• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2014-15 Club Soccer (UCL, EL, Libertadores, CCL & Domestic Leagues)

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Do you think his job is in jeopardy if Chelsea doesn't win the premier league?

no question mark.

I mean, there's a trophy in the bag already, which is usually the requirement to keep your job with Roman. But, it was an earlier than normal FA Cup exit, earlier than normal UCL exit, and if they don't win the league at this point, it'd be a pretty big choke job. That's a sour taste trifecta. Can one trophy --- and the least prestigious of the four, at that --- offset that disappointment for Roman?

Mou has a special relationship with the Chelsea fanbase, so I think his job would be safe; Roman would have to pause before hitting the eject button on Jose more so than he would with basically any other manager.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
no question mark.

I mean, there's a trophy in the bag already, which is usually the requirement to keep your job with Roman. But, it was an earlier than normal FA Cup exit, earlier than normal UCL exit, and if they don't win the league at this point, it'd be a pretty big choke job. That's a sour taste trifecta. Can one trophy --- and the least prestigious of the four, at that --- offset that disappointment for Roman?

Mou has a special relationship with the Chelsea fanbase, so I think his job would be safe; Roman would have to pause before hitting the eject button on Jose more so than he would with basically any other manager.

Yeah, I think you're probably right. He likely gets another year if he doesn't win the PL. But it's solely because he's Mourinho. Any other coach would (and did!) get the boot.

Also, you sad that Chelsea didn't keep ginger balls? 2 goals against Inter today. I'd bet he'd be really nice to have coming off the bench right now.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Some of the most comical defending I've seen in my life during the VFB- Leverkusen game. Kid of sad to see Stuttgart go down, but it's been coming. Maybe Hamburg should join them.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yep, it's definitely going to be 2-0. And Giroud will probably miss a chance to make it 3-0. Would fit the media narrative perfectly.

tab10

Ugh... Getting directv error 771 on FS1. Tech is coming out tomorrow to re-align dish but that does me no good today.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
7drHiqrb.jpg

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It's okay, though, the sooner Arsenal lose in this competition, the sooner they can focus on qualifying for it next year.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I think Germany or Spain are probably the best at least at the top 5, Wolfsburg's team is better than every team in the PL but Chelsea and maybe City, same with Atletico. Leverkusen/Schalke and Valencia are pretty equivalent to the English 3-4-5 as well. Bayern and Real are on another planet from Chelsea, Dortmund could easily trash City and Barca just did.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It's regression from the English teams, combined with 3 super clubs emerging. That's about it. If the English teams get better and the 3 super clubs regress, they'll have more success.

Snorky's Shame

Chelsea and Manchester City's exits out of the UCL aren't anything to worry about.

Arsenal losing to Monaco, Liverpool failing to get out of an easy group and England's continuing no show in the EL should be of great concern.

I just find the EPL is the best league in the world arguments hilarious right now. Those are usually made by people who don't watch the other major leagues and just repeat what EPL marketing machine says.

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Yeah, if Arsenal could ever get their shit together, they could singlehandedly bridge the gap.

Liverpool and ManU probably won't do a ton in Europe for a bit. They are still going through big transitions. And the rest of the Premier League is crappy. Although, I do think Southampton could do some real damage in Europe with their defense.

But it's not these other leagues are all that great. Spain has a lot of decent teams, but nothing CL worth after the top 3. Italy is complete trash. Germany is similar to Spain. I don't think this is much more than a blip. England is the richest league, so they'll rebound eventually I'd say.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Schalke and Leverkusen almost knocked out the two Madrids, they're legit, and I have high hopes for Wolfsburg if Chelsea keep selling them players

Chelsea and City got absurdly unlucky draws though. If City draws Porto instead they're through. PSG was the best two seed team.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Eh, they go back and forth between putting up a fight and getting killed.

You're right about the draw though. ManCity really need their seed to come up fast.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Schalke will probably good the next two or three years until Meyer, Goretzka, and Draxler leave for Bayern, and the other veteran guys fall off a cliff, as is tradition

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
who is the next man in charge at the Etihad, mijo? @Yankee151
Simeone would be the dream, don't think he leaves Atletico though. Same but even more unlikely for Klopp. Vieira is supposedly too inexperienced but I think he could do okay. Pellers is almost surely out with no hardware to show for and questionable transfer policy, but I don't know if there's that many good candidates available.

My boy Lopes is gonna be my new Jovetic when he comes back, and we'll be bringing back Rekik from PSV. Team just needs to get younger and sign a really big name like Reus or Pogba, Toure needs to go, http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/19/manchester-city-sell-yaya-toure-clearout-youth etc.

bruin

What's this with Vieira possibly leaving? Renew his contract pls.

Simeone is my dream hire, dos. Swooooon.

Team is going to have a complete overhaul. Thanks for the memories, Yaya/

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Simeone would be the dream, don't think he leaves Atletico though. Same but even more unlikely for Klopp. Vieira is supposedly too inexperienced but I think he could do okay. Pellers is almost surely out with no hardware to show for and questionable transfer policy, but I don't know if there's that many good candidates available.

My boy Lopes is gonna be my new Jovetic when he comes back, and we'll be bringing back Rekik from PSV. Team just needs to get younger and sign a really big name like Reus or Pogba, Toure needs to go, http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/mar/19/manchester-city-sell-yaya-toure-clearout-youth etc.

What about Klopp? He'll probably be more available than Simeone.

Snorky's Shame

Paris - Barcelona
Atletico - Madrid
Porto - Bayern
Juventus - Monaco

You have to be fucking kidding me. Paris again?

Sevilla - Zenit
Dnipro - Brugge
Dynamo Kyiv - Fiorentina
Wolfsburg - Napoli

Two good ties, two meh ties.

Teams left in Europe for coefficient purposes.

4 - Spain
3 - Italy
2 - France, Germany, Ukraine
1 - Belgium, Portugal, Russia

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Pencil Juve and Bayern into the semis. No way Juve loses to Monaco.

Wolfsburg - Napoli looks pretty good.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Paris - Barcelona
Atletico - Madrid
Porto - Bayern
Juventus - Monaco

You have to be fucking kidding me. Paris again?

Sevilla - Zenit
Dnipro - Brugge
Dynamo Kyiv - Fiorentina
Wolfsburg - Napoli

Two good ties, two meh ties.

Teams left in Europe for coefficient purposes.

4 - Spain
3 - Italy
2 - France, Germany, Ukraine
1 - Belgium, Portugal, Russia

No Zlatan for the first leg.

Snorky's Shame

Yeah, Juventus should be favored. No Pogba but they should get Pirlo back. They look to be the next superclub since I don't see anyone challenging them for at least five years in Serie A. It's going to be like Bayern and Paris.

I think Wolfsburg should handle Napoli right now. Good Napoli might come back in three weeks but with Benitez looking gone at the end of the year, I doubt it.