• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 4: Has Nortuh Dame Been the most impressive team THUS FAR (playoffz?)

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Over the next few years it looks like there will be far more quality running backs entering the pro game compared to quarterbacks: I wonder if that changes how NFL teams try to play offense?

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: It's still the NFL, so no. They'll just complain about the RBs not being taught properly in college.

PSUEagle

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: It's still the NFL, so no. They'll just complain about the RBs not being taught properly in college.

I mean will teams stop throwing the ball so much when they don't have Luck/Rodgers/etc.

Think it would be interesting if a team tried to run a misdirection based, run oriented offense. I'm talking traps, influence schemes, double dive, etc. Probably not because FANTASY FOOTBALL doh.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I mean will teams stop throwing the ball so much when they don't have Luck/Rodgers/etc.

Think it would be interesting if a team tried to run a misdirection based, run oriented offense. I'm talking traps, influence schemes, double dive, etc. Probably not because FANTASY FOOTBALL doh.

Every team wants to throw the ball 35+ times a game. Blake fucking Bortles has 73 attempts through 2 games. They've all seen how good an offense in the NFL will be with an elite QB like that and want to emulate that. A running style like that could definitely work in the NFL, but it won't put up 30 points a game.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Notre Dame is playing UMass? Dafuq?

I guess that leaves USC and UCLA as the only FBS schools that have never played FCS/Div I-AA opponents in footbaw.

Brick

any time someone keeps insisting an offense or defense is the best in the conference, they prolly are not convinced hisselfs.

is ohio states new fight song seven nation army? fuckin a. big ten get rid of it like everyone else.

Bama

Defense has been ravaged by injuries and suspensions/defections...these were all projected starters from what was already a young defense:

LB Sammy Douglas - out for year
LB Mike Freeze - left team for personal reasons
DE James McFarland - Likely out for year
DT Mike Tuaua - Out indefinitely
CB Ranthony Texada - Out for year
DT Davion Pierson - Missed first 3 games with injury
DE Terrell Lathan - Left last game with injury
S Kenny Iloka - Out for year

Tech is extremely pissed about what happened last year (82-27) and finally has a healthy QB and some continuity. The line is ridiculous IMO. TCU may end up winning but I doubt it'll be by more than a TD.

TTU on pace for about ~650 yards right now. Without a miscommunication on a snap that led to a safety, Tech would be dominating.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
wPJvI2L.jpg