• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Travis7401's North Dakota riggers Thread

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The contact rating is actually derived from BABIP + Avoid K's

I only know what my statistical analysis shows and that is Average is correlated to both Contact and Avoid Ks. Probably 6 in one half dozen in the other way to look at which influences the other, but either way Contact is king and avoid Ks is a good bonus addition, especially for fast players.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Well power also plays a role in contact. Contact is basically a rating that accounts for hits, so it is a combination of BABIP, avoid k and power (since HR are not in play).

NML

Here are the adjustments I make for WAR based on neutral fielding for 162 games (60 fielding rating will get you a neutral ZR/EFF in this league at most positions)

In order of defensive importance (your park factors may change the order, for instance my LF defense is more important than my RF defense due to park factors, and I've confirmed this via statistical analysis).

Catcher: +1 WAR
Shortstop: +.75 WAR
Second Base: +.5 WAR
Center Field: +.5 WAR
Third Base: +.25 WAR
Right Field: -.5 WAR
Left Field: -.75 WAR
First Base: -1 WAR
DH: -1.5 WAR

Now if a player is a + fielder (5+ ZR and +EFF) then you add 0.5 War. If they are a ++ fielder (10+ZR and ++EFF) then you add 1.0 WAR and same thing for negative fielders.

This chart shows why it would be better to play a player with 60 CF rating and 80 LF rating in CF. They'd be a + or ++ at LF but the positional difference alone more than makes up for the fact that they are higher rated at LF.

This analysis is what I used to convince @Lloyd Carr it was time to move Linus Enquist to DH instead of playing him in LF. The difference in Positional value between DH and LF is 0.75 WAR, but in 2049 Linus Enquist was so monumentally bad in the field (-26 ZR and an EFF of .85) that his fielding was like -2.5 WAR. Thus even with the positional change, it would have been a net positive of +1.75 to move Enquist to DH.

My positional ratings are sort of based on this:
http://www.fangraphs.com/library/war/war-position-players/

With some adjustments based on what I've found in OOTP (ie 2B fielding in OOTP is more important than 3B fielding, whereas the fan graphs article has them equal).

What are you basing ur "defensive rating" off of? Just their positional rating?

This is partially an entirely different discussion, but wouldn't a player who's a CF, for example, be better with 80 range and 50 positonal rating than 50 range and 60 positional rating? Or does all of those ratings (range, error, arm, DP for infielders) work together to form the positional rating?

If the answer to that question is no, then I think just using the position rating wouldn't be an effective predictor.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
They all work together to create the position rating. The position rating also takes time to build. So that high range OF would still struggle in CF for a time. With sufficient reps, you will never see a 50 rated CF with 80 range.

NML

So basically you've got the three/four "internal" factors that effect position rating - but position rating will also improve with "experience". Do the internal ratings change over time?

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Generally the fielding ratings are pretty stagnant and then decline as the player gets older. The position ratings will lag behind slightly.

See Weber's current ratings and then historical stats as an example. At one point his fielding ratings and position ratings were all 70+. As he got older his fielding ratings declined, but his defensive stat decline lagged a season or two behind that. I credit that to overall experience at the position.

http://utopia.allsimbaseball9.com/game/lgreports/players/player_9435.html

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
@NML just PM me ur email and I'll send you my draft analysis tool because it will make it easier to explain some of this stuff and you can look at the Coefficients for everything (all based on 2049 and 2050 seasons in WBL).

Orlando already hit the nail on the head with the position rating thing. Basically in order to reach 60 positional rating a player needs to have certain minimum base fielding ratings + experience. For CF and SS the minimum range rating to be a 60 positional player is basically 60 range (you can find a few exceptions where a 55 range player with 80 errors or something might end up as a 60 positional player at CF or SS). For 1B, a player with 35 range can reach a 60 positional rating.

When I'm evaluating a player for their current WBL ability, I use their positional rating. When I'm evaluating a player for their POTENTIAL WBL fielding ability (This is especially important with draft picks who often have low positional ratings due only to lack of experience) then I use the raw ratings to determine which positions they can potentially play, if given experience in the minors. Range and Errors are the two ratings that are most correlated with +WAR across the board, but TDP and ARM can also impact it, depending on position. TDP is particularly important for SS and 2B, Arm is particularly important for 3B and RF.

When evaluating Draft picks, these are the minimum threshold fielding ratings I would suggest for each position for a player who will be slightly - or neutral in the field but won't kill you. I use higher numbers and ball park factor adjusted numbers for my own team (for instance while 45 range will work ok for most LF in the league to make them a 50-55 rated positional player, I need 60 range in my park for my build).

My numbers in order of defensive importance (note LF is far more important in my park due to my park factors requiring more range. LF is the second least important in most parks):

C: 60/60
SS: 65/60/55/60 (Range, Error, Arm, TDP)
CF: 65/60/50 (Range, Error, Arm)
2B: 60/60/45/60
LF: 60/55/45
3B: 50/55/55/20 (20 = Turn DP doesn't matter)
RF: 50/55/60
1B: 35/40/20/20 (Turn DP and arm not important)

For acceptable "minimums" (ie 50-55 positional rating), you could probably knock 10 off these range/error ratings. LF of 45 range plays fine in most parks.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Coefficients for Pitchers

ERA+
Stuff = 0.47
Movement = 0.36
Control = 0.17

WHIP
Stuff = 0.45
Movement = 0.16
Control = 0.39

I won't use a player with a rating less than 50 in any category unless I have statistical proof they are good.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Don't mistake those for minimums obviously. I'd also say Travis's numbers are even a little high for what I'd consider a neutral fielder.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Yeah, those are what I'm looking for for a rigger build, I updated it to say you could subtract like 10 off each range rating for neutral fielders.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
They should be equal for neutral parks as it depends on how much area they physically have to cover. Generally speaking a 50 range should be neutral ZR for either in a normal park. Then with RF you want a bigger arm.

My park factors of (<1 HR/AVG for RHB with >1 for RHB GAP) mean that my Left field is physically very large in game stat terms. I wasn't sure if this mattered at first, but I noticed guys like Carter Gibson struggling more than expected for me and even guys like Solano Lares who have 55 range should be + ZR in LF strugging. Solano played a significant amount of both RF and LF for me in the past few seasons (with better positional rating at LF and good range) yet he always ended up with - or 0 ZR in LF and +ZR in RF even though he should have better range than the league average LF, since the league average LF has less range than the league average RF (ZR is a comparative stat). This trend has happened since I've started watching in 2049 with whoever I've played in LF ending with a worse ZR rating than they should, given their range compared to the league average. This is why Carter Gibson just wouldn't work for me in LF with 45 range. In a neutral ballpark I'd project 45 range to be a negative range fielder (-5 to -10 ZR) but in mine that 45 range had him at like -16 ZR in 162 games, which is enough to justify a move from LF to DH.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I really like my lineup Optimization for next season, I've worked hard to assemble a good lineup from players who are also + in the field at every position and I think it should really make me competitive for seasons to come. I think I've really improved on the all round hitting and I think I've got the right type of hitters to slot in certain spots of the lineup as well. I think it is telling of the huge increase in talent on my roster that my player who was my #4 or #5 slot in 2050 (Claudio Montes) is now my projected #8 batter. Getting close to HAVE status when your #8 is a guy who should hit .750-.800 OPS in the Dyson Sphere:

#1 & 2 Two of my best high average and OBP guys without power (Brett should hit much better next season, last year he was a rookie-ish and MAD AF). Both have good speed/baserunning
1. Mulia Kusuma
2. Mason Brett

#3 is a complete bat. Similar to #1 and #2 with more power.
3. Julio Manuel

#4 and #5 are my power hitters, with FAZ hitting #4 because he's less likely to make an out (Rafael strikes out more often but has higher SLG, making him a better fit at #5)
4. Mason Faz
5. Rafael Juarez

#6, #7, #8 are decent well rounded bats placed in decreasing OPS order from last season (with a slight preference to base running ability given to spot #6). These will switch around based on who has the highest OPS. If I had to guess, Claudio ends up at #6 and Q at #8.
6. Quintin Magnanti
7. Dani Rod
8. Claudio Montes

#9 is another leadoff hitter type who isn't as good as #1, but still has high OBP and good base running
9. Clement Launay

Talisman - The player with the highest leadership and most loathsome hitting abilities on the team. Makes everyone else feel really good about themselves.
Douglass Tagg

Last edited:

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I think you kind of have to play opposite of ur park. 50/50/50/50/50 type hitters probably play really well in Dublin and they are -War disasters for me.

So for me, I should put all my monies into premium hitters because my pitching can be elite with 55/55/55 guys who are a dime a dozen. You should spend all your monies on premium Kasib type pitching because any average 50/50/50/50 type hitter is going to be a good player in ur park.

I think the temptation is to do the opposite (OMG HOW GOOD WOULD KASIB BE IN THE SPHERE) but I think that's a trap. Look at Amsterdam having the top 10 HR hitters or some shit and not making the playoffs because their pitching (good players) got destroyed. He needs the BEST pitchers in that park.

No i don't. I think the problem is that my pitchers aretoo good so when someone hits a home run in the 1st they think they did something wrong and cry for 5 innings letting in 5 more runs. Bad players have more mental strength

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You don't have to tell me about the mental strength of bad players, Douglass Tagg is so bad he imparts that mental strength on the entire team. You know how many HRs Haamid would hit if he looked over and saw Douglass Tagg across from him on the bench? Haamid would realize his 80 contact and 80 power ratings are 5 orders of magnitude better than Taggs and he'd say to hisself "My God, if Douglass has a .235 career batting average and 6 HRs with all those loathsome pink ratings, I should be hitting .450 and 80 HRs per season." No longer would leading the league in HRs be good enough, he'd have to set unbreakable records in order to compare his stats to those of Loathsome Douglass.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Mr. Manager took over the riggers in 2049 and has completed 4 seasons...

[xtable=skin1|508x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=285x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}Wins{/td}
{td=64x@}Losses{/td}
{td=95x@}Winning PCTG{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mr. Manager - Total WBL Record{/td}
{td}316{/td}
{td}332{/td}
{td}0.488{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mr. Manager - WBL Record With Douglass{/td}
{td}174{/td}
{td}150{/td}
{td}0.537{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mr. Manager - WBL RecordWithout Douglass{/td}
{td}142{/td}
{td}182{/td}
{td}0.438{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Injuries and Talent don't explain this either.
Talent wise, the teams rate as follows: 2052 (W) > 2049 (L) > 2051 (L) > 2050 (W)
Injury wise, the 2051 and 2049 losing teams suffered literally zero injuries. The winning 2050 team was decimated and the 2052 suffered a few injuries.

DOUGLASS appears to be worth approximately 16 wins per season in the WBL. MY GOD.

But the WBL record is not the only place DOUGLASS has such an impact. If you look at the AA and AAA rosters of the organization, you see the same profound effect. When Douglass is on that roster they are markedly better than they are without Douglass.

In 2049 and 2051, Douglass played in AAA:
[xtable=skin1|border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|192x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=64x20}AAA{/td}
{td=64x@} W{/td}
{td=64x@} L{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|@x20}2049{/td}
{td=right}76{/td}
{td=right}50{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|@x20}2050{/td}
{td=right}70{/td}
{td=right}55{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|@x20}2051{/td}
{td=right}82{/td}
{td=right}44{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=right|@x20}2052{/td}
{td=right}68{/td}
{td=right}57{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Thus the AAA Turkey Mountain Squirrel King record with/without Douglass
[xtable=skin1|508x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=285x@} {/td}
{td=64x@}Wins{/td}
{td=64x@}Losses{/td}
{td=95x@}Winning PCTG{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}AAA - Total record 2049 - 2052{/td}
{td}296{/td}
{td}206{/td}
{td}0.590{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}AAA - Record with Douglass{/td}
{td}158{/td}
{td}94{/td}
{td}0.627{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}AAA - Record without Douglass{/td}
{td}138{/td}
{td}112{/td}
{td}0.552{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Even for a team with a strong total winning % DOUGLASS is worth 10 wins per season on shortened AAA seasons.

Douglass Tagg's personal record from the date Mr. Manager took over the organization = 332 Wins and 244 Losses... .576 Winning PCT. Record of those teams without him 280 wins and 294 Losses.... .488 Winning Percentage. Across the board, Douglass is worth 13 wins per season just to be on a roster in this organization.

Douglas Tagg is the GOAT Talisman.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
2053 Season Preview

Starting Pitchers:
Well, I was really hoping to sign BOYS in the off season to come in as the ACE pitcher, but I was Mongolloyded in that manuever. Thus, we have the same basic crew of Dave Meyer, Terry Morgan, Freddy Ramos, and Kadidou Idogbe returning. I also have Bill Tremblett finishing out his recovery and he'll be back ready for action in about 3-4 more weeks (1-2 sims left on the injury and then a couple sims in AAA for rehab). Tremblett's injury dropped him to 40 Stamina, so he might end up in the bullpen at some point. Tremblett, Rivera, and Wiseman all project better as bullpen arms to me (either because of lack of stamin or only having 2 good pitches), but are all capable of starting as well and I'll start one of them for the first half of the season for sure. I also picked up Rex Rowe on a one year contract (why not?) and he should be recovered from his injury by June and rehabbed by July so I'll have some flexibility to make a midseason swap if any of the starting pitchers are really struggling. Next year I'd like to add and ACE pitcher to the mix because I think Meyer, Morgan, and Ramos will form a nice 2,3,4 going forward.

Relief Pitchers:
Esteve Montes is back at closer and Tyrone Massey is back as setup man both have served me well for several seasons and I hope they keep it up. I bought out Daniel Saldana's team option after a second year in a row of rating drops and brought in Ed Mullins, a lefty with good stuff who never cracked the False Bay lineup. The graphic below shows him as a setup man, but I meant to make him middle relief (I like to set one closer and one setup and then set the rest to middle relief with different secondary roles). Francisco Garcia's ratings are still dropping slightly, but he's back for another year. Jesse Wiseman is in the pen to start the season as a long relief he is going to get a lot of innings and possibly move into the starting lineup if he's hot. I signed Donald Mason for a year because I wanted another left handed arm in the bullpen. His ratings dropped a lot, but I'm hoping he can give me one solid season in the rigger pen and hopefully get some revenge against @Lloyd Carr for fucking up my plans here.

I'm not super crazy about how the pitching turned out because Llloyd fucked up my plans, but we play in the Dyson Sphere and I should have one of the best fielding teams in the league again, so I'm pretty confident everything should shake out well enough.
22636199473_2696641368_b.jpg

Catcher:
Claudio Montes returns for another year. He should be solid defensively and provide us with a decent bat (hoping for .750-.800 OPS). I don't have a backup I love and I'm trying to get both of my HUNGER GAMES pickups some early action, so I'm currently playing without a backup catcher. Douglass Tagg will play there in an emergency (LAWD) and I'm evaluating 2 backup catchers in AAA and will promote the hottest one after about a month. Montes will bat in the #4 hole against LHP where he's shown he's great in previous years and then provide a nice solid #6-#8 bat agianst

DH: Mason Fazerlacky is the starter against RHP and HUNGER GAMES pickup Frank Parker is the starter against LHP. Mason is her on a ridiculously large $20M contract for one season, so hopefully he can play like he's worth that. I think Frank Parker should play well against LHP, giving Mason a rest against the pitching he's not as good against anyway, and then add additional pinch hitting power bat when he's not starting. It would be cool to save someone from death and have them win the hunger games! Mason will hit #4 against RHP and Parker will hit #6 or #7 against LHP

1B: Dani Rod is back and I expect him to play good defense again and hopefully hit as well or better than he did last season and be at least in the .750-800 OPS range. I've added HUNGER GAMES pick Larbi Mulogo to the mix as well and I'm doing a partial platoon here, as Larbi is a Lefty and Dani Rod is a righty so I'm alternating them starts against RHP for the first month of the season, with Dani Rod getting all the starts against LHP where it looks like Larbi's ratings aren't great... If Larbi gets hot, I'll keep him up because it is nice to have another good LHB for pinch hitting purposes. Mason Fazerlacky or Douglass Tagg can also play in a pinch. Dani Rod will be in the #6 or #7 slot against LHP (where he's very strong) and the #8 slot against RHP where he'll be my best looking #8 yet.

2B. Even though I have a good starter in Clement Launay, I picked up Pedro Chavez in free agency because the deal was too good to pass up. I've currently made him the starter to allow me to utilize Clement Launay's utility at being great at multiple positions (2B, SS, CF) and hopefully help Clement avoid the injuries he seems prone to. I may look to trade Pedro Chavez at some point if I can get good return on him because I don't really NEED him and his defense isn't up to rigger dream standards like Clement Launay's. Obviously Douglass Tag can pwn this position as well. Hopefully Pedro hits as well as he's shown he can in the past because having solid hitting all the way down in the #9 slot is pretty cool. Clement is a naturally good #9 or leadoff hitter as well, so there is no dropoff at all when he plays.

SS. We have Mulia Kusuma, coming off a solid season, holding down the SS spot and providing us a solid leadoff batter. The other bonus of adding Chavez to the roster is I can now avoid starting Mulia Kusuma against LHP, where he struggles at times. I slide over Clement Launay and he takes the starting SS and leadoff hitter spot against LHP. Douglass Tagg is waiting for someone to show a bad attitude so he can jump into the starting lineup and show his defensive prowess.

3B. Rafael Juarez is now starting the team friendly portion of his salary and should once again provide solid defense and a superior bat at the 3B position. His hitting ratings did drop a bit, and he's shown more of a propensity to strike out last year, so I slid him down to the #5 spot in the lineup against both RHP and LHP where he can still provide us with power but not hurt us so much with strikeouts. Douglass Tagg backing him up!

RF - Quintin Magnanti played well here last year so he gets another shot! Was +on defense and provided some good pop with his bat as well. Probably my least confident spot on the team but I've got Solano Lares and Lorenzo Castillo as other potential options if neccesary. Q will be batting 7th or 8th in the lineup to start and I feel like it is a sweet luxury to have a team deep enough to have a solid batter in that slot. Solano Lares will be getting some starts against LHP.

LF/CF - I view these positions as almost interchangeable due to my park factors, so Mason Brett will be playing CF against RHP and Julio Manuel will be playing CF against LHP. The player who isn't playing CF will then play LF since my LF tarmac of astro turf requires a player with good range as well. I'm doing this to keep Manuel's versatility to play CF intact if necessary and to ward off the effects of MS, lol. Mason Brett has yet to live up to his ratings as a hitter in the WBL but I'm really hoping this is the year he turns the corner and makes a great #2 hitter. He should be a . Julio Manuel has hit well the last two years and is back in the #3 slot, where I think he's a natural. Good solid all around hitter with the ability to hit for extra base hits and be a dangerous runner as well (until the MS gets him)! Clement Launay will be probably playing some CF/LF as backup as well and Solano Lares and Q Magnanti will get some time at LF. If Mason Brett doesn't live up to his hitting ratings, I'll move him to the #9 slot in the lineup and move Chavez or Launay

Overall I feel like this is the best team I've fielded yet. From a positional perspective, everyone should be at least neutral fielding and most of them should be + or ++ fielding. Good lineups against both LHP and RHP with solid leadoff guys with speed in the #9,#1, and #2 spots, a good #3 with speed, premium bats at #4, and #5 and then good solid .750+ OPS hitters at the #6-#8 spots as well. Then good backups and depth at every position other than catcher, and some powerful platoons and pinch hitters as well! I even have some decent borderline WBL players in AAA in case of injury.

23263315385_002508815a_b.jpg

22895378159_770aeb5411_o.jpg

All things considered, I figure the riggers will be in the 80-90 win range and be competitive for a playoff spot. If they get the DOUGLASS TAGG BONUS, I expect them to be on the upper end of that win range.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Rigger Prospect Watch - AAA edition!

SP -
Leo Leckenby is probably the best prospect we've currently got at the AAA level. It was his first season in AAA and the Turkey Mountain Park is VERY hitter friendly, so his stats won't look nearly as good as they'll project to be in the DYSON SPHERE. He has a record of 11-8, an ERA of 4.31 (best on the team), a WHIP of 1.37, and an ERA+ of 123. He's really the quintessential rigger pitcher, being left handed and having 50/65/65 potential ratings. At 22 years of age, he's still young so he'll get at least next year in AAA (and probably 2 more years) before being called up to the bigs. If got a couple of other pitchers who are a bit older that I can bring up if an emergency situations arises

Infield -
Roosevelt Happy Gonzalez - Played extremely well in AAA this season, hitting .337/.396/.621 (including 35 HRs). Called him up for his cup of coffee with the roster expansion this September and he's hit for good average in the WBL as well and is getting some good experience in a playoff push. Hopefully that'll payoff next year. He'll be my DH and backup 1B next season in the WBL. I see him as my long term 1B starter, so I'm not sure where that'll put Dani Rodriguez who is getting better every season and on a team friendly deal. For now I'll keep both and play them interchangeably at 1B/DH until I can get good value for one of them. I'm glad I have a replacement (at least in theory) for some of the production FAZ brought to the team this season.

Chris Reardon had a down year, mostly since he spent a ton of time playing out of position to try to gain some 1B versatility. His hitting suffered this season as well as he hit .271/.309/.405. I'll be playing him a lot more at 3B next year, trying to see if I can get him back in the positive WARS column to bring his confidence back. He's 24 years old and he has hit his potential in most of his hitting ratings, so he should be hitting better. At worst I was hoping he could be a decent emergency/utility player who could cover both 1B and 3B and give some extra value as a switch hitter (typically play well for me). At best I thought he might be able to be a starter when Juarez leaves. Only time will tell, but he'll need to hit better than he did this year, because I've got several promising looking 3B types in the system who are performing and getting rating bumps.

Which brings us to...
Marcus Duggar who started the year in AA and was a mid-season promotion to AAA based on his development and statistical performance in AA, where he was selected to the all star game and hit .319/.424/.533. When he reached AAA he hit even better at .361/.424/.533. My scout thinks his eye and power are better than OSA project, and the stats seem to bear that out, as his walk rate and number of HRs at each level exceeded expected values. His projected best position is 3B, but he's versatile and succeeded in developing his SS rating up to a 55 this season. He still needs some work on his 2B positional rating, but has the skill set to be good there as well. I'm not too keen on the sister raping aspects of his game, or his quiverfull religious beliefs, but I think at the worst he'll be a good utility infielder with a rare LHB. At best, he might be a starter somewhere in the infield in a few more seasons.

Outfield -
Lorenzo Castillo just turned 26 so this will be the last year I mention him as a prospect. He hit .331/.397/.650 (31 HRs) this year in AAA so he had a really nice season. He doesn't have the range I'd like to see in a rigger outfielder, but his positional rating of 55 LF and 65 RF mean he still projects as a serviceable fielder. He had about 250 ABs in the WBL in the 2052 season and hit pretty well, but ended up being -WAR because of his struggles in the field. Brought him up again for a few weeks this season when FAZ was hurt to play DH against RHB and he struggled to hit. He's still on minimum salary for at least another year, so I'll either keep him around as a backup in case of injury, or I'll donate him as my hunger games tribute. Not sure yet.

Thomas Nix was one of my favorite draft picks last year. Because he was 22 and coming out of college almost fully developed, I put him in AA right away. He tore it up, hitting .335/.455/452 as a leadoff hitter for my AA team in 250 ABs in the first half of the season and he also added 19 SBs and pretty solid CF defense (got it up to a 60 positional). I moved him up to AAA where I wanted to get him some experience in LF and RF, but he got a concussion after about 2 weeks and was out for the rest of the season, but he hit .310/.403/.500 in 58 ABs in AAA so it seems like he might have been ready for the challenge. I hope he can recover from his concussion and develop his LF and RF(projected best position) because I'd love to have him ready to be the rigger's 4th outfielder by 2055. I think his SHB, speed, and defense should make him a valuable addition to the 25 man roster. At best I could see him becoming a starter but at worst he's going to be a very solid 4th.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I agree that he is basically WBL ready now, ratings wise, but he's still only 22 and has only pitched a single season of AAA so I'd rather not rush him. It seems like the guys I called up real early have been injured easily (Tremblett) or really struggled (Ramos). I'll probably call him up in September of 2055 at age 24 (so 2 seasons). I'm also set on starters at the moment so that's another reason why I don't want to add him to the payroll. If one of my starters ends up sucking next year, I'll probably call him up in September of 2054 instead.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
2053 Season Preview

Starting Pitchers:
Well, I was really hoping to sign BOYS in the off season to come in as the ACE pitcher, but I was Mongolloyded in that manuever. Thus, we have the same basic crew of Dave Meyer, Terry Morgan, Freddy Ramos, and Kadidou Idogbe returning. I also have Bill Tremblett finishing out his recovery and he'll be back ready for action in about 3-4 more weeks (1-2 sims left on the injury and then a couple sims in AAA for rehab). Tremblett's injury dropped him to 40 Stamina, so he might end up in the bullpen at some point. Tremblett, Rivera, and Wiseman all project better as bullpen arms to me (either because of lack of stamin or only having 2 good pitches), but are all capable of starting as well and I'll start one of them for the first half of the season for sure. I also picked up Rex Rowe on a one year contract (why not?) and he should be recovered from his injury by June and rehabbed by July so I'll have some flexibility to make a midseason swap if any of the starting pitchers are really struggling. Next year I'd like to add and ACE pitcher to the mix because I think Meyer, Morgan, and Ramos will form a nice 2,3,4 going forward.

Relief Pitchers:
Esteve Montes is back at closer and Tyrone Massey is back as setup man both have served me well for several seasons and I hope they keep it up. I bought out Daniel Saldana's team option after a second year in a row of rating drops and brought in Ed Mullins, a lefty with good stuff who never cracked the False Bay lineup. The graphic below shows him as a setup man, but I meant to make him middle relief (I like to set one closer and one setup and then set the rest to middle relief with different secondary roles). Francisco Garcia's ratings are still dropping slightly, but he's back for another year. Jesse Wiseman is in the pen to start the season as a long relief he is going to get a lot of innings and possibly move into the starting lineup if he's hot. I signed Donald Mason for a year because I wanted another left handed arm in the bullpen. His ratings dropped a lot, but I'm hoping he can give me one solid season in the rigger pen and hopefully get some revenge against @Lloyd Carr for fucking up my plans here.

I'm not super crazy about how the pitching turned out because Llloyd fucked up my plans, but we play in the Dyson Sphere and I should have one of the best fielding teams in the league again, so I'm pretty confident everything should shake out well enough.
22636199473_2696641368_b.jpg

Catcher:
Claudio Montes returns for another year. He should be solid defensively and provide us with a decent bat (hoping for .750-.800 OPS). I don't have a backup I love and I'm trying to get both of my HUNGER GAMES pickups some early action, so I'm currently playing without a backup catcher. Douglass Tagg will play there in an emergency (LAWD) and I'm evaluating 2 backup catchers in AAA and will promote the hottest one after about a month. Montes will bat in the #4 hole against LHP where he's shown he's great in previous years and then provide a nice solid #6-#8 bat agianst

DH: Mason Fazerlacky is the starter against RHP and HUNGER GAMES pickup Frank Parker is the starter against LHP. Mason is her on a ridiculously large $20M contract for one season, so hopefully he can play like he's worth that. I think Frank Parker should play well against LHP, giving Mason a rest against the pitching he's not as good against anyway, and then add additional pinch hitting power bat when he's not starting. It would be cool to save someone from death and have them win the hunger games! Mason will hit #4 against RHP and Parker will hit #6 or #7 against LHP

1B: Dani Rod is back and I expect him to play good defense again and hopefully hit as well or better than he did last season and be at least in the .750-800 OPS range. I've added HUNGER GAMES pick Larbi Mulogo to the mix as well and I'm doing a partial platoon here, as Larbi is a Lefty and Dani Rod is a righty so I'm alternating them starts against RHP for the first month of the season, with Dani Rod getting all the starts against LHP where it looks like Larbi's ratings aren't great... If Larbi gets hot, I'll keep him up because it is nice to have another good LHB for pinch hitting purposes. Mason Fazerlacky or Douglass Tagg can also play in a pinch. Dani Rod will be in the #6 or #7 slot against LHP (where he's very strong) and the #8 slot against RHP where he'll be my best looking #8 yet.

2B. Even though I have a good starter in Clement Launay, I picked up Pedro Chavez in free agency because the deal was too good to pass up. I've currently made him the starter to allow me to utilize Clement Launay's utility at being great at multiple positions (2B, SS, CF) and hopefully help Clement avoid the injuries he seems prone to. I may look to trade Pedro Chavez at some point if I can get good return on him because I don't really NEED him and his defense isn't up to rigger dream standards like Clement Launay's. Obviously Douglass Tag can pwn this position as well. Hopefully Pedro hits as well as he's shown he can in the past because having solid hitting all the way down in the #9 slot is pretty cool. Clement is a naturally good #9 or leadoff hitter as well, so there is no dropoff at all when he plays.

SS. We have Mulia Kusuma, coming off a solid season, holding down the SS spot and providing us a solid leadoff batter. The other bonus of adding Chavez to the roster is I can now avoid starting Mulia Kusuma against LHP, where he struggles at times. I slide over Clement Launay and he takes the starting SS and leadoff hitter spot against LHP. Douglass Tagg is waiting for someone to show a bad attitude so he can jump into the starting lineup and show his defensive prowess.

3B. Rafael Juarez is now starting the team friendly portion of his salary and should once again provide solid defense and a superior bat at the 3B position. His hitting ratings did drop a bit, and he's shown more of a propensity to strike out last year, so I slid him down to the #5 spot in the lineup against both RHP and LHP where he can still provide us with power but not hurt us so much with strikeouts. Douglass Tagg backing him up!

RF - Quintin Magnanti played well here last year so he gets another shot! Was +on defense and provided some good pop with his bat as well. Probably my least confident spot on the team but I've got Solano Lares and Lorenzo Castillo as other potential options if neccesary. Q will be batting 7th or 8th in the lineup to start and I feel like it is a sweet luxury to have a team deep enough to have a solid batter in that slot. Solano Lares will be getting some starts against LHP.

LF/CF - I view these positions as almost interchangeable due to my park factors, so Mason Brett will be playing CF against RHP and Julio Manuel will be playing CF against LHP. The player who isn't playing CF will then play LF since my LF tarmac of astro turf requires a player with good range as well. I'm doing this to keep Manuel's versatility to play CF intact if necessary and to ward off the effects of MS, lol. Mason Brett has yet to live up to his ratings as a hitter in the WBL but I'm really hoping this is the year he turns the corner and makes a great #2 hitter. He should be a . Julio Manuel has hit well the last two years and is back in the #3 slot, where I think he's a natural. Good solid all around hitter with the ability to hit for extra base hits and be a dangerous runner as well (until the MS gets him)! Clement Launay will be probably playing some CF/LF as backup as well and Solano Lares and Q Magnanti will get some time at LF. If Mason Brett doesn't live up to his hitting ratings, I'll move him to the #9 slot in the lineup and move Chavez or Launay

Overall I feel like this is the best team I've fielded yet. From a positional perspective, everyone should be at least neutral fielding and most of them should be + or ++ fielding. Good lineups against both LHP and RHP with solid leadoff guys with speed in the #9,#1, and #2 spots, a good #3 with speed, premium bats at #4, and #5 and then good solid .750+ OPS hitters at the #6-#8 spots as well. Then good backups and depth at every position other than catcher, and some powerful platoons and pinch hitters as well! I even have some decent borderline WBL players in AAA in case of injury.

23263315385_002508815a_b.jpg

22895378159_770aeb5411_o.jpg

All things considered, I figure the riggers will be in the 80-90 win range and be competitive for a playoff spot. If they get the DOUGLASS TAGG BONUS, I expect them to be on the upper end of that win range.

2053 Season Review

I predicted competitive for a playoff spot with 80-90 wins. Hit right in the middle of that range with 85 wins and finished 1 game out of the playoffs. A good season, and I'm really pleased with the team since I figured my starting pitching wouldn't be as good as I'd like since I lost out on the ACE pitcher I was seeking. From a long term organizational philosophy, I'd like to have the riggers be able to average 85-90 wins a season long term, so I'm on the low end of that range but still acceptable! As you go through you'll notice I give grades to each player based on their performance within their expected role.

++ means exceeded expectations of role on team
+ means met expectations of role on team
- means slightly underachieved expectations of role on team
-- means greatly underachieved expectation of role on team

Starting Pitching:
This went about as well as I expected it to. I knew I was missing a top end pitcher and I figured the early season would struggle while waiting for Bill Tremblett and Rex Rowe to recover from their injuries. I was worried one of my young pitchers might struggle as well, and hoped Jesse Wiseman would be able to fill in as well as he has the last few seasons if needed, and that's exactly what happened. Glad Jesse had another great season for me, otherwise things could have gotten ugly fast. Was hoping Rex Rowe and Bill Tremblett would provide a spark after the all start break, and they did to an extent, but not as much as I was hoping for. I think if I can add one more elite pitcher and have my last youngin turn the corner, I should have a really good crew here.

Dave Meyer (++) Had his second awesome season in a row, He's my ace for now and will likely continue to be my #1 or #2 pitcher for a long time. He really rose to the challenge of being the #1 pitcher this season. Tied for the league lead in wins with 18 and made the leaderboards in several other categories as well.

Jesse Wiseman (++) Started in the bullpen, and had to move in as a starter when one of my youngins struggled. As is tradition, he thrived in his starting role and is making his case for being the best 45 stuff (as a SP) pitcher of all time, IMO, his low HR numbers really seem to be the secret to his success, IMO. At worst he'll be in the bullpen as my emergency starter in case of injury, but I hope he can continue to outplay his ratings for years to come.

Terry Morgan (+) Had a rough season in 2052 so I was worried about him not living up to his ratings, but he started to turn the corner in 2053 and pitched a solid season with good ERA and WHIP numbers. He gave up 31 HRs this season, which is the main leak in his game so far. If he gets that under control he can be a really solid pitcher. Lead the team in innings pitched.

Kadidou Idogbe (+) DOG put up another workmanlike season. Stats weren't glamorous, but he did manage to put up 15 wins so he was definitely pitching well in spurts at least. I'd love to have him as my 5th SP

Freddy Ramos (--) Youngin and he really struggled at the start of the season, so after a couple months I had to put him in the bullpen and promote Wiseman. He did well in the bullpen and had a 2.4 ERA after the All star break, just didn't get enough innings there to bring his ERA back down after his rough start. At 25 years old, I'm confident he should turn the corner in the next season or two and become a quality starter.

Rex Rowe (-) Was on a one year contract to drive some fan interest and hopefully provide some leadership and a spark to the team when he came back after the all star break. Was serviceable but not as good as i was hoping for.

Bill Tremblett (-) Pitched well once he returned from injury, but then picked up another small knock. Pitched well again after returning from that injury but got injured for multiple months again. At this point he's either a RP (stamina dropped) or complete toast. I rehabbed him and put him on a pitch count and everything but he just can't stay healthy. His ratings are still good and he's young, so I might throw him into the HG mix and hope a change of scenery can give him a new start on life!

[xtable=skin1|796x258]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=180x@}Name{/td}
{td=40x@}W{/td}
{td=40x@}L{/td}
{td=40x@}SV{/td}
{td=40x@}ERA{/td}
{td=40x@}G{/td}
{td=40x@}GS{/td}
{td=40x@}IP ▴{/td}
{td=40x@}HA{/td}
{td=40x@}R{/td}
{td=40x@}ER{/td}
{td=40x@}HR{/td}
{td=40x@}BB{/td}
{td=40x@}K{/td}
{td=40x@}WHIP{/td}
{td=40x@}OAVG{/td}
{td=40x@}BABIP{/td}
{td=40x@}WAR{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Dave Meyer SP{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}2.86{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}208{/td}
{td}172{/td}
{td}72{/td}
{td}66{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}51{/td}
{td}183{/td}
{td}1.07{/td}
{td}0.226{/td}
{td}0.274{/td}
{td}5.3{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Jesse Wiseman RP{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}3.30{/td}
{td}43{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}177.1{/td}
{td}179{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}65{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}41{/td}
{td}92{/td}
{td}1.24{/td}
{td}0.263{/td}
{td}0.286{/td}
{td}3.1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Terry Morgan SP{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}3.61{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}214.2{/td}
{td}209{/td}
{td}95{/td}
{td}86{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}36{/td}
{td}136{/td}
{td}1.14{/td}
{td}0.252{/td}
{td}0.268{/td}
{td}2.9{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Kadidou Idogbe SP{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}4.53{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}30{/td}
{td}182.2{/td}
{td}187{/td}
{td}102{/td}
{td}92{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}36{/td}
{td}109{/td}
{td}1.22{/td}
{td}0.264{/td}
{td}0.285{/td}
{td}2.7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Freddy Ramos SP{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}5.03{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}13{/td}
{td}120{/td}
{td}142{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}67{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}26{/td}
{td}63{/td}
{td}1.40{/td}
{td}0.294{/td}
{td}0.305{/td}
{td}0.5{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Rex Rowe SP{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}4.76{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}92.2{/td}
{td}95{/td}
{td}52{/td}
{td}49{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}57{/td}
{td}1.28{/td}
{td}0.265{/td}
{td}0.274{/td}
{td}0.4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bill Tremblett SP{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}3.50{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}46.1{/td}
{td}38{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}1.21{/td}
{td}0.224{/td}
{td}0.231{/td}
{td}0.4{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
2053 Season Review

Relief Pitching:

My relief pitching wasn't as good as it normally is this season, and the big problem was having to switch closers mid-season for the first time. One of the free agents I picked up last year, Ed Mullins, had a great season while the other Donald Mason, started the season well and then really fell off down the stretch. I've still got a good core group coming back next year, but I'll probably bring in a couple new faces as well.

Ed Mullins (++) False Bay didn't really give him a chance because @jdlikewhoa is a HAVE. But I looked at his ratings and saw he should be a very good LOOGY upgrade for me at least, so I snagged him with a strange contract structure so I could keep him for $2M on a team option this season if he worked out. He did work out and had a really great season!

Tyrone Massey (++) had another great year as a setup man. He's 33 now and I've got him under team option for the next two years. I'll extend him this time and then see where he's at by the end of next season. He was definitely the rock of my relief pitchers this season, pitching 80 innings and really playing well all year.

Francisco Garcia (+) he's never really lived up to the super high potential he had when I first arrived at ND, but he's been a consistently solid RP for me, so I'm still happy with him. He took over closer duties and did well enough, though I wish his stuff was a bit better because he doesn't get as many strikeouts as I'd like. He'll be back next season and then should be on team option through the 2056 season.

Donald Mason (+) 1 year contract to see if he could provide me some value and bring in some fans! He started the year off really well and then died. Will not be back next season.

Esteve Montes (-) Usually my closer, but he just had a bad season this year closing and I eventually had to sub him out for Garcia. His strikeout numbers were still good, but he had the worst BABIP on the team this season for some reason, so hopefully he just had an unlucky year. I'm hoping he can be back to closing for me again next season! He's on team options through 2055. I'll renew him for next year to give him a chance to prove it was just bad luck this season.

David Johnson (+) Pitched most of the season in AAA before I called him up in September. He pitched well at both levels and he's only 27 years old so I signed him to a team friendly deal for the next 3 seasons hoping he becomes a nice solid piece of my RP puzzle in the next few years.

Jose Rivera (--) I picked up his option and gave him some starts before he really flamed out. Ended up on mop up duty and couldn't really put it together there either. I could sign him prior to arbitration if I really wanted to, but I think his time in North Dakota is up because I want this spot in my 25 man to make room for a new SP! In 4 years with ND he leaves with a winning record and was a solid pitcher for me while I was bringing along youngsters. Fare well, JOSE!

[xtable=skin1|738x184]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=142x@}Name{/td}
{td=33x@}W{/td}
{td=33x@}L{/td}
{td=33x@}SV{/td}
{td=33x@}ERA{/td}
{td=33x@}G{/td}
{td=33x@}GS{/td}
{td=33x@}IP ▴{/td}
{td=33x@}HA{/td}
{td=33x@}R{/td}
{td=33x@}ER{/td}
{td=33x@}HR{/td}
{td=33x@}BB{/td}
{td=33x@}K{/td}
{td=33x@}WHIP{/td}
{td=40x@}OAVG{/td}
{td=40x@}BABIP{/td}
{td=33x@}WAR{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Ed Mullins RP{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}2.07{/td}
{td}63{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}61{/td}
{td}44{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}53{/td}
{td}0.97{/td}
{td}0.204{/td}
{td}0.256{/td}
{td}1.3{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Tyrone Massey RP{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}2.59{/td}
{td}80{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}80{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}26{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td}52{/td}
{td}1.01{/td}
{td}0.229{/td}
{td}0.252{/td}
{td}1.2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Francisco García RP{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}3.73{/td}
{td}54{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}62{/td}
{td}36{/td}
{td}29{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{td}32{/td}
{td}56{/td}
{td}1.34{/td}
{td}0.237{/td}
{td}0.271{/td}
{td}0.4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Donald Mason RP{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}4.88{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}51.2{/td}
{td}56{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}37{/td}
{td}1.45{/td}
{td}0.281{/td}
{td}0.314{/td}
{td}0.4{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Esteve Montés RP{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}5.24{/td}
{td}64{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}79{/td}
{td}85{/td}
{td}47{/td}
{td}46{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td}34{/td}
{td}76{/td}
{td}1.51{/td}
{td}0.272{/td}
{td}0.326{/td}
{td}0.2{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}David Johnson RP{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}2.70{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}16.2{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}0.78{/td}
{td}0.175{/td}
{td}0.191{/td}
{td}0.1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}José Rivera RP{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}5.50{/td}
{td}38{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{td}88.1{/td}
{td}100{/td}
{td}60{/td}
{td}54{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}54{/td}
{td}1.44{/td}
{td}0.286{/td}
{td}0.294{/td}
{td}-0.4{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
2053 Season Review

Catchers and DH -
I'm lumping together Catchers and DH players because otherwise I wouldn't have enough to talk about. I think I had good play here from the starters but the backups and HG players didn't fare so well.

Mason Faz (+) Brought him back on a super high salary because I was in a non-IFA year had had the luxury to do so. He didn't play quite as well as I was hoping he would, but he still provided a nice bat from the DH position for me. I wish I could bring him back next season, but he just costs too much for the DH spot in a non-luxury year. I'll be looking to a younger, FA, or HG to fill the DH position, which is kind of a scary thought!

Claudio Montes (+) provided me with another solid year, but I was disappointed to see his defense slip a little this season and his average and OBP to dip as well. I'd like to see him playing + defense and hitting .750 again, so I think I need to do a better job of making sure he gets a little more rest. He didn't play as well as I was hoping he would, but he he played up to the general expectations I have for my starters. Montes is signed through 2056 so I've still got several more years with him as the starter.

Esteban Garcia (-) I did not expect much from my backup catcher, but this is probably the biggest value leak I have on my 25 man roster. I'd like to have a backup catcher who could provide solid value in one phase of the game at least. Garcia doesn't provide solid defense or solid hitting. I'll be looking to find someone in FA who brings more value to the 25 man roster, since having a backup catcher is necessary. Probably won't be back next season (might drop to AAA)

Frank Parker (--) was saved during the HG because he had really nice ratings against LHP. I was looking to make him my starting DH against LHP but he started the season horrible. Having a Platoon DH with one of the worst OPS ratings on the team is not acceptable, so he only got 47 ABs. Will not be back next season.

[xtable=skin1|50x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=159x@}Name{/td}
{td=40x@}G{/td}
{td=40x@}AB{/td}
{td=40x@}R{/td}
{td=40x@}H{/td}
{td=40x@}2B{/td}
{td=40x@}3B{/td}
{td=40x@}HR{/td}
{td=40x@}RBI{/td}
{td=40x@}TB{/td}
{td=40x@}BB{/td}
{td=40x@}K{/td}
{td=40x@}SB{/td}
{td=40x@}CS{/td}
{td=40x@}AVG{/td}
{td=40x@}OBP{/td}
{td=40x@}SLG{/td}
{td=40x@}OPS{/td}
{td=40x@}WAR ▴{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mason Fazackerley 1B{/td}
{td}126{/td}
{td}472{/td}
{td}64{/td}
{td}152{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}79{/td}
{td}235{/td}
{td}34{/td}
{td}96{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}0.322{/td}
{td}0.369{/td}
{td}0.498{/td}
{td}0.866{/td}
{td}2.7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Claudio Montés C{/td}
{td}143{/td}
{td}569{/td}
{td}70{/td}
{td}144{/td}
{td}36{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}88{/td}
{td}255{/td}
{td}32{/td}
{td}92{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0.253{/td}
{td}0.294{/td}
{td}0.448{/td}
{td}0.742{/td}
{td}2.6{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Esteban García C{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}83{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}32{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0.253{/td}
{td}0.276{/td}
{td}0.386{/td}
{td}0.661{/td}
{td}0.0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Frank Parker RF{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}47{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}13{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0.213{/td}
{td}0.302{/td}
{td}0.277{/td}
{td}0.578{/td}
{td}-0.2{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
2053 Season Review

Infielders
In previous years, the middle infield was one of the strengths of my team, but this season despite making what I thought was a good free agent aquisition, the middle infield became one of the biggest problem areas. Fortunately, DOUGLASS TAGG was there to plug that leak and provide exceptional value for a bench player! Generally I think the infielders provided good value but I'd like to see some of my key players step it up a notch again next season.

Rafael Juarez (++) He fell off a little bit form his 5 WAR seasons, due mostly to a very slow start, but he eventually worked his way back up to the level I expect out of him. Was really surprised to see his bat drop below the .800 OPS mark, but he played better defense than normal to make up for it. I need to tune his player instructions more apparently, because he's attempting too many steals. Got caught more than he stole, LAWD. He's on a team friendly deal for the next couple of seasons, which is good because I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do with the 3B position long term.

Dani Rodriguez (+) Had a cool end to the season, but once again provided solid defense and this time got his bat over the .800 OPS mark. His WAR was slightly lower this year, but that's partially due to the fact that he simply had less games and ABs as I was trying to work in a hunger games player and a rookie a little bit at the 1B spot this season. He's on an extremely team friendly deal through 2057 and I've got a young player challenging for some starting time, so it will be interesting to see what I decide to do with Dani Rod. At the very least, he'll be back for 2054!

Clement Launay (+) I was trying to not use Clement as a starter this season, because his utility to cover many positions and get on base well as a leadoff hitter is so nice. He ended up starting much of the season at either SS or 2B and playing well. His low batting average is tough to handle, but he walks so much that he ends up with a high OBP anyway. That .346 OBP and good stealing/base running make him a good leadoff hitter even if he doesn't have any contact ability or power. I had him all the way turnt up on stealing, but he still didn't attempt it as much as I'd like, given his quality SB/CS ratio. Hopefully he's a bit more aggressive in that regard next season. He's signed through 2056 and I'd love to use him as more of a platoon starter and utility guy in the future.

Douglass Tagg (++) Having a utility infielder put up any + value at all is great. Having them break the 1.0 WAR mark on the season is fantastic. Douglass saved my ass this season as a utility player since Clement was forced into the starting linuep. Douglass' bat is still fairly Loathsome, but he hit better than he has in previous years so he actually provided a bit of added value in that area, much to my surprise. His true strength is his defense and he once again played well at 2B, SS, and 3B. Then just being on the roster, he brings that unmatched value of LEADERSHIP in the DECADES OF DOMINANCE system. Douglass is currently signed through 2057, and he will die a rigger.

Pedro Chavez (-) I expect more out of a projected starter. He'd get hot for a bit then go really cold and I'd have to take him out of the lineup in favor of Douglass. If you are getting beat out by a Loathsome creature you need to do better. I've noticed that sometimes players struggle to adapt to a new team for a while, so I'm going to bring him back next year (team option) in hopes that he'll figure his shit out and get up into that 2 WAR range that I'd expect from a player of his ratings.

Roosevelt Gonzalez (+) Hit extremely well in AAA and I'm happy with his development, so he was called up in September to get his cup of coffee and hit .900 OPS from the 1B and DH spots and was +defense in the field at 1B. He'll be on the 25 man roster next season as a backup 1B and DH. If he plays as well as he did in his 74 ABs this season, he'll be a starter. If he has rookie struggles, then I'll still try to get him as many ABs as possible for development purposes. I'll look to extend him through his arb years when he hits the 1 year service mark.

Larbi Mulogo (+) Not the sexiest batting stats, would like to see him hit for more power, but he provided some value on the 25 man roster before I called up Gonzales. Having a backup 1B who can provide a decent extra pinch hitter bat means he served his purpose on the team. He'll be on the AAA roster next season as an extra WBL level bat available to be called up in case of injury.

Mulia Kusuma (--) The biggest disappointment of this season by far. He'd had 3 quality seasons in a row on NDR, including 3.3 WARS WON last season and he just completely fell in the trash early in the season. I anticipated using him as my leadoff or #2 hitter and he hit <.200 AVG and <.250 OBP through the all star break. He was so bad I had to send him down to AAA. He played well in AAA and I eventually brought him back up in September and he put together a solid month, so I'm not as upset about him as I was. I'm really hoping he can get back to being a solid WBL player again next season, because he's supposed to be the best SS on my roster! Guaranteed salary through 2056, so hopefully he gets his shit together next season!

[xtable=skin1|50x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=159x@}Name{/td}
{td=40x@}G{/td}
{td=40x@}AB{/td}
{td=40x@}R{/td}
{td=40x@}H{/td}
{td=40x@}2B{/td}
{td=40x@}3B{/td}
{td=40x@}HR{/td}
{td=40x@}RBI{/td}
{td=40x@}TB{/td}
{td=40x@}BB{/td}
{td=40x@}K{/td}
{td=40x@}SB{/td}
{td=40x@}CS{/td}
{td=40x@}AVG{/td}
{td=40x@}OBP{/td}
{td=40x@}SLG{/td}
{td=40x@}OPS{/td}
{td=40x@}WAR ▴{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Rafael Juárez 3B{/td}
{td}154{/td}
{td}580{/td}
{td}82{/td}
{td}156{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}72{/td}
{td}260{/td}
{td}54{/td}
{td}160{/td}
{td}13{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}0.269{/td}
{td}0.340{/td}
{td}0.448{/td}
{td}0.788{/td}
{td}3.6{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Dani Rodríguez 1B{/td}
{td}143{/td}
{td}506{/td}
{td}62{/td}
{td}143{/td}
{td}37{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}93{/td}
{td}236{/td}
{td}37{/td}
{td}112{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0.283{/td}
{td}0.336{/td}
{td}0.466{/td}
{td}0.802{/td}
{td}2.0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Clément Launay 2B{/td}
{td}129{/td}
{td}403{/td}
{td}58{/td}
{td}87{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}133{/td}
{td}81{/td}
{td}110{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}0.216{/td}
{td}0.346{/td}
{td}0.330{/td}
{td}0.676{/td}
{td}1.8{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Douglass Tagg SS{/td}
{td}87{/td}
{td}262{/td}
{td}33{/td}
{td}69{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}6{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}103{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}46{/td}
{td}8{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0.263{/td}
{td}0.293{/td}
{td}0.393{/td}
{td}0.687{/td}
{td}1.0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Pedro Chávez 2B{/td}
{td}109{/td}
{td}359{/td}
{td}32{/td}
{td}95{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}125{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}38{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0.265{/td}
{td}0.315{/td}
{td}0.348{/td}
{td}0.664{/td}
{td}0.7{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Roosevelt González 1B{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}74{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}37{/td}
{td}7{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0.338{/td}
{td}0.405{/td}
{td}0.500{/td}
{td}0.905{/td}
{td}0.5{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Larbi Mulogo 1B{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}110{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{td}32{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}12{/td}
{td}40{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}0.291{/td}
{td}0.358{/td}
{td}0.364{/td}
{td}0.721{/td}
{td}0.1{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Mulia Kusuma SS{/td}
{td}66{/td}
{td}203{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}42{/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}10{/td}
{td}54{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}16{/td}
{td}9{/td}
{td}0.207{/td}
{td}0.284{/td}
{td}0.266{/td}
{td}0.550{/td}
{td}-0.3{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
2053 Season Review

Outfielders
When I took over the team, this was my biggest problem area and I had to make 3 trades to help resolve it. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED (at least the starters). I've got a couple of good looking prospects in AA and AAA as well, so I'm feeling pretty good about this!

Mason Brett (++) HUGE breakout year for Brett and he looks like he's going to be an absolute terror with +CF defense and just perfect stats for the #2 spot in the lineup. I loved his high OBP and his stealing ability! He smashed the rigger stolen base record, putting up 66 this season and put up a ton of doubles as well. 5 WARS is just awesome. Will be around through at least the 2056 season!

Q Magnanti (++) another really pleasant breakout year. He played well in limited duty for the riggers last, so I decided to give him the start this season, but I was pretty nervous about it. He proceeded to put up one of the best power seasons on record for the DYSON SPHERE! His OPS was just under .900 which offset his subpar defense. As long as he keeps hitting well, RF is one of the spots where I can put up with less than stellar fielding! Signed him to a 5(2) contract this year, so he'll be around for a while.

Julio Manuel (+) Was hurt for a bit this season and needed some extra days off because of that MS, so his WAR was down slightly. He didn't hit as well as he did last season, but he made up for it by playing better defense at both the CF and LF positions. Has guaranteed contract through 2055 and then a couple of team option years through 2057. Hopefully his MS stays in check, because I'd love him to be a long term solution at one of my 3 OF spots!

Solano Lares (-) Ol' Solano wasn't getting on base as much as I'd like this season and his footspeed has dropped as well, so he's not doing as good a job picking up bases. His RF defense was + but his LF defense was - I'd say 4th outfielder is the second biggest leak on my 25 man roster right now, after backup catcher. He's not killing me or anything, but I'd like a 4th outfielder that can be better in all phases of the game (or at least be + in one phase). Solano probably has one year left as 4th OF because he's the right price and I doubt I could find anyone better value on the FA market, having looked it over.

Lorenzo Castillo (--) He's had a rough couple of years trying to gain traction in the WBL. He absolutely lit up AAA and my scout thinks he's better than OSA does (actually thinks he's better than Q). I called him up and gave him another shot this season and he shit his pants again. At 27 years old he's starting to get to the age where I'm thinking he might need a change of scenery if he's going to make it in this man's league. Possible hunger games tribute? He'd probably do really well in a bandbox type stadium.

[xtable=879x@]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=159x@}Name{/td}
{td=40x@}G{/td}
{td=40x@}AB{/td}
{td=40x@}R{/td}
{td=40x@}H{/td}
{td=40x@}2B{/td}
{td=40x@}3B{/td}
{td=40x@}HR{/td}
{td=40x@}RBI{/td}