• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2043 Off Season Thread

NML

For most of us, the offseason has started.

Who you selling? Wat are you looking for? Win now or rebuild?

I'll post mine later, but as always, I'm here for ur salary dumps.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
How is that determined? Ffffffffffuuuuuuuuu. I even benched Pott for the run-in.

I don't know for sure, it is just how it is in my game. It isn't even consistent because sometimes different owners will have a different order

Lloyd Carr

If anyone wants Ragalla to put at the back end of their rotation, I will give him up for cheap.

Essentially first person to post a trade in the finalized trades thread can have him.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
I just don't understand how teams could be ahead of me in the draft order that I trail in the standings. That is bunch of bullshit.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
7klRI1k.png

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yankee add a shitty minor leaguer to it. I want to do away with the "for nothing" trades.

Lloyd Carr

Just guessing but maybe standings go by alphabet? Draft by some actual metric (runs, record against each other, etc..).

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
A shit 1st round pick.

Is previous year's record the tie-breaker in real life? If so, I'll deal with it but if not we should find out what it is and apply it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The only thing Yankee ever cared about in the league has been taken.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
A shit 1st round pick.

Is previous year's record the tie-breaker in real life? If so, I'll deal with it but if not we should find out what it is and apply it.

I think the onus is on you bru, go research it.

Lloyd Carr

One of youll send me a 5th round pick (this year or in the future) and Ragalla is yours. Otherwise Ill drop him and you guys can bid on him in FA.

He's useless to me now, useless as trade bait given his inability to handle pressure, and I am angry with him. So, he goes this offseason regardless.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
:laughing: this isn't real life. I don't understand what you need explained. You want the better pick because alpha-order puts you lower in the standings?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
It is, I did my research back in the day during my tank races with Gator and others. It just keeps going back until you reach a season that you don't have tied records

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The general draft order is the reverse order of the previous year's standings. If two teams finish with identical records, the previous year's standings of the two teams is the tiebreaker, with the team having a worse record receiving the higher pick.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Oh and if my budget drops again I will quit for real, I'm only 10% quitting right now. I don't think it will but the camel's back would've broken if my budget drops again

Lloyd Carr

I have enough competition in the South as is. Also even if I somehow face Istanbul in the ship at some point, Ragalla wont be a starter.

Just remember you owe me a 5th at some point in the future.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

I had just looked it up. Lame. A high draft pick was all I had to look forward to after this collapse. I should have brought the shitbags up from AAA and gone all-in on the final week tanking.

Lloyd Carr

Id have taken nothing, but OU wouldnt allow it. Id rather have nothing than take on a big salary for a player I wont use, as Im sure ill take on a salary dump for someone next year for a pick.

Plus, if they offer it, Im not saying no.

Lloyd Carr

I wouldnt even be against just dumping him and letting you guys take your chances in FA. I dont want him.

But I also have a team as a whole to manage, so if someone offers a better deal than someone else, Id be dumb to say no.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Oh and if my budget drops again I will quit for real, I'm only 10% quitting right now. I don't think it will but the camel's back would've broken if my budget drops again

You messed up big time on that front by trading for Columo. You were in line for an 8M bump until that happened.

Lloyd Carr

Id rather give him to Yankee, because I just know if I give him to a South team, he will win 20 games with a sub-3 era.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He still is $6m in the green. I could see him getting a bump.

It's possible. @Yankee151 if you aren't going to give some of those guys arb deals cut them before the season ends. I see a few that don't deserve what they're going to get. If you cut them I think it will help your cause when you go to your owner.