• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Warm Butts and Merry-Go-Rounds - Corches Hot Seat/ Coaching Carousel

He was great at in game adjustments and timing. He had a great feel for what plays to run, and when to run particular play. He had a lot of patience and picked his moments.

He was also excellent at keeping guys like Christian Peter and Lawrence Phillips eligible and out of the hoosegow. That was very helpful as well.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Wooly couldn't be more wrong, that's the best part... completely missed out on obvious spiritual succession to Nebraska's running game because it looked a little different. Lmao.

Wooly definitely sports #dadjeans @Irishman

I want you to know that I am doing a little experiment based on our denim discussion the other day. I recently purchased two identical pairs of jeans at Nordstrom Rack. One pair I am going to wear and wash as I normally do and the other I am going to try and avoid ever washing.

I have no idea what I am going to learn, but that is the beauty of being a true explorer, I suppose.

SBNation says Hugh Freeze signed a $4M/year extension at Ole Miss, rather than go to Florida. Amazing how Hugh Freeze has gone from basically nothing to a $4M/year coach. Good work if you can get it.

The funniest part of the article though... apparently Josh McDaniels is the newest rumored candidate for Florida. Yikes.

Mediocre NFL retreads have Pete Carroll to thank for these opportunities. Of course, I think Pete Carroll is the only example of it actually working.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Mediocre NFL retreads have Pete Carroll to thank for these opportunities. Of course, I think Pete Carroll is the only example of it actually working.

There are some coaches at the NFL level I think would be great fits at the college level, but I don't think I would have put Josh McDaniels anywhere near that list.

I'm guessing Florida ends up with McElwain, but not before a dozen agents drop rumors and hints about their guy going to Florida to get them raises at their current school.

Bucksin04

Hoke getting canned today prior to 3 PM meeting with team.

EDIT: Hoke meeting with the AD at noon today.

Last edited:

Brick

I want you to know that I am doing a little experiment based on our denim discussion the other day. I recently purchased two identical pairs of jeans at Nordstrom Rack. One pair I am going to wear and wash as I normally do and the other I am going to try and avoid ever washing.

I have no idea what I am going to learn, but that is the beauty of being a true explorer, I suppose.
we need before and after pics.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Hoke getting canned today prior to 3 PM meeting with team.

EDIT: Hoke meeting with the AD at noon today.

News will probably leak around 1, I'd imagine. Some people are saying it won't be until after the team meeting, but I really doubt that.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It seems that Harbaugh is getting more and more unlikely by the day. I would love to be wrong, but I don't think he's coming. Which is fine - still plenty of candidates out there.

What scares me is some of the other names that are mentioned. Miles would be fine. He'd probably essentially be Lloyd Carr V2.0. But the others, just kill me now. Butch Jones? Greg Schiano? Is this really the best we can come up with? Ugh. I'd rather they'd take a chance on someone like Tom Herman (OSU offensive coordinator) or Bob Stitt (Colorado School of Mines - invented some of the current spread/air raid plays) than hire Greg fucking Schiano. These names are just raising a white flag of let's settle for above average - beat OSU 1 or 2 times every 5 years, win the Big Ten twice a decade.

Honestly, give me Bo Pelini over those guys.

Last edited:

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
It seems that Harbaugh is getting more and more unlikely by the day. I would love to be wrong, but I don't think he's coming. Which is fine - still plenty of candidates out there.

What scares me is some of the other names that are mentioned. Miles would be fine. He'd probably essentially be Lloyd Carr V2.0. But the others, just kill me now. Butch Jones? Greg Schiano? Is this really the best we can come up with? Ugh. I'd rather they'd take a chance on someone like Tom Herman (OSU offensive coordinator) or Bob Stitt (Colorado School of Mines - invented some of the current spread/air raid plays) than hire Greg fucking Schiano. These names are just raising a white flag of let's settle for above average - beat OSU 1 or 2 times every 5 years, win the Big Ten twice a decade.

What about Chuck Martin? Or is one year as Division 1 head corch not a large enough sample size?

I keep thinking Bob Stitt to Nebraska would be about the best thing the Huskers could do. Of course they won't.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Eh, he'd be okay. I'm not exactly enamored with a 2-10 record in the MAC. I'd be concerned about what happens with him when he's not with or following Kelly.

goblue96

Eh, he'd be okay. I'm not exactly enamored with a 2-10 record in the MAC. I'd be concerned about what happens with him when he's not with or following Kelly.

Which so far is a 2-10 record at the dumpster fire known as Miami-OH.

goblue96

You don't want some MACtion?

Why should he leave Whitewater where you go to, at least, the D3 final four for Buffalo where the best you can hope for is some shit bowl like the GMAC Bowl or GoDaddy! Bowl that 4 people give more than zero fucks about.

Bdub

What about Kalani Sitake D coordinator at Utah. Seems like he is likely to draw some interest.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Why should he leave Whitewater where you go to, at least, the D3 final four for Buffalo where the best you can hope for is some shit bowl like the GMAC Bowl or GoDaddy! Bowl that 4 people give more than zero fucks about.
He doesn't have to stay there forever. Get them to a bowl game or 2 and then maybe he can make the leap to the American. I guess he could stay at Whitewater his whole life doe

He doesn't have to stay there forever. Get them to a bowl game or 2 and then maybe he can make the leap to the American. I guess he could stay at Whitewater his whole life doe

He can make something of it, I guess. Turner Gill managed to and then went to Kansas and promptly failed in spectacular fashion.

But Buffalo has to be one of the bottom 10 jobs in FBS, all things considered.

Renegade

Charge on!
I mean, Buffalo made a bowl last year at 8-5, and had their AD not jumped the gun and fired Jeff Quinn, they're probably bowl eligible again this year. There's a decent base there to win some MAC games and get a midlevel B1G job.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
I keep thinking Bob Stitt to Nebraska would be about the best thing the Huskers could do. Of course they won't.

Oh god my insides got tingly at the very idea of it. Bob Stitt would be amazing to have here.

Of course, most idiot Nebraska fans would be like, "run the danged bawl what is this forward pass and spread formation bullshit, this ain't how Tom Osbern did it".

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Florida's AD is apparently in Fort Collins right now. Probably just taking in the sights, like the New Belgium brewery, the oval, and, uh... the weird railroad tracks through the middle of town?

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Sounds like there is a CSU team meeting scheduled, at least according to a player and the world wide webz.