• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

WBL Rule Change Thread

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
I get what orlando is saying but i still think the 0-250 scale is skewed higher than mlb averages. Well the upper end, like i said earlier the 80 cut off ends at like 180 i think. So there is 70 points of ratings left
You won't see players go above that 180 really though. I think that's to give wiggle room for guys who want to make a robot league or something :laughing: 2020 Super Baseball!

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You won't see players go above that 180 really though. I think that's to give wiggle room for guys who want to make a robot league or something :laughing: 2020 Super Baseball!

You obviously haven't played the game enough. Players go over 180 all of the time

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea I see it happen too. Guarantee if you took the WBL or UBL files and had them show stats over 80 we'd get a few.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Is it all the time or a few? Show me some 250s. Stop arguing with me and sim.

Am simming, no 250s but I've had plenty of 180+ guys. I'm sure there are a few in the WBL too, Mercier has to be around 200

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Merc is 186. Of course some are going to go over, but it's not a regular occurance. Talent is limitless. Follow ur dreams!

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Merc is also 75 power at least according to my scout and OSA. So I'm not sure where the 80 mark is. My point is you aren't going to see guys need the max and that extra point structure is in place because people do all kinds of custom leagues.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator

This is what I was referring to. I bet we have 5-10 players with ratings over 180

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Merc is also 75 power at least according to my scout and OSA. So I'm not sure where the 80 mark is. My point is you aren't going to see guys need the max and that extra point structure is in place because people do all kinds of custom leagues.

180 may not be the exact value, the truth is with scouting variances we'll never know what the range for '75' and '80' is anyways.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Fwiw, my scout shows Mercier at 80 power. He also wasn't really keen on McHeshi, so I take his opinions with a grain assault.

His McHeshi report led to one of the silliest trade offers ever made, lol.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Has anyone else been wondering what realignment could look like? The North is just crazy. I have been trying to come up with an East/West alignment, but you fuckers in the Americas are making it tough.

I've got too much time on my hands this mroing thanks to the red flag on the beach.

NML

I'm biased cuz I'm in da souf - but the north has been really good the last two years, but three years ago the south was boss and the north was trash (KW got 4th in the south, would've won the WC in the north, Australia had 105 wins and Cairo had 90 for the two best records).

In addition, the gap between the two leagues closed this year - ERA went up in the north, down in the south, and south has the better league average offensively.

If it keeps up, we can look at a change, but we are three years into the league, let everything level off a bit.

What's the schedule set-up, btw? Playing tankee more than the south would alter the numbers, as well.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
West
_______
Amsterdam
Berlin
Dublin
Helsingborg
Moscow
Cairo
False Bay
Istanbul

East
______
Seoul
Australia
Kabul
Buenos Aires
Sao Paulo
Las Vegas
Key West
Buffalo

?

NML

Looks like you play errbody in ur division 14 times, other division 8. Six extra against yankee probably helps.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah the leagues will flip and flop. The SL has a ton of young talent coming up soon IIRC too, the north are more old hats.

Lloyd Carr

Where do you go to check out records vs. each team/division. I've found it before, but I can't remember my way there now.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I was going to post that I think it'd be cool if we did a random draw about who is in who's league every year. Or a draft.

Draft idea: Two WS teams get to draft the teams in their league.

The way it's set up now is actually kinda boring IMO.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I can't see any issues with moving teams and leagues around in a game with bugs in it.

Lloyd Carr

Why is it boring?

I've got my interleague rival in OU/Amsterdam, and I've got my intraleague rival in Wolf/Kabul/Tehran.

doh

The divisions are arbitrary. They don't mean anything they're just eight random teams together.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
The divisions are arbitrary. They don't mean anything they're just eight random teams together.

Not quite. We kept a lot of the old hats in the north because of our previous UBL rivalries, and the South were more new guys/guys that picked extremely southern teams.

And there were some teams that moved, made more sense geographically before.

Lloyd Carr

I'm okay with the leagues the way they are. The North is clearly better and has more overall talent, but the South is slowly creeping back into the mix.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
We will go through waves where one will be better than the other. Doh hates it because he is always stuck with good teams. He wanted to leave the WNW in the UBL because BC was too tough, I'm sure I scare him now. I'm going to disperse my talent this off season though so he won't need to worry for long

doh

I'm fine either way I just think it'd be fun to do a draft or randomize divisions or something