• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014-15 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Snorky's Shame

Never thought I'd see the day when two German teams would miss five out of seven penalties in a shootout. Dortmund eliminates Bayern 2-0 in the shootout to advance to the DFB Pokal final.

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

Defensive collapses tend to happen when Bakary Soumare is in your backline.

If only Montreal put away that chance to make it 2-0 in the first half.

Snorky's Shame

La Liga TV rights will be negotiated as a whole league instead of individually by club from 2016-17. Rumored split is 50% divided evenly by the clubs, 25% by league results and 25% by TV ratings.

Willing to bet that La Liga will go down to 18 teams by then. France and Italy should go back to 18 as well. Especially Serie A. The 20 team Serie A has been a joke and a good reason for their struggles the past few years.

Last edited:

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
La Liga TV rights will be negotiated as a whole league instead of individually by club from 2016-17. Rumored split is 50% divided evenly by the clubs, 25% by league results and 25% by TV ratings.

Willing to bet that La Liga will go down to 18 teams by then. France and Italy should go back to 18 as well. Especially Serie A. The 20 team Serie A has been a joke and a good reason for their struggles the past few years.

Could be happening sooner rather than later in Italy- Lazio's owner is flipping out about Carpi getting promoted saying it hurts the values of his TV rights to have such a small team in the league.

Snorky's Shame

This worries me about Barcelona today. These are the recent scores for Barcelona's home leg in the UCL semifinals:

2013: L 3-0 to Bayern
2012: T 2-2 to Chelsea
2011: T 1-1 to Madrid
2010: W 1-0 to Internazionale (needed a two goal win though)
2009: T 0-0 to Chelsea
2008: T 0-0 to Manchester United
2006: T 0-0 to Milan
2002: L 2-0 to Madrid
2000: W 2-1 to Valencia (needed a three goal win though)

Thinking 0-0 today and I don't think 2-1 is enough for Juventus.

Snorky's Shame

Looks 50/50 right now. If he plays, it will be as a sub if Juventus need a goal or two. I don't think he can play 90 minutes right now.

Snorky's Shame

45 minutes away from going off the grid for 3 1/2 weeks.

I really don't want to deal with the hype of an "El Clasico" UCL final.

Snorky's Shame

Because the hype of a Barcelona-Madrid UCL final would come close to the hype of Mayweather-Pacquiao.

I'd be sick of it by tomorrow morning.

sois

I don't watch sports news (do they cover soccer on ESPN now?) and none of my friends even know soccer so I am safe from the onslaught.

sois

I like bale. Eventually all those chances are going to start turning into goals. It's not like he has never been good while in Madrid

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I could see Ancelotti, Don't know about Bale yet though. Think he gets one more year and City probably cant afford him with FFP

Snorky's Shame

I've heard Bale to Manchester United in exchange for DeGea + cash. I could see Ancelotti taking a year off and reassessing the landscape after EURO 2016.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Why would United give away one of the world's best goalkeepers? They got somebody stashed away on the reserve team that's better? Who do they sign that's better?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
I know, no way de Gea actually leaves Man U, but LVG would bring in a Dutch guy if he did

Edwin van der Sar is not walking through that door....Tim Krul is not walking through that door....Eduard de Geoy is not walking through that door!

Snorky's Shame

Then why hasn't DeGea signed an extension with Manchester United yet?

Keep in mind Madrid really wants DeGea and that you're dealing with a pissed off Florentino Perez after a season with no trophies.

Reactions: NML

NML

Then why hasn't DeGea signed an extension with Manchester United yet?

Keep in mind Madrid really wants DeGea and that you're dealing with a pissed off Florentino Perez after a season with no trophies.

50 mil for De Gea
70 mil for Morata