• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Season Wars -- Peder Strikes Back

Wolfman21

ahahahhaa. I signed Tony Rosales to a minor league contract. He played in Kabul for 5 seasons. Local Popularity? Unknown.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Can someone explain why guys are on my 40 man that I a) never put on it and b) have DFA? I need to add Wu Li to my 40 man ASAP and I can't because guys are on the 40 man that shouldn't. And, yes, I've checked my settings to make sure the auto-controls are off for the 40 man.

NML

Were the controls on previously? The CPU always adds the most random dudes. And obviously once they're added, they can only be removed by DFA.

TonyGin&Juice

Were the controls on previously? The CPU always adds the most random dudes. And obviously once they're added, they can only be removed by DFA.

I don't think so. The only thing I can figure out is that when I installed OOTP on my Ubuntu machine and set up WBL on it the old control file never got overwritten. I've DFAd the guys that shouldn't have been on the 40 man but they're still there, which is strange. The same thing happened with my ticket prices, but that was before I put OOTP on my Ubuntu machine.

Lloyd Carr

Not sure if my export didn't take or what, but apparently my contract offer didn't go through for Robles. I got lucky that he didn't sign with someone else during last night's sim.

Bumpin that contract up to $200M guaranteed. If you can beat that @TonyGin&Juice , take him.

TonyGin&Juice

So, for some reason there are a bunch of guys on my 40 man roster that shouldn't be there. I want to move them (since they shouldn't be there) but it says I can only move them by putting them on waivers and dfaing them. Not looking to lose these guys so what can I do to get them off of the 40 man without opening them up to waiver wire bandits?

Lloyd Carr

There's no way Robles wanted more when you had him under control than you just bid in your losing offer.

I offered him a solid contract, but either I ran out of FA money when I screwed up arbitration and the AI rejected my deal during the sim when guys (who I sent to Istanbul) got arb deals that I intended to cut, or he was just a bitch and rejected my offer.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
So glad I could make the deal and retain Wan-fu "Little Al" Wei. Tutored by AL WALKER himself at BC and going to be mashing bombs with Rocky and Gonzalez setting him up. My infield is going to be nasty with Paz, Jephson, Gonzalez, Rocky, Blake and Wan-Fu with VON at DH. Tony got a lot of good pieces though, Israel is going to be good, Blanks will be an all-star if not an HoFer, and Arfan and Olarte are both solid pieces.

TonyGin&Juice

I was just telling SkookWolf that I hated parting with the big three (Kievit, Rocky, Turtle) but the reality was there was nothing in the minors, there was little budget left, and the past two drafts were awful so something had to be done. I got a lot of good pieces back to build on but it's going to take another two or three years to put a competitive team on the field. At least now I should have some money to work with in the next draft and IFA market, something I didn't have this year.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So glad I could make the deal and retain Wan-fu "Little Al" Wei. Tutored by AL WALKER himself at BC and going to be mashing bombs with Rocky and Gonzalez setting him up. My infield is going to be nasty with Paz, Jephson, Gonzalez, Rocky, Blake and Wan-Fu with VON at DH. Tony got a lot of good pieces though, Israel is going to be good, Blanks will be an all-star if not an HoFer, and Arfan and Olarte are both solid pieces.
Can you give me Decker back if you arent going to use him?

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
He'll be used this year of course, Wan-Fu isn't ready yet. After that I'm not sure, I might have to extend him just because. Gonna mess around with positions in Spring Training though

Wolfman21

Just looming at OSA ratings I'm a bit underwhelmed at what Tony got in return for his guys but it does give him some prospects. Blanks is a nice piece and ploeg will be a good DH. Israel is a 3B with no power, which is ok if you can supplement that. I'd say gargoyle but his ratings took a dive

Interested to see how this goes. Miami had just come off a rebuild and went to a few world series so it'll be fun watching Tony try to do it again

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
LOL at Wolfman-- Blanks is a "good piece". Guy is going to be a 5+ WAR player.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea I think Blanks is better too. I was hoping to get Turtle without Blanks but when he flew off the board (And Harris did too) I was kinda in a bind and needed to make a move

TonyGin&Juice

Just looming at OSA ratings I'm a bit underwhelmed at what Tony got in return for his guys but it does give him some prospects. Blanks is a nice piece and ploeg will be a good DH. Israel is a 3B with no power, which is ok if you can supplement that. I'd say gargoyle but his ratings took a dive

I'm sure there was a better deal to be made if time wasn't an issue but I decided to just blow the team up and do a rebuild of my own before ST. The fan interest will probably die but I thought that now was the time when I could get max prospect value for the WBL guys I had that would be wasted on the 2054-2057 teams.

Interested to see how this goes. Miami had just come off a rebuild and went to a few world series so it'll be fun watching Tony try to do it again

Now I have some parts that someone else has drafted and started developing. The real challenge is going to be me doing the drafting and developing.

Wolfman21

I'm sure there was a better deal to be made if time wasn't an issue but I decided to just blow the team up and do a rebuild of my own before ST. The fan interest will probably die but I thought that now was the time when I could get max prospect value for the WBL guys I had that would be wasted on the 2054-2057 teams.

Now I have some parts that someone else has drafted and started developing. The real challenge is going to be me doing the drafting and developing.

If you got a plan go for it. I just post my opinion. Sometimes it's wrong.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator

I think Harris saved your fan interest some.

I appreciate you keeping negotiations easy. It didn't even occur to me to include Harris in our deal originally.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Why not keep blanks and just play him?
A year away and Paz is getting old, Herc is on the way out, Seguin declining, etc. Not the end of the world as I have enough young talent but it's a mostly sideways move and the other 3 pieces weren't factoring in to my long term plans anyhow. Gets me ready a year early in exchange for maybe a year on the tail end.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I barely lost on Matson and Cacadion (500k on both), those were my two #1 targets (other then fonkert). I should have dropped out of a few and doubled up more. I lost 5 good players by less than $1M each. :(

Still relatively happy as I got 3 IFs (surely one will pan out?) a couple pitchers, and then Fonkert who looked like the best player to me (at least fielding + bat).

Wolfman21

I barely lost on Matson and Cacadion (500k on both), those were my two #1 targets (other then fonkert). I should have dropped out of a few and doubled up more. I lost 5 good players by less than $1M each. :(

Still relatively happy as I got 3 IFs (surely one will pan out?) a couple pitchers, and then Fonkert who looked like the best player to me (at least fielding + bat).

I Shoulda dropped fonkert and gone straight pitching. I would have racked up all of the pitchers. I was originally gonna offer ouano but decided against it to give other guys a lil more. Was gonna offer him 2.5 so I woulda gotten him atleast. I'm happy as well though. Got the 2 best pitchers, IMO and cao which is a lottery ticket. My scout doesn't like him as much but OSA likes him alot. Those 3 are worth the 30 mil total I spent.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I am unhappy that I knocked my scouting budget to $0 to go big on 5 players I didn't sign. Now I got $37M for fucking Ignatius.