• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

2020-21 Corches Trebuchet

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Isn’t his boise buyout only $250k? But, yes boosters pay the buyouts. One booster in particular supposedly guaranteed the buyout when Gus got his unwarranted raise/extension a few years ago. Not sure how much of it that guy absorbed though.
Article I read said 8.4 million but it could have been wrong.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Lovie needs to retire

It's kind of irrelevant now because he's gone, but Lovie is such an asshole in his own way. Could never give a shit about Illinois recruits, never felt like he owed anyone an explanation.

Our ESD had ZERO kids from Illinois. 0/14.

Lovie was all "I think I can I think I can" Little Engine That Could and that just doesn't cut it.

Brick

it's uncanny how bad all of these corches who have that label or something similar attributed to them usually turn out. WELL RESPECTED IN NASHNUL CIRCLES

Craig7835

It's kind of irrelevant now because he's gone, but Lovie is such an asshole in his own way. Could never give a shit about Illinois recruits, never felt like he owed anyone an explanation.

Our ESD had ZERO kids from Illinois. 0/14.

Lovie was all "I think I can I think I can" Little Engine That Could and that just doesn't cut it.

Lovie is an asshole. I remember when he was coaching the Bears in his last season. This was during the time a shitload of offensive coordinators were in demand & instead of him hiring a decent one ,he promoted Mike Tice from offensive line coach to offensive coordinator & when someone from the Chicago media asked why he didn't hire the coordinator Cutler wanted, Lovie went off by telling the reporter "I AIN'T GOT TIME TO BE HIRING SOMEONE NEW TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW!!!! WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!!!!"

Bears fired his ass after finishing 10-6 that season

Last edited:

Ander1345

Lovie is an asshole. I remember when he was coaching the Bears in his last season. This was during the time a shitload of offensive coordinators were in demand & instead of him hiring a decent one ,he promoted Mike Tice from offensive line coach to offensive coordinator & when someone from the Chicago media asked why he didn't he hire the coordinator Cutler wanted, Lovie went off by telling the reporter "I AIN'T GOT TIME TO BE HIRING SOMEONE NEW TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW!!!! WHAT YOU SEE IS WHAT YOU GET!!!!"

Bears fired his ass after finishing 10-6 that season

Similar energy

Ander1345

Illinois hires Tony Peterson as OC. Prerfy disappointing considering Bielema asked and got a larger pool for assistants. Will make 750k up from 200 at App St. I've been pretty disappointed with the hires I was actually excited for so maybe this will be the inverse.

Craig7835

Worst App State offense in years despite returning a ton of starters? Lol BERT strikes again

Petersen spent the 2020 season as offensive coordinator and quarterbacks coach at Appalachian State, when the Mountaineers finished 9-3 overall with a 56-28 victory in the Myrtle Beach Bowl over North Texas on December 21. App State averaged 452 yards in total offense (26th in Football Bowl Subdivision), including 264.9 rushing yards (7th in FBS)

A homerun hire indeed

Craig7835

Illinois hires Tony Peterson as OC. Pretty disappointing considering Bielema asked and got a larger pool for assistants. Will make 750k up from 200 at App St. I've been pretty disappointed with the hires I was actually excited for so maybe this will be the inverse.

From what I read, he hired him based from this:

Petersen, 54, Petersen has directed offenses during his 30-year college coaching career at Marshall, Minnesota, Louisiana Tech, East Carolina and Appalachian State. However, it is a three-year period that Bielema references that led him to give Petersen this opportunity at Illinois.
From 2000-2006, Petersen worked under Minnesota head coach Glenn Mason as the co-offensive coordinator and passing game coordinator but was not the Gophers offensive play-caller. During his time working with the Minnesota passing attack, Petersen’s quarterback (Bryan Cupito) set the school's all-time career passing yardage mark of 7,446. During those seven seasons in Minneapolis, Bielema’s Wisconsin defenses had to face Petersen’s passing attack from 2004-2006 (04-05 with Bielema as a defensive coordinator and 2006 with Bielema as the Badgers head coach).

Lightningwar

Administrator
Find out if it was Glenn or Peterson who was the brains behind that offense. Which I thought was one of the most fun to watch during that time period. Mason just never figured out the defensive side of the ball. Top 5 offense, bottom 5 defense and 7-5 here we go!

Craig7835

Find out if it was Glenn or Peterson who was the brains behind that offense. Which I thought was one of the most fun to watch during that time period. Mason just never figured out the defensive side of the ball. Top 5 offense, bottom 5 defense and 7-5 here we go!

It was VERY fun to watch. I recall one game in which they did some nice looking version of Black 41 Flash Reverse Pass that was pretty cool

Ander1345

I think Bielema is interested in what we can do with the run game. Isaiah Williams rushed for 192 yards in his first start vs Rutgers this year, breaking single game rushing yards for QB(previously set by Isiah Williams ironically). Doubt he will be lighting the world on fire with his arm. Only passed for 108 yds I think in the same game.

So obviously this doesn't account for Peters returning or the transfer portal, but IW is the best athlete we've had in years and the only reason we got him is cuz we committed to him playing QB when no one else would.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
He was a MIAMI MAN with JEDD and is now the run game coordinator with Seattle, the worst aspect of their offense lol

Brick

oh for a second there i forgot they hired JEDD in the first place. this garb progrum. dickrod had a good thing goin'!

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
TERRITORIAL CUP is now a showdown between JEDD and HERM

tumblr_lowtd8Dfvz1qhktja.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Lol Texas gonna Texas

That is a really bad job for Sark. Not necessarily football wise or anything like that, but an alcoholic who struggled with a high profile job going to the most stressful place in CFB...

Ander1345

Probably the best for both parties. A guy with noted issues and one of the highest profile jobs can't be a good mix at this time.

I actually thought Sark would be a good fit for Illinois. Not a insane amount of pressure to win until year 4 or 5 or whatever they gave Lovie.

Lol at Texas

bruin

Lol Texas gonna Texas

That is a really bad job for Sark. Not necessarily football wise or anything like that, but an alcoholic who struggled with a high profile job going to the most stressful place in CFB...

Exactly. USC boosters are something, but then they just back to their 3 mil summer homes on the Newport Coast. Texas boosters gonna be analyzing his posture on his weekly tv show.

You’re going to go head to head with LINCOLN with Sark!?

Good luck. - Lucius Fox voice

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Corching market weak af if nobody trying to hire Freeze. Auburn gets Harsin and Texas gets Sark? Just keep Pruitt another year then. I’d rather not have Doug Marrone