• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2043 Off Season Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'm a big market guy, so I'm biased, but I like quicker. I think I would like it if I was on a smaller budget too but who really knows.

It doesn't let teams top each other by 500k back and forth for a week IRL. Make ur bid and move on. If you really want someone, don't expect to counter back and forth below demand. If ur trying to steal someone cheaper, make an offer and hope no one else wants them.

I get my guys because I overpay to make sure there's no doubt. Again, I'm big market so I have that luxury, but I think it's better this way. Don't complain about losing someone when we sim five days and ur trying to nickel and dime them.
I intentionally bid up Puskara doe :laughing:

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
Just thinking about OU's troubles and Bdub's troubles before him. What if we have a commish who isn't a GM? Have we ever had that luxury? The problems will be the same, but at least the workload is less.

osick87

Community Liaison
Once Infante got up to 12 mil, I knew I wasn't getting him but was glad someone didn't get him for the 4 or 5 he started at.

Lloyd Carr

I figure with that trade with doh I get to see van As move on and actually play (hopefully) on another WBL roster. I was planning on moving him to AAA this year and having him act as a reserve guy in case of injury to one of my WBL players, but I didn't really have much use for him otherwise. I've got another guy (Samurakami) on AAA who should be capable of filing an OF spot if absolutely needed, and I've already got a backup on top of a backup at the OF slots already with Reyes and Powell. Very unlikely van As or Samurakami would play for Buffalo this year (or any year going forward, really). I figured it was best just to move him now before he gets older/irrelevant, and get at least something in return.

Goose is a little bit of a "hmmm" piece for me. I've got comparable/solid IF backups already at the WBL level, and Goose isn't that much (if at all) of an improvement over either guy. But, Goose gives me that support in AAA in the event Gilleland or Luong go down, or if Rodriguez goes down. Plus, maybe Rodriguez/Frisby will suck and Goose will surprise me and I end up swapping one of them out and putting Goose in. But he gives me more leeway as far as how I want to handle that infield, in comparison to the flexibility van As gave me.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
The reasons I wanted Goose in the first place/love about him: 80 at 2B. Lots of offensive 2B in the game who can't field so he provides value there. Also is a 80 everything runner IIRC so he can pinch run. Provides elite tools off the bench in those two categories which could help late in games. He also hits for a decent average if you ever had to play him every day. Lefty mashing helps too. I was trying to get him better at SS/3B defensively last year. Guys like Duan are so rare who can be 80s at multiple positions.

Lloyd Carr

I'm probably going to test him out at 3B in AAA to start the year to see if he can improve upon his rating there. If he can, I'll probably call him up in 2044 and figure out something with Frisby/Rodriguez.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah good idea. Another thing I like about him is if shit hits the fan and you have to start him at the very least you get an elite defensive 2B.

osick87

Community Liaison
I called a 19 yr old up last year because my 2B situation was bad and he stuck. When I took over, Nakamura was only 19 and was called up.

If they're old enough to drink in Canada and are hitting .340 in AAA, I usually will give them the chance.

Lloyd Carr

Dawg if they're ready they're ready, with the caveat that they'll get real expensive through arb/FA

Am Yankee.

Widineev has shown me the light. I hesitated on bringing him up because he was still young and I knew he'd be expensive sooner, but he's made Buffalo better in every facet since I brought him up. I'd rather pay more money sooner and have him mash in the WBL (hopefully), than save money and have him mash away in AAA without purpose.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Am Yankee.

Widineev has shown me the light. I hesitated on bringing him up because he was still young and I knew he'd be expensive sooner, but he's made Buffalo better in every facet since I brought him up. I'd rather pay more money sooner and have him mash in the WBL (hopefully), than save money and have him mash away in AAA without purpose.
He is just a bauce.

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
So I just noticed that only Amsterdam, Helsingborg, and Seoul are managing the size of their International Complexes. Those three teams have fewer than 20 players in the IC. The rest of us have 40+.

Is there a good reason to keep the IC pared down to size?
Did those three clubs release players, or en masse move then to Class A ball?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Weber is no slouch.

I am happy he panned out for you though. His ratings have shot past what I thought his potential might be.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So I just noticed that only Amsterdam, Helsingborg, and Seoul are managing the size of their International Complexes. Those three teams have fewer than 20 players in the IC. The rest of us have 40+.

Is there a good reason to keep the IC pared down to size?
Did those three clubs release players, or en masse move then to Class A ball?
After some time I cut guys that are just awful ratings wise. Filler guys I send up whenever I need them. Actual prospects I wait until they are basically 18.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So age 18 up or out?
Lately, yes. But filler types I'll keep around until they are auto called up if I forget. There is a cap in the IC, and at one point I had a ton of players. I had trouble keeping track of ones that interested me and ones that were trash. So slashing the IC roster helped me keep track better. Most my players there are garbage. Just found a decent P prospect though.

Wolfman21

International Complex cap is 50 players. I usually try to keep mine at 40 or below. My actual prospects I move up to Single A when they turn 18 or thereabouts. If a guy reaches 18/19 and his potentials are still in the 30's and 40's...i cut him loose.

Gooksta

I think my scout has found like 3 or 4 stellar rp prospects that ended up being 4/5 stars.. granted they were 1.5/2 star sp prospects when signed.. traded one to orlando.. how does he look @Orlando ?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think my scout has found like 3 or 4 stellar rp prospects that ended up being 4/5 stars.. granted they were 1.5/2 star sp prospects when signed.. traded one to orlando.. how does he look @Orlando ?
Jorge has pitched well. He will probably get a call up at some point this season. I really tested his durability and stamina last year in AA. I had him throw 130 innings including a few starts. I'm sure this is making you want to puke :laughing: I'm hoping he reaches potential.

Gooksta

Jorge has pitched well. He will probably get a call up at some point this season. I really tested his durability and stamina last year in AA. I had him throw 130 innings including a few starts. I'm sure this is making you want to puke :laughing: I'm hoping he reaches potential.
You want him as a starter? Or just trying raise stam?

Lloyd Carr

I don't even know if I exported today. I was playing around with some things, and then got in too deep with making adjustments that I didn't want to keep. I know I didn't export after I started playing around, but I forget if I exported before that.

Oh well.

jdlikewhoa

Except he isn't a 5 tool player
7433019188_7633bcfd09_o.gif