• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020-21 Corches Trebuchet

Lightningwar

Administrator
i mean take all of the alcoholism and other shit away from sarkisian and it is still a real wtf hire. no clue why they keep firing people to get someone who gives no indication he will do any better based on past results.

They hired Sark because he once smelled a Nick Saban fart.

bruin

i mean take all of the alcoholism and other shit away from sarkisian and it is still a real wtf hire. no clue why they keep firing people to get someone who gives no indication he will do any better based on past results.

I mean, Clay Helton has a better track record than Sark with way less baggage. What do recovering alcoholics do when faced with pressure? Clearly the biggest wtf hire for a blue blood program in decades.

Lightningwar

Administrator
This Herman guy might be the luckiest asshoe ever. He up there with Tyrone Willingham, Brady Hoke, and my main man Charlie Weis on the “why does these obvious bums keep getting jerbs” list.

Willie Taggart says hold my beer. A single 10 win season at USF for a sub .500 career coach parlayed into 40+ million in compensation from Oregon and FSU. At least Herman has a winning past. And being fired after going 7-3 and crushing in the bowl game is just Texas being Texas.

Last edited:

Renegade

Charge on!
Willie Taggart says hold my beer. A single 10 win season at USF for a sub .500 career coach parlayed into 40+ million in compensation from Oregon and FSU. At least Herman has a winning past. And being fired after going 7-3 and crushing in the bowl game is just Texas being Texas.

Yeah, I’m not sure why Herman is being mentioned in the same company as Hoke, Graham, Willingham, etc. He crushed it at Houston and has been winning at the same clip as everyone else at Texas including a solid COVID year. I think Boise ought to go after him.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Herman is a victim of the completely delusional standards of the boosters and, to a somewhat lesser extent, fanbase. I’ve said this before. Go look at Texas’s last 50 years. Outside the Mack Brown years, it’s not remotely the top 3 program they think it is.

And yeah, in theory it should be. But in theory Maryland and UCLA should be dominant programs and they suck.

Brick

herman firing and subsequent hiring of sark is the biggest head scratcher i can think of. neither move makes sense.

i knew texas under strong was bad but had no idea 3 losing records. HERMano 22-13 in league and had 4 bowl wins including a NY6 bowl.

Brick

and we don't even know if herman is just ok? he is 45 and had only been a HC for two years. insane

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The only one that is arguably worse is Auburn and I can kind of get that one because Gus has been there for so long and they kind of seemed to be stagnating. That one is more that the hiring was bad

Brick

without GUS auburn definitely doesn't have an MNC and close to two, doesn't beat bama a bunch of times. it was almost just a meme GUS ON DA HOT SEAT LOL got him fired.

harsin inherited a perfect progrum and we have no idea how good a corch he is.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The other thing is that Sark’s best work is building up a complete disaster into a respectable program at UDub. Herman already did that work at Texas. Now he has to build them into a contender and when he was faced with almost the exact same situation at SC, he was terrible. Though of course you could ask how much of that was the alcoholism

bruin

Kiffin getting fired at the tarmac and Sark supposedly getting caught with vodka and Gatorade in his cup in Corvallis during a game were some good times, my bros.

Helton is just a guy. He can be courtside at a Lakers game and the camera will pan to the lead singer of Sugar Ray instead.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Yeah, I’m not sure why Herman is being mentioned in the same company as Hoke, Graham, Willingham, etc. He crushed it at Houston and has been winning at the same clip as everyone else at Texas including a solid COVID year. I think Boise ought to go after him.

I’m trying to keep this dying vine alive herMANos. Ur right that Herman isn’t in the same class as bums like Hoke and Willingham or Willie “where are we again” Taggart.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Why are we putting Todd Graham in this territory, doe? He was really good at Tulsa and solid at ASU. He correctly saw GUS was wasted at Arky. Those offenses at Tulsa were bonkers.

Willingham has got to be one of the worst corches of all time. Of course they put him on the COMMITTEE

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Why are we putting Todd Graham in this territory, doe? He was really good at Tulsa and solid at ASU. He correctly saw GUS was wasted at Arky. Those offenses at Tulsa were bonkers.

Willingham has got to be one of the worst corches of all time. Of course they put him on the COMMITTEE

Wasn't about his success, just about how shitty he seems to be.

Lightningwar

Administrator
and we don't even know if herman is just ok? he is 45 and had only been a HC for two years. insane

For what he was handed I dont think he has done that bad a job. A NY6 bowl in year two. Last year they had some injury issues and under performed. I'd say they underperformed this year as well. But still went 7-3 in COVID. And then the bowl game where you saw the potential. That QB Robinson was exactly the type Hermans offense needed. Just lit it up second half. Then to fire and hire Sark. Their biggest complaint was QB development. The last decent QB they had was Colt McCoy until Herman developed Ehlinger and potentially Robinson. So that doesnt even pass the sniff test. Must had been something behind the scenes where Herman and boosters didnt get along.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Herman is a victim of the completely delusional standards of the boosters and, to a somewhat lesser extent, fanbase. I’ve said this before. Go look at Texas’s last 50 years. Outside the Mack Brown years, it’s not remotely the top 3 program they think it is.

And yeah, in theory it should be. But in theory Maryland and UCLA should be dominant programs and they suck.

Why should Maryland theoretically be dominant?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
They are in a pretty fertile recruiting area. Virginia, PA and Bmore area. All I can think of. They’ve always been pretty shit though.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Why should Maryland theoretically be dominant?

What @Southpaw said and they also had a ton of benefits of having the Under Armour CEO being an alum. It was supposed to be an Oregon/Nike situation, but they never capitalized on it and now UA is fucked. Here's an article on it: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/26/...do-for-maryland-what-nike-did-for-oregon.html

Difference is that doesn't work too well when you hire guys like Edsall and LOX LOX LOX LOX rather than Bellotti and CHIP. As evidenced by programs like Texas, you can't just throw money at a team with shitty corching and no culture and expect results.

Go look at all the reasoning for why they hired LOX LOX LOX LOX. Cause they thought he'd lock down the region and get tons of talented CROOTS. Of course that isn't true because he sucks and he also sucks at corching, but if they got someone that could actually do that, they would be loaded.

They were also in the weakest division in one of the weakest P5/BCS AQ/whatever conferences. Now they're going to get killed by OSU/PSU/UM for eternity.

2001-03 Maryland with @TonyGin&Juice doppelganger FRIDGE is a perfect example of how good they could be.

Last edited: