• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Season Wars -- Peder Strikes Back

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
OPENING DAY!

f9tJG1p.gif

Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 8.15.54 PM.png Screen Shot 2015-11-23 at 8.16.03 PM.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Riggers system fell to #7. WOOF. I had a rough offseason for prospects taking big hits on their potential ratings in the eyes of OSA. I'm basically the opposite of @Orlando in that regard. I dialed my dev up to like $18M for this year, so time to buy more roids!

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Will Sam Young have a chip on his shoulder against the team that used him as a trade chip? Has his potential really slipped a little? Will Pendragon bounce back after a slightly regressive year? Will OU even log in to set a 25 man?

The story lines are endless!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm excited the riggers were the worst team in pre season. My youngins got shelled but a bunch of them got some +5 positional upgrades even from 1/3rd time. I'm still trying to figure out the right balance between starter reps and training in spring training, but hopefully I haven't doomed the riggers to a cold start or smashed the morale of my youngins.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I can't wait to get rid of Rafael Juarez, he essentially takes up 2 roster spots by requiring me to keep Douglass Tagg on the 25 man roster to babbysit him. 5 WARS per season is fine and all, but those intangibles mean he's running around acting like an 11 year old when he's in the dugout. I've heard sometimes he even smokes the marijuana.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Did someone change his nickname or did the AI really give him LOATHSOME?

Orlando or Osick changed it for me.

For background info:
Due to injuries he ended up starting most of the 2050 season for me at one place or another in the infield. He was actually my starting 3B during the last month of the 2050 season and then he destroyed Buffalo in the first playoff series by hitting a bunch of doubles every time he got up to the plate. @Lloyd Carr almost killed hisself because of that series. He was basically my version of "0-10" Adams and seeing those Loathsome 40 hitting ratings destroy him made Lloyd so mad.:laughing:

Then in 2051 I replaced him with Juarez (All Star 3B) and demoted TAGG to AAA, thinking this would make my team better since it was the only real change I made. My wife got mad at me for sending DOUGLASS to the minors because DOUGLASS is her favorite player and she gets mad that I call him Loathsome because "he tries so hard." I tell my poor wife all about my WBL team on a daily basis, so she's really in tune with all things in the WBL world. The 2051 WBL team was horrible, but Douglass lead the AAA and AA teams to great success. My wife said "I told you not to demote Douglass Tagg." HMMMMMMMM. So in 2052 I brought him back up and the riggers were a playoff team again.

After extensive statistical analysis, I realized just having Douglass on your team is good for about +13 wins a season.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I can't wait to get rid of Rafael Juarez, he essentially takes up 2 roster spots by requiring me to keep Douglass Tagg on the 25 man roster to babbysit him. 5 WARS per season is fine and all, but those intangibles mean he's running around acting like an 11 year old when he's in the dugout. I've heard sometimes he even smokes the marijuana.

I thought he was Low in every category. I'm assuming he didn't worsen his attitude and that I'm mis-remembering.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well the "problem" is she's a really active/engaged listener, so instead of just getting a glazed over look and saying "uh huh, neat" like I do when I'm not interested in something, she actually participates in the conversation and asks questions. I then take this as license to further expound on everything WBL in great detail and next thing you know our entire dinner conversation was about Douglass Tagg's Zone Rating.

This same phenomenon used to result in her unfortunate looking neckbearded male coworkers at the call center falling in love with her because she was the first girl to ever listen to their World of Warcraft tales. Next thing you know theses troglodytes are showing up on my porch with homemade soup when she called in sick. I bet they were surprised to find the husband of such a kind and caring woman is a complete misanthrope asshole who answers the door in his underwear, holding a shotgun. "Get the fuck off my porch, boy, and FUCK UR SOUP... SOUP FUCKER!" @Irishman

Last edited:

jdlikewhoa

Lol. I think my wife is tired of the WBL and my plantar fasciitis.

This morning she asked, "Do you ever think there will be a day when you're done playing this silly whatever this is game."

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Will Sam Young have a chip on his shoulder against the team that used him as a trade chip? Has his potential really slipped a little? Will Pendragon bounce back after a slightly regressive year? Will OU even log in to set a 25 man?

The story lines are endless!
Completely forgot. I'm sure they'd appreciate it if i did. @osick87 if you dont want to live sim i will. I want to see Sam get shelled

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
CTRL P, taping this to Sam's locker

Reporter - How do you feel about going against the star pitching prospect you traded away in Sam Young on opening day?
GM OU - I feel like bringing up a single A lifer to go against him

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Given that most of us probably haven't set our rosters yet and it is only 5pm best time (I'm not even home from work) you should prolly hold off on that F5 key

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'd have a heart attack :laughing: I spent all weekend with pivot tables making my lineups and I still need to slot in my spring training participants who need to go home to AAA or AA.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Go to rosters and transactions. Drag the pulldown to "active roster." Make sure there are only 25 people on this screen.

osick87

Community Liaison
Turns out that I won't be able to live sim. Cousin is leaving to Australia tomorrow so hanging out with them.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Am working on ma export now. I love these loading screens because I have zero baseball history knowlege and I'm clueless as to why some of them are supposed to be funny and/or interesting.

"What makes a good pinch hitter? I wish to hell I knew!" - Some Dude I've Never Heard Of

From context I assume he was a good pinch hitter who was being self deprecating, but I may never know!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Have exported. LAWD there were a lot of shitheads to wade through. CUT CUT CUT.

In order to make the 25 man roster, Douglass Tagg is now my Backup Catcher. Nothing could go wrong with this, right?