• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Trade Wars Discussion

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Obviously we just need some adderall sims, one where I get Wong and another where I don't and see what happens with each

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'm just setting the economic situation straight, he doesn't have to trade with me. I'll hold on to him and hit the next 5 shampships

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Plus what I'm asking is pretty even with him winning the trade from a value standpoint if you take our respective situations out of it. Maybe I'm crazy and Wong doesn't have any value though, NML did just offer me a 4th rounder for him being serious. That is amaze

jdlikewhoa

Plus what I'm asking is pretty even with him winning the trade from a value standpoint if you take our respective situations out of it. Maybe I'm crazy and Wong doesn't have any value though, NML did just offer me a 4th rounder for him being serious. That is amaze
I think I offered you a 2nd?

NML

He's got $50 million left on his contract. I think that eliminates a lot of people right away. Plus, if you are wanting to bring him in, you are probably trying to "win now" and who is trying to win with $20 million left in their budget? I mean, you could sign Orlando Montes for $6m as a free agent.

I happen to have a $16m player who is expandable and the future cap space to bring him in. I'll make it a third, but I can't see him getting you more than that.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
He's got $50 million left on his contract. I think that eliminates a lot of people right away. Plus, if you are wanting to bring him in, you are probably trying to "win now" and who is trying to win with $20 million left in their budget? I mean, you could sign Orlando Montes for $6m as a free agent.

I happen to have a $16m player who is expandable and the future cap space to bring him in. I'll make it a third, but I can't see him getting you more than that.

He is a top 5 pitcher in the league, I'd rather just keep him than get what a role player would get me. I just traded 2 AAAA guys for a 4th and you want to give me a 3rd for a top 5 pitcher? Amaze

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I'd give prospects + a 2nd if I had enough cap space. The problem is cap space for everyone. You could hold off until the FA season and teams would have more budget room.

NML

There's three teams with the cap space to take him (based on this year at least), and they are all rebuilding. I don't think a 30-year old with the 5th biggest contract in the league fits into a rebuild. You have to take salary back, and then someone is giving up a piece to help them win.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I'll just keep him if there isn't a market for him, I don't need the cap space. I don't think I'd ever actually offer a 4th for someone like him even as a joke haha

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
There's three teams with the cap space to take him (based on this year at least), and they are all rebuilding. I don't think a 30-year old with the 5th biggest contract in the league fits into a rebuild. You have to take salary back, and then someone is giving up a piece to help them win.

It does in yankee's situation, the guy I want might be too much and he may not want to do it but Wong fits into what he wants to do as long as he really wants to start competing next year.

NML

I mean I literally went through this exact thing this off season with Caine :laughing:

We had this same discussion and you told me how I couldn't get more than a 3rd for him.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I mean I literally went through this exact thing this off season with Caine :laughing:

We had this same discussion and you told me how I couldn't get more than a 3rd for him.

Wat. Caine is 38, Wong has 3-6 years of prime left depending on how he ages. You gotta just be trolling me :laughing:

NML

You could probably get a pitcher of similar quality this off season at a similar price - which is to say really high - and you don't have to give up anything.

This league hates big contracts and loves assets and youngsters. There's no market for him.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
You could probably get a pitcher of similar quality this off season at a similar price - which is to say really high - and you don't have to give up anything.

This league hates big contracts and loves assets and youngsters. There's no market for him.

Right so if there is no market I'll just keep him. You don't have to troll me with an offer of Henry Brown and a 4th to say you don't want him

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Are you not willing to send cash, or not able to? That's how you get good return for him.

NML

I assumed you wanted to clear some cap space, so I let you do that. Like $40 million over two years. I do want him, but I'm not gonna overpay either. I'd like to have him and I'm one of the few who can afford $20m a year for one player. Third rounder is a decent asset too. Plus you get Brown - who's expiring $15m is a asset itself and he's a great bat for the rest of this year.

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
You started off assuming he was trying to dump salary @NML. I don't think that was the case. OU's motivation is more assets not to clear salary.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I understand why it's a "hard cap" in the game but I wish there was some wiggle room. Like you go over but the next year your budget decreases a ton/if you're over you automatically go down to $2m scouting/you have to non-tender everyone/etc. Probably hard to program that into the game but the hard cap stuff is annoying.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I assumed you wanted to clear some cap space, so I let you do that. Like $40 million over two years. I do want him, but I'm not gonna overpay either. I'd like to have him and I'm one of the few who can afford $20m a year for one player. Third rounder is a decent asset too. Plus you get Brown - who's expiring $15m is a asset itself and he's a great bat for the rest of this year.

You are severely underpaying in that scenario. 3rd rounders are shit, I'll give you my 3rd for an ace in his prime next time you get one and I'll throw a terrible OF that costs 16M in because it is a great asset to have :laughing:

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
You are severely underpaying in that scenario. 3rd rounders are shit, I'll give you my 3rd for an ace in his prime next time you get one and I'll throw a terrible OF that costs 16M in because it is a great asset to have :laughing:
Gauntlet Threwn. Honestly you are all shortchangin, no one has topped my offer

NML

Quit bitching and take ur 2nd rounder. Ur gonna have to send him a ton of cash, but I can't think you'll get much better.

Don't get pissed at me for the market, I didn't set it. I tried to be a seller and it doesn't work for high priced players. So that's why I'll be a buyer from now until the next league.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Im not mad at you leach, im just telling you youre looney if you think you are making sense

NML

Okay brah, ur the one changing ur argument because ur a seller now. I've just realized want the market is and I've adjusted accordingly.

Gooksta

Ou doesn't want to trade with me.. Cuz if meet him in the championship. He don't want clinch and Wong and fazackerly winning one for KW

:p​

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Ou doesn't want to trade with me.. Cuz if meet him in the championship. He don't want clinch and Wong and fazackerly winning one for KW

:p

I have something in mind right now, if it doesn't work out you have a deal

NML

Those quotes have nothing to do with what they are trading for - it just you adjusting the value of picks depending on what side ur on

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Those quotes have nothing to do with what they are trading for - it just you adjusting the value of picks depending on what side ur on

3rd rounders are shit, you can get lucky. Of course a good salesman talks different about things depending on the side they are on. Lemme get ur aces for 3rds tho