• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2043 Off Season Thread

Lloyd Carr

How I feel every time I read OU's posts:

SdwMjSH.gif

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
When I say 7 years, it is implied I mean how long it takes to qualify for the 10 year rule.

The "got him out just in time" was a dumb joke, quale said "he wasn't close"
I thought he was just being dense so I doubled down and said "7 years is cutting it too close" as another joke
"It's 10 years" after he just posted the rule and I talked about reading it afterwards. Therefore I knew the rule wasn't 7/5 due to its name being 10/5 and quale posting the actual rule on the page before.

My b

Wolfman21

Yeah...he went from 80 POT stuff to 65 POT pretty quickly....however he had reached 65 current stuff at like 20 years old...which is still impressive. When he tore the cuff the first time, he lost his control potential (65-55) and when he tore it the 2nd, he lost the progress he had made on his current ratings (65-55 stuff). He just seems to have progressed too early and not progressed far enough. His ratings drop in the past few years looks like a 34-35 year old...not a 26 year old.

Wolfman21

I'm gonna give him the boot of a pissed off 27 year old if he doesn't produce good numbers after this season...or atleast move him to the pen.

Wolfman21

starts with an Sw...same difference.

You know, before I posted that, I actually googled which nation is known best for cowardice...and all I got in return was a bunch of shit hating on the United States. So blame google.

Wolfman21

Yup. I graduated from the university that released a baseball poster calling itself the "Wolpfack"...soo it kinda comes with the territory

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Speaking of wendell, he has a new vidya i need to watch. I hope I didn't see that in a dream.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
@fignuts contract makes me think we might need another rule for contracts. At least he made the vesting option within the realm of possibility.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
He has some weird contracts fo sho, especially with the options. I remember discussing double team options. I assume we allow them since there is no rule.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He has some weird contracts fo sho, especially with the options. I remember discussing double team options. I assume we allow them since there is no rule.

I don't think it ever got organized enough for a vote. I guess a TO and a VO he only hits if you want him to are kind of the same deal so it doesn't bother me too much after thinking about it.

Wolfman21

Contract was something like 1.5 mil for first year followed by two vesting Option years where the dude had to pitch 80 innings and in the 2nd year hed make 4.5 and the third hed make 3.5....or something close.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Contract was something like 1.5 mil for first year followed by two vesting Option years where the dude had to pitch 80 innings and in the 2nd year hed make 4.5 and the third hed make 3.5....or something close.

Yeah and he hasn't hit 80 IP in 3 years. It's just an ability to control whether they want to keep him or not without paying a TO

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
@fignuts contract makes me think we might need another rule for contracts. At least he made the vesting option within the realm of possibility.

The thinking was to run a 4 man SP rotation. He'd see 70+IP easy, unless injury or he outright is below a 70era+. Wasn't meaning to 'game' the process/contract rules.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The thinking was to run a 4 man SP rotation. He'd see 70+IP easy, unless injury or he outright is below a 70era+. Wasn't meaning to 'game' the process/contract rules.

I know you weren't. But it is easy to game the system that controls whether a guy will sign with you or not if you offer those deals. So while it's cool for your specific contract, it could be abused down the road

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I know you weren't. But it is easy to game the system that controls whether a guy will sign with you or not if you offer those deals. So while it's cool for your specific contract, it could be abused down the road

Could see that. What'd be fair?
We didn't have an offseason rule thread this year. This'll prolly be the only amendment.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
While this is true, a VO runs the risk of you losing him if he doesn't reach those marks. You could always extend mid-season though which would buy out that VO.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Could see that. What'd be fair?
We didn't have an offseason rule thread this year. This'll prolly be the only amendment.
Youre good, its a know it when you see it thing unfortunately. His contract is fine tho to me especially after hearing the explanation

Wendell Gee

dawg_gone parrothead
I'm a lot more okay with it after sleeping on it. I did get a little snarky in the video after stumbling over it. Seemed like an easy way to sign a guy you don't plan to keep. Fig's rationale makes sense - an SP is easily worth 4.3M. But now we all know another way to structure a contract.

Gooksta

Lets make a rule on vesting options.. for whatever the vo is.. it cant be higher than his highest number of the 3 prev yrs or something..

If a guy pitches 50 inngs. 63 inngs and 58 inngs.. vo cant be more than 63 ip..

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
I'm a lot more okay with it after sleeping on it. I did get a little snarky in the video after stumbling over it. Seemed like an easy way to sign a guy you don't plan to keep. Fig's rationale makes sense - an SP is easily worth 4.3M. But now we all know another way to structure a contract.

He's not the 4th man as a SP. :laughing: 25 stam?! He's the 3rd setup/5-6th inning MR.