• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Warm Butts and Merry-Go-Rounds - Corches Hot Seat/ Coaching Carousel

Lightningwar

Administrator
I dont get why he keeps getting hired in college. He ran ND like an NFL team. Then when all of the starters graduated they had no experience and shit the bed.

gilstein21

he's been a complete failure in college. I could see some new D-2 team giving him a job. Muschamp cost himself his own job when he hired him as OC. That set the offense behind two years easily.

TXHusker05

NCAA Moderator
Weis is still getting paid by Notre Dame until the end of next year and he'll be paid by Kansas for the next 2.5 years. Like $8M total through 2016. That's a lot of powdered donuts.

Kansas should probably just close up shop. Maybe the NCAA will let them field a second basketball team instead.

Brick

Bring back Mangino. Looking back on that run he had for a few years, that was one of the most impressive corching jobs last decade.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
I liked that Kansas team, even though the only decent team they played that year was Mizzou. Chase Daniel ate enough boogers to ensure KU didn't go undefeated.

Brick

Reesing was bawse. I think he made Drew Brees look like a giant. Pretty sure they scored like 10 TDs in consecutive drives against Nebraska or something insane.

bighuskermav

Mod Alumni
Colorado put up 65 points against us that year...Cuntsgrove was the defensive coordinator...any team with a pulse would get 50 points just for showing up. That season was an abortion.

Kansas came right back down to earth the next season (8-5), and they haven't sniffed .500 since. I don't see them being relevant again until Bill Snyder leaves and K-State hires another assclown like Ron Prince to replace him.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They were one win away from playing for the shampship.

Unfortunately, they would've gotten curb stomped by Oklahoma in the Big 12 shampship

LSU playing for the title that year was so ridiculous though

R2D2

Should just hire Mangino back. Boy-balloon.

With Jim Harbaugh going to Michigan, Brady Hoke is available for them.

gilstein21

Charlie-Weis-Motivational-Speaker_medium.gif

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
I'm amazed (and was when he was hired) that Charlie Weis bamboozled the folks at KU to hire him after what he'd done at Notre Dame. Recruiting and player development are the key skills to have as a CFB corch, and Weis was horribly inept at both.

That said, I'm certain that someone, somewhere, will hire him as an OC at least.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Was listening to the CBS college football podcast and they said the Kansas AD used to be at USF, so maybe they go after Leavitt. Guy might have been nuts and only got USF to a certain level, but look at what they've become since he left. Probably deserves another chance.

R2D2

Was listening to the CBS college football podcast and they said the Kansas AD used to be at USF, so maybe they go after Leavitt. Guy might have been nuts and only got USF to a certain level, but look at what they've become since he left. Probably deserves another chance.

I think he coaches in the NFL now doesn't he? I know he's a LB coach for someone.

Bdub

Whittingham will be gone from Utah at the end of the year unless he pulls off a miracle.

Renegade

Charge on!
Troy had been on the decline for a few years. I figured they'd make a change one way or another after they lost at home to a brand new FCS program.

Ander1345

I ain't got friends, I got FamILLy
Beckman is going to be gone. Has to be.

He busted out the "If you take ten plays away it's a different game" at a presser.

You don't say shit like that unless you literally can't find anything positive to say.

I'm so fucking done with this.

Packfan

Administrator
Administrator
Beckman is going to be gone. Has to be.

He busted out the "If you take ten plays away it's a different game" at a presser.

You don't say shit like that unless you literally can't find anything positive to say.

I'm so fucking done with this.

My favorite was "if we win out, we will finish with 9 wins"

Ander1345

Yeah that's comical...

But the whole 10 plays line is deflecting blame. The audacity to say that running the table leaves them 9-3 is kind of like The Room. It's a terrible thing to be, but sort of hilariously cute.

To say that the game would've been different if you to take away 10 plays is a total deflection of blame. It says, "My guys were good for 60 of 70 plays or whatever."

If your don't put your players in a position to make 70 of 70 plays or don't have guys who can(because you are a terrible recruiter), you should just say what you meant Coach.

"I can't do this."

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
They'll beat Oregon State, Colorado, and at least 1 of ASU, USC, Zona. Probably finish 7-5 or 8-4.

Bdub

You guys have more faith than I do. If they get 8 wins it will be a big win the program.

Craig7835

I think Vandy's Derek Mason is gonna be on the hot seat next.He has done some VERY questionable things-like starting 3 QB's in one game-& that massive meltdown against UMass

gilstein21

he's come off clueless in press conferences too, but can Vandy afford to can a HC after one season? And who would they get to replace him? I thought he was a good hire at the time, but bringing in Karl as OC and trying to run that abortion of an offensive system in the SEC at Vandy was never going to work.

Ander1345

I'm fairly certain Vandy would be an attractive destination for any potential hires. If UM fires Hoke they'll still have a lot to choose from.