• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Travis7401's North Dakota riggers Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Make ruff ryda retire as a rigger

I definitely will as long as he doesn't want some absurd contract like > $10M If he's wanting something in the $5-8 M range, his bat against RHP is phenomenal and Dani Rodriguez is the opposite, so I think he'd bring enough value at that price. Platooning 1B isn't my ideal situation, but If I'm getting good production I'll sign him long term.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
SPRING TRAINING SEASON PREVIEW - Outfield

I think this was my area of biggest change in the offseason. Even though I lost Mike Harris and his great bat to a trade, I think I'll actually be improving since he really ended up playing DH for most of last season due to necessity. In the field I should have an upgrade at both corner spots and that will allow me to slide one of last years starters to a depth spot. I've got a youngster coming up to play half of the DH spot and hopefully replace some of Mike Harris' production.

Luis "WAR" Velez - Having coached him in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade footbaw, Mr. Manager was ecstatic to trade for WAR Luis. Extra glad that @ZackMills didn't rake me over the coals to get him, knowing that I was attached to this player. I tried to play him at his natural positions of Middle Linebacker and long snapper, but apparently he projects as more of a left fielder in the WBL. Should provide an upgrade over Lares who played ok here last season. Only signed for this season, so I'll evaluate the future after I see how he plays in a rigger uniform.
18987835874_bc9d91545b_b.jpg

George Miller - the rigger stalwart had another solid season, but his defensive play is starting to drop off as he's aging (and he was never a great defensive CF anyway). I'm cross training him at LF, which I think fits his skillset better, in hopes of adding more value to his rigger future. He'll be a free agent after this season, but I'd like to keep him if he develops enough at LF to convince me he has some future as a depth player. I've got a superb looking young CF in AAA this season who I'd like to bring up to the WBL next year. If Miller wants to be part of the long term plan, he'll merely need to adapt.
18989457223_087a5e2299_b.jpg

Jesse Haswell - I receive him in a roundabout way. Kind of a win/win trade with Orlando in which he dumped some unwanted salary and I took a stop gap in a position of need. Not crazy about his salary compared to his production levels, but I needed some stop-gap help at RF after last year's disaster, and I have the budgetary room for the next couple of seasons to accommodate him. He hopes to exact revenge on the Little Rock Miners @bruin228 who besmirched his good name and referred to him as "cursed." I think this will be the biggest improvement in the riggers compared to last season.

19603434962_e6f910bdb3_b.jpg

Carter Gibson - He's the youngster slated to help replace some of Mike Harris' production from the DH spot. Carter is currently an extremely one sided bat, but it looks like he should crush RHPs if he lives up to his ratings. He might struggle this year, but the way his ratings have popped over the last few seasons, I think he'll be a star in the future. He's a big part of the reason I felt comfortable moving Mike Harris, as I felt they'd end up occupying a similar niche. I'm giving him some RF training in hopes that he can learn to play a couple of positions in a pinch, but mostly he looks like a DH, with some sub duty at LF, for a few seasons.
19610415685_45526bc3ec_b.jpg

For my last outfield spot, I'm considering a couple of players and will evaluate them after spring training.

Solano Lares has the advantage of having played pretty well for me last season and he's got a decent bat to provide some pop off the bench. I'm cross training him at RF and CF to give him a little more versatility, but his fielding ratings are too low to make him ever become a great utility player. For this season, I'm guessing I'll utilize him because I have confidence he can hit well enough as a replacement player
18989456983_d00cc366df_b.jpg

Jesus Lopez - I think Jesus has more of a future with my team than Lares, but he still needs to develop his power a bit more before he becomes the better bat. The nice thing is that he's a better fielder than Lares as well. If he continues to develop well, I envision him as a borderline starter at RF or at least a utility guy who can cover both corner spots. If he plays well in Spring Training I might favor him over Lares, but we'll see. If he's in AAA this season I'll probably play him at CF to increase his versatility even though his range isn't great and he'll never be a starter there.
19422426040_f31d9db0e6_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I think the thing I'm most proud of since taking over the riggers is slowly stockpiling and re-shuffling my team to add quality prospects at each position. Among the prospect list, the only spot I'm rated low is at 2B which is the spot I plan to play Clement Launay long term (He's only 23) and I just signed one of the best IFA players from this class to play there as well! Now I just need to start slowly building up my next generation, so I can have quality young players/utility guys/etc to keep costs low as I have to sign this class long term. I'm looking forward to the 2050 draft class quite a bit for that!

19428763760_c3b2b6158f_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Oh you know I only rank players with the BTT rating system...

Still, when I took over I was near the bottom of the league at both 2B, 3B, and CF when I took over. I've been able to add Tobias Standish, Edgardo Villareal, and Julio Manuel and they all really do look near the top of their respective positions as far as prospects go. With it being like pulling fucking teeth to trade with most people in this league or to land a top level IFA prospect, I consider it a huge win to have been able to upgrade at even those spots. Then I also added about 5 or 6 good starting pitcher prospects, which was neccesary because I only started with 2 real prospects.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'm interested to see how the Harris for Manuel trade works out in the long run, I was pretty unsure about that one. Bobandy + Mole for Villareal +Ramos definitely made sense in my situation, but it looked like it might be a "bad" trade on my part until Mole broke hisself.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
BANT

I'm not sure what happened in this league or in OOTP, people value OSA over their own scouts so even the BANT joke is outdated. When I played heavily offline, my scout was like 300% more accurate than OSA. I know we all have good scouts so not sure what happened there.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Those are all OSA, FWIW. Bant @jdlikewhoa for baking the cookies of discontent.

Based on the multi variable regression analysis I did, my scout was more accurate than the OSA last season. They mostly have the same opinion on players, but where they differ greatly, I find the stats tend to back up the scouts. The only problem I have with my scout is that he has a depressingly negative view on all the draft prospects and IFAs. I'm sure he is more accurate, but I like to let OSA blow a little happy sunshine smoke up my ass, k?

I think most utopians would benefit from tempering their ratings with some stats too. A lot of historically under performing players in the league getting big contracts because of shiny green ratings.

Yankee, how do you play on "stats only?"

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Oh, I gotcha. I thought there was some setting in WBL I could change for myself. I'd prefer to rely more on stats and spend less on scouting. Still, I prefer my scout to the OSA updates because the more regular updates seem to be pretty important to me.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I don't have more than 5 minutes a day for the WBL so I wouldn't do it here even if I could, but it's a nice challenge. Scout is definitely better than OSA but I like to be smug

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I forgot to post my personal goals for the season:

1. Win at least 72 games. Winning begets winning and I'd like to win more games than last season to help boost dat revenue a bit. Not a huge goal, as my first big moves will come in 2051 and 2052 as I prepare to build my budget for the core group.

2. Develop my younger players in the WBL and in AAA. Get the WBL guys enough spot experience so they can be ready for a breakout year in the next few. Get the AAA guys and the utility WBL guys more well rounded experience to help them further improve their extra positions.

3. Continue to learn the game management tricks that will hopefully help me be more competitive once my team developes.

4. Continue to develop and organize the minor league squads to take full advantage of my sperging.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
SPRING TRAINING SEASON PREVIEW - STARTING PITCHERS

Jesse Wiseman - Had a good season last year for the riggers and I really like how his pitching style fits my team. Was a league leader for the fewest HRs/9 innings last season. I've named him the #1 pitcher heading into the season.
19596945645_dca19b0d6c_b.jpg

Wijnand Leenderts also had a decent season last year and fits the team play style similar to how Wiseman does. Overlooked by others for his lack of stuff, he's found a home with the riggers!
18974367084_c68a672610_b.jpg

Helespontico Cicio - Was injured for most of last season, but came on strong for the riggers and helped them during that great run in August.

19570771696_69f173cd27_b.jpg

Kadidou Idogbe - Bound to fall and stab hisself with scissors while running, this troglodyte was the 4th-5th pitcher for the riggers last year and did a serviceable job. He's seen a decent improvement in the off season, so hopefully that translates to the field.
19596945995_06b906c26b_b.jpg

Jose Rivera - A newcomer to the riggers. His ratings aren't phenomenal, but he's got 3 good pitches and he did have a really nice AAA career so I'm banking on him playing a bit above his ratings. I think this is an @OU11 cut? I got rid of Brad Weeks in the offseason and saved some money on this signing, so hopefully he'll be a decent budget option as the #4-5 type pitcher.
19570771236_5de37cff4b_b.jpg

As my roster matures for the playoff run in a couple seasons, I'm probably going to have to either make trades or go big in free agency for at least one or two ace quality pitchers because I'm not sure my current crop of prospects will be ready by then, since the CPU had left the cupboards bare.

All Star Break Review - STARTING PITCHERS

Well, not everything went to plan but overall the starting pitching has been top notch for the riggers this season.

Patrick Rauch started the season as the #1 SP and had a really good run early on, winning 4 games in the first month before slowly dwindling and then falling off a cliff and losing his last 5 games. I think it was a fatigue issue as even with a 6 man rotation he was just never fully rested. He was playing like he had less than 30 stamina, so eventually I moved him to the bullpen and then he immediately got injured and is out for the season. :( Injuries have been really rough for the riggers and I hate to lose Rauch because even though he had a shaky time as a SP, I was confident he'd pitch well from the bullpen when he was well rested. He's got 1 year left on his contract, so hopefully he can play well as a setup guy next season.
20043616226_7212294d8b_b.jpg

Ralph "The Banker" Weinstein is an @Mr. Radpants castoff. He struggled last year in the month of August so I started him in the bullpen this season. I brought him into the starting lineup when I went to a 6 man rotation when Rauch was getting tired. All he's done since then is be arguably the best starting pitcher in the South. I extended his contract into the 2051 and 2052 seasons (team option) at 1.3M/year. Even if he doesn't produce at his current level, I'm confident he will provide value to the riggers somewhere in the starting lineup or bullpen at that price.
19447148534_6bf2c2ddaa_b.jpg

Jesse Wiseman is an @Orlando philanthropic dontation. His 45 Stuff rating is a bit disheartening, but in the riggers stadium and with some stout defensive support, he's played really well. I tried to sign him long term, but he wasn't having it. I'll see what his arb number is and pay him year to year unless it gets too out of hand.
19881700388_3333df47dc_b.jpg

Jose Rivera was a AAA super star for @OU11 but had yet to make a WBL start. He was one of the few promising looking pitchers available for around $1M in the offseason. I took a chance on him and he's really performed well so far this season. He continues the trend of pitchers who couldn't make the "Varsity" teams who are playing very well in "JV" with the riggers. I've been very pleased with his performance for a first year WBL player
19447148194_ecef8c225b_b.jpg

Helespontico Cicio is a bit of a Jekyll/Hyde player so far this season. He had a bad first month and I demoted him to the bullpen where he seemed to thrive. I then promoted him back into the starting lineup and he's currently pitching well. He'll be fighting with Jose Rivera and a couple other players for a spot in the starting lineup next season. Nice that the riggers finally have enough depth at pitcher that I can have some competition for the 4th/5th/6th spots and play the hot hands.
19881700918_72dca92c6d_b.jpg

Kadidou "Trog" Idogbe - @Lloyd Carr sent me this mouthbreather in a trade and he's been very consistently providing about what I'd expect from a 5th or 6th SP. He'll be competing with Jose Rivera, Helespontico Cicio, and a couple of AAA riggers to see if he can earn hisself a spot next season.

20069800805_d6e0743f5d_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Ahhhh, sorry @OU11 I don't know why I thought he was ur AAA star. I think I was confusing him with Haney, who I also put bids in for during FA.

Turns out Rivera was an @Rutgers Mike? system product. Rutgers Mike, the riggers are really appreciative of the development efforts you put into Rivera and we're glad we could give him a WBL home. You are now on the riggers preferred team list, we will cheer for you and give you better trading terms in our shop.

Edit: THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I love finding out what former riggers are up to, I hope you tag me often with these FAs you pick up.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
SPRING TRAINING SEASON PREVIEW - RELIEF PITCHERS

Ralph "The Banker" Weinstein - Played pretty well, other than one abysmal month, last season. Of the returning starting pitchers, he's the one I decided would be most useful in the bullpen. He'll be a long reliever and emergency starter should we encounter injuries or have a SP who just isn't playing well.
19409008828_1b19e2ef61_b.jpg

Esteve Montes - Came over in a trade with Buffalo and @Lloyd Carr last season, was phenomenal for the riggers down the stretch and I'm expecting big things out of him again this season. Relatively unique skill set on the staff. If he plays well again, I'll be signing him long term.

19570841286_8f2cf1bc76_b.jpg

Hoyt Easton - Not my favorite relief pitcher, but he did just enough last season to earn his spot in the lineup again. He'll likely be gone next season with arbitration and some youth moving up.

19570841116_80a5c2e0a8_b.jpg

Daniel Saldana - Was phenomenal last season and I locked him down on a cheap contract through 2054, so he should be around for a few seasons as a LOOGY and setup guy
19570840956_1793844546_b.jpg

Tyrone Massey - Also had a nice season last year and I locked him down on a cheap contract through 2055, so he'll be part of our eventual playoff push as well.

18974434884_06751c66df_b.jpg

Francisco Garcia - He's the next player I plan to lock down long term for my relief staff and I'll be pretty confident in having 3 good/great relief pitchers on reasonable salaries for my playoff push.

19570840686_d8be582d59_b.jpg

Patrick Rauch - He's my closer and I might swing him into starting pitcher duty if one of the stop-gap SPs really struggles. I've got him for the next 2 seasons on a higher contract than I'd like for a RP, so I'll just have to see how he performs and where the team is before deciding long term. Either way, he's around for the next two years and I'm happy about that!
19590091132_2544f44e5f_b.jpg

MID SEASON REVIEW - RELIEF PITCHERS

Wijnand Leenderts Here is something that should make @Mr. Radpants happy! After struggling as a starter, but getting some Tebow like support from the offensive half of the team, eventually LRM destroyed him to the tune of like 10 runs, so I decided to send him to the bullpen, where he's somehow pitched worse. I'm considering throwing him into AAA just so he doesn't have to infect the rest of my team with his ice cold streak. LAWD. I'm hoping he'll turn it around for me in the bullpen because I like having a high movement/control left handed pitcher with good stamina to eat some innings.

19453125633_f57ffcb31f_b.jpg

Hoyt Easton really hasn't played much, by design. He isn't all that great and I've got some better young players that will probably replace him. For the time being he's just some random middle relief guy that the CPU doesn't like to use even though he's set on the same play "normal" settings as the rest of the relief pitchers.
19887419619_21d0837d5b_b.jpg

Juan Garcia was just called up to replace Rauch who went down with an injury. Not the best of my young relief options, but he was playing well in AAA and was already on the 40 man roster, so it made for an easy decision to bring him up.
19886105300_e95fec783d_b.jpg

Tyrone Massey is a guy I signed long term (3 years +2 team options) based on his performance last season. He struggled early in the season and had one monumentally bad game, but he's on a hot streak now and I'm confident he'll pull it together. Love his stamina and ability to eat innings in long relief as well. He's got that classic rigger skill set.

20066195362_e831a6ee45_b.jpg

Daniel Saldana is the other guy I extended long term and he also had kind of a slow start. The pay day complacency? Anyway, he's putting it together again and I expect a good second half from him. 2nd setup guy and Loogy
20074114685_1f423f3977_b.jpg

Francisco Garcia - I've tried several times to sign him long term, but he really doesn't want to sign any deals that extend beyond his arbitration years, no matter what I propose (within reason). I will continue to try to negotiate long term with him, but at worst I'll pay his arb number this year and try again to negotiate next season. He's been my #1 setup guy and he's played extremely well. He's still got room to grow as well!
20074114855_5c48679df4_b.jpg

Esteve Montes - is apparently a South League all star after all. He's been really phenomenal in his time as a rigger. Like Francisco Garcia, he refuses to sign a long term contract and his arb projection is getting a bit on the high side for a relief pitcher. I'd like to lock him down long term, but we shall see what happens. Either way he'll be a rigger for at least a few years! I thank @Lloyd Carr for Esteve and definitely owe him big time. Of course, his closer is also playing extremely well and is a former rigger as well.

20079491151_a9b19d7e5d_b.jpg

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
White guy named Tyrone haha. I thought this was a simulation?

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
It's 50 years in the future, all racial stereotypes are broken and Tyrone is one of the more popular names for whiteys in Indianapolis, Indiana.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
SPRING TRAINING SEASON PREVIEW - CATCHERS

Miguel Rodriguez - was one of the more consistent players for the riggers last season. This might be his last year with the team, depending on arbitration, but I might be able to keep him as a role player going forward, depending on how my youths pan out.

19419643838_5d687e3cc6_b.jpg

Claudio Montes - Has struggled in the WBL so far, but played well in AAA last season. Saw a huge ratings boost in the last year, but still has room to grow in a lot of areas. I decided to put him on the WBL roster this season as he hits well against LHP which is something my team struggles with in general. At worst, he'll probably play DH against LHP but he might play C against LHP depending on how Rodriguez does. Promising future for this guy, but I expect it might take a couple years for him to really start dominating.

18986722373_09b49fe205_b.jpg

Mid Season Review - CATCHERS

Miguel Rodriguez - This was a transition year for the catchers. I was hoping for one more year of good contribution from Rodriguez while I worked the young future star Montes into the fold. Rodriguez was a consistent bat last season, but he's seen a pretty solid drop in his hitting numbers. I've slowly transitioned him out of the starting lineup and into a backup role and he'll probably see less time as the year goes on. He wants $7M on an extension so he will be a free agent after this season.

20074114305_2e02478e65_b.jpg

Claudio Montes - Started off in the lineup against LHP and every 3rd game against RHP. As the season has gone on, I've transitioned him to be the full time starter, with Rodriguez backing him up. He's played really well for a young player and he will see most of the starting action down the stretch. He's the future and I'm really pleased with how he's developed so far, especially after his first two brief stints in the WBL weren't great. He's got a future as the #5 hitter I think.

19451465024_d307845385_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
SPRING TRAINING SEASON PREVIEW - INFIELD

Tamam RUFF Ridha - had a nice season smacking HRs last year. He's in the last year of his contract and I'll probably let him walk if he's expensive. If he's cheap I might keep him around just for the bat! He's very weak against LHP, which I look to help him out with this season.

19581491786_a302237abf_b.jpg

Dani Rodriguez - My youngster who also has a great bat against LHP, so this should work out nicely! He'll play 1B against LHP to start and get rid of RUFF Ridha's glaring weakness. Platooning Catcher/First Base probably isn't the best plan for team versatility, but this is what I've got for the moment. This will be his first season in the WBL, so I anticipate some early struggles, but at least I've got Ruff Ridha there if needed.
18985099034_c569bac865_b.jpg

Clement Launay - I'm not entirely sure where I'm going to play him this season yet, as I'm still considering lineup optimization and want to see how spring training goes for some of my utility guys first. I'm leaning toward playing him at 2B this year or possibly splitting his time between SS and 2B depending on pitcher, as my other SS/2B have weaknesses against one side or the other. During Spring training I'll be playing him at CF (should max about 60-65 at that position by my calcs) so that he becomes one of the leagues ultimate utility players!! I'll be signing him long term soon, I'm thinking probably this season as he'll become one of those super arb cases I believe? I think he's ready to become a very solid player for me for a long time. With his utility in the field (65+ in every single Infield/outfield fielding category), I'll probably try to keep him forever. Having a dude who can play a good SS AND hopefully CF is pretty awesome.

18986721473_32264a4e05_b.jpg

Mulia Kusuma - This is a dude I wish I could have kept in the minors longer, but the CPU brought him up as like a 20 year old before I took over. If I move Launay to 2b then he slots in as my Shortstop this season. I'm giving him work at 2B this spring training so that he can become a more versatile piece of my puzzle.

19419644448_cd20b8b126_b.jpg

Marco Eirosa - This is an interesting player I got from Orlando in a trade for Bobandy last season. My scout likes him a lot more than OSA, and he's done a decent job in the WBL, so I might have something interesting here as a high OBP guy who can bat in the 1 or 2 slot. At worst, he's a stop gap who will give my 3B prospect a couple years to develop until I'm ready for my playoff push. He's a guy who I'd love to add versatility to in order to make him a utility infielder in the long term if my prospect eventually replaces him at 3B. For right now I've got a couple other players who need 2B reps more in the 2050 spring training

19612033581_1b776fcca9_b.jpg

After those 5, I'll have 2 players fighting for my last infield spot through spring training and maybe into the season. I have a couple of players who are heavily one sided with their bats, so it will probably come down to who makes the best platoon and utility option.

Eneas Cezimbra - Basically the same type bat as Eirosa but left handed and not quite as good on defense. He did a decent job last season at 2B but I'd like more versatility/defense if he's going to be a utility option long term. I might drop him to AAA this season and have him play shortstop if I move Launay to 2B.

18986721703_714e217c24_b.jpg

Raul Martinez - Getting him 2B reps during spring training in hopes of making him my utility guy in favor of Cezimbra
19607676575_164e8d8375_b.jpg

MID SEASON REVIEW - INFIELD

Lets start this fuckshit off with the crippling injuries to my best players!

Clement Launay - Was the first rigger down this season, which really sucks. 11 games into the season he was already at +0.7 WAR and was just absolutely destroying everything in his path. Furthermore, he's my most versatile utility player, so having him be the first injury ultra-sucked because he's the backup for pretty much every other position on the field. He's finally going to be back and ready to play this week. I'm going to give him a rehab assignment in AAA for a while and then hopefully he'll be ready to provide the riggers with a spark down the stretch in august/september. He's still going to be my leadoff hitter (love his eye for getting on base and then his running) and utility guy for the future.
20047826486_e1056f6064_b.jpg

Eneas Cezimbra - The greatest difference between OSA ratings and my scout's ratings. CEZ was certainly playing a lot more like my scout predicted than where OSA has him. At the time of his injury, 19 games into the season, he was leading the league in WAR. Obviously he would have slowed down from his lofty numbers, but I still expected him to get on base a lot and then do some real damage because he steals even better than his ratings suggest. At the time of injury he'd already stolen 12 bases and had been caught 0 times. These two injuries really hurt what my middle infield players provided to my offense. His injury was really severe, so he might not even make it back for spring training, lol.
19453123643_ac1b8ba6f9_b.jpg

Tamham RUFF Ridha - Fancies hisself an all star and wants a 7 year long $10M /year contract and now he doesn't hit HRs at near the rate he used to. FUUUU. He was actually hitting poorly enough in the season to be -WAR so I had been giving his backup a lot of playing time. I've been playing him more regularly again as a starter and he's been hitting better recently. Not signing him and he'll be a free agent available for @Mr. Radpants to sign.
19886013458_3d32ab6475_b.jpg

Dani Rodriguez - Started early against LHP and every 3rd game against RHP. Has been hitting more consistently than Tamham Ridha, so he's moved up to starter and has played decently for a rookie despite going through a few cold patches. I'm pretty excited for his future.
19886104080_bb06244972_b.jpg

Mulia Kusuma - I was hoping he'd play well at SS so I could move Clement Launay around as needed to provide depth. I've been really pleased with Launay so far this season and I think he'll only improve in the future. My hope is he'll be a good #2 hitter in the future once he gets his average up a bit.
19453123143_7fc9ea14fe_b.jpg

Marco Eirosa - Currently my 3B and he's been serviceable as a stop gap, but I really need better hitting from this spot in the future. Once Launay comes back I might move Kusuma to 3rd and then play Eirosa as the utility guy. I'd like to get him more experience at 1B and 2B in the coming years so he can cover the whole infield. I'd like to see him get on base more, given his eye, but he's still got room for some growth.
19453122883_8923549440_b.jpg

Now for the FUCKSHIT due to injuries

Brian Tunamelt - When Launay and Cez went down, I traded for him with the benevolent Orlando. His ability to play everywhere in the infield was really important given Launay's injury. Initially he hit extremely well for me and I was really pleased. Then he went on one of the coldest streaks I've ever seen and I basically had remove him as a starter and play him in a utility/backup role... and even there he's been pretty bad. Not only has his hitting been poor, he isn't playing good defense either. LAWD. His ratings suggest he should be hitting much better and playing much better defense.... so hopefully he figures out how to un-fuck hisself because he looks like a really promising utility guy.
19886102600_8f216280c4_b.jpg

Douglas Tagg- This poor over-matched fuck is doing his very best to survive the WBL. At 0.2 WAR I honestly can't ask much more from him. He's a positive defender and his hitting hasn't been as much of a liability as I initially thought it might. He's earned the starting 2B spot back from Tunamelt and he's going to have to survive until Launay comes back. LAWD.

19887416679_87721a4501_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
SPRING TRAINING SEASON PREVIEW - Outfield

I think this was my area of biggest change in the offseason. Even though I lost Mike Harris and his great bat to a trade, I think I'll actually be improving since he really ended up playing DH for most of last season due to necessity. In the field I should have an upgrade at both corner spots and that will allow me to slide one of last years starters to a depth spot. I've got a youngster coming up to play half of the DH spot and hopefully replace some of Mike Harris' production.

Luis "WAR" Velez - Having coached him in 6th, 7th, and 8th grade footbaw, Mr. Manager was ecstatic to trade for WAR Luis. Extra glad that @ZackMills didn't rake me over the coals to get him, knowing that I was attached to this player. I tried to play him at his natural positions of Middle Linebacker and long snapper, but apparently he projects as more of a left fielder in the WBL. Should provide an upgrade over Lares who played ok here last season. Only signed for this season, so I'll evaluate the future after I see how he plays in a rigger uniform.
18987835874_bc9d91545b_b.jpg

George Miller - the rigger stalwart had another solid season, but his defensive play is starting to drop off as he's aging (and he was never a great defensive CF anyway). I'm cross training him at LF, which I think fits his skillset better, in hopes of adding more value to his rigger future. He'll be a free agent after this season, but I'd like to keep him if he develops enough at LF to convince me he has some future as a depth player. I've got a superb looking young CF in AAA this season who I'd like to bring up to the WBL next year. If Miller wants to be part of the long term plan, he'll merely need to adapt.
18989457223_087a5e2299_b.jpg

Jesse Haswell - I receive him in a roundabout way. Kind of a win/win trade with Orlando in which he dumped some unwanted salary and I took a stop gap in a position of need. Not crazy about his salary compared to his production levels, but I needed some stop-gap help at RF after last year's disaster, and I have the budgetary room for the next couple of seasons to accommodate him. He hopes to exact revenge on the Little Rock Miners @bruin228 who besmirched his good name and referred to him as "cursed." I think this will be the biggest improvement in the riggers compared to last season.

19603434962_e6f910bdb3_b.jpg

Carter Gibson - He's the youngster slated to help replace some of Mike Harris' production from the DH spot. Carter is currently an extremely one sided bat, but it looks like he should crush RHPs if he lives up to his ratings. He might struggle this year, but the way his ratings have popped over the last few seasons, I think he'll be a star in the future. He's a big part of the reason I felt comfortable moving Mike Harris, as I felt they'd end up occupying a similar niche. I'm giving him some RF training in hopes that he can learn to play a couple of positions in a pinch, but mostly he looks like a DH, with some sub duty at LF, for a few seasons.
19610415685_45526bc3ec_b.jpg

For my last outfield spot, I'm considering a couple of players and will evaluate them after spring training.

Solano Lares has the advantage of having played pretty well for me last season and he's got a decent bat to provide some pop off the bench. I'm cross training him at RF and CF to give him a little more versatility, but his fielding ratings are too low to make him ever become a great utility player. For this season, I'm guessing I'll utilize him because I have confidence he can hit well enough as a replacement player
18989456983_d00cc366df_b.jpg

Jesus Lopez - I think Jesus has more of a future with my team than Lares, but he still needs to develop his power a bit more before he becomes the better bat. The nice thing is that he's a better fielder than Lares as well. If he continues to develop well, I envision him as a borderline starter at RF or at least a utility guy who can cover both corner spots. If he plays well in Spring Training I might favor him over Lares, but we'll see. If he's in AAA this season I'll probably play him at CF to increase his versatility even though his range isn't great and he'll never be a starter there.
19422426040_f31d9db0e6_b.jpg

Mid Season Review - Outfielders

Well, the outfield has been disappointing and also hampered with injuries. Was hoping for an improvement here among the position players and it didn't happen as expected.

WAR Luis Velez- Started the season horribly, dipping all the way down to -1WAR and playing only sparingly until he got off his cold streak. I really need him to play better down the stretch at some point, because with all the injuries I've sustained he's one of the few players left that should have a well rounded bat.

19453122153_4ae58f4cdd_b.jpg

George Miller - Has continued his decline in fielding and is not hitting as well as he did last season. Contract is up this year so it might be a hard decision. He's a long time rigger and is very popular, so I'd like to keep him on the team just for the fan interest but he's going to need to contribute somehow for the rest of the season for me to justify it.
19886011488_c032286c30_b.jpg

Jesse Haswell - @bruin228 Has been a bit of a liability in the field (more than expected) which is the reason he's only at 0.1 WAR, but he hit the ball fairly consistently (for a rigger) before he got injured. He should be on rehab duty in early August and ready for a return to the WBL in late August. hopefully he can provide a spark in the last month of the season as the riggers hopefully contend for a playoff spot.

20079488431_8914c4119c_b.jpg

Carter Gibson - Really the bright spot of this season. Was on pace for 5+ WAR and was definitely doing a great job of replacing Mike Harrris... then he got injured and is likely out for the season now. Still, he's a promising young player and the riggers have so few good bats that he's even more important in that context.

19451462074_96850270dd_b.jpg

Solano Lares - Started the season as the "4th outfielder" and platoon player against LHP... ended up starting more games as injuries mounted. He's been a consistent player for me in spot duty this season, as he was last season. With limited games in 2049 and early 2050 he projects at +2 WAR for a full season if played as a full time starter. I'm going to reward his performance by starting him somewhere for the rest of the season and also planning on making him a starter in 2051 as well (my scout likes him a little more than OOTP as well)
20079487981_92f855bd5b_b.jpg

Dave Kramer has also played a bit as DH since Carter Gibson went down and has done ok. Jesus Lopez played a few games as a utility guy and defensive sub as well and gave good performances... but both of them have been predominantly AAA players this season.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I forgot to post my personal goals for the season:

1. Win at least 72 games. Winning begets winning and I'd like to win more games than last season to help boost dat revenue a bit. Not a huge goal, as my first big moves will come in 2051 and 2052 as I prepare to build my budget for the core group.

2. Develop my younger players in the WBL and in AAA. Get the WBL guys enough spot experience so they can be ready for a breakout year in the next few. Get the AAA guys and the utility WBL guys more well rounded experience to help them further improve their extra positions.

3. Continue to learn the game management tricks that will hopefully help me be more competitive once my team developes.

4. Continue to develop and organize the minor league squads to take full advantage of my sperging.

5. Futily avoid the Haswell Curse

1. Definitely accomplished the goal of winning 72 games. Making the playoffs, winning a series, and being competitive in the SL Shampionship series were all way beyond expectations, especially considering the amount of injuries we suffered to key players this season.

2. I think I did a good job of this. My replacement players for Ruff Ridha, Rodriguez, and George Miller all got some good experience and performed well in the playoffs. I also worked on the versatility of a few potential minor league role players.

3. I think I've learned a little more about the game and how to manage my team.

4. I realized I don't have a lot of WBL level talent in the minors currently (most of my young players are already up) but I had a good season playing around with the minor leagues. The Waco Satanic Goats won the A league Shampionship and Casper and Turkey Mountain both finished 2nd in their league.

5. I avoided the Haswel for a while but eventually it got me against Key West.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
All Star Break Review - STARTING PITCHERS

Well, not everything went to plan but overall the starting pitching has been top notch for the riggers this season.

Patrick Rauch started the season as the #1 SP and had a really good run early on, winning 4 games in the first month before slowly dwindling and then falling off a cliff and losing his last 5 games. I think it was a fatigue issue as even with a 6 man rotation he was just never fully rested. He was playing like he had less than 30 stamina, so eventually I moved him to the bullpen and then he immediately got injured and is out for the season. :( Injuries have been really rough for the riggers and I hate to lose Rauch because even though he had a shaky time as a SP, I was confident he'd pitch well from the bullpen when he was well rested. He's got 1 year left on his contract, so hopefully he can play well as a setup guy next season.
20043616226_7212294d8b_b.jpg

Ralph "The Banker" Weinstein is an @Mr. Radpants castoff. He struggled last year in the month of August so I started him in the bullpen this season. I brought him into the starting lineup when I went to a 6 man rotation when Rauch was getting tired. All he's done since then is be arguably the best starting pitcher in the South. I extended his contract into the 2051 and 2052 seasons (team option) at 1.3M/year. Even if he doesn't produce at his current level, I'm confident he will provide value to the riggers somewhere in the starting lineup or bullpen at that price.
19447148534_6bf2c2ddaa_b.jpg

Jesse Wiseman is an @Orlando philanthropic dontation. His 45 Stuff rating is a bit disheartening, but in the riggers stadium and with some stout defensive support, he's played really well. I tried to sign him long term, but he wasn't having it. I'll see what his arb number is and pay him year to year unless it gets too out of hand.
19881700388_3333df47dc_b.jpg

Jose Rivera was a AAA super star for @OU11 but had yet to make a WBL start. He was one of the few promising looking pitchers available for around $1M in the offseason. I took a chance on him and he's really performed well so far this season. He continues the trend of pitchers who couldn't make the "Varsity" teams who are playing very well in "JV" with the riggers. I've been very pleased with his performance for a first year WBL player
19447148194_ecef8c225b_b.jpg

Helespontico Cicio is a bit of a Jekyll/Hyde player so far this season. He had a bad first month and I demoted him to the bullpen where he seemed to thrive. I then promoted him back into the starting lineup and he's currently pitching well. He'll be fighting with Jose Rivera and a couple other players for a spot in the starting lineup next season. Nice that the riggers finally have enough depth at pitcher that I can have some competition for the 4th/5th/6th spots and play the hot hands.
19881700918_72dca92c6d_b.jpg

Kadidou "Trog" Idogbe - @Lloyd Carr sent me this mouthbreather in a trade and he's been very consistently providing about what I'd expect from a 5th or 6th SP. He'll be competing with Jose Rivera, Helespontico Cicio, and a couple of AAA riggers to see if he can earn hisself a spot next season.

20069800805_d6e0743f5d_b.jpg

End of Season Review - STARTING PITCHERS

Ralf "Banker" Weinstein - Ended up being the surprise Ace of the rigger's season. Earned hisself a 1 year extension with 2nd year option based on his play this season. He also pitched really well for me in the playoffs, even if the bats didn't support him in a couple of those games. Not in the real long term plans, but can hopefully add some veteran leadership and fan-base love for the next few seasons.
20519359665_c4274554ca_b.jpg

Jesse Wiseman - Had his second really good year in a row for the riggers and also pitched really well in the playoffs. He'll be having his first arb hearing this off season and I'm interested to see if his ratings improve a bit based on his performance (specifically his Ks/9 = more like 55 Stuff). Hope for some more good years out of this young guy.
19896689184_0f5f8817fc_b.jpg

Kadidou "Trog" Idogbe - Had a very steady season to cement his role as a starter headed into next season. Also pitched really well against Key West in the playoffs.
20519359135_802fd309aa_b.jpg

Jose Rivera - had a very nice rookie season for the riggers, but struggle a bit in the playoffs compared to the other SPs. Injuries to the other SP candidates mean he'll head into spring training as a favorite for a SP spot.
20519359325_dba13c19aa_b.jpg

Helesponticio Cicio - Picked up an injury and missed the last couple months of the season and the playoff run. He did pitch really well for the riggers last season, so he'll be in the fight for a SP spot in 2051, but I kind of picture shifting him to the bullpen and keeping him around as a MR and emergency SP in case of injuries.
20493112396_fbefbb2252_b.jpg

Bill Tremblett - AAA pitcher of the year, I brought him up to the riggers to replace the injured Helesponticio Cicio late in the season. He pitched 2 outstanding games, a 7 inning shutout and an 8 inning shutout, before injuring hisself in the 3rd start. He'll be competing for a SP in spring training next year! Hopefully the injury didn't ruin him, I had high hopes for him in the future!
20525709911_d7b2773b76_b.jpg

Wijnand Leenderts - Had a rough season, but did come through with a couple of big wins during the rigger playoff push. At 33 and coming off a bad season (TROG STAR) he will be headed to free agency.
20519360225_2684f648f9_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
MID SEASON REVIEW - RELIEF PITCHERS

Wijnand Leenderts Here is something that should make @Mr. Radpants happy! After struggling as a starter, but getting some Tebow like support from the offensive half of the team, eventually LRM destroyed him to the tune of like 10 runs, so I decided to send him to the bullpen, where he's somehow pitched worse. I'm considering throwing him into AAA just so he doesn't have to infect the rest of my team with his ice cold streak. LAWD. I'm hoping he'll turn it around for me in the bullpen because I like having a high movement/control left handed pitcher with good stamina to eat some innings.

19453125633_f57ffcb31f_b.jpg

Hoyt Easton really hasn't played much, by design. He isn't all that great and I've got some better young players that will probably replace him. For the time being he's just some random middle relief guy that the CPU doesn't like to use even though he's set on the same play "normal" settings as the rest of the relief pitchers.
19887419619_21d0837d5b_b.jpg

Juan Garcia was just called up to replace Rauch who went down with an injury. Not the best of my young relief options, but he was playing well in AAA and was already on the 40 man roster, so it made for an easy decision to bring him up.
19886105300_e95fec783d_b.jpg

Tyrone Massey is a guy I signed long term (3 years +2 team options) based on his performance last season. He struggled early in the season and had one monumentally bad game, but he's on a hot streak now and I'm confident he'll pull it together. Love his stamina and ability to eat innings in long relief as well. He's got that classic rigger skill set.

20066195362_e831a6ee45_b.jpg

Daniel Saldana is the other guy I extended long term and he also had kind of a slow start. The pay day complacency? Anyway, he's putting it together again and I expect a good second half from him. 2nd setup guy and Loogy
20074114685_1f423f3977_b.jpg

Francisco Garcia - I've tried several times to sign him long term, but he really doesn't want to sign any deals that extend beyond his arbitration years, no matter what I propose (within reason). I will continue to try to negotiate long term with him, but at worst I'll pay his arb number this year and try again to negotiate next season. He's been my #1 setup guy and he's played extremely well. He's still got room to grow as well!
20074114855_5c48679df4_b.jpg

Esteve Montes - is apparently a South League all star after all. He's been really phenomenal in his time as a rigger. Like Francisco Garcia, he refuses to sign a long term contract and his arb projection is getting a bit on the high side for a relief pitcher. I'd like to lock him down long term, but we shall see what happens. Either way he'll be a rigger for at least a few years! I thank @Lloyd Carr for Esteve and definitely owe him big time. Of course, his closer is also playing extremely well and is a former rigger as well.

20079491151_a9b19d7e5d_b.jpg

END OF SEASON REVIEW - RELIEF PITCHERS

Juan Garcia - Called him up around the all star break due to injury and he ended up leading all relief pitcher with an ERA+ of 657 in 42 innings pitched. He also played really well in the playoffs as well. Not even the best rated of my relief pitchers, I took a chance moving him up because he was playing so well in AAA. Definitely outplayed his ratings.
20333051999_f7057f73b5_b.jpg

Francisco Garcia -A monster season for Garcia, he's really starting to pitch up to his ratings. I hope I can keep him in a rigger uniform for at least a few more years, but he doesn't want to negotiate much long term.
20331667370_bea6cc68ac_b.jpg

Esteve Montes had a really nice season as the riggers closer with 40 saves and only 2 blown saves. Also contributed 10 wins to only 7 loses. I think he was a big part of the reason my 1-run game record went from absolutely abysmal in 2049 to .500 in 2050.
19898849103_803fab0338_b.jpg

Tyrone Massey - Had an up and down season, I was expecting better from him, especially since he ended up pitching almost 100 innings this season.
20493527636_04ef2f4a48_b.jpg

Daniel Saldana - Followed up last year's awesome season with a dud this year. Hopefully he can get hisself un-fucked next season
20331720428_5fcd97cf82_b.jpg

Hoyt Easton - Was not good this season and he makes too much money for a relief pitcher and is up for arb so he probably wants even more. Hoyt will likely be a free agent next season.
20510910142_45fd976792_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison

Miguel Rodriguez - This was a transition year for the catchers. I was hoping for one more year of good contribution from Rodriguez while I worked the young future star Montes into the fold. Rodriguez was a consistent bat last season, but he's seen a pretty solid drop in his hitting numbers. I've slowly transitioned him out of the starting lineup and into a backup role and he'll probably see less time as the year goes on. He wants $7M on an extension so he will be a free agent after this season.

20074114305_2e02478e65_b.jpg

Claudio Montes - Started off in the lineup against LHP and every 3rd game against RHP. As the season has gone on, I've transitioned him to be the full time starter, with Rodriguez backing him up. He's played really well for a young player and he will see most of the starting action down the stretch. He's the future and I'm really pleased with how he's developed so far, especially after his first two brief stints in the WBL weren't great. He's got a future as the #5 hitter I think.

19451465024_d307845385_b.jpg

Miguel Rodriguez - In a trend we saw organization wide, a player headed into free agency took a big step back in 2050. Rodriguez was a solid player last season coming in at 3.3 WAR, bringing good defense and a decent bat. This season he just didn't hit well at all. Appreciate the service from Mr. Rodriguez and wish him luck in free agency! I've got a minimum salary player waiting to replace him as backup catcher and 1b
20335714410_e8c91bfa9e_b.jpg

Claudio Montes - the catcher of the future had a really nice first season. He struggled a bit early but really found his rhythm and contributed well at the plate for the riggers. I really like him hitting in the #5 spot and expect him to be there for many years to come. Hopefully his defense improves even more as he gets some experience.
19901156434_a02746475f_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
MID SEASON REVIEW - INFIELD

Lets start this fuckshit off with the crippling injuries to my best players!

Clement Launay - Was the first rigger down this season, which really sucks. 11 games into the season he was already at +0.7 WAR and was just absolutely destroying everything in his path. Furthermore, he's my most versatile utility player, so having him be the first injury ultra-sucked because he's the backup for pretty much every other position on the field. He's finally going to be back and ready to play this week. I'm going to give him a rehab assignment in AAA for a while and then hopefully he'll be ready to provide the riggers with a spark down the stretch in august/september. He's still going to be my leadoff hitter (love his eye for getting on base and then his running) and utility guy for the future.
20047826486_e1056f6064_b.jpg

Eneas Cezimbra - The greatest difference between OSA ratings and my scout's ratings. CEZ was certainly playing a lot more like my scout predicted than where OSA has him. At the time of his injury, 19 games into the season, he was leading the league in WAR. Obviously he would have slowed down from his lofty numbers, but I still expected him to get on base a lot and then do some real damage because he steals even better than his ratings suggest. At the time of injury he'd already stolen 12 bases and had been caught 0 times. These two injuries really hurt what my middle infield players provided to my offense. His injury was really severe, so he might not even make it back for spring training, lol.

Tamham RUFF Ridha - Fancies hisself an all star and wants a 7 year long $10M /year contract and now he doesn't hit HRs at near the rate he used to. FUUUU. He was actually hitting poorly enough in the season to be -WAR so I had been giving his backup a lot of playing time. I've been playing him more regularly again as a starter and he's been hitting better recently. Not signing him and he'll be a free agent available for @Mr. Radpants to sign.
19886013458_3d32ab6475_b.jpg

Dani Rodriguez - Started early against LHP and every 3rd game against RHP. Has been hitting more consistently than Tamham Ridha, so he's moved up to starter and has played decently for a rookie despite going through a few cold patches. I'm pretty excited for his future.
19886104080_bb06244972_b.jpg

Mulia Kusuma - I was hoping he'd play well at SS so I could move Clement Launay around as needed to provide depth. I've been really pleased with Launay so far this season and I think he'll only improve in the future. My hope is he'll be a good #2 hitter in the future once he gets his average up a bit.
19453123143_7fc9ea14fe_b.jpg

Marco Eirosa - Currently my 3B and he's been serviceable as a stop gap, but I really need better hitting from this spot in the future. Once Launay comes back I might move Kusuma to 3rd and then play Eirosa as the utility guy. I'd like to get him more experience at 1B and 2B in the coming years so he can cover the whole infield. I'd like to see him get on base more, given his eye, but he's still got room for some growth.
19453122883_8923549440_b.jpg

Now for the FUCKSHIT due to injuries

Brian Tunamelt - When Launay and Cez went down, I traded for him with the benevolent Orlando. His ability to play everywhere in the infield was really important given Launay's injury. Initially he hit extremely well for me and I was really pleased. Then he went on one of the coldest streaks I've ever seen and I basically had remove him as a starter and play him in a utility/backup role... and even there he's been pretty bad. Not only has his hitting been poor, he isn't playing good defense either. LAWD. His ratings suggest he should be hitting much better and playing much better defense.... so hopefully he figures out how to un-fuck hisself because he looks like a really promising utility guy.
19886102600_8f216280c4_b.jpg

Douglas Tagg- This poor over-matched fuck is doing his very best to survive the WBL. At 0.2 WAR I honestly can't ask much more from him. He's a positive defender and his hitting hasn't been as much of a liability as I initially thought it might. He's earned the starting 2B spot back from Tunamelt and he's going to have to survive until Launay comes back. LAWD.

19887416679_87721a4501_b.jpg

END OF SEASON REVIEW - INFIELD

Tamam RUFF Ridha - So long sweet prince, you hit lots of HRs my first season as manager and you made me drink a lot of whiskey this season as you sunk further and further into -WAR territory. Hit 2 key homers against Buffalo in the playoffs, so that will be my memory.
20530779031_cf044bc39a_b.jpg

Dani Rodriguez - Struggled a bit down the stretch and barely ended up +WAR. Typical struggling rookie season I think, but he really blossomed in the playoffs and hit for a much better .290 average and an OPS of 0.946. I'm hoping he will continue to play good defense and bump his hitting up over the 0.800 OPS mark I'd like to see at 1B.
20336316060_10d5c5c584_b.jpg

Eneas Cezimbra - Was hurt in the first month after a huge start and missed the entire season. Is 6 weeks out from recovery and I hope his injury didn't ruin his development. I expected him to be much better than OSA rates him and hopefully that stays the case when he returns from injury.

Clement Launay - Missed most of the season due to injury, only returning for the last month and the playoffs. He played good defense and got on base well. I expect him to by my first man off the bench next season as a super sub. Hopefully that will help him stay healthy.
20515531362_cf646affca_b.jpg

Mulia Kusuma - Had an outstanding rookie season for the riggers and played even better in the playoffs where he was the MVP of the series against Buffalo. I'm going to start him at SS next season.
20498157696_14252701f0_b.jpg

Marco Eirosa - played pretty well in 2049 so I hope his down year in 2050. I plan on using him as a LHP platoon for Kusuma and general utility player. If he plays poorly again, DOUGLASS will be waiting to pounce on the opportunity. Not sure how he fits into the long term plans.
20524415765_e55858f09b_b.jpg

Douglass "Loathsome" Tagg - The man, the myth, the legend. His magical 0.8 WAR performance and riveting dismantling of Buffalo in the playoffs have earned him a spot on the 40 man roster. Somehow my scout likes him even less than OSA, so he really doesn't have a lot of upside, loll. If there aren't any injuries I'd prefer him to spend the season playing SS and 1B in AAA to further add to his versatility. Depending on what moves I make in the off season he might actually have a spot on the 25 man roster as a defensive sub. Douglass also has surprisingly decent pitching potential, so he might drop down to AAA as a relief pitcher to really work on his craft. By the time LOATHSOME hits 30, I expect him to be first sub at every position.
20498157896_3ce567990e_b.jpg

Bryan Tunamelt - Just flat didn't play well. Hasn't ever played up to his ratings. His team option next year is $1M so I believe I'll let him walk, especially with LOATHSOME on the roster already adding defensive versatility.
19901756414_4fb8195c65_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Mid Season Review - Outfielders

Well, the outfield has been disappointing and also hampered with injuries. Was hoping for an improvement here among the position players and it didn't happen as expected.

WAR Luis Velez- Started the season horribly, dipping all the way down to -1WAR and playing only sparingly until he got off his cold streak. I really need him to play better down the stretch at some point, because with all the injuries I've sustained he's one of the few players left that should have a well rounded bat.

19453122153_4ae58f4cdd_b.jpg

George Miller - Has continued his decline in fielding and is not hitting as well as he did last season. Contract is up this year so it might be a hard decision. He's a long time rigger and is very popular, so I'd like to keep him on the team just for the fan interest but he's going to need to contribute somehow for the rest of the season for me to justify it.
19886011488_c032286c30_b.jpg

Jesse Haswell - @bruin228 Has been a bit of a liability in the field (more than expected) which is the reason he's only at 0.1 WAR, but he hit the ball fairly consistently (for a rigger) before he got injured. He should be on rehab duty in early August and ready for a return to the WBL in late August. hopefully he can provide a spark in the last month of the season as the riggers hopefully contend for a playoff spot.

20079488431_8914c4119c_b.jpg

Carter Gibson - Really the bright spot of this season. Was on pace for 5+ WAR and was definitely doing a great job of replacing Mike Harrris... then he got injured and is likely out for the season now. Still, he's a promising young player and the riggers have so few good bats that he's even more important in that context.

19451462074_96850270dd_b.jpg

Solano Lares - Started the season as the "4th outfielder" and platoon player against LHP... ended up starting more games as injuries mounted. He's been a consistent player for me in spot duty this season, as he was last season. With limited games in 2049 and early 2050 he projects at +2 WAR for a full season if played as a full time starter. I'm going to reward his performance by starting him somewhere for the rest of the season and also planning on making him a starter in 2051 as well (my scout likes him a little more than OOTP as well)
20079487981_92f855bd5b_b.jpg

Dave Kramer has also played a bit as DH since Carter Gibson went down and has done ok. Jesus Lopez played a few games as a utility guy and defensive sub as well and gave good performances... but both of them have been predominantly AAA players this season.

End of Season Review - Outfielders

Luis "-WAR" Velez - Yeah, this is my worst trade in the WBL so far. I thought I was going to get a good fielder with an average or slightly worse bat. I got a terrible fielder and a terrible bat. I already cut him during the playoffs, so he's a free agent. I wish him well.
20516230142_74c2904b28_b.jpg

Carter Gibson - Missed a big chunk of the season due to injury, but came back in time for the playoff push and was really key. Hit the piss out of the ball in the playoffs as well. Depending on the roster moves I make this off season he'll either be the starter at LF or the starter at the DH spot. I expect him to hit in the #3 or #4 spot for years to come, depending on what sort of power I generate at the other spots.

20337018920_3497b26e33_b.jpg

Solano Lares - Not the best hitter, but his consistent play in the field makes him a positive player. I plan on giving him a starting chance at either LF or RF this coming season. He projects at just over a 2 WAR player as a starter if you believe his last couple of partial season stats. At worst, he'll be a good backup.
20525117395_f3d0c8929b_b.jpg

George Miller - Struggled mightily in the field all season and was never developed enough at another position to be a contributor. He also didn't hit well, so I was ready to say goodbye... but then he played super well in the playoffs and now I'm torn.
20516229612_4a776cf8ea_b.jpg

Julio "Down by the River?" Manuel - Nickname is so WBL I love it. Called him up to play CF in September and the playoffs. Was an instant improvement on defense and at the plate over George Miller. I figure he might have some struggles next season as his first full time starter roll, but by 2052 he should be a star for the riggers.
20525117285_3487d5acf3_b.jpg

Jesse "Cursed" Haswell - LAWD this guy trolls me. Was a huge negative in the field last season and didn't hit as well as expected either. I might have to play him at DH or something this next season to get value, but fortunately he's off the books in 2052!
19904189943_00864bd7c7_b.jpg

Jesus Lopez - Did not play well in the WBL this season, but I still have hopes for him if his bat ever develops. He's going to be a good fielder regardless, so he'll have some value on the squad as a replacement player.
20498857916_2199f85b4a_b.jpg

Dave Kramer - Pressed into Service as DH when Carter Gibson was injured, he struggled early and then showed sparks of his promise late in the season and really helped the riggers make the playoffs. He will be my Tribute for the 2050 HUNGER GAMES because I think he could be a nice DH for someone in a better park.
20531483721_a3a8542aec_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I honestly think he'll be fine for whoever signs him, he was "upset" with the trade and stayed "upset" or worse all season.