first year bonus?

Something like if he hits what the Vesting is, he gets a bonus to put him within 80% of the next year's salary?

Lloyd Carr

My rationale:

Ed Lewis is a Rochester, NY native as well as a solid IF player with good defensive stats. He's also got a solid career going in college, albeit his competition is poor. He was a must have for Buffalo.

Reel originally offered me him for a 4th, but I declined it since it's not fair to give him a 4th for a 2nd round pick. I told him Id do a 3rd and 4th but he had to cover the signing bonus for Lewis, but I went and traded my 3rd to jd and kind of back tracked on my word by doing so, so I told him Id take the bonus for lying (even though he still got a third this year:laughing:)

Reel wins this one, but I wanted Lewis reel bad.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
My rationale:

Ed Lewis is a Rochester, NY native as well as a solid IF player with good defensive stats. He's also got a solid career going in college, albeit his competition is poor. He was a must have for Buffalo.

Reel originally offered me him for a 4th, but I declined it since it's not fair to give him a 4th for a 2nd round pick. I told him Id do a 3rd and 4th but he had to cover the signing bonus for Lewis, but I went and traded my 3rd to jd and kind of back tracked on my word by doing so, so I told him Id take the bonus for lying (even though he still got a third this year:laughing:)

Reel wins this one, but I wanted Lewis reel bad.

I like this. Keep the homeboy in the hometown.

NML

Excited for the sim tonight.

How many more til we're at ST? Tonight and tomorrow?

osick87

Community Liaison
Can't do any saving unless @OU11 reports in.
dsnt.gif

NML

Welp. I made the offers to Pusk and Infante before the Clinch deal - one that I felt was too good to pass up. I honestly just didn't know what to do with the two FAs. I originally signed them to round out my rotation as #3 and #4, but I couldn't decide who I wanted. I figured one would accept and one would get a better offer. Overpaid for Pusk, but I really like my Infante deal. $12m and we'll see if he's got anything left or if last year was the start of the decline.

My rotation is stacked doe. Clinch, Kim, Paco, Pusk, and Infante.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Went to bed with 3 pending offers and 3 favors offers. Woke up to 0 signings.

iOqEWQG.gif

same. I had 3 FAs who were favorable, and 4 IFAs who were pending after giving them $1.5M bumps yesterday. Only got Hacksaw (which IMO was the most important to get), when I spend I want to spend big just getting one guy is a waste. I should have just pulled all the offers and went big next year. Hope Hacksaw does something

osick87

Community Liaison
@NML outbid me on Infante. I was hoping to get him at a discount. With other positions I felt needed improvement on I didn't want to burn 12.8 on a guy. Gotta go bargain bin shopping.

Odrenian is a great defensive catcher who seems farm boy strong. I can handle a catcher like that. Zagurov didn't show he was going to be the catcher I hoped so now I have Odrenian so he can come along a bit slower.

Bradshaw is half of my dh platoon. He had a great year for @Karl Hungus two years ago and his obp was good last year.

I spent on power which given my park is probably not the greatest idea but Odrenian's defence and Bradshaw's ability to get on base make the inefficient spending less so.

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
@osick87

Bradshaw is solid, good pickup. He just wanted too much money from me for what he is at this point- half of a DH platoon. In hindsight, I should have traded him after that 5.0 WAR year.

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeah I gave him 2yrs @ 2.5 per. There is cheap RH power out there so hopefully I can get a DH position to crank out 25-30 HRS for 3.5-4 milly.

osick87

Community Liaison
If anybody needs a solid placeholder catcher, I will endorse my boi Bingham. Cheap, solid hitter. Defense isn't great but he won't be JP Arencibia

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
@osick87 Seeker is a great backup catcher. He wouldn't even talk extension with me, otherwise I would have kept him. Fantastic defensive catcher and not completely useless with the bat.

Anyone looking to dump to dump or get rid of salary. Looking for decent upgrades and can handle bad contracts. @jdlikewhoa

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Count me in the "I never want to do this sim again" camp.

Is there a camp? This is how its been the last 3-4 years. If we need to change it let me know but at some point these guys are going to sign somewhere.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I should've planned accordingly to the "this is the final time you can offer people" but this off-season has been short as hell already.