• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Rule Change Thread

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
There are major risks (namely injuries) that are in reel life that aren't in the WBL with those long extensions.

In terms of 10-year deals... it's A-Rod (twice), Pujols, Stanton, Jeter, Tulo and those guys are all super premium players with much higher risk than our guys we are signing. Mostly they were all older than you can sign guys in our game to very long term deals.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah all those deals were definitely after pre-arb, so it doesn't really matter. Basically no reason to go 10 years pre-arb other than to game the system.

doh

Yeah all those deals were definitely after pre-arb, so it doesn't really matter. Basically no reason to go 10 years pre-arb other than to game the system.
Nope-- A-Rod, Pujols, Jeter were FAs. Tulo was technically an extension after arb (but he signed a long one pre-arb). Stanton I think was right as he hit arb.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I could be misinterpreting but I think he is saying nope, there is no other reason other than to game the system.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I hate everyone in this league that didn't say something while I was arguing against this rule revoke in the first place

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I hate everyone in this league that can't write without spinning riddles.

These threads are impossible to follow, I just vote against whatever doh says.

doh

Yeah there is huge risk when you pay them after arb. If I did those deals before arb, both would be making significantly less.

NML

So two changes:

1) 7 year max contracts

2) 5% increase to revenue sharing

Any nay's?

Wooly

So two changes:

1) 7 year max contracts

2) 5% increase to revenue sharing

Any nay's?
I would support this. Anything that creates more player movement is a good idea in my mind. I would even support 5yr max.

NML

One nay to 7 year max. One invalid nay by Madpants

Currently 16-1 pass and 17-0 pass

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Nay to 7 years. Wooly will step the line no matter where you draw it. A 7year version of that deal would actually be less risky. At 10 years, there is a much more significant chance that a large portion of the deal becomes dead money.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I actually don't disagree with your point, but I think the chance is greater the player doesn't become a dead contract and then at least they hit FA at a reasonable age.

Wooly

I actually don't disagree with your point, but I think the chance is greater the player doesn't become a dead contract and then at least they hit FA at a reasonable age.
I think this also helps by decreasing how much you save on a player by making that long contract. With 7yr max you don't get as much end of contract savings, which is the main point of signing a young guy to long term. Of course that assumes the player doesn't die before the 10 years are up too. In the past I have rarely signed players early. I have usually waiting until the end of my team control and decided whether to sign or go to FA. Then again, I rarely bring guys up early either.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I think this also helps by decreasing how much you save on a player by making that long contract. With 7yr max you don't get as much end of contract savings, which is the main point of signing a young guy to long term. Of course that assumes the player doesn't die before the 10 years are up too. In the past I have rarely signed players early. I have usually waiting until the end of my team control and decided whether to sign or go to FA. Then again, I rarely bring guys up early either.
That depends on the player right? Some 33-35 year old players still get 20m

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
waiting on mak to start running my squad so he can take credit for the golden era that's about to start

NML

Don't worry Madpants, just pout about it for another year and I'm sure you can get it changed