• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 9 presented by Buffalo Wild Wings

Wolfman21

This is why State's mediocrity pisses me off. It literally would take just a tiny bit of consistency to be a contender. This league is shit

you're comparing the ACC Atlantic to the ACC Coastal. Thats apples and oranges.

nonetheless, most teams struggle with consistency. the ones that don't are the ones that compete for championships. There are only a select few that do that.

Wooly

you're comparing the ACC Atlantic to the ACC Coastal. Thats apples and oranges.

nonetheless, most teams struggle with consistency. the ones that don't are the ones that compete for championships. There are only a select few that do that.
Very true.

It's the expectations that are off, not the play for most teams.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Lol gotta keep Furd in the title race I guess. Fuck the Pac-12, same shit with Oregon last year

Soonerfan09

Should Temple fall out of the top 25?

Also, not sure how they overturned the pick 6 by WSU so quickly. I woulda let the play stand.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Do we even have any fucking georgia fans left? I can't even talk shit

Holy fuck tho that is the softest UGA team I have ever seen.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Duke got screwed. I'll also say that what Cutcliffe has done at Duke is better than what spurrier ever did.

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
But seriously I had no idea they could review and overturn penalties.

I don't know what the story is on the review.

There was a block in the back, but I don't think it's the one they called and the defender was actually blocked right into the ball carrier (who had just thrown the ball).

The one they actually called a block in the back was a legal block.

I could swear I'd seen those calls reviewed before, but IDK. And I don't care.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Not even taking into account how they review and change a penalty, the guy was clearly down with the ball. That crew and replay ref should all be fired. Total incompetence.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Lol fuck off with the pushoff talk. Furd has been raping the Wazzu receivers all game.

GuyIncognito

I don't think that picture shows either that his knee is down or that he still has possession of the ball, and the ref is 3 feet away looking right at it.

And, like I said. I don't care. The refs raped us all game long, to the tune of 200 yards. And they owe us a national title. And fuck Duke.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
That is not a clear picture at all. There is a pic that clearly shows him being down with the ball still in his hand tho.

The question is...if it's that clear that he was down and there's no time left..can it be overturned after the fact? Or does the original call have to stand regardless?

GuyIncognito

And while we're at it, Miami had about 30 players on the field by the time Elder scored, including Rashawn Scott who had his helmet off and almost beat Elder to the endzone.

GuyIncognito

That is not a clear picture at all. There is a pic that clearly shows him being down with the ball still in his hand tho.

The question is...if it's that clear that he was down and there's no time left..can it be overturned after the fact? Or does the original call have to stand regardless?

You mean could they have called him down in the review? Yes. In fact the ref came back from both reviews (which took 10 goddamn minutes) and said the player's knee wasn't down. He never said which player, but Walton is the only candidate.

Or do you mean can they go back and change it now?

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
You mean could they have called him down in the review? Yes. In fact the ref came back from both reviews (which took 10 goddamn minutes) and said the player's knee wasn't down. He never said which player, but Walton is the only candidate.

Or do you mean can they go back and change it now?
I mean like now. League reviews after the fact. Is that even possible?

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator

Only 6 penalties are reviewable.

• Forward pass beyond the neutral zone (12-3-2-c)
  • Forward pass after change of possession (12-3-2-d)
  • Illegal kicking beyond the neutral zone (12-3-4-b)
  • Blocking on an onside kick before the ball goes ten yards (12-3-4-e)
  • Number of players on the field when the ball is live (12-3-5-a)
  • Targeting (12-3-5-f, which isn't listed in 12-3-6 but is specifically reviewable under Rule 12 more generally)

GuyIncognito

But like I said, it's not clear to me they blew the call. Walton had the ball in one outstretched hand, so it's going to be hard for a still-shot to prove that he was down and in possession of the ball. I've watched the video about a dozen times (and will about 20 more before I go to bed tonight), and it looks 50/50 to me.

There is a plain-as-day block in the back on the play, but I don't think it's the one they actually called. The one they called was a legal block. And the actual block in the back didn't affect the play.

So whatevs. Give up 200 penalty yards and have the other team bitching about the refs. Duke, man.

mcnoles

Here is another picture with better view.

CSsgowbUkAAvd80.jpg

GuyIncognito

Everyone always cares about Miami. Go look at the non-Miami people polluting our thread.

Anyway, the ref also doesn't say the pick up of the block in the back flag is a byproduct of the review. They don't even announce the penalty until long after the score, they may have just picked it up the old fashioned way.

GuyIncognito

These pictures all have the same problem, like I said: the ball is touching his hand, but that's not the same as being in possession of the ball. If the ball is coming out of the hand as the knee touches, it's a live ball.

You can't show that with a still image. It's not physically possible.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
Your eyes are way worse looking at football videos as opposed to police shooting videos.

GuyIncognito

Your eyes are way worse looking at football videos as opposed to police shooting videos.

Naw, it's the same thing. A bunch of privileged private school snobs trying to pull one over on a bunch of poor black kids.

FWIW, if I thought he was down, I still wouldn't give a shit. 194 yards in bullshit penalties. I don't want to hear about the refs from fucking Duke.

GuyIncognito

And again, I already admitted there are two plain-as-day penalties on the play: there is a blatant block in the back at the Miami 15 yard line (that isn't the one they called), and Miami had dozens of players on the field during the play.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
I just don't like seeing a good guy like Cutcliffe get screwed. Why couldn't it be Dabo?

And we are tom bout duke football not hoops. Fuck duke isn't applicable.

GuyIncognito

Again, I just said there are two obvious penalties on the play, so I don't need to justify anything.

Walton is a 50/50 play (that can't physically be shown by a still image anyway), and as best I can tell the refs picked up the block in the back call (rather than reviewing it).

But there is a block in the back on the play that wasn't called and we had far too many men on the field by the end of the play. So if you want to bitch about the refs, bitch about those non-calls.

But we got hosed repeatedly on Duke's last series and all game long, so whatever.