• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Rule Change Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think all of us are too argued out to make this like the old RC threads. The only one I still see is the DH rule being implemented. Does anybody have a big problem with this? I used to until the crazy subs in the playoffs we see when doing the live sims. These changes happen throughout the season and it might create a more fair match-up in the playoffs to not have to worry about the double switches or whatever you guys see happen.

Anybody still oppose it?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I've been for it. I agree the moronic double switches this game make get nullified.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Any other ideas? I wish there was a way to improve batting talent in the draft, don't think that is available though

doh

Informally just looking at park factors we don't really have many hitters yards. Most in fact are pitchers yards with some places pretty extreme.

doh

I have a hitters park
By my counts… I would go:

Extreme hitters - 1 (DUB)
Hitters - 5 (AMST, BER, FB, KW, MOS)
Nuetral - 2 (BOS, HELS)
Pitchers - 1 (CAI)
Extreme pitchers - 7 (AUS, IST, LV, PC, SEO, SP, TEH)

So by my count 6 hitters vs. 8 pitchers parks. The problem is it's much more pronounced on the pitchers side in terms of extremes.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
My park doesn't even do anything for me. My pitchers have been terrible for some time now (even when not tanking)

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
By my counts… I would go:

Extreme hitters - 1 (DUB)
Hitters - 5 (AMST, BER, FB, KW, MOS)
Nuetral - 2 (BOS, HELS)
Pitchers - 1 (CAI)
Extreme pitchers - 7 (AUS, IST, LV, PC, SEO, SP, TEH)

So by my count 6 hitters vs. 8 pitchers parks. The problem is it's much more pronounced on the pitchers side in terms of extremes.

I see LV on that extreme pitchers park list, want to change? I'm going to bump Tehran, Panama and Sao Paulo's more to the middle in the off-season

doh

I'm fine with my park factors because I've been so used to trying to find players to fit is that it'd be hard to have other numbers.

doh

Where did I cry about it? I was just making an observation about it.

doh

Anyeone else wanna go back to 144 games? It might screw with finances a bit though.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Anyeone else wanna go back to 144 games? It might screw with finances a bit though.

we can't. We'd have to go to like 126 or something, I can't remember specifics but it was either 120s or 156/162 IIRC

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
So are we planning on moving to DH? Might be good to know so people can plan in the offseason.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I was thinking about moving the single A season back a month to start May 1st. That means it will go longer but we don't have to fill out the complete 25 man only to have 15 guys added 18 days later. This also means the picks get a full season there.

Who is opposed?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I was also thinking about something that could be considered cheating the game, wanted to get you'll's thoughts. This isn't something I'm needing to do but new managers taking over AI teams will (@Rutgers Mike). What say you about releasing guys with absolutely awful contracts where you just eat the full salary one year and chance the tank your budget will probably take? I'm not even sure this is possible in 15 anymore, I think it just adds the salary to your player commitments throughout the years, but if it doesn't it is a viable option going forward for some of these teams.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I'm not sure what you are suggesting, but everyone had shitty contracts when we got our teams. I don't think we really need a solution for it.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
In years past if you released a guy his full contract would be added to your expenses that year. So if mike released his awful catcher hed be on the hook for 34M or whatever this year but would be clean later. I think i read something about this not being the case on 15 so it may not even be possible

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
We all started with deals we didn't make. If it's that bad then go with São Paulo.

I don't understand what you are even suggesting though. They just have to pay for one year?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You mean it just made you pay whatever was left on the contract all at once? I thought I remembered paying for multiple years with Madison.

Lloyd Carr

I just tried to release Bly (C on Buffalo) who I just resigned to a 6 year deal. Says the ~$48mil I owe him will be added to my player expenses spread out over the life of the contract (6 years).

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Am addyd up and trying to complicate things as is tradition, its a non starter since it isnt possible anyway.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well you could change the contract and then he could release him. The way it works now in the game makes sense to me though. I thought you weren't letting the CPU sign crazy contracts? Lans was a beast back in the day.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well you could change the contract and then he could release him. The way it works now in the game makes sense to me though. I thought you weren't letting the CPU sign crazy contracts? Lans was a beast back in the day.
I only stopped them last offseason and have no idea when they try to resign guys. I'll just let mike figure it out but some of these deals they have are much worse than what i had to start with so i was just thinking out loud. Or thinking with my fingers whatever. I did have some bad ones but when we started people had space and were willing to take them because they were still good, mike is gonna be hamstrung for a while with lans

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I wish i could limit the length to 4 years for only computer teams on deals. That would solve all the issues i think. We are running out of things to fix in the league haha

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I guess Mike just needs to try the Yankee technique of making Lans ride pine in A ball and hope he declines his PO. I had terrible contracts when we started. The computer signed like 3 1B to $10m+ deals haha.

doh

Yeah IIRC I had to trade 2-3 guys and attach picks (like the one Tankee forgot about)… that's just part of simming this far into the future. It's part of the game. I haven't signed any FAs to longer than one-year deals, haven't extended many guys, etc. so I can have salary flexibility into the future.

The spreading it over the years is new though. I think that's what they do in MLB/NBA (unless you can come up with a settled lump sum figure). Same thing with if college/pro Head Coaches get fired.

My one rule change is a complex one and I'm not sure we can do it: If you are on the 60-man DL you DO NOT get MLB service time. For instance in this game, MR Han on my team has been on the 60-day all year and got service time so next year he will be a Super 2/arb-1 instead of $490k which he should be.

doh

Also: @Rutgers Mike you can save tons of money by DFAing guys on the 40-man you don't use/aren't good. If I were you, I'd just dump: maybe SP Peasnall (he's old and not great at anything), MR Jia, MR Kenny? (old and not really worth arb), MR Quinoes (old, career 3.42 ERA but looks strange and not worth arb if you really want to save $$$, C Mungu (you can find guys like him easy and not have to pay $490k), 2B Cu, SS Paddan, 3B Scheele, SS Ha (maybe a good utility guy but you have a few of them), SS Hudhayfah (same as Ha) , SS Jalil (same as above), LF Ciemens, LF Unknown, RF Medina (he blows chunks).

By my calculations that's about $8-9m in savings easy. Maybe save a couple because you do need to fill out a roster but they're all easily replaceable/don't need to get paid $490k a year to be terrible.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I was thinking about moving the single A season back a month to start May 1st. That means it will go longer but we don't have to fill out the complete 25 man only to have 15 guys added 18 days later. This also means the picks get a full season there.

Who is opposed?
Yes if AA is extended as well