• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Trade Wars Discussion

Lloyd Carr

I might not need him afterall. I might go with Carreto(sp?) and Frisby for a bit, then bring in Luong.

But Ill keep an open mind.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I hadn't looked at Durrach since last season and he can fill the backup role until he starts. I really need to watch my minors closer.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Been trying to get rid of those guys for a while, they were always going to be blocked so i wanted them to get a shot

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Want $1.8 rental MR Tacito Franchi? He can be yours for straight cash homie.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Kinda in the middle right now. IF you want rentals at LF, DH v LHP or 2B… I got them.

If you want guys who are signed through next year and good Townsend and Hung in my pen (NOTE: Hung has a 2.80 ERA as a RP his ERA is just high because he started in the rotation this year a bit). Kusama has a good ERA in the bullpen too.

I'm looking for long term guys at 2B/SS, SP. Also would be interested in rentals at C, SS.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I only have 7m for free agents though so I'd be like negative a billion incash for next offseason again

You have 30M in budget room, this is the only time that you can trade for a guy who makes more than a FA. Plus having him to compete with next season will make your team better and the better your team is the more money you make, the more money you make the more your owner will put in your pocket and your budget will increase.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ah found him, that wouldn't be fair at all :laughing:

Nah the guy I want is much less valuable than Campbell

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yankee doesn't have the room for him. His budget is going to keep dropping huge because he has crippling debt from tanking.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
That's why he needs to trade for him before the offseason
So you can bail him out again? :laughing:

He is already deep in the red. If he trades for him now he will be even further in the red with a much lower budget and a negative $40m balance to start the year. I don't see his budget going up for another 3 seasons, if he competes immediately.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So you can bail him out again? :laughing:

He is already deep in the red. If he trades for him now he will be even further in the red with a much lower budget and a negative $40m balance to start the year. I don't see his budget going up for another 3 seasons, if he competes immediately.

If he grabs Wong now and brings up the guys in AAA his budget will go up next year. And if he adds wong I don't think his budget will tank this year. I think he'd probably lose 10M at most, and he has 30M in budget space. He also is losing a big contract IIRC, so there is more room. I haven't bailed him out once actually, that was Kabul.

NML

Brown's an expiring contract who can kill righties for you this postseason. You clear up $40m in cap space over the next two years and a 4th rounder to help ur already ridiculous system.

We can take this to PM if you want, I just can't imagine anyone with 21m cap space who's trying to win now.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Well if I did grab him I don't know if my owner could drop my budget below my salary commitments. Maybe she could, in which case I would need to take a kindergarten math class because I don't understand anything.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah he is losing Bradcock or whatever at 8.9M. He needs to compete as fast as possible to get that cash back, and even going .450 with a $52M payroll is going to make a ton of money.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Brown's an expiring contract who can kill righties for you this postseason. You clear up $40m in cap space over the next two years and a 4th rounder to help ur already ridiculous system.

We can take this to PM if you want, I just can't imagine anyone with 21m cap space who's trying to win now.

Oh shit you were serious, no thanks

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Well if I did grab him I don't know if my owner could drop my budget below my salary commitments. Maybe she could, in which case I would need to take a kindergarten math class because I don't understand anything.

This, it would create a floor for your budget

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
If he grabs Wong now and brings up the guys in AAA his budget will go up next year. And if he adds wong I don't think his budget will tank this year. I think he'd probably lose 10M at most, and he has 30M in budget space. He also is losing a big contract IIRC, so there is more room. I haven't bailed him out once actually, that was Kabul.
He is already projected to lose $10m without Wong.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
My screen says I'm projected to gain 9m, which one is correct?

And am serious, I don't understand. If there is some weird voodoo going on where I'm the only one who sees I am going to make a profit by the end of the year then I should know so I can budget based on what other people see and not have -22m in cash every year if I can help it

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Yeah he is losing Bradcock or whatever at 8.9M. He needs to compete as fast as possible to get that cash back, and even going .450 with a $52M payroll is going to make a ton of money.
Not if you start a boatload in the red.