• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Week 4: Has Nortuh Dame Been the most impressive team THUS FAR (playoffz?)

Brick

looks like the pac-12 will have the only ranked matchups? light week in that regard. some undefeated matchups, however.

this year is looking pretty nuts so far. i bet a two loss team makes the playoffs. really outside of that one half by ohio state against vt, no team has looked close to dominant. i think that's fair. there isn't a team out there i'd be confident saying is definitely in the playoffs. ohio state has even been shaky. michigan state has the best win, but their offense is not looking good enough to run the table, nor has their defense dominated. sec is wide open.

edit: ole miss has the best win. their talent level is great, but not sure i trust that qb or run game. really hard schedule as well.

ucla @ zona: wilson almost has 500 rushing yards already, and soloman (utopia's favorite qb) is rocking a 10/0 ratio. pretty huge game in the pac-12 south. i have zero faith in mazzone, and rosen has really struggled (2/6 ratio) the past two games.

utah @ oregon: utes will try their best to win ugly. ol' four yards per carry (devonte booker) will see if he can keep oregon's offense off the field. vernon adams should be back from his finger injury. should be a fairly easy, if not ugly win for oregon.

lsu @ syracuse (wat?): syracuse has only allowed 140 total rushing yards on 92 carries this year (1.52 YPC). i bet leonard fournette will have 100 yards by the half. syracuse is at least undefeated? the carrier dome is a weird place. just strange game here.

tcu @ texas tech: any doubt ttu will be able to move the ball a little bit? this one could be interesting. tcu hasn't looked as strong as last year so far. they just gave up 508 yards and 37 points at home. maybe they wake up this week.

Last edited:

PSUEagle

tcu @ texas tech: any doubt ttu will be able to move the ball a little bit? this one could be interesting. tcu hasn't looked as strong as last year so far. they just gave up 508 yards and 37 points at home. maybe they wake up this week.

Pretty sure TCU's playing a lot of young guys on defense this season: that's probably their issue there more than anything psychological/motivational IMO.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Soloman is terrible but I'm worried about Zona's run game. UCLA's run D didn't look great against BYU (though I didn't watch most of the game). Rosen needs to step up this week. I think he's 2/4 the last 2 weeks though? DickRod is winless against UCLA.

I'm so shocked Arkansas and SC were overrated.

Brick

i watched most of the ucla game. the run defense was fine. they kept everything in front of them at least. pass defense on third down was horrid, but byu's qb was looking pretty studly.

waiting for soloman to pass 70% with a 4/1 ratio and be slammed on here for one mistake.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I just noticed they gave up 130 or whatever to BYU's running back and I didn't recall him doing anything special the first two weeks so Wilson concerns me.

Offense needs to step up really, having almost 300 rushing yards and only 24 points is bad.

Brick

Gameday is going to Arizona, @BearDownUofA. I expect a sign with a still of the BYU nut punch, alongside the Chris Paul Award of Toolery. Make it happen.

bruin

Considering we lost Kenny Young on the first series of the game for targeting, I was pleased with the rush d. With the loss of Vanderdoes, we're seeing a lot more 4-3.

very soft pass coverage tho. Mangum was on fire on third down. Trip to Provo next year will be fun.

Mora owns Rich Rod.
66-10
31-26
17-7

Bruins under Mora tend to shut down shifty backs like Wilson. Struggle more against the bigger backs like Booker, Stanford RB's, Freeman, etc..

If I'm Bradley I stack the box and make Soloman beat you. Match up one on one outside. Or have Myles Jack spy Soloman.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator

Bielema is the perfect coach for Arkansas. A giant, boisterous douchenozzle that has no self-awareness, talks endless shit, and then whines when he can't back it up.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
i watched most of the ucla game. the run defense was fine. they kept everything in front of them at least. pass defense on third down was horrid, but byu's qb was looking pretty studly.

Wat? I didn't watch all of the second half, but he didn't have a completed pass over 10 yards until the second quarter. 5.2 YPA, too. That's not that great.

bjc

Butt Naked Wonda
Oklahoma State looking to go 4-0 against Texas this weekend. I think we dominate, our defense is very legit and our offense is okay.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
That Missouri/UConn 9-6 game, lol

Frank-Beamer-0-0.jpg

Brick

Missouri: also ranked, in both polls.

On the strength of that win, and 27-20 over Arkansas State, apparently. USC beat Arkansas State 55-6.

Bama

Pretty sure TCU's playing a lot of young guys on defense this season: that's probably their issue there more than anything psychological/motivational IMO.

Defense has been ravaged by injuries and suspensions/defections...these were all projected starters from what was already a young defense:

LB Sammy Douglas - out for year
LB Mike Freeze - left team for personal reasons
DE James McFarland - Likely out for year
DT Mike Tuaua - Out indefinitely
CB Ranthony Texada - Out for year
DT Davion Pierson - Missed first 3 games with injury
DE Terrell Lathan - Left last game with injury
S Kenny Iloka - Out for year

Tech is extremely pissed about what happened last year (82-27) and finally has a healthy QB and some continuity. The line is ridiculous IMO. TCU may end up winning but I doubt it'll be by more than a TD.

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Thank god for the Pac 12 night games, because this week looks terrible outside of that. That 1:30 slate of games is just god-awful.

Bdub

Utah playing Oregon on Fox and BYU playing Michigan on ABC. You would think football in Utah suddenly became relevant.

bruin

ugh.

can't say enough what Myles means to this defense. Guy basically has played OLB, MLB, DB (pwnd Nelson Agholor last season) S, Nickel DB..

monster in the redzone at the RB position.

fuu.

bruin

Stanford could be in for a little hangover tomorrow night.

Recently their record after the SC game is concerning and weird things happen on Thurs/Fri nights in Corvallis.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Doubtful. Oregon State is really bad. Although if Hogan does his Hogan stuff, then maybe Oregon State could win?

Realistically, Stanford should be able to never pass and beat Oregon State.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Michigan only threw 11 times (including one INT :emo:) in the second half against Oregon State and won the second half 18-0.

bruin

You'd think that even if Hogan doesn't play (gametime decision) Stanford should run away with this one.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Oregon State had negative yards after the first quarter against Michigan. Granted, that's including a -40 yard play on a long snap to no one, but the point remains. Oregon State's offense is really bad.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Oregon State is really bad, probably the worst shape in the conference. It'll take a few years for Andersen to get going.

CJ_24

It's kind of interesting that Burt and Gary are floundering after leaving Wisconsin for, at best, side ways moves.

I know Anderson is just starting to rebuild and burt is a functional retard, but the point remains.