• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 9 presented by Buffalo Wild Wings

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
popovich-thumbs-up-o.gif

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Unfortunately, the main driving force of the media with respect to the playoff (ESPN) is pretty much against the Big 12 being a solid conference.

So I think we get screwed, the champ will likely have one loss. I am feeling good about the TCU game this Sat if some of our injured guys (Kevin Peterson, one of the best CB's in Big 12; Jimmy Bean, solid DE opposite Ogbah; Ashton Lampkin very solid CB opp Kevin Peterson) are good to go. If not, it'll be a shootout.

Brick

no chance.

unless this year has a ending like in '07, but still
That means Bama wins the SEC and LSU is 11-1 with their only loss being @ Bama. LSU would certainly be at the top of the one loss pecking order. The committee isn't going to honor conference champions, no matter how much lip service they may give that. Think one loss Stanford or Clemson or Michigan State or Big XII champ is getting in over them? Nah, b. Maybe Notre Dame just because of the name brand. Ohio State would be. But LSU ain't getting left out with the probable Heisman winner and a single loss to Bama unless there are undefeated teams ahead of them.

Remember, there was only one undefeated team last year. I think that is likely the same scenario this year, if not zero undefeated teams.

Not so much of a long shot scenario, since LSU closes with Arkansas, @ Ole Miss, Texas A&M. We aren't too far away.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
Agreed with borck. If the winner of bama/LSU wins out (likely) then the loser gets in unless there's 3 undefeated conf champs.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
What happened to the Notre Dame thread, other than losing to Clemson?

http://gawker.com/report-notre-dame-tutor-forced-student-athletes-to-hav-1739976349

The tutor would orchestrate “sexually and racially motivated” trysts at hotel rooms between the student and her daughter, the Daily News reports, and afterwards ask him about the “nature, frequency, and quality of the sexual activities.” Also, the lawsuit claims, the tutor would make “racially-charged comments about his sexual prowess and genitalia.”

Brick

Agreed with borck. If the winner of bama/LSU wins out (likely) then the loser gets in unless there's 3 undefeated conf champs.
I think it has to be LSU losing Saturday. Alabama won't get in with two losses unless there is complete carnage. Which is very possible.

adchester

A-1 From Day 1
Can we talk about the fact that Iowa is highly likely to go undefeated? Jesus Christ. @ Indiana, vs Minnesota, vs Purdue, @ Nebraska left.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Can we talk about the fact that Iowa is highly likely to go undefeated? Jesus Christ. @ Indiana, vs Minnesota, vs Purdue, @ Nebraska left.

They avoided Michigan, Michigan State, Ohio State, and Penn State in conference (i.e., the best 4 teams in the Big Ten East, and possibly the four best teams in the Big Ten). Thanks Delaney!

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Iowa gonna get smacked in the B1G Conference Championship and then the Orange Bowl when they finally have to play really competition.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
The B1G divisions are fucking terrible. "Hey, that MSU-OSU shampship game was great! Let's never do that again!"

Brick

14 teams is too many. Can't wait until the stupid "BIG XII SHOULD HAVE A CONFERENCE SHAMPSHIP GAME" debate.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
14 teams is too many. Can't wait until the stupid "BIG XII SHOULD HAVE A CONFERENCE SHAMPSHIP GAME" debate.

Conference was perfect (minus the dumbass divisions) with 12 teams. Nebraska was such a great addition. Now, Michigan seems them about once every 6 years or something. Michigan and Wisconsin haven't played for 4 years, and they don't play until 2017. It's fucking awful, especially with only 8 conference games.

Lightningwar

Administrator
If LSU loses but wins out they wont be in the CFP without a lot of help. Their resume is not that impressive to overtake a one loss champion. Just don't see it happening. That said, I am fully expecting Ole Piss will win out and keep Bama out of the SEEEEEEEEEEEEECCCCCCCC championship, get a rematch of UF and beat them. Then let the fireworks begin as the SECCCCCCCCCCCCCCC champion doesn't make it into the CFP due to 2 losses. Nothing will get an expansion moving quicker than the SECCCCCCCCCC and one loss Bama being left out. Or better 2 loss SECCCCCCCCCCCCCC champion is left out but 1 loss Bama gets in.

Brick

If LSU loses but wins out they wont be in the CFP without a lot of help. Their resume is not that impressive to overtake a one loss champion. Just don't see it happening.
Come on, we have the talking points already:
  • Only loss is to Alabama on the road
  • Once in a generation/Heisman running back
  • Does TCU/Baylor/Clemson really have the TALENT of LSU?
  • We should be putting in teams that can win it all, not splitting hairs on schedule
  • SEC West is STILL the best division in college football
Nothing else would be discussed. Even though Syracuse sucks, that would give them a pass in OOC scheduling to that beaver looking committee chair guy.

Only teams that have trump cards are Notre Dame (injuries/tradishun) and Ohio State (defending champs). I really don't think other one loss champs will get in over them.

Renegade

Charge on!
An Ohio State spokesman said that J.T. Barrett's summer aid is what has been taken away, not his fall or spring tuition.

Urban gonna Urban. In other words, the punishment for a DUI is that he gets to go home and enjoy the summer.

Southpaw

Fuckface
Utopia Moderator
What about the Leaders and Legends? Gayest shit in all of college football? How does anyone even know what division anyone is in? I couldn't tell you which team is in which.

1 like = 1 prayer.

bruin

LSU isn't getting in the playoff without winning the SEC West.

Playoff committee don[t want to deal with a 2012 BCS title game redux.