• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Season Wars -- Peder Strikes Back

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We used to do a long sim when we started the offseason earlier. We haven't done the long sim in a while though because the offseason is shorter. The first ST sim is essentially our long sim now.

@osick87 try to holler on here if you are simming early.

Reactions: doh

osick87

Community Liaison
I simmed at my normal time. I thought I did the Wu Li trade but mustve missed something.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Oh it is my fault for not paying attention, I usually look for minor league release guys and I didn't this year for some reason. I still blame @Bdub for releasing him.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Mules are broke. No money to sign anyone

Don't go stealing my genius idea of blowing your team up and trading away GOATs for Justin Smoaks and Henry Rodriguezs (the shitty pitcher for the Nats, not the former Cubs OFer) in a misguided attempt to build the WBL version of the 2011 Texas Rangers.

NML

Do you have a password on your account? Do you have auto manage minor roster signing/releases on?

Those answers would go a long way in figuring it out.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Bdub probably hasn't even fucking logged in since he took over, so I'm sure he's technically correct. My point is it happened on HIS WATCH and I'll be damned if I'll bow down! BDUB DID IT! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE.

Wolfman21

My first thought was that auto manage rosters is turned on. If you look at when hernandez was released, it's the day after the guys we drafted were placed on rosters. That's the only plausible thing

Bdub

My first thought was that auto manage rosters is turned on. If you look at when hernandez was released, it's the day after the guys we drafted were placed on rosters. That's the only plausible thing
I specifically turned that off. If it's on someone else did it.

Wolfman21

I specifically turned that off. If it's on someone else did it.

Then I have no idea. Someone with a greater knowledge of minor league roster moves than I will have to get with u on that. I've never fooled with auto roster and my minors rosters have never been overcrowded

NML

Who is this guy who was signed?

He was a good defensive OF, don't remember exactly who. I put a minor league offer in but I think wolfman offered a pretty big bonus.

He's not that great, tbh. Limited bat. I just needed a AAA CF.

Wolfman21

He was a good defensive OF, don't remember exactly who. I put a minor league offer in but I think wolfman offered a pretty big bonus.

He's not that great, tbh. Limited bat. I just needed a AAA CF.

If he reaches his OSA ratings he'd be a top half of league CF

NML

See attached - looks like either you or the computer cleaned up the minors @Bdub

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    145.6 KB · Views: 10

NML

If he reaches his OSA ratings he'd be a top half of league CF

That's reaching a bit. Even his full potential is an average or slightly below average bat. He could improve his CF rating, but it's only 65 now. I don't think an average bat and + glove would be top half.

Wolfman21

That's reaching a bit. Even his full potential is an average or slightly below average bat. He could improve his CF rating, but it's only 65 now. I don't think an average bat and + glove would be top half.

Go look at the CF position strength list and get back with me. He'd be in the Eric Hughes range which would be top half. CF with 55/55/40/45/55 bat and 70/80/65 defense is definitely top half

NML

You obviously are happy you got him, so congrats, but I think you're also overestimating him. I just went through the south's CF and other than Miami, I'm not sure he'd be better than any of them. He's close with FB and Buffalo, but the rest are better.

He's got a good glove and his bat could suffice, but I don't think he'll ever be in the top half of the position in the league. Could be a role/stop-gap player though.

Last edited:

NML

I also think you might be overestimating him because of the league's current weakness at CF. That probably won't be the case forever though.

For comparison's sake, his glove is basically identical to Carrillo, but Carrillo has a MUCH better bat. But even Carrillo isn't that great (29 WAR over 13 seasons).

Wolfman21

You obviously are happy you got him, so congrats, but I think you're also overestimating him. I just went through the south's CF and other than Miami, I'm not sure he'd be better than any of them. He's close with FB and Buffalo, but the rest are better.

He's got a good glove and his bat could suffice, but I don't think he'll ever be in the top half of the position in the league. Could be a role/stop-gap player though.

The league has always been weak at CF. It, SS and C are the 3 toughest positions to find. If he doesn't reach his potential, who cares. I've got like 4 CF prospects. I just say if he does, he'll be top half ratings wise.

Maybe you're seeing different potential ratings than I am. I'm going by OSA here. Also, quite possibly 4 of the top 6 CF reside in the SL. But if you'd take pat smith and wester din over him then I realize why you've never run a seriously contending team in this league.

TonyGin&Juice

Maybe you're seeing different potential ratings than I am. I'm going by OSA here. Also, quite possibly 4 of the top 6 CF reside in the SL. But if you'd take pat smith and wester din over him then I realize why you've never run a seriously contending team in this league.

No bullsheeit this is why I love having @Wolfman21 on this board. I don't know if he's like this IRL or not but if so he's got to be my long lost brother (we sound exactly alike). Yo Wolfman - you a member of the tribe by chance?

For comparison's sake, his glove is basically identical to Carrillo, but Carrillo has a MUCH better bat. But even Carrillo isn't that great (29 WAR over 13 seasons).

Moving Carrillo is going to force me to play the WBL version of a powerless Roger Bernagriffey (Epco Westerduin) at CF (paging @Mr. Radpants) but I got to move his salary and get a few piece for the farm that might help me out when the Manatees become the 2013 Rockies.

TonyGin&Juice

By the way, it looks like someone changed my ticket prices for this year. Is this an auto change setting or did something get fubared? If so, can this be changed?