• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020-21 Corches Trebuchet

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Why did Buffalo have to lose last night?????

I don't like this hire but I'll support him until he's unsupportable. Think this move was made because Whitman though BB had the highest floor and we have decent talent.

Isaiah Williams, our best recruit in years, prob thinking about transferring right now because unless BB runs different from his Wisconsin/Ark days he is not a fit at QB.

Ander1345

Lmao wow that is awful. Illinois keeps staying in the basement for a reason

You're not wrong, but Bielema has the highest floor of all the realisric candidates.

I think Whitman had concerns about recruiting with regards to Leipold. Sure he wins but with scheme and development, which is what Lovie was trying too. Also our last MAC hire was Tim Beckman.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
You're not wrong, but Bielema has the highest floor of all the realisric candidates.

I think Whitman had concerns about recruiting with regards to Leipold. Sure he wins but with scheme and development, which is what Lovie was trying too. Also our last MAC hire was Tim Beckman.

Hes winning at fucking SUNY-Buffalo. You know how bad HS Football is in New York. I don’t think recruiting would be a problem. Sounds like a BS excuse to me.

Ander1345

Hes winning at fucking SUNY-Buffalo. You know how bad HS Football is in New York. I don’t think recruiting would be a problem. Sounds like a BS excuse to me.

Well I'm just speculating. Whitman is very familiar with Leipold from his UWW days.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Is BERT really some CROOT guy? I don’t really pay attention to recruiting because I’m not a loser, but it’s my understanding that Chryst is recruiting way better than him at Wisconsin anyway. Even if he is, it didn’t do him any favors at Arkansas, which is an easier place to recruit to than Illinois. His biggest accomplishment is maintaining Wisconsin, where even Gary Andersen could win 10 games and the division.

To me, comparing Lovie to Leipold is an awful comparison to me. Lovie was a washed up NASHNUL guy who ran outdated schemes and it showed. Leipold is winning at the college level right now. At fucking Buffalo, as we’ve all emphasized. If they really didn’t hire him because he lost last night to a solid Ball State team or because he’s in the MAC and Beckman was in the MAC (he won more than Lovie anyway?)...um, wow. I guess that explains why they hired Lovie over guys like PJ Fleck and Matt Campbell lol.

It doesn’t help that BERT is a huge fucking trog and asshole who rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Tolerating his nonsense gets pretty old if you aren’t winning at Wisconsin rates, which he won’t do at Illinois.

I mean, we’ll see, weird hires work out all the time, but it looks pretty damn bad unless Leipold and a bunch of other corches turned them down. If they wanted a CROOTS CLICK guy, then hire Scheelhaase. If this is the same AD that hired Lovie, I have to assume he stopped watching football in 2009. “Let’s hire the Bears guy, he’s pretty good!” “Wow, we can get the Wisconsin guy, that’s a home run!”

bruin

Is BERT really some CROOT guys I don’t really pay attention to recruiting because I’m not a loser, but it’s my understanding that Chryst is recruiting way better than him at Wisconsin anyway. Even if he is, it didn’t do him any favors at Arkansas, which is an easier place to recruit to than Illinois. His biggest accomplishment is maintaining Wisconsin, where even Gary Andersen could win 10 games and the division.

To me, comparing Lovie to Leipold is an awful comparison to me. Lovie was a washed up NASHNUL guy who ran outdated schemes and it showed. Leipold is winning at the college level right now. At fucking Buffalo, as we’ve all emphasized. If they really didn’t hire him because he lost last night to a solid Ball State team or because he’s in the MAC and Beckman was in the MAC (he won more than Lovie anyway?)...um, wow. I guess that explains why they hired Lovie over guys like PJ Fleck and Matt Campbell lol.

It doesn’t help that BERT is a huge fucking trog and asshole who rubs a lot of people the wrong way. Tolerating his nonsense gets pretty old if you aren’t winning at Wisconsin rates, which he won’t do at Illinois.

I mean, we’ll see, weird hires work out all the time, but it looks pretty damn bad unless Leipold and a bunch of other corches turned them down. If they wanted a CROOTS CLICK guy, then hire Scheelhaase. If this is the same AD that hired Lovie, I have to assume he stopped watching football in 2009. “Let’s hire the Bears guy, he’s pretty good!” “Wow, we can get the Wisconsin guy, that’s a home run!”

Lightningwar

Administrator
Bert to Illinois is the funniest news all year. I wonder what his wife has to say when they get beat by Indiana and Purdue?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I mean...all barn is paying 20 million to Gus and then 10 million to Boise and then they gotta pay Harsin??? Lawd son. No pressure.

gilstein21

I mean...all barn is paying 20 million to Gus and then 10 million to Boise and then they gotta pay Harsin??? Lawd son. No pressure.
Isn’t his boise buyout only $250k? But, yes boosters pay the buyouts. One booster in particular supposedly guaranteed the buyout when Gus got his unwarranted raise/extension a few years ago. Not sure how much of it that guy absorbed though.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
JEDD getting a HC coaching job to bring in a NASHNUL boring ass offense to U of A? :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Rest of the Pac-12 rejoices.

Harsin is such a bizarre hire. I think he's a decent coach but zero ties to SEC. You think Harsin is going to be able to compete with Saban, Jimbo, whatever corpse is HC at LSU?