• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Warm Butts and Merry-Go-Rounds - Corches Hot Seat/ Coaching Carousel

GuyIncognito

pressure cooker full of skittles
From what I can tell, it wasn't just a drubbing, it was about as embarrassing a performance as you can put together.

6 turnovers, 4 return TDs surrendered, Mizzou only had 119 yards of offense for God's sake. Driskel was 7 of 19 for 50 yards, 2 INTs, 2 fumbles lost, and 4 sacks.

If Muschamp makes it through the bye week there is something wrong.

Bmack

IRREGULAR HUMAN USER
Mod Alumni
7 of 19 for 50 yards with 2 INTS is the kind of line high school teams with shitty running games would put together in the late 80's and early 90's. I know. I have the articles with box scores. those teams were routinley 2-8 or 3-7.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
From what I can tell, it wasn't just a drubbing, it was about as embarrassing a performance as you can put together.

6 turnovers, 4 return TDs surrendered, Mizzou only had 119 yards of offense for God's sake. Driskel was 7 of 19 for 50 yards, 2 INTs, 2 fumbles lost, and 4 sacks.

Compare this to that Ohio state qb numbers from this week :laughing:

How do I football

R2D2

Weird that Lance Leipold has never been considered for a D-2 or lower D1 school (UMass, Eastern Michigan, etc.) when he's 100-6 at Wisconsin-Whitewater.

Bucksin04

B0UhxnQCAAAJV4N.jpg:large

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Weird that Lance Leipold has never been considered for a D-2 or lower D1 school (UMass, Eastern Michigan, etc.) when he's 100-6 at Wisconsin-Whitewater.

Why would he want one of those jobs? I'm not sure what he makes at Wisky-Whitewater, but is it worth the added stress?

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator

I nearly choked when I heard Rece Davis drop this stat last night, the completely unnecessary bar graph just makes it even better. They should be putting this graphic on posters and distributing them outside the Swamp before the next home game.

Lightningwar

Administrator

I think this is payback for the 2012 season when UF won 12 games being Missouri.

gilstein21

So Lester takes Michigan, Jimbo goes to LSU, and DickRod has his pick of FSU, UF, and possibly Miami if Golden is canned.

Craig7835

7 of 19 for 50 yards with 2 INTS is the kind of line high school teams with shitty running games would put together in the late 80's and early 90's. I know. I have the articles with box scores. those teams were routinley 2-8 or 3-7.

Can someone tell me why is Driskel is even CONSIDERED a QB? This dude is worse than John Brantley.
BTW I would not be surprised if UF throws a bucket of duckets in Gruden's face.

Brick

Wish we could go back in forum time and see all the stupid fuckers who thought flawda deserved to be in the shampship game driskels frosh year.

I wish I flew to Vegas before that Louisville game.

bruin

praying for RichRod to Florida.
1) RichRod in the SEC- Lol. His personality in the SEC- Lol again.
2) BD meltdown would ensue. Epic proportions.

Lightningwar

Administrator
I would laugh my ass off if UF gets Dickrod. I will laugh my ass off even more if UF gets Dickrod and Jimbo offers his good friend Muschamps the DC position. Muschamps is an abortion of a HC. But his defenses are pretty sick.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Why is Jim Harbaugh constantly tied with CFB jobs since he is a successful NFL head coach?

I've always gotten the sense that he kind of hates it in the NFL. He seems like the type of guy that wants to run his program his way and in the NFL you've got owners and management breathing down your neck, egotistical players (and their agents) all trying to pull you different directions. That's not for everyone and he seems more miserable than most. I wouldn't be shocked if Michigan or another major program was able to pry him away.

Of course the flip side is that college coaching isn't for everyone. Some coaches can't recruit, can't connect with kids, can't stand the ass kissing of donors required of a college coach, etc. *Insert picture of Bill Callahan here*

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Head Football Coach Desired (University Of Florida)
compensation: Based on past performance

The state of Florida's flagship university is seeking a Qualified Candidate to develop and implement an exemplary football program while providing leadership on and off the field. This position should be available no later than Midnight Saturday, November 29th, but as soon as early morning Sunday, November 2nd.

QUALIFICATIONS:
- Because UF is a DESTINATION coaching job, applicants must have ALREADY had head coaching experience. This is not a stepping stone job, nor does it offer OJT or other preparation for a job in the NFL or other university in the future. If hired, you must be previously groomed to 1) Win consistently, 2) Stay for more than 4 seasons, and 3) have composure when roaming the sidelines. Composure includes but is not limited to 1) not screaming at players & referees regularly as a result of your own shortcomings, 2) resisting facial expressions suggesting you are ready to commit violent acts on the sideline, 3) not taking personal shots at other fan bases on live tv after barely winning a game you should have lost, and 4) not looking like a deer in the headlights when things go wrong... repeatedly, caused on the field by your own first-teamers.
- To understand, embrace and embody the winning traditions associated with the University Of Florida. This includes winning games against in-conference rivals as well as the women's college (aka the clown college) down the road. Winning every single solitary game is not required (Bear Bryant didn't even win them ALL), but you must post a winning record against your key foes throughout your tenure as Head Football Coach.
- Ability to win games against glorified high schools and junior colleges, aka "cupcakes", especially when the contest is held on the university's own campus.
- To win football games in a manner that is not only acceptable on the scoreboard, but consistently impressive enough to fill a 90k-seat stadium on a regular basis. Must also re-establish The Swamp as a place feared by all opposing football programs.
- Knowledge of the university's alma mater. Will be required to attend EVERY SINGLE post-game tradition of singing the same on the field; ALL members of the football team must also be in attendance and able to recite the same, whether you win your contest or lose.
- If you are a defense-first coach, you must possess the skill-set to resist altering/changing or otherwise undermining/torpedoing the Offensive Coordinator's game plan and philosophy.
- Your offense must be able to score more points than the opposing team's defense. Your offense must be able to score more points than the opposing team's special teams as well. There can never be any confusion whether it's the actual players in uniform instead of drunk cheerleaders/Albert/Alberta.
- Post-game press conferences must not sound identical nor contain the same excuses from one Saturday night to the next. Focus placed on ability to actually implement changes when on-field problems are identified in said conferences.
- Ability to start a quarterback that can discern between Gators players and opposing players when throwing passes. Said quarterback must also never possess any form of lubricant on hands (butter, baby oil, etc) when holding a football during game conditions.
- Must not be a graduate of the University of Georgia.
- Must have clean bill of health and agree to all medical screenings, to include the ruling out of any potential chest pains and esophageal spasms.
- Must be able to control his wife, ensuring she doesn't open her mouth... ever. She's not on the payroll, you will be.
- Must not have the last name of Zook. We tried you out once. Didn't work out. Sorry.

If your last name is Spurrier, you can skip the interview process this time. Seriously. We're sorry. Very sorry. The job is yours. We'll help you pack. Name your price. Please come back.

Send all resumes to:
University of Florida
University Athletic Association
ATTN: Jeremy Foley, AD
PO Box 14485
Gainesville, FL 32604

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Freeman

Im going to float this right now. Jeremy Pruitt to Florida?

I would think no because they have had the defensive guru and that didn't work out. My opinion is they will want to go with an offensive minded HC that can bring in a decent DC.

That being said, I think he gets some looks elsewhere.

Renegade

Charge on!
Saw this morning that Mack Brown may or may not have been offered $4m to corch SMU. Lol.

Old rich white guys think highly of other old rich white guy. Apparently the opinion is that Mack is such a "brand" in Texas, that he will deliver a Top 25 recruiting class to SMU and SMU will hire big $$$ coordinators to coach them. I very much doubt it, but maybe I don't know the full extent of MACK BROWN to get into 4* recruit homes wearing blue and red instead of burnt orange. The old guys think this is the equivalent of hiring Larry Brown in basketball. I really don't think it is; that'd be some guy with major pro success like Jon Gruden.

IMO, they should be calling Chad Morris and Willie Fritz.

gilstein21

ha, i was going to mention the larry brown and basketball thing too. Morris would be good, but he could be gone after a year or two if he does well. Fritz would probably be around a little longer.

Wooly

Isn't it amazing that at the start of the year Kyle Wittingham was on a hot seat, and now Utah is ranked, and tied for first & in control of their own destiny in the Pac 12 title hunt. I am not sold that they are quite equal to that task, but it sure has changed the conversation about the coach. The voices of opposition may still be just below the surface, but they are quiet right now.

Brick

He is the Kirk ferentz of the western half. Not surprising. Media overrates him for no discernable reason.

Bdub

Isn't it amazing that at the start of the year Kyle Wittingham was on a hot seat, and now Utah is ranked, and tied for first & in control of their own destiny in the Pac 12 title hunt. I am not sold that they are quite equal to that task, but it sure has changed the conversation about the coach. The voices of opposition may still be just below the surface, but they are quiet right now.
The team has done well and the defense is legit. However the same problems he has always had are still there. His ultra conservative style lost them the game against Washington state. He still can't figure out how to recruit and develop a good QB and the offense is still horrible.
With this season I am sure he will get an extension and that's fine with me. He isn't the greatest coach ever but he is a good fit for Utah.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I wonder if Jim McElwain will ever leave Colorado State. He's done a pretty damn good job so far.

If he leaves, it will be after this year. They're likely going to win 10 games, possibly 11 if they beat San Jose State this weekend. They need help to make the MWC title game, but they might get there too. He's definitely going to get offers after this year, it's just a matter of whether he'll take it.

I would probably take him at Michigan. His offenses at CSU have been great, and I think they'd work well in the Big Ten. CSU isn't the easiest place to win at, either. Not a lot of talent in Colorado or the surrounding states.

Brick

If he leaves, it will be after this year. They're likely going to win 10 games, possibly 11 if they beat San Jose State this weekend. They need help to make the MWC title game, but they might get there too. He's definitely going to get offers after this year, it's just a matter of whether he'll take it.

I would probably take him at Michigan. His offenses at CSU have been great, and I think they'd work well in the Big Ten. CSU isn't the easiest place to win at, either. Not a lot of talent in Colorado or the surrounding states.
Would he take Dave Baldwin with him doe? Wisky's corch made the mistake of not bringing him along. If it's a package deal I'd be all for it.

Wooly

The team has done well and the defense is legit. However the same problems he has always had are still there. His ultra conservative style lost them the game against Washington state. He still can't figure out how to recruit and develop a good QB and the offense is still horrible.
With this season I am sure he will get an extension and that's fine with me. He isn't the greatest coach ever but he is a good fit for Utah.

That is way too reasonable an outlook for a CFB fan online.

Yeah, the offense makes you think their record has some luck in it, which may not hold out much longer. Whit is a defense first guy, and he may not be the greatest coach, but as you say, he is a good fit for Utah, and he is staying around for as long as they will keep him, and stability is a very undervalued commodity in CFB. Whit knows his state and the talent they produce. Utah produces defensive talent, OL talent, and some TE talent. They don't make a lot of WR or RB talent, or even QB talent. They make a lot of polynesian kids who are better for defense. It pays (at least for now) to play a defensive game if that is where your talent is, since you have to recruit a lot more from CA and around the nation to make an offense work.