• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Season Wars -- Peder Strikes Back

Lloyd Carr

I actually bailed on Robles two or three sims ago. I was just talking him up so one of youll would overpay for him.

He's essentially dead to me.

Bailed on his PO. Bailed on a verbal agreement to a contract at the last minute when it was time to make it official. And now he is stalling on making a decision as we head into ST. There goes an entire half of ST that he wont get reps in for whichever team he goes to.

He's proving the type of person he is. I dont want that kind of cancer on my team. Good riddance.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Lloyd pulling an ether here. Please Lloyd don't hurt 'em.

I pulled my offer ($120M) when I decided to blow the team up. Looks like we all screwed Robles.

Lloyd Carr

Just to double check, it is free to add guys to your ST roster today right?

I called up like 5 guys for my ST roster, but I can't afford to pay them. So I am hoping we're in the window where calling them up doesn't count them towards your 40-man and allocate $490K to their salary.

ZackMills

Have mercy
Looks like I'm gonna have some money to blow and I see @Reel's favorite Kim is a FA with a reasonable asking price.

giphy.gif

Hope you like spending the rest of your career in A ball.

Wolfman21

So there is a huge divide on what my scout thinks and what OSA thinks on about every player i signed in IFA. Gonna be interesting to keep track and see who was correct at the end.

Wolfman21

lol, that Juan Hernandez guy who Bdub cut is almost as good of a SS as he is a CF. Gonna give him some time at SS to see if he can learn it. I need a legit SS.

Wolfman21

how can someone sign a player to a pre-arb contract and have their 4th and 5th years salary lower than their 1st, 2nd and 3rd? LOL. Its a negligible difference so i won't call names, just lol

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah if you are going to call someone out just do it so they can learn the rule. I'm guessing it was just oversight.

Wolfman21

well, its pretty negligible, but since i'm told to name names.

@NML, Yardman has $1 Mil for his first three years and then 2 team option years at 900k a piece. you can't do dat

NML

Pre-arbitration extensions must wait until the player has one year of service time

Done

and must at least be equal to the arbitration estimate.

Done

Pre-arbitration contracts have a maximum length of 5 years.

Done

If a player has gone through an arbitration hearing, the buyout of each future arbitration eligible year must be equal to or greater than the amount awarded to the player.

Doesn't apply.

Sorry, maybe I'm not reading something right but I'm still not sure how that contract isn't okay.

Wolfman21

Its against my rules...in a future universe where I am king and make the rules...and can read. Because obviously i can't.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Thanks for quoting that @NML. Found a typo.

I'm really not a fan of the rampant double optioning, but everyone seems ok with it.

I backed off that until the cum dumping debacle of 2053. If cum dumping is allowed then I'm double optioning EVERYONE!!!

I would honestly prefer double option contracts if people aren't sure how long they want to keep a player. Paying a 40% penalty on one of these high value pitchers would be a fair outcome. Dumping them on a dummy who is willing to take a 3rd round pick for that load to the face basically has the potential to fuck the free agent market.

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Robles confused the heck out of me. I had the highest remaining offer on the table for like 4 years, 20 per. Then last sim he asked for 1 year, $23 mil.

I figured the OOTP logic didn't play the one year rebound contract game, but I wasn't positive. Ended up offering him two years high AAV, figuring someone would get him with a 3 year deal. Glad it was Travis, though.

NML

A max to vesting options might be a better way to go. 25 isn't a bad number, but I feel like someone did 30 games for a starter? That's a bit high since you could probably just skip two starts and not qualify.

He's within the 20% increase on the option year though, so it's structured correctly. I think I might prefer if we did 20% of the average salary of the guaranteed years...

Currently, you could jump one year up a lot and then add in one or two option years at a high amount. This is exaggerating, but you could structure it $30m/$2m/$2m/$35m TO/$35m TO with no intention of paying the option years. But a player is seeing $104m/5 years, when in reality it's $34m/3. A $40m/4 year deal with no options is probably the better offer, but I don't think it would ever be accepted.

NML

The one year spikes seem a bit crazy to me too, but I don't know much about baseball so maybe that's common.