• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Rule Change Thread

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
tenor.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
For anyone who thinks there should be pre-arb contracts and the game can handle them: Check out Cesar Perez on Halifax. Leads WBL in WAR and signed a 10/72m deal before he hit arb.

What a total joke.

Wolfman21

For anyone who thinks there should be pre-arb contracts and the game can handle them: Check out Cesar Perez on Halifax. Leads WBL in WAR and signed a 10/72m deal before he hit arb.

What a total joke.

He was what started this entire debate

doh

The debate has been going on a long time so I wouldn't say he started it. Just hilarious seeing that deal for a guy who leads his league by 3+ WAR.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable

What a total joke.

Second year in a row, too.

doh

Here is the other thing-- if you sign a deal that long: deal VOIDED. Not deal amended to shorter. Players will accept less AAV if you tack on more years. Certain players too wouldn't do the deal unless it was 8-9-10 years.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Are we going to limit the SBL to just planets and moons, or will asteroids and dwarf planets be in play as well? Solar System only or Interstellar?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Here is the other thing-- if you sign a deal that long: deal VOIDED. Not deal amended to shorter. Players will accept less AAV if you tack on more years. Certain players too wouldn't do the deal unless it was 8-9-10 years.
Wat

doh

If you sign someone to a 10-year deal:
1) They're willing to sign for less.
2) They're more willing to sign than a 5-6-7 year deal.

It's (again) gaming the system to sign a guy to a 10-year deal knowing it'll go down to 7.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
Doesn't matter now. We set the limit to 7 years. So why're you bringing it up for the umpteenth time?

doh

Doesn't matter now. We set the limit to 7 years. So why're you bringing it up for the umpteenth time?
I was making a point about Cesar Perez leading the league in WAR by 3 and the insanity of his contract. Follow the bouncing ball.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If you sign someone to a 10-year deal:
1) They're willing to sign for less.
2) They're more willing to sign than a 5-6-7 year deal.

It's (again) gaming the system to sign a guy to a 10-year deal knowing it'll go down to 7.
You can't sign 10 year deals anymore. I made Bucky's 7 because it was signed during a period where the deal was legal and then we reevaluated. I don't disagree with your points (AAV isn't always king and total plays a role), but your last statement is not true.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I was making a point about Cesar Perez leading the league in WAR by 3 and the insanity of his contract. Follow the bouncing ball.
He is. You are the one weeks behind the ball. Can you even see the ball anymore?

doh

You can't sign 10 year deals anymore. I made Bucky's 7 because it was signed during a period where the deal was legal and then we reevaluated. I don't disagree with your points (AAV isn't always king and total plays a role), but your last statement is not true.
But how was it legal? I thought at that point pre-arb deals were capped at 5.

I'm just mostly trying to point out the absurdity of pre-arb long-term deals in the game.

doh

All I see is more bitching. But keep doing you, big guy. :thumbsup:
You think it's logical that the best player in the league (who is 26 and his fourth year in the league) is making $3.5m and is set to make $7m/year the next five years?

lulz

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
But how was it legal? I thought at that point pre-arb deals were capped at 5.
They were. Then I dropped all the rules after I tested a bunch of players and found that their deals were fine. Then this one got signed, which I still think is fine, and people lost their shit and wooly and I were nearly beheaded. He even signed for an AAV greater than his highest arb estimate (which was like $6m). From what I remember this was a deal Bucky asked for with no negotiation. I had similar findings of some players asking for long deals at reasonable salaries, but most just wouldn't sign deals longer than a year or two without kicking the value way up.

There are random deals that you lose your shit about doh, but many are just fine and these are more the exception.

Last edited:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yeah I mean I was all pitchforky then I saw it's what Bucky asked for, so Wooly just got lucky (again) that his best player also happens to be very low greed.

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
You think it's logical that the best player in the league (who is 26 and his fourth year in the league) is making $3.5m and is set to make $7m/year the next five years?

lulz

While Juarez wasnt the best in the WBL at the time, I seem to remember signing him on a cheap extension. Then trading him to you a few sims later. Weren't complaining back then on a similar issue. Or have I lost my senility and need to stfu? Heading back to work. Take your comments off the air....

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah I mean I was all pitchforky then I saw it's what Bucky asked for, so Wooly just got lucky (again) that his best player also happens to be very low greed.
He also developed into being great. He wasn't like Ortiz (who just signed 7/90 @ 12.8 per year) or a lot of these ROY types who start out with huge arb numbers. He had an 88 OPS+ the year before last.

Wooly

He was what started this entire debate
Depends on what you mean.

The debate over pre-arb contracts predates my joining the league, and has raged on for years apparently. The rule was changed, and I made Bucky's contract under the changed rule. Then, the rule was changed again to 7 years.

My actions were entirely legal, they adhered to the rules, but they did give fuel to the continued debate. They certainly didn't start the debate.

Last edited:

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
Nobody gives a shit. Didn't the original contract have alternating values? That shit be done now hoe and as luck would have it MIAMI might be getting in the ass again if we can jump NDR this sim. Best pray to ur personal magical underwear g-d we don't get that four seed and pound you again hoe.

Wolfman21

Mars Marsdens.........mascot is a big James Marsden. Logo is a glamourshot of james marsden.

Every saturday after the game, stay and watch one of James' hit movies on the big screen!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Helsingborg Hammers. Swedes think space travel is for the birds.

Swedish space investment is distributed among multiple organizations that operate as stovepipes with no real communication between them and no common ambition.

:laughing:

Last edited:

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Depends on what you mean.

The debate over pre-arb contracts predates my joining the league, and has raged on for years apparently. The rule was changed, and I made Bucky's contract under the changed rule. Then, the rule was changed again to 7 years.

My actions were entirely legal, they adhered to the rules, but they did give fuel to the continued debate. They certainly didn't start the debate.

1245676462_icecream-soccer-fan-kid.gif

doh

My actions were entirely legal, they adhered to the rules
laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif