• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Rule Change Thread

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah if you don't mind starting if the league breaks we can do all sorts of crazy ish. We already had our entire retired players database wiped out, so let's just make suggestions with the idea OOTP isn't the most stable creature. If you want to shift everything around and totally manipulate the league I'm game, but if it all goes to hell 3 years after we do it I don't want to hear anyone complain.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
The divisions are arbitrary. They don't mean anything they're just eight random teams together.
We actually made sure they were not arbitrary. We basically added you and OU to the ENE to keep the good rivalries going. The new SL owners have been great too.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Yeah if you don't mind starting if the league breaks we can do all sorts of crazy ish. We already had our entire retired players database wiped out, so let's just make suggestions with the idea OOTP isn't the most stable creature. If you want to shift everything around and totally manipulate the league I'm game, but if it all goes to hell 3 years after we do it I don't want to hear anyone complain.
Relax. I was just making a minor suggestion I thought would be fun.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Relax. I was just making a minor suggestion I thought would be fun.

I'm just saying it isn't a minor suggestion. Okaying S&Ts is a minor suggestion, flipping the league upside down is more of a major one. It is a brittle universe we have going on here, and it could work but I'm saying there is a possibility it all breaks.

I think you're the only one that wants to move though, I'd rather keep the owners I have in the north. I can move you to the south though

doh

Yes my thinking is the off-season is usually long/boring so adding a division draft would be awesome.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I mean that type of stuff is what OOTP is made to do, the problem is the online component complicates things and that asshole Jim.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yes my thinking is the off-season is usually long/boring so adding a division draft would be awesome.
Last offseason was really short and we started drafting earlier. The playoffs just took forever.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Like our off-season is a month and we start drafting day one of the off-season. Idk if we can fit a division draft into that, it would make the off-season longer.

Lloyd Carr

I wouldn't say no to that if doh honestly wanted to switch. I do enjoy being in the South, but I could get on board with taking my talent to the North.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
That's the main reason I'd rather not have him move. Two south reports and no north report? BOOOOOOO

It sounds like neither of you really care to move, but would if made to move. Therefore neither will move right now.

Lloyd Carr

If there is going to be any switch, I'd want the league to be cool with it. I wouldn't want to switch unless everyone/majority were acceptant towards it.

I'm not actively looking to leave the South, as it is getting better with more human managers and less tanking. I also enjoy playing against the Southern guys. But I also like the idea of going up against the North competition on a regular basis too.

I'm fine with it either way, I guess.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well remember that the south will be very strong in a few years, so moving to chase competition isn't a great idea

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
with yankee's stock pile of talent I'd probably want to jump out of the north too if I was down the table some. Next year will be even better than this year. Mike has some talent coming through too IIRC

doh

North is going to stay strong forever though. Gator, OU, Orlando all have very good long term teams.
I am the Rodney Dangerfield of the league… never get any respect. I won 102 or something last year and am in playoff position this year.

Keep up the H8

doh

Doh always wants to move. In the UBL he wanted to leave the west. Doh never happy
Doh wants to dominate every team in the league so that requires changing divisions.

Seriously though I wanted to leave the WNW because by the end it turned into me and 3 CPU teams

doh

Nah that's the overrated ENE. Lando + 3 teams that never won the ship. "Toughest division" my ass.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That division was tough doe. It was basically a mini NL. Richmond and VB were good teams. Madison were kings. Plus Yankee

fignuts

See You Next Wednesday
No love for 'Peake?

DtYqYoO.gif