• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Major League Soccer Thread

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
28 maybe 10 years down the road makes sense. 28 right now would just be over-expansion without the domestic player pool to support it. I was hoping Miami would fail so that (among many other reasons) Sacramento might get the last spot, but we should stop there and integrate the teams a bit.

Also would be nice if they would focus on bringing up NASL or USL teams with support rather than creating shit out of thin air with no fanbase (looking at you NYCFC, Miami, Atlanta, etc.). And then focus on markets that aren't diluted by having 3-4 other pro teams...figure something out in Vegas, go get Cincinnati (billionaire owner wants a team) with just 2 pro teams, that sort of thing. Fighting for Detroit and other markets that are probably over-invested in pro sports doesn't make as much sense as being the only or one of 1 or 2 other games in town. There's a reason some of the best MLS markets are Portland, Columbus, Orlando, Salt Lake City, even Kansas City with no NBA or NHL. Sacramento fits that model to a T.

Rochester, NY would be a decent place too. The Rhinos have drawn well for a long time.

Renegade

Charge on!
Rochester, NY would be a decent place too. The Rhinos have drawn well for a long time.

Yeah, the Rhinos have been good, but I think any market considered still has to be worthwhile TV wise. Rochester is the 76th largest TV market in the country sandwiched between Springfield MO and Toledo. It's actually smaller than Green Bay.

The largest markets with no major league sports are: Hartford (30), Greenville SC (37), West Palm Beach (38...technically), Las Vegas (39), Grand Rapids (41), Norfolk (42)...

The largest markets with just 2 or 1 other professional sports teams and no MLS are Sacramento (20), Raleigh (25), Baltimore (26), Indianapolis (27), San Diego (28), and Nashville (29).

Last edited:

BIG EVIL

America's Finest
Once the Chargers leave, San Diego is most likely gonna get a team from what I've heard. Already got an architect working on the stadium design apparently.

goblue96

Yeah, the Rhinos have been good, but I think any market considered still has to be worthwhile TV wise. Rochester is the 76th largest TV market in the country sandwiched between Springfield MO and Toledo. It's actually smaller than Green Bay.

The largest markets with no major league sports are: Hartford (30), Greenville SC (37), West Palm Beach (38...technically), Las Vegas (39), Grand Rapids (41), Norfolk (42)...

The largest markets with just 2 or 1 other professional sports teams and no MLS are Sacramento (20), Raleigh (25), Baltimore (26), Indianapolis (27), San Diego (28), and Nashville (29).

Where does Buffalo rank? Combine the two markets are brand it "western ny"

Renegade

Charge on!
Once the Chargers leave, San Diego is most likely gonna get a team from what I've heard. Already got an architect working on the stadium design apparently.

I saw something the other day that they hope to team with SDSU on a stadium, though I think just like Beckham in Miami, the size of an MLS stadium is much smaller than what a decent CFB program needs.

SDSU averaged 32k last year...might be in the MLS neighborhood, but I doubt they'd go any larger.

Renegade

Charge on!
Where does Buffalo rank? Combine the two markets are brand it "western ny"

Buffalo is 53. If you combine the TV population, it's 987k TV households. That's 30th, ahead of Hartford/New Haven but behind Nashville. I just don't think you can base a team in Rochester...are there enough people with enough money to sell 20k tickets to a pro sports team at those prices? Enough businesses for big club and suite sales as well as sponsorships?

Buffalo might be able to pull that off, but I'm betting that Buffalo is tapped out between the Bills and Sabers.

Snorky's Shame

Also would be nice if they would focus on bringing up NASL or USL teams with support rather than creating shit out of thin air with no fanbase (looking at you NYCFC, Miami, Atlanta, etc.). And then focus on markets that aren't diluted by having 3-4 other pro teams...figure something out in Vegas, go get Cincinnati (billionaire owner wants a team) with just 2 pro teams, that sort of thing. Fighting for Detroit and other markets that are probably over-invested in pro sports doesn't make as much sense as being the only or one of 1 or 2 other games in town. There's a reason some of the best MLS markets are Portland, Columbus, Orlando, Salt Lake City, even Kansas City with no NBA or NHL. Sacramento fits that model to a T.

There isn't much correlation between USL/NASL support and future MLS success. Let's look at the recent MLS expansion cities from 2007:

Toronto: Atrocious support for the Lynx in D2, yet Toronto FC has been a success
Seattle: A-League Sounders weren't supported that well, Sounders in MLS are one of the glamour franchises in the league
Philadelphia: No team to speak of kind of like New York City, Atlanta and Miami. Decent support considering the front office shit show
Portland: Great support in D2 and MLS
Vancouver: Decent support in D2, great support in MLS
Montreal: Great support in D2, shaky support in MLS. Montreal is just as flaky a sports town as Atlanta and Miami.
New York City: Cosmos not supported that well, great support so far in MLS
Orlando: Great support in USL and MLS. Want to see how support looks like after a few down years but I suppose that be said for Seattle, New York City and others as well

Major league cities do not support minor league sports well at all so using the minor league support barometer just doesn't work (see Seattle and Toronto). The new San Francisco NASL team will be finding this out the hard way.

Las Vegas is intriguing but it's a very tourist-based economy where a good amount of the workforce don't work typical 9-to-5 jobs. Will traveling fans make up for a loss of local support? Hard to tell.

Cincinnati only has two teams but the market is over-saturated. There isn't a lot of money in Cincinnati and there isn't a lot of MLS' target demographic in Cincinnati either.

Columbus and Kansas City have had attendance problems in the past so I would not put them in the group with Portland, Orlando and Salt Lake. Winning cures a lot of ills.

Leagues go where the money is. There are, IMO, 13 key markets a North American league needs to be in: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, the Beltway, Bay Area, Boston, Philadelphia, the Metroplex, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle and Toronto. Those markets have an excellent corporate base with the amount of disposable income to match. Sacramento has some corporate money but not close to the level of the cities I've listed.

And if you don't think that markets and star power matter, take a look at MLS Cup ratings the past three years. Not shocking that Kansas City-Salt Lake and Columbus-Portland were two of the lowest rated MLS Cup in recent memory.

I remember when Rochester was every MLS fan's pick for expansion. It wasn't viable 15 years ago, it's not viable now.

Oklahoma City or Tulsa would be solid options down the road.

Looking forward to the inevitable shit show Rayo Oklahoma City will be.

Buffalo is 53. If you combine the TV population, it's 987k TV households. That's 30th, ahead of Hartford/New Haven but behind Nashville. I just don't think you can base a team in Rochester...are there enough people with enough money to sell 20k tickets to a pro sports team at those prices? Enough businesses for big club and suite sales as well as sponsorships?

Buffalo might be able to pull that off, but I'm betting that Buffalo is tapped out between the Bills and Sabers.

I wonder to myself how the hell Buffalo will afford to build a new stadium for the Bills. Same thing with St. Louis and the Rams.

Renegade

Charge on!
Leagues go where the money is. There are, IMO, 13 key markets a North American league needs to be in: New York City, Los Angeles, Chicago, the Beltway, Bay Area, Boston, Philadelphia, the Metroplex, Houston, Miami, Atlanta, Seattle and Toronto. Those markets have an excellent corporate base with the amount of disposable income to match. Sacramento has some corporate money but not close to the level of the cities I've listed.

I would add Denver and Detroit to your list. I'm not sure MLS needs to go to Detroit, but you can't see the other leagues abandoning it.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Pissed. Am pissed. Ashley Cole, that son of a bitch that slammed MLS in 2014, is signing with the Galaxy. Guy's gonna have to redeem himself for that bull next year by being MLS First XI material in 2016. Open Letter on Stoppage Time drafted and up for review. #therewillbehaters but #fuckthehaters.

Snorky's Shame

Pissed. Am pissed. Ashley Cole, that son of a bitch that slammed MLS in 2014, is signing with the Galaxy. Guy's gonna have to redeem himself for that bull next year by being MLS First XI material in 2016. Open Letter on Stoppage Time drafted and up for review. #therewillbehaters but #fuckthehaters.

2016 Los Angeles Galaxy: Under 30 need not apply.

At least you're getting Magee back...

Take a look at the Union-Nowak lawsuit if you have time. Just incredible what Nowak was doing there. Despite it all, he'll still be a diety to a lot of mouth breathing Fire fans.

Snorky's Shame

Per L'equipe, Didier Drogba has retired.

Kind of glad the Fire didn't get him now although I wasn't too disappointed missing out on him to begin with.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia

Take a look at the Union-Nowak lawsuit if you have time. Just incredible what Nowak was doing there. Despite it all, he'll still be a diety to a lot of mouth breathing Fire fans.
#TFTI

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I saw something about that SF NASL team getting a stadium in downtown SF...? Wat
No way. Zero chance. I don't even think there's a NASL team. There was a team that played in Kezar that was PDL or something. Especially now with the Burlingame team I don't think there'll be a SF NASL team.

DanishDonut0

Maybe this was the linking I was guided to? http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/12/04/san-francisco-nasl-team-announcement

I can't remember where I saw it. Other websites seem to say it's up in the air. I don't understand why they would get an NASL team downtown. MLS would be dope of course but people couldn't even figure out shit for the 49ers (a much different scenario of course). I think it would be awesome to have a team playing in Kezar. I would definitely go those games if I still lived there (was just across the panhandle), but I don't how much traction it would pick up. There are probably enough smug soccer hipsters though.

goblue96

For those not interested in reading 200 pages detailing the lawsuit, here's the bullet points (courtesy of The Brotherly Game):

And by the time it was all finished, we learned that the Philadelphia Union - at least until Nowak was fired - was a hellish nightmare for the players run by a dictator who ruled through fear and abuse. Among the thing that were alleged in sworn testimony:
  • Union players were forced to run 10-12 miles in 80° F weather with no water
  • Nowak didn't believe in concussions and would call players "pussies" if they didn't play with one
  • An unnamed player (believed to be Danny Califf) was traded shortly after going to the MLS Player's Union to complain about abuses
  • Nowak violated MLS CBA rules by playing trialists and Academy players in friendlies
  • The Union paid US Soccer $75,000 to buy out Nowak's contract
  • The Union then signed him to a five year contract
  • And then in 2011 increased his salary, agreeing to pay him $1.5 million through the end of his contract
  • While still employed with the Union, Nowak applied for other club coaching positions in Europe - specifically Scotland - and the United Arab Emirates
  • He also applied to manage the Polish National Team
  • In one bizarre twist, Nowak got Shep Messing to contact Sunil Gulati after the United States was eliminated from the 2010 World Cup and tell Gulati to hire Nowak for the USMNT manager position
  • Nowak tried to convince Veljko Paunovic - now head coach of the Chicago Fire - to come with him to manage abroad
  • Nowak told Paunovic to email him at his personal email address so that in the event the Union seized his computer, he'd have all of the information
  • When testifying, Shep Messing had the following quote from Nowak "I have to get the hell out of Philadelphia. These guys are stupid. They don't know what they're doing and they're broke. They have no money."
  • Messing also quoted Nowak as saying "Nick Sakiewicz doesn't have a fucking clue" and that "They don't know what they're doing. They have no money."
  • Nowak conducted hazing of players, including spanking players to the point where Nowak needed a bucket of ice to dip his hand in
  • If the Union had not fired Nowak, the MLS Players Union (MLSPU) was prepared to strike
  • Nowak owes over $100k to the Union for loans and advances
  • Since the Union players were so afraid of retaliation for cooperating with the MLSPU, the league put in a Confidentiality Agreement for only the second time in MLS history. The only other time? When they were investigating D.C. United - who was managed at the time by Peter Nowak
  • While with D.C., Nowak gave Shep Messing an MLS Championship ring for being "an advisor"
  • Nowak claims the Union "had not - and could not - pay its required franchise fee"
  • Nowak also claims to have "received a text message from Mr. Sakiewicz, after one of the games, that he (a player whose name was redacted) cost us the the game and we have to do something about it."
  • Nowak claims that (former Union President) Tom Veit and Nick Sakiewicz approved of the hazing, and that (ex-Union coach) Rob Vartughian and John Hackworth - now the US U17 coach - videotaped the hazing incidents

doh

Maybe this was the linking I was guided to? http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2015/12/04/san-francisco-nasl-team-announcement

I can't remember where I saw it. Other websites seem to say it's up in the air. I don't understand why they would get an NASL team downtown. MLS would be dope of course but people couldn't even figure out shit for the 49ers (a much different scenario of course). I think it would be awesome to have a team playing in Kezar. I would definitely go those games if I still lived there (was just across the panhandle), but I don't how much traction it would pick up. There are probably enough smug soccer hipsters though.
Oh wow... Never saw that. Have seen old stuff about NASL teams coming to SF. Yeah teams have played in Kezar. I believe the Quakes used to play US Open Cup matches there. The San Francisco Seals played there until I think they ceased operations once the Quakes came back (and their support group 1906 or whatever joined with the 'Ultras'). It's not a bad spot I think the only issue is it is kinda out there from lots of the city.

The shittiest possible stadium downtown would cost $50m in land alone. I also can't think of anywhere they could build the stadium. Maybe build it near the Warriors new stadium? But that's not really downtown.

My girlfriend lives right near the panhandle :laughing:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
"go back to jersey, sonny. this is the city of the angels, and you haven't got any wings."

iZMkr5x.png

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
For those not interested in reading 200 pages detailing the lawsuit, here's the bullet points (courtesy of The Brotherly Game):

And by the time it was all finished, we learned that the Philadelphia Union - at least until Nowak was fired - was a hellish nightmare for the players run by a dictator who ruled through fear and abuse. Among the thing that were alleged in sworn testimony:
  • Union players were forced to run 10-12 miles in 80° F weather with no water
  • Nowak didn't believe in concussions and would call players "pussies" if they didn't play with one
  • An unnamed player (believed to be Danny Califf) was traded shortly after going to the MLS Player's Union to complain about abuses
  • Nowak violated MLS CBA rules by playing trialists and Academy players in friendlies
  • The Union paid US Soccer $75,000 to buy out Nowak's contract
  • The Union then signed him to a five year contract
  • And then in 2011 increased his salary, agreeing to pay him $1.5 million through the end of his contract
  • While still employed with the Union, Nowak applied for other club coaching positions in Europe - specifically Scotland - and the United Arab Emirates
  • He also applied to manage the Polish National Team
  • In one bizarre twist, Nowak got Shep Messing to contact Sunil Gulati after the United States was eliminated from the 2010 World Cup and tell Gulati to hire Nowak for the USMNT manager position
  • Nowak tried to convince Veljko Paunovic - now head coach of the Chicago Fire - to come with him to manage abroad
  • Nowak told Paunovic to email him at his personal email address so that in the event the Union seized his computer, he'd have all of the information
  • When testifying, Shep Messing had the following quote from Nowak "I have to get the hell out of Philadelphia. These guys are stupid. They don't know what they're doing and they're broke. They have no money."
  • Messing also quoted Nowak as saying "Nick Sakiewicz doesn't have a fucking clue" and that "They don't know what they're doing. They have no money."
  • Nowak conducted hazing of players, including spanking players to the point where Nowak needed a bucket of ice to dip his hand in
  • If the Union had not fired Nowak, the MLS Players Union (MLSPU) was prepared to strike
  • Nowak owes over $100k to the Union for loans and advances
  • Since the Union players were so afraid of retaliation for cooperating with the MLSPU, the league put in a Confidentiality Agreement for only the second time in MLS history. The only other time? When they were investigating D.C. United - who was managed at the time by Peter Nowak
  • While with D.C., Nowak gave Shep Messing an MLS Championship ring for being "an advisor"
  • Nowak claims the Union "had not - and could not - pay its required franchise fee"
  • Nowak also claims to have "received a text message from Mr. Sakiewicz, after one of the games, that he (a player whose name was redacted) cost us the the game and we have to do something about it."
  • Nowak claims that (former Union President) Tom Veit and Nick Sakiewicz approved of the hazing, and that (ex-Union coach) Rob Vartughian and John Hackworth - now the US U17 coach - videotaped the hazing incidents

Report on the Stoppage Time coming this weekend...

Snorky's Shame

I'm pretty close to being done with this fucking team.

Got to be kidding me with this pick unless there's a trade involved.

Edit: I'll gladly take Brandon Vincent

Last edited:

NML

First year since I was 16 that I haven't played with a single player drafted. Feel old :(

Draft is more or less an afterthought now, tbh. Homegrown contracts take 90% of the best US prospects, and most foreign guys play hardball with the GA contracts and then go overseas (which is fine because teams don't want to use an international slot on a rookie who probably doesn't contribute).

doh

There isn't much correlation between USL/NASL support and future MLS success. Let's look at the recent MLS expansion cities from 2007:

Toronto: Atrocious support for the Lynx in D2, yet Toronto FC has been a success
Seattle: A-League Sounders weren't supported that well, Sounders in MLS are one of the glamour franchises in the league
Philadelphia: No team to speak of kind of like New York City, Atlanta and Miami. Decent support considering the front office shit show
Portland: Great support in D2 and MLS
Vancouver: Decent support in D2, great support in MLS
Montreal: Great support in D2, shaky support in MLS. Montreal is just as flaky a sports town as Atlanta and Miami.
New York City: Cosmos not supported that well, great support so far in MLS
Orlando: Great support in USL and MLS. Want to see how support looks like after a few down years but I suppose that be said for Seattle, New York City and others as well

Major league cities do not support minor league sports well at all so using the minor league support barometer just doesn't work (see Seattle and Toronto). The new San Francisco NASL team will be finding this out the hard way.

Las Vegas is intriguing but it's a very tourist-based economy where a good amount of the workforce don't work typical 9-to-5 jobs. Will traveling fans make up for a loss of local support? Hard to tell.

Cincinnati only has two teams but the market is over-saturated. There isn't a lot of money in Cincinnati and there isn't a lot of MLS' target demographic in Cincinnati either.

Columbus and Kansas City have had attendance problems in the past so I would not put them in the group with Portland, Orlando and Salt Lake. Winning cures a lot of ills.

And if you don't think that markets and star power matter, take a look at MLS Cup ratings the past three years. Not shocking that Kansas City-Salt Lake and Columbus-Portland were two of the lowest rated MLS Cup in recent memory.

I remember when Rochester was every MLS fan's pick for expansion. It wasn't viable 15 years ago, it's not viable now.

Looking forward to the inevitable shit show Rayo Oklahoma City will be.

I wonder to myself how the hell Buffalo will afford to build a new stadium for the Bills. Same thing with St. Louis and the Rams.
Damn posts like this make me think I'm paying for ESPN Insider or something...

I agree with all of this especially Sacramento. I don't think it's really an MLS city. Maybe they could draw with a really cool stadium + success but I don't think it's a great idea. There isn't a ton of upper middle class and disposable income types there. Most people live there because they can't afford to live in the Bay Area.

I don't think Atlanta is a great sports city but that new Falcons Stadium might end up being the best in the country and you need a team in the south/there is too much money in Atlanta to just not have a team there. Kinda the same with Miami.

GatorTD

Male
Mod Alumni
I would never put an MLS team in a city that doesn't support its professional basketball team, probably doesn't support its professional hockey team, and who's fan support is apparently so shitty for nfl they had to put in fake crowd noise.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
KdEJqv.jpg

QIUCVk.png

LAS VEGAS – Nigel de Jong’s preseason debut drew glowing reviews after the LA Galaxy’s 1-0 victory over the San Jose Earthquakes in Las Vegas.
The Dutch defensive midfielder went 54 minutes on Saturday night helping the Galaxy win the California Clásico Cup at Cashman Field. Despite only arriving in the United States on Wednesday, De Jong didn’t miss a beat in his minutes in a Galaxy jersey, as he showcased his wide range of skills.
“He’s a good player, kind of what we expected,” Arena said with a smirk. “He’s going to be very good for us.”
More...

So long, Oba. One less Sounder to worry about for LA.

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

Almost forgot to do this

Team: Chicago Fire

Best Case Scenario: Paunovic's new signings on the backline (Vincent and Kappelhof) solve the defensive problems from last year, Polster continues his progress in midfield, Goosens (or Alvarez) makes everyone forget about Shipp and Accam and Gilberto both score double digits in goals. If all that happens, they'll finish 6th with a knock-out round elimination and a deep Open Cup Run.

Worst Case Scenario: Last year all over again with Johnson and Accam moving to Europe midseason. 2nd consecutive wooden spoon and early Open Cup exit.

Fan Favorite: Sean Johnson. It's by default really, he's the only player left with any type of seniority on the team. Wouldn't be shocked if we traded him to Atlanta in 2017.

Young Player To Look Out For On Your Team: Brandon Vincent. Looked good in Camp Cupcake and fills a position so hard to fill in MLS. Future cornerstone player for the team and the only other player I wanted from this year's draft if we didn't draft Yaro. Colin Fernandez could be one for the future as well. His performances in preseason made it easier to trade Shipp to Montreal.

Player You Would Like To Drive To Another Club: Kennedy Igboananike. Nice enough guy, production just doesn't justify the salary though.

Opposition Player You Secretly Admire: Kaka, Orlando and David Villa, New York City. Can't choose between the two really.

Opposition Player You Openly Despise: For now it's Dom Dwyer (Kansas City), probably will be Nigel de Jong (Los Angeles) by the end of the year though.

Opposing MLS Team You Respect: Orlando. They've done a lot to alleviate the concerns MLS fans had about going back to Florida after the Fusion and Mutiny folded at the end of 2001. Just need the fans to behave a little better.

Opposing MLS Team You Despise: Kansas City. MLS' biggest bandwagon. At least they've figured out their rivals lie out west not east.

Do You Have The Right Owner: No. #hauptmanout

Do You Have The Right Manager: Yeah, my only concern seems to be he could be the next Piotr Nowak. That could be a problem.

What Advice Do You Have For The Manager: If you listen to the fans, soon you will be sitting with them.

What Is The One Thing You Would Change At Your Club: Improve scouting for homegrown players. Our recent homegrown players have come from Lake Forest (Shipp), Winnetka (Ritter), Downers Grove (Fernandez), Deerfield (Calistri) and Cary (Conner). For the possible exception of Cary, those are pretty well-to-do suburbs. Are you telling me there's no talent in Chicago? Or Aurora, Elgin, Joliet and Waukegan, suburbs with a large Hispanic population? Bullshit, sounds like pay-for-play is alive and well in Chicago.

What Is The One Thing You Would Change In MLS: Well, collectively raising the IQ's of MLS fans to 100 is impossible so I guess I'll go with stopping expansion at 24 for the time being. Sacramento, San Antonio and St. Louis are not must have markets for any league. San Antonio-Austin combined is the closest thing to a must have.

Where Will You Finish: 8th in the East

Who Wins MLS Cup: Toronto

Will An MLS Team Win The CONCACAF Champions League Post a video best describing MLS' capitulation in the CONCACAF Champions' League:

How far will the United States go at the Copa America Centenario: Quarterfinals

Who wins the Copa America Centenario: Argentina over Mexico

Who wins Euro 2016?: France over Germany

MLS Predictions

East:
1. Columbus
2. Toronto
3. New York
4. Montreal
5. New England
6. Orlando
7. New York City
8. Chicago
9. D.C.
10. Philadelphia

West:
1. Dallas
2. Vancouver
3. Kansas City
4. Portland
5. Seattle
6. Los Angeles
7. San Jose
8. Salt Lake
9. Colorado
10: Houston

Playoffs:

New York over Orlando
Montreal over New England
Los Angeles over Kansas City
Portland over Seattle

Columbus over Montreal
Toronto over New York
Dallas over Los Angeles
Vancouver over Portland

Toronto over Columbus
Vancouver over Dallas

MLS Cup: Toronto over Vancouver

U.S. Open Cup: Seattle over New York

Supporter's Shield: Dallas

Canadian Championship: Montreal over Vancouver

Anyone else want to stick their neck out?

Reactions: doh

doh

Going to try to follow MLS this year... haven't followed closely in a long time but I'd like to this year. Like how most of the superstars are already in place vs. joining mid-year. Interested to see if any more big DPs join MLS. Random rambling thoughts --

-- San Jose again will be boring. The new stadium is nice but boring. The team is solid but boring. I just hope they don't play Wondo in the MF again. That was so stupid. But just, per usual, nothing to be excited about with this team. Fuck Lew Wolff.

-- Really interested to see who LA turns out. It feels like a 'last stand' for Bruce Arena. Contract is up and he's made a bunch of crazy moves to win now. Interested to see how Cole, De Jong play in MLS. Saw Zardes is going to be more in the MF... wish he'd get more games at FW.

-- WTF is going on with Drogba? He's back to Chelsea... then he's "training" somewhere in the Middle East.... then he's not joining Montreal's pre-season... now he said he won't play on turf. Seems like it could be very good entertainment.

-- Very interested to see how NYFC's second season goes. The Mix/Pirlo/Lampard MF seems like it won't work again.

-- I hope Jordan Morris scores some goals. That would be awesome for NT, him and MLS.

goblue96

Philly Union 2016:

Shit, wrapped in shit, wrapped in more shit.

Stadium is adequate but in a crappy neighborhood.