• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

New League Discussion

Wooly

During his probation, all of Wooly's draft picks go to Reel's organization due to Wooly tarnishing the Crawdad/Tanner legacy!
I'm sorry, but that is one of the dumbest shows of all time, which is saying a lot for a sitcom. I don't get your obsession, but I wasn't going to run a team with that name.

@Orlando your logo design was actually nice, but the colors were just terrible. I couldn't keep them, even if I stayed in SF. I blame Zach for the colors.

ZackMills

Have mercy
I'm sorry, but that is one of the dumbest shows of all time, which is saying a lot for a sitcom. I don't get your obsession, but I wasn't going to run a team with that name.

@Orlando your logo design was actually nice, but the colors were just terrible. I couldn't keep them, even if I stayed in SF. I blame Zach for the colors.

If only you got championship banners for having the best painting logo in the league...

jdlikewhoa

How's it going my friends? Thanks for tagging me.

tenor.gif

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I don't really agree with killing IFA. To add what I mentioned to you in PMs, NML... I don't think eliminating ways for HAVES to spend money helps the HAVE NOTS. But I love IFA so maybe I'm based.
I agree. It's not a money/financials in the game issue. The financials in the previous league were screwed. Now they're good.

We've also all gotten way better with finances. The horrific contracts that used to flood the league are mostly gone. There aren't guys to CUM dump.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Notably absent from this discussion is our current BRAVE O @Karl Hungus who has been giving us most of the daily sims for the past few seasons. I understand @NML is excited AF about new possibilities, but Karl has been a consistent simmer who has kept the leave alive when a lot of people were ready for it to die. @NML decided to leave recently, so I guess I value Karl's input more than NML's excitement.

As long as NML's sim forward idea works for Karl, it works for me, That's the stance I have at this point!

Wooly

I can’t believe I created wooly with my negligence.
To be fair, your cheating did push me push me out of the league, if that makes you feel better. Plus, I wasn't editing players with the nigtly sim until someone else showed me how, so it wasn't really your negligence either.

NML

Notably absent from this discussion is our current BRAVE O @Karl Hungus who has been giving us most of the daily sims for the past few seasons. I understand @NML is excited AF about new possibilities, but Karl has been a consistent simmer who has kept the leave alive when a lot of people were ready for it to die. @NML decided to leave recently, so I guess I value Karl's input more than NML's excitement.

As long as NML's sim forward idea works for Karl, it works for me, That's the stance I have at this point!

I sent him a couple PMs, but yeah I pretty much agree with all of this

I only offered to do all this O-ing since it’s a lot of work and I don’t think it’s fair of me to ask for all of this from someone else

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If trading gets sorted out then that's most of the problem. It's fine to have a limited budget, as long as you feel you can trade your assets, and can bring players through and get something for them if you can't afford them when they mature. The game at the moment is only rewarding tank and draft as a solution for the have nots. I went in thinking I could accumulate by having a middling team that wheeled and dealed to be competitive during a rebuild. The reality is that I kept players I now can't afford, and the only solution is to get rid of them and tank. I could try to twist the budget, and trade future picks to scrape a playoff team, but that could just stick me further in a hole.

People are coming round to trading with me (partly out of sympathy), and I know it shouldn't be easy, but when you have really good players, it shouldn't be THIS hard. As others have said it's also the best part of the game. It's also the most fun and rewarding way to run a low budget team, and gives you a sense of achievement when not competitive. Yankee's tank tank tank doesn't seem so much fun to me. It would also be far more realistic. If I could get real world value for any of my best assets, I would be instantly fixed.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
If trading gets sorted out then that's most of the problem. It's fine to have a limited budget, as long as you feel you can trade your assets, and can bring players through and get something for them if you can't afford them when they mature. The game at the moment is only rewarding tank and draft as a solution for the have nots. I went in thinking I could accumulate by having a middling team that wheeled and dealed to be competitive during a rebuild. The reality is that I kept players I now can't afford, and the only solution is to get rid of them and tank. I could try to twist the budget, and trade future picks to scrape a playoff team, but that could just stick me further in a hole.

People are coming round to trading with me (partly out of sympathy), and I know it shouldn't be easy, but when you have really good players, it shouldn't be THIS hard. As others have said it's also the best part of the game. It's also the most fun and rewarding way to run a low budget team, and gives you a sense of achievement when not competitive. Yankee's tank tank tank doesn't seem so much fun to me. It would also be far more realistic. If I could get real world value for any of my best assets, I would be instantly fixed.
I'll just note that me hard tanking is actually just an old meme, both Fortaleza and Buffalo are being/were built with a combo of factors but I no longer believe losing 110 games is necessary. I'll explain more when I write a guide

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
I don't think tanking is a big problem at all. I don't see anything wrong with not trying to win when you aren't trying to win

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By

This isn't true.

Trading is an issue because we don't have enough active owners.

There are tons of ways to build teams. I tank and rebuild because I enjoy drafting. It is not remotely the best way to run a team. Look at @Orlando @doh and @Travis7401 if you want to run a good team.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I don't think tanking is a big problem at all. I don't see anything wrong with not trying to win when you aren't trying to win

It's not so much that tanking is a problem, but that being able to trade and trade well should be part of a rebuild, and at the moment its not a value added part of the game. It's a problem.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I'll just note that me hard tanking is actually just an old meme, both Fortaleza and Buffalo are being/were built with a combo of factors but I no longer believe losing 110 games is necessary. I'll explain more when I write a guide

I've seen the way you run Fortleza and it doesn't seem a whole lot of fun to me to me. I would like to see more action and interaction with other teams - which would promote more discussion to boot. It's always fun to rip off a big gun, and that's not happening like it does in reality.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I've run them. Do a good job and your budget goes up.

It's like ground hog day. You're not understanding me. I'm not saying it's impossible to build a team, I'm saying that the fun is massively hampered unless you're a stat head who likes playing the game on your own. It should be fun to increase the market of your team. At the moment it's not. If I can't trade my way up (I am desperately trying), then it's not as much fun.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
I like drafting a lot, and filling holes in creative ways is fun to me. It's also less pressure on the WBL team to know I have a few years while my prospects develop and I can try out some lesser names and see if they stick. I'd never try out a Byron Greer or Cade Carter otherwise (just two random players otto left me with). I understand it's not for everyone but it is an option for those who like FA and the draft

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
I like drafting a lot, and filling holes in creative ways is fun to me. It's also less pressure on the WBL team to know I have a few years while my prospects develop and I can try out some lesser names and see if they stick. I'd never try out a Byron Greer or Cade Carter otherwise (just two random players otto left me with). I understand it's not for everyone but it is an option for those who like FA and the draft

As I said before to me to me this is a method of play which is going to be fun for you, travis and a lot of the die hards, but not so much for people newer to the game and not so autistic. I'm not going to leave the game or anything, I'm just saying that trading my way up is more fun for me.

Trading is broken. I always hear there's not enough players. If a new league brings more players, then I'm in. I'm also not convinced it's the only way to make a difference.

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
It's really not rocket science to understand what I'm saying. Trading is broke dick for whatever reason. Please can we make it a priority to fix this as I find it more fun than stat banging.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
To be fair, your cheating did push me push me out of the league, if that makes you feel better. Plus, I wasn't editing players with the nigtly sim until someone else showed me how, so it wasn't really your negligence either.

To be fair, I didn’t cheat. If you actually saw me doing it you’d have taken screenshots so if you ever got caught you could say what you’re saying now with a degree of credibility. I’ve long told you to tell me how I did it so I’d know but you still haven’t. So we can agree to disagree until you have proof.

NML

Trading will be better with more owners. The issue you have right now hayvis is that people can fill their gaps with free agents so there’s no reason to trade.

I agree with hayvis too that while a lot of the baseball people like the slow grind, other people don’t and want quicker turn arounds. Both are fine and should be accessible

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Trading will happen more with more owners, but quick turn arounds through wheeling and dealing are not super quick even then, ultimately you will have to wait for prospects even if it's just drafting all college 22 year olds. There's only so many assets you have to give even with picks involved. That said if you want to trade to trade and that's what gets ur rocks off then go for it

NML

Quick turn arounds are possible when teams tank, but we don’t have any of those owners currently

hayvis

Will-Gnome Member
If Ican get what I want in a trade I can do a quick turnaround and start challenging for 5th place again.

Soonerfan09

No trading draft picks, stats only (no ratings), and minors down to A- at least. All will improve trading of players.

Last edited: