• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014-15 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
This thread will attempt to cover essentially every non-English non-MLS league out there. Right now most of the leagues that are going on are South American or Scandinavian, but there's still plenty of tranfer rumors around for the others.

Some of the second tier leagues are still getting finalized for next year in the case of Europe. Eibar, a team from Gizpukoa in the Basque County, just won promotion from Liga Adelante. Deportivo la Coruna looks close to winning their promotion soon, as they can only be beat with some GD wackiness. There are 4 or 5 teams fighting for the 4 playoff spots (Barca B can't be promoted) and that looks to come down to the final day. Valla, Real Betis and Osasuna are the ones going down.

Anyhow, should be interesting to see what the big names in La Liga do next year. Barca have already grabbed ter Stegen, and with a suspension looming they aren't going to stop anytime soon. Real Madrid will try and blow 100mm on someone yet again as is tradition. Atletico, who knows. Costa is probably out but they'll pull another ST out of thin air (Leo Baptistao?). Valencia could be dark horses, especially if they do bring Benfica's Rodrigo and Andre Almeida as rumored. They have a really young core and some big signings will help.

In the Bundesliga, Hamburg narrowly beat Furth in the relegation playoff to stay safe. Doesn't look like it's going to get much beter for them though. Koln and Paderborn are replacing Timmy Chandler's Nurnburg and Eintracht Braunschwieg. This league is pretty predictable though, especially with Lewa moving to Munich. Munich gon win quickly. My team to watch in Germany won't be a Bundesliga side, but 2nd division team RasenBallSport Leipzig. They're Red Bull's team, and corporate sponsors aren't allowed in Germany (or something to this effect). Wonder how long it'll take them to reach the top flight.

Ligue 1 wasn't much of a fight this year, though Monaco finished within 9 points of PSG. PSG dumbed pretty hard with David Luiz, and barring sales can't upgrade anymore with FFP. Could be enough to have Monaco swoop in, though they are weak in defense. Metz, Lens, and Caen are up from Ligue 2. I'll be watching Bielsa's Marseille side, because I love his tactics and they're just the kind of attacking play that this league desperately needs to keep from getting even more boring.

Serie A= Juventus. Palermo is coming up. Latina, from the Lazio region could win another promotion, either automatically on the last match day or through the promotion playoff. Big questions are what the Milans are going to do, and if Rafa's Napoli and Garcia's Roma can hold up. But Juventus is king of this league and will be for a while. Practically every young Italian talent is on Juve (Berardi, Zaza, etc.)

The Eredivisie is all Ajax. Two big questions: Can they go for the 5-peat, and who leaves this year? Usually one of their guys goes, and there's a lot of options. Fischer, Blind, Cilessen?

The Russian League came down to the last match day, when CSKA repeated after AVB's Zenit crashed and CSKA picked up a win in a crosstown game against Loko. This year's edition will have 5 teams from Moscow after Torpedo won promotion in the playoffs. It's not all local though, as Ural from Yekaterinaburg remains as a daunting road trip after they kept their position following their promotion two years ago.

Libertadores play won't resume until a week after the WC final, where Nacional(PAR) will play Defensor(URU) and Bolivar will face San Lorenzo(ARG). The Copa Sudamericana (The Europa League equivalent) doesn't start until August.

Argentina will be switching to a 30-team league in 2015, and thus there will be a transition tournament this fall where no team will be relegated. If it sounds bizarre, that's because it is.

The Brazilian Serie A is 7 games in, and it runs May-Dec. There'll be a break for the WC. Cruzeiro lead with 16 points, with Fluminense (@Shakabreaux) in second.

The Norweigan Tippeligaen is 11 games in, and of note for US fans, Bob Bradley's Stabaek are in 4th while Mix's Rosenborg are in 6th. Molde FK (Josh Gatt) are runnign away with it though, as they are 5 and 8 points clear of 2nd and 3rd, respectively.

More to come.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Last year's Top Strikers:

RgMSoI1.jpg

Multiple DONE DEALS reporting a Dani Alves+Cash for Marquinhos swap for PSG. Dat all Brazillian back line doe

Chase

Inzaghi is the new corch of Milan. Will be interesting, but probably another failure.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Wonder how Balotelli will take it. Seedorf looked like he was finally getting to him, the gif nonwithstanding.

WingedHelmet

Some of the second tier leagues are still getting finalized for next year in the case of Europe. Eibar, a team from Gizpukoa in the Basque County, just won promotion from Liga Adelante. Deportivo la Coruna looks close to winning their promotion soon, as they can only be beat with some GD wackiness. There are 4 or 5 teams fighting for the 4 playoff spots (Barca B can't be promoted) and that looks to come down to the final day. Valla, Real Betis and Osasuna are the ones going down.

http://sidespin.kinja.com/basque-minnows-to-play-in-la-liga-or-will-they-1581738865/+bubbaprog

In Spain's north, smack dab in the heart of Basque country sits a town of 27,000 on the road between Bilbao and San Sebastián called Eibar. Flanked by the mountains which encircle much of Eibar, Ipurua is a football grounds reminiscent of the same ones inhabited by many of England's non-league sides: a simple design of one prominent stand covered by an aging aluminum awning. Despite its humble surroundings, this past weekend, SD Eibar gained automatic promotion to Spain's La Liga by virtue of being top of the Segunda Division, 1 point clear of La Liga mainstays Deportiva La Coruna.

On any other day and in any other town, a sense of jubilance would have swept over the small population and the Ipurua ground which holds no more than 6,500 people, as their local boys would begin preparations to be the minnow among a sea of carnivorous predatorial species the likes of FC Barcelona and European Champions Real Madrid. Instead, the future of SD Eibar as a La Liga sides floats in financial purgatory, as the club are being punished for their responsible financial practices, deemed not worthy of membership in Spain's top flight.

SD Eibar have not only climbed the many rungs of Spanish football playing well and using the most of what they have at their disposal, they've done so with the lowest wage bill (3.5 million euros) and by not incurring any debt. Eibar is by far the smallest town to reach such a footballing pinnacle, and their home ground's capacity is comparatively miniscule.

Because of an economic principle, Real Decreto 1251/1999, in place to govern the finances of clubs in Spain's top two levels - formally classified as 'professional football' - SD Eibar could find themselves relegated back to the Segunda Division. What is most frustrating about this is that it would be at no fault of their own. Real Decreto stipulates that every club must have a capital equal to 25 percent of the expenses (average) of all teams in the Segunda Division, with the two sides with the biggest output and the two with the smallest not included. It's a simple means of ensuring the financial viability of Spain's professional sides, but it's also on a scale incomparable to the modest expenditures and means of SD Eibar. At the moment, the club's capital sits just above 422,000 euros. Based on the stipulations of Real Decreto, the club would have to raise that to 2,146,525 euros to meet the standards that other clubs have created with their financial practices. Other clubs, that unlike SD Eibar, are in serious debt, mirroring the country's economic downfall, collapsing industry and abysmal unemployment numbers. Simply put, the club need to raise 1,724,242 euros by the beginning of the next La Liga campaign. In August, club members will be able to buy shares at 50 euros a piece, and shortly thereafter, sales will open to the public. That's a lot of money for a town of 27,ooo in a nation crippled by a poor economy.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Argentina will be switching to a 30-team league in 2015, and thus there will be a transition tournament this fall where no team will be relegated. If it sounds bizarre, that's because it is.

Par for the course, sadly. Argentina is so corrupt that it makes Mexico look like Austria.

These arrived Saturday, hoping to finish one before the WC. It's going to be tough, the WC edition of the Blizzard should be here shortly as well.

9fH71uQ.jpg

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Waiting for the DONE DEAL William Carvalho stuff to die down. I'm not as up to date on Portugal. I think Garay is going to Zenit, and ofc Lim looks like he's going to bring Rodrigo to Valencia (Will be cool to see him and Alcacer together with Bernat and Feghs bombing up the wings) and maybe Andre Almeida as well. Porto I'm not sure yet, Mangala is rumored everywhere and Fernando is supposedly 1 foot in City's door. Jackson Martinez may be on the way out too. Sporting have lost their coach. But like Atletico they're probably going to all bounce back quick. Benfica won all 3 domestic titles this year, but they're already out Matic and losing 3 more guys could be a big hit. Remains to be seen if others like Gaitan and Perez leave too, they've been awesome this year. Markovic will surely stay another year or two, he's going to be a stud and Benfica will get big cash for him.

Snorky's Shame

Waiting for the DONE DEAL William Carvalho stuff to die down. I'm not as up to date on Portugal. I think Garay is going to Zenit, and ofc Lim looks like he's going to bring Rodrigo to Valencia (Will be cool to see him and Alcacer together with Bernat and Feghs bombing up the wings) and maybe Andre Almeida as well. Porto I'm not sure yet, Mangala is rumored everywhere and Fernando is supposedly 1 foot in City's door. Jackson Martinez may be on the way out too. Sporting have lost their coach. But like Atletico they're probably going to all bounce back quick. Benfica won all 3 domestic titles this year, but they're already out Matic and losing 3 more guys could be a big hit. Remains to be seen if others like Gaitan and Perez leave too, they've been awesome this year. Markovic will surely stay another year or two, he's going to be a stud and Benfica will get big cash for him.

Isn't Boavista back in the league this year as the league goes to 18 teams?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Angel Correa from San Lorenzo to Atletico. According to Argentineans he's the best talent to leave the country since Aguero. Wonder who's going to buy him 4 years from now for 50m euros. Also apparently he will play in San Lorenzo's CL games before leaving for Madrid (which makes sense, since Atletico will still have enough forwards available)

http://www.sanlorenzo.com.ar/noticia.php?codigo=914

Also Barca say Alexis is not for sale. (Article also says Barca are interested in two of his compatriots, Vidal and Bravo, but the former is probably not leaving Juve for any price and the latter would just be overkill with ter Stegen)

http://www.marca.com/2014/05/27/futbol/equipos/barcelona/1401201198.html

Snorky's Shame

Pinto wasn't offered a new contract. The plan all along was to get another veteran GK to push ter Stegen.

I would have liked Caballero though.

Chase

Angel Correa from San Lorenzo to Atletico. According to Argentineans he's the best talent to leave the country since Aguero. Wonder who's going to buy him 4 years from now for 50m euros. Also apparently he will play in San Lorenzo's CL games before leaving for Madrid (which makes sense, since Atletico will still have enough forwards available)

Angel Correa is a FIFA gawd. Angel Correa to PSG for $160 million in 3 years. DONE DEAL. I wonder what this does to Oliver Torres.

sois

Rakitic is now on Barca

As a new soccer fan, I don't know if I like this. He is supposed to be on Sevilla. He was their best player.

Chase

I can't tell if this sucks yet or not. How do y'all feel? Sevilla became my second team because of the glory of Rakitic.

$$$$ is all dat matters. Real Madrid and Barcelona play in a 2 team mercenary league.. it's what makes what Atletico did amazing.

c59e072c96d416bc7c8dfa64a445a57f.gif

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
None taken, haha.

Basically how La Liga works is that Barca and Real get their own tv deals, which makes them the two biggest earners in the league by far. So the rest of the teams are debt-ridden and forced to sell players (Valencia getting bought by Lim, a billionaire, may help with that). Most other leagues aren't as so, but even they have their share of big teams nabbing small players.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Negredo. And don't forget Valencia: Silva, Villa, Mata, Alba, Soldado, Pablo Hernandez all in the past, what, 5 years? (that last one may have worked out for the best)

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Grain assault, but would be okay I guess. As long as he doesn't pull a Lamela.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/05/totte...r-bayern-munich-starlet-julian-green-4751624/

Also, Thoir will pay off Inter's debts and invest 200m Euros. I'm guessing a new stadium is going to be in the works shortly as well.

http://www.football-italia.net/50116/thohir-invest-€200m

Guilherme Siquiera joins Atletico for 4 years from Granada (he was on loan to Benfica). A great summer season for them so far, picking up Moya, Siquiera, and Correa.

http://www.marca.com/2014/06/05/futbol/equipos/atletico/1401958621.html

Malaga's owner announces he will leave the club. They don't all work out like City and PSG.

http://www.marca.com/2014/06/06/futbol/equipos/malaga/1402040209.html

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Do not want Green going to the EPL. He has a better shot breaking into the Bayern team than Tottenham's, I'd say. Bayern consistently bring their young players through.

Does Rakitic coming mean that Fabregas is definitely leaving? Really don't want him going to Chelsea.

Snorky's Shame

I don't think he's definitely leaving. Barcelona needed a CM regardless of what happens with Fabregas or Xavi . I think Alex Song is gone though.

NML

Do not want Green going to the EPL. He has a better shot breaking into the Bayern team than Tottenham's, I'd say. Bayern consistently bring their young players through.

I don't necessarily disagree, but what's interesting is that Eriksen was probably Spurs best player this season, and he largely spent it out of position at left mid (Green's position). So, do you hope that Eriksen can continue to produce on the outside, or build the team around your best player in his natural position?

I'm not even sure who Spurs back-up LM is - Townsend?

I think anytime a new manager is making you your first signing, he rates you really highly. He's also buried at Bayern, they have so many talented wingers.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I think there's too much pressure in the EPL (and at Spurs in particular) to win, which means fewer minutes for young players. If he's leaving Bayern for playing time, he should stay in Germany. There are tons of success stories of players leaving Bayern for another German club and then becoming great players. I just think the EPL is too cutthroat for an 18 who is not established.

I also don't really want another American to go into an unstable club and end up fucked in the head like Jozy.

NML

Don't think it's fair to compare Spurs and Sunderland/Hull. Spurs is "unstable" in a very different way.

I don't know much about Pochettino, but I do love his playing style. If he rates Green highly in that system, then I'm all for it. I don't think you make your first signing a guy who you think won't crack the first team right away. Now that I think about, I don't think Eriksen fits on the wings in this system. So even if he's behind Townsend and Lennon, being the third man capable of playing both sides should get him plenty of playing time.

Plus, I'm selfish and want everyone in the EPL so I can watch them

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I just mean that somewhere between 6 and 18 months from now, Spurs will likely be looking for a new manager. Which, if Green hasn't broken through and become one of Spurs best players, he'd probably be riding the pine. If he wants to go somewhere and play, he should go to a Bundesliga team like Koln, Frankfurt, Stuttgart, etc. Maybe not Koln, though, they're pretty unstable. :laughing:.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think regardless of who owns him hd should get a loan to a higher league. Maybe not bundesliga, but anythings better than the 4th division.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Heard that this morning; what a joke. UEFA will bend rules and find loopholes in order to not really punish the big, popular clubs.

That's the way the world works though; not just in soccer.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That shit sounds worse than anything mls has done. 30 teams and "provided local rivalries "