• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

New League Discussion

jdlikewhoa

Also, it’s unfortunate that Wooly went so far HAM with his cheating because now nobody will listen to him about others’ cheating now.

jdlikewhoa

I can’t believe @hayvis is this disgruntled about trading when he hasn’t even been through a trade negotiation with @doh yet. Though by Travis’ account their trade styles may be complementary

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I don’t even need to know his offer to know I can beat it. But let me look at what I have in the way of GOAT American prospects.

It's complicated as he wants to dump salary too, and NML becomes a third party. He's offering me three prospects. I would like to send Beacher your way too if I can do it. Would like a draft pick, a (preferably pitching) prospect and to send you Beacher.

jdlikewhoa

It's complicated as he wants to dump salary too, and NML becomes a third party. He's offering me three prospects. I would like to send Beacher your way too if I can do it. Would like a draft pick, a (preferably pitching) prospect and to send you Beacher.
I’ll take a look when I get to work. On the way now. I can take on salary. I have like $40m in budget room

jdlikewhoa

Do we get Wolfman back in a new league too? So many villains.

Also as a serial tanker I definitely like the intrigue a lottery brings. I mean is there a better offseason than the NBA offseason?

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
I recuse myself from the vets committee, I don’t know enough about OOTP now to make any kind of informed decision so I’ll be fine with whatever you’ll come up with. Just make sure the economics and overall league talent don’t go nuts either way and it’ll be fine

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
The dumbest thing about the “we need to colonize Mars so we have somewhere to live when we ruin this planet” argument is if we can find ways to sustain life on Mars then we can likely sustain life on a fucked up Earth
Its not about ruining this planet, but preventing asteroids/nukes etc.

jdlikewhoa

Offer sent. Leggo

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Doh and Quale are definitely the easiest. You were for a while yankee because you’d just give me your best prospects for 32 year old all stars

jdlikewhoa

Quale and Yankee are the best. Quale for ease of trade and Yankee for fleecability.

Doh is the guy who wants to give you 4 AAAA guys for a 10 WAR team controlled player and then just when you think you’re done negotiating he’ll tack on draft picks to send him

Orlando

Utopia Moderator
Quale and Yankee are the best. Quale for ease of trade and Yankee for fleecability.
In general you are great to trade with. Whatever trades get done easily. Your build style also is tank and then go all in, so you aren’t afraid to give up pieces to get a GOAT like Naka and Campbell. I probably won those trades, but you normally won ships as a result. Also Naz was a result and Borg cult hero.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I don' think the complaint is about regular season teams losing from my end. The issue is when there's no difference between finishing 1st and 4th, teams stop caring sooner.
I like the idea of more teams making the playoffs. Right now I’m basically DOA, but if we had a top 6 format, maybe best of 3 for 3 vs6 and 4 vs 5, with 1 and 2 getting byes, it might keeps hanging in longer

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I like the idea of more teams making the playoffs. Right now I’m basically DOA, but if we had a top 6 format, maybe best of 3 for 3 vs6 and 4 vs 5, with 1 and 2 getting byes, it might keeps hanging in longer
I like that. Or just make it a ladder like this:

Lamb Round: 6 v 5 winner takes on 4, winner of that game vs 3 seed. All one game playoffs.
Divisional Round: Lamb Round winner vs 2 seed in Best of 5
LCS: 1 seed vs. Divisional Round winner in Best of 7

Only one team misses the playoffs but there's an advantage with each successive seed. Can you imagine a 56 win 6-seed makes it all the way to the Divisional Round or LCS?

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi

Doh is the guy who wants to give you 4 AAAA guys for a 10 WAR team controlled player and then just when you think you’re done negotiating he’ll tack on draft picks to send him
No I just traded a 1st and two good prospects for a guy in a walk year.

I would bet I've done by a large margin the most trades in the league. Just include cock/weiner/cum in the message and it's a DONE DEAL.

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
I like that. Or just make it a ladder like this:

Lamb Round: 6 v 5 winner takes on 4, winner of that game vs 3 seed. All one game playoffs.
Divisional Round: Lamb Round winner vs 2 seed in Best of 5
LCS: 1 seed vs. Divisional Round winner in Best of 7

Only one team misses the playoffs but there's an advantage with each successive seed. Can you imagine a 56 win 6-seed makes it all the way to the Divisional Round or LCS?
It would be interesting. Then again I didn't realize I was only 4 games out of the 2 seed as we stand right now.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Live drafting with otto as the only backup option? Do you guys have no lives?

How is Discord different from a draft site? Are we in a voice chat like a bunch of mongolloyds?

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
440.gif

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here are some great gimmicks that could start the cookies baking!

In order to replace IFA, with something that will help HAVE NOTS more, we should make a system similar to a beefed up RULE 5 DRAFT where you can place CLAIMS on people's minor league players if they are being abused (do simulation players have rights?) The abusing manager must either move the player to the proper team or relinquish them. All claims would be handled in a CLAIM thread that is sort of like the TRADES thread.

-Any player 24 or older on A roster may be claimed (Manager must move them to AA or AAA to keep them).
-Any player 25 or older on AA roster may be claimed (Manager must move them to AAA to keep them).
-Any player 26 or older or with 6 or more years of pro service may be claimed from any level of the minors (Manager must move them to 25 man to keep them). The team claiming them places them directly on their 25 man roster for the rest of the season or they must send them back. This might seem controversial, but it would keep teams from stockpiling DEPTH players that could be on the 25 man roster for a HAVE NOT.

We could also have an ENHANCED HUNGER GAMES DRAFT where Playoff teams can choose to donate prospects to the HUNGER GAMES DRAFT for non playoff teams. In order to encourage quality donations, performance based compensatory draft picks (4th-2nd round) may be rewarded to the playoff teams if a player they donated exceeds certain performance thresholds. So that this isn't a pain on the Os, the person who donates the player will have to track the performance (put player on short list) and make a claim for their compensatory pick.

jdlikewhoa

Here are some great gimmicks that could start the cookies baking!

In order to replace IFA, with something that will help HAVE NOTS more, we should make a system similar to a beefed up RULE 5 DRAFT where you can place CLAIMS on people's minor league players if they are being abused (do simulation players have rights?) The abusing manager must either move the player to the proper team or relinquish them. All claims would be handled in a CLAIM thread that is sort of like the TRADES thread.

-Any player 24 or older on A roster may be claimed (Manager must move them to AA or AAA to keep them).
-Any player 25 or older on AA roster may be claimed (Manager must move them to AAA to keep them).
-Any player 26 or older or with 6 or more years of pro service may be claimed from any level of the minors (Manager must move them to 25 man to keep them). The team claiming them places them directly on their 25 man roster for the rest of the season or they must send them back. This might seem controversial, but it would keep teams from stockpiling DEPTH players that could be on the 25 man roster for a HAVE NOT.

We could also have an ENHANCED HUNGER GAMES DRAFT where Playoff teams can choose to donate prospects to the HUNGER GAMES DRAFT for non playoff teams. In order to encourage quality donations, performance based compensatory draft picks (4th-2nd round) may be rewarded to the playoff teams if a player they donated exceeds certain performance thresholds. So that this isn't a pain on the Os, the person who donates the player will have to track the performance (put player on short list) and make a claim for their compensatory pick.

No

No

No

NEXT

jdlikewhoa

Well the Gauntlet Threwn draft is self policing, since whoever makes the claim is watching in the first place.
I guess it’s a good way to debate to a no decision for five pages every time someone tries to claim and alleged abused player

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I would like more live events like a game of the week (suitable for my time zone). Yankee could commentate.

Reactions: NML