• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014/15 Premier League

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Anyone remember that time Rodgers got figured out?

Problem is that Rodgers has to use formations with big weaknesses. Although I'm not sure everybody really figured out the 4-4-2 diamond last year (the slip and Crystal Palace probably weren't related to that), the 3-4-2-1 was exploited last week. I didn't watch all of this game, but Arsenal exploited it in the first goal.

Liverpool might lose to Blackburn at this rate. Not sure what the fuck Can was doing. He was lucky it wasn't a straight red.

worst2first

The Villa faithful knew today would be a tough match and ManU played as expected. Points are desperately needed but at least they showed some fight. Under Lambert they would have just rolled over and taken it. Monday's match against QPR is a must win, but hell they're approaching the point where every match is a must win.

worst2first

I think tomorrow's match against QPR is must win if Villa is going to stay up.

This doesn't make me feel good either:

Alan Hutton is the latest player on the treatment table after sustaining an ankle injury in the 3-1 defeat to Manchester United at the weekend and both Ashley Westwood and Scott Sinclair are also sidelined.

All three are out of the crunch six-pointer and Tom Cleverley, Kieran Richardson and Aly Cissokho are also major doubts.

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/spo...news/aston-villa-tim-sherwood-contend-8985072

pavel

likes elk steak likes
Utopia Moderator
I love that w2f is a huge Villa fan now, and almost instantly a superfan.

It's like those movies where someone gets a massive head injury and all of the sudden is able to speak fluent Italian or do quantum physics...

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well I say it is better to whole-ass something like this than to half-ass it, especially if you aren't following a top team. If you were a half ass American Aston-villa fan, you'd never see them play a game they'd have a chance of winning because they only get the main TV spot when they are playing on of the top teams.

Similarly, I whole-assed my front runner fandom. Why pick one of the favorites before the season like a typical American soccer fan, only to have them fall apart on you or sell one of their best players? What if I picked Liverpool last season found myself having to cheer for a fucking cannibal? Then, even worse, after I spent a whole year justifying rooting for this mong, the team sells him and Liverpool spend the first half of the year looking inept on offense. That might be even worse, wondering if they could have finished top 4 with a vampire on the roster? With my methodology of rooting for the current first place team all the way through the season, I get to take part in the thrill of a championship run whether it is locked up early or snatched in the closing seconds of the final game. I'll fabricate some intricate back story of why I've always loved my club, just like every other johnny come lately american soccer fan, I just have to be able to think on my feet every year!

To wit: I've loved Chelsea since playing FIFA 94 using a Keyboard as a controller for the following reasons: 1) I liked the color blue 2) The default EA matchup was against Arsenal in that year's version and I hated Arsenal because that was the name of the traveling team that didn't select me because I was too slow and ran in circles because of my big foot, 3) I had a huge 6th grade crush on a redhead girl named Chelsea. I've been a diehard Chelsea fan ever since. I wonder what ol' Chelsea is up to these days? time for some facebook stalking!

worst2first

You guys are to blame. You told me to pick one team to follow when I said I wanted to get into EPL.

Being a history nerd, I found a team near where my family came from (I laugh to myself when they show the crowd shots at Villa Park because most of them could be my cousins and a few of them probably are) with a lot of tradition. I also liked Benteke from following the Belgian National Team but I know players come and go. As I started reading about the club and watching videos I found myself drawn in more and more.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I understand Travis' wagon hopping, I usually do similar in the NFL and CFB, and there are many more diehard jimmies to rustle in those sports living in america

chibob

Im enjoying the recent City and Liverpool implosion.

When I have some time ill dig up some of the arguments from the start of the season as to why a good majority of this board thought United would finish outside of the top 4 or even 6.

Because everyone loves to be proved wrong, right?

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
When I have some time ill dig up some of the arguments from the start of the season as to why a good majority of this board thought United would finish outside of the top 4 or even 6.

Because everyone loves to be proved wrong, right?

To be fair, until the last 3 games, ManU have looked like shit all year. Weren't Moyes' point totals better than Van Gaal's most of the season? It's more about everybody taking a huge step back than ManU being that much better in my opinion.

chibob

To be fair, until the last 3 games, ManU have looked like shit all year. Weren't Moyes' point totals better than Van Gaal's most of the season? It's more about everybody taking a huge step back than ManU being that much better in my opinion.

Yes and no I guess.

United have played averagely but got the results, but since maybe the Spurs game they seem to have brought it all together.

Liverpool have been inconsistent and most recently the wheels look like theyve fallen off. Probably win all their games to the end of the season though, even Chelsea.

Arsenal are playing brilliant football at the moment, the best of the season so definitely not a step back.

City havent looked great at all this season, theyve been on par with United for performances but theyre bad run of games is just coming at the end and Uniteds were earlier. Aguero has been an absolute savior for them this season again.

Chelsea havent missed a beat in terms of getting results - but even they didnt look too great since January but wins are wins, but Eden Hazard has been phenomenal. Picked up the slack after Costa and Fabregas cooled down.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I meant when you look at the points more than anything else. Last season, 3 teams finished above 80 points, and Arsenal finished with 79. This year, it looks like only Chelsea are a lock to get over 80 points. Essentially, everybody but ManU has gotten worse. Just going by points per game, if ManU got the same amount of points per game last year as they have so far this year, they would have finished outside the top 4.

chibob

I meant when you look at the points more than anything else. Last season, 3 teams finished above 80 points, and Arsenal finished with 79. This year, it looks like only Chelsea are a lock to get over 80 points. Essentially, everybody but ManU has gotten worse. Just going by points per game, if ManU got the same amount of points per game last year as they have so far this year, they would have finished outside the top 4.

By your reasoning the rest of the league would have to get better, no? So its more team stepping up their game than teams stepping off. Still 21(24 for Chelsea) points still to play for.

But then again since no EPL teams did particularly well in Europe maybe the big boys have stepped off their game.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
United have definitely cut out the at least monthly befuddling loss to an inferior team they were plagued by earlier in the season.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yedlin on. And my god Sunderland are bad.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Spurs are Reel E good. At fouling.

worst2first

That was fucking fantastic! I know a lot of people think Sherwood is a bombastic blowhard but he has turned the team around. The energy, the pace, the creativity, hell, just the effort has tremendously improved since he's arrived. I've got a lot going on today but I really want to drink, heavily. UTV!

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Hasn't it been a very long time since all 3 teams that were promoted the year before get relegated the following year? Or did that happen already

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Jesus christ Rob Green is so bad

QPR deserve to be relegated, and so much for Arsenal's slim title hope.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Also Yaya is a bitch, still laughing at Havyis calling him important to City. Guy is absolute garbage and lazy at that.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Jones for Burnley is the most British looking dude ever

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
High percentage attempt from Williams there

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Kind of feel shitty winning on that goal.

worst2first

Villa's home dressing room has been decorated in fan messages ahead of today's big game.

We asked supporters to tweet in their special 'team talks' for the players.

And the best of these have been put up in the West Stand changing room for the lads to look at for inspiration on the eve of the Liverpool clash.

We worked around the clock following the Arsenal v Reading last four encounter to get your good luck notes placed all over the dressing room.

We face the Reds this afternoon at Wembley Stadium, with a 3pm kick-off.

The winner will take on Arsenal at the national stadium on May 30.

worst2first

I was concerned after Baker left with an injury. Villa didn't look the same for a bit but they bounced back. This has been a very exciting half.