• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2043 Off Season Thread

NML

Not so concerned about the deal if I thought Hammers were gon compete... Figured this would be a rebuilding year.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I really dont even think it was all that much to give up given borgs circumstances . Still has a first this coming year from kw, wong is great but isnt bernadino a rp? I'll have to look at morales but i really like the deal on quale's side at first glance.

Padilla is fragile tho IIRC, but quale never gets injuries so he should be good there

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I should've prefaced my post with the fact that I know absolutely nothing about the north other than what the offseason center tells me. Just seemed like you lost a lot in FA.
I lost guys I replaced.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I really dont even think it was all that much to give up given borgs circumstances . Still has a first this coming year from kw, wong is great but isnt bernadino a rp? I'll have to look at morales but i really like the deal on quale's side at first glance.

Padilla is fragile tho IIRC, but quale never gets injuries so he should be good there
Yeah I mean I knew I would have to give up a lot going in to a deal for any SS and I certainly did. Padilla's fragility is my only concern with the deal. He is in his prime and a very good player.

Wong is is a stud C prospect. Leo is a solid WBL SP and I think will do really well in Moscow. He is cheap and only 26. Berna is a tweener and Wendell really liked him. The two firsts were a given in a deal like this.

I think it's a win-win trade. Wendell took advantage of the market and I got a piece to patch the only whole in my lineup. It's obviously a win now move for me and the fans will love it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah wendell had to do that deal, i just think with harris and kw's first wong and one first dont matter. They are there to make a deal anyway. The other first will be late after you trade me weber for a similar package anyway.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah wendell had to do that deal, i just think with harris and kw's first wong and one first dont matter. They are there to make a deal anyway. The other first will be late after you trade me weber for a similar package anyway.
Right. It was a deal I could handle and one Wendell couldn't pass on.

Weber gon stay a Hammer doe.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
I think it's a good deal for me, but a great deal for Lando. He had the assets to move without hurting the club. I was glad to be able to unlock Padilla's value in a way that replenishes my future pitching corps and battery. Gonna be hard to replace JP's bat and glove doe.

Lloyd Carr

Useful sim you mean

In what way?

That's not intended to sound dickish, I'm just curious how that sim had usefulness.
I can see Orlando and Wendell finding use in it given their trades, but how was it useful in general?

Again, not being a dick. I'm just curious as to if I missed out on utilizing that sim in some way. As it stands, I dont know why Id even have to export today since I was set for ST last night (unless I can set a 7-day lineup for tonight).

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
In what way?

That's not intended to sound dickish, I'm just curious how that sim had usefulness.
I can see Orlando and Wendell finding use in it given their trades, but how was it useful in general?

Again, not being a dick. I'm just curious as to if I missed out on utilizing that sim in some way. As it stands, I dont know why Id even have to export today since I was set for ST last night (unless I can set a 7-day lineup for tonight).
With all due respect that opinion isnt worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on. I think this is a time where you realize you're not the only one playing.

Damn, quale already got it

Lloyd Carr

Then it wasn't useful to you. People are atill signing FAs though and some people might not have their rosters ready. Don't be a dick Lloyd.

This is more what I was looking for. I wasnt sure if I missed out on an opportunity to do something with that sim, as I was under the impression it was taking us into ST so that is what I planned for.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
This is more what I was looking for. I wasnt sure if I missed out on an opportunity to do something with that sim, as I was under the impression it was taking us into ST so that is what I planned for.
We just went over this haha. Even all caps in the thread title doesnt work

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
With all due respect that opinion isnt worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin gettin it on. I think this is a time where you realize you're not the only one playing.

Damn, quale already got it
Your wording was better. Don't be a dick Lloyd.