• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Major League Soccer Thread

NML

I was as frustrated as him. Literally the exact thing they called on NE to give DC a penalty kick. Inconsistency is always the worst type of officiating.

That said, you can't pull a ref like that. He'll probably get like 8 games.

NML

And DC was definitely the better team. Almost seemed like the goal hurt the revs, maybe they were hoping to win 1-0.

What a goal by Agudelo, btw

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Wait, isn't it a home and home? How are NE and LA already out with 1 loss?

Snorky's Shame

Goalie PKs!

And Portland wins. Kansas City had two chances to win in the shootout. First one hit the post, second one hit both posts and stayed out.

Not to mention Kansas City equalized late in regulation and Portland equalized late in extra-time.

DanishDonut0

That may have been the best/most grueling shootsouts I have ever seen. To miss twice off the post with a chance to win it AND the fact that one happened to be off both posts... yeeesh.

The two late game tying goals made it even more awesome but to be fair the actual game was complete shit.

DanishDonut0

We need to talk about Besler's PK. laaawwwwd. Somehow worse than Jewsbury's kick before and it may even top Charlie Adam's PK which the ball is still in orbit.

Snorky's Shame

We need to talk about Besler's PK. laaawwwwd. Somehow worse than Jewsbury's kick before and it may even top Charlie Adam's PK which the ball is still in orbit.

For those who didn't see it, Besler tried a Paneka after Jewsbury's cleared Timber's Army. He hit it way too hard and with no arc. Also strange to see Nagbe as the 8th shooter in the shootout, would think he'd be in the first five.

And yeah, that first half was a brutal watch, Kansas City doesn't play the most attractive soccer in the league. Didn't help that Portland played long ball late in regulation.

Last edited:

NML

Jason Kreis fired at New York City.

Chicago better do everything in their power to get him.

Heard him briefly mentioned, but the big candidate is Tab Ramos. Lol. Maybe people are high on him after the U20's made it to the quarterfinals this cycle - but they had the easiest group and really struggled in qualifying. I suppose it's better than the other option being reported, Richie Williams - fresh off a whopping one point at the U17 WC.

NML

holy shit this dallas seattle game. Feels like three goals in eight seconds

yay bonus soccer

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
CTV6hqmWIAEvPyj.png

CTV6hqmWIAEvPyj.png

CTV6hqmWIAEvPyj.png

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Judging by the amount of goals NYC gives up, he could probably get out there and play in the hole if they need.

NML

At least it's a "thinking out of the box" hire. No thanks to more retread hires.

Of course, bringing in a guy who's never coached at the club level has its own issues.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
haha the quality of play in MLS has gotten much better since day 1 but goddamn it still looks like U-12 soccer sometimes

Snorky's Shame

Is it me or does this game just not have a championship type game feel to it? It looks like a regular season game. That's kind of a drawback to having a home field MLS Cup.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Not a great match. First goal was a joke. Second goal was mostly because a ball 1-2 yards out was called in. Third goal was a terrible misplay by the GK.

Yikes.

DanishDonut0

The couple of chances the Timbers had in the 2nd half made we're pretty exciting, but I agree with it being a lackluster game. If you had told me this team would have won it all during the regular season I would never have believed you. Finally playing Nagbe in the middle changed everything. Still happy for the win and the incredible playoff run.

Snorky's Shame

I've renamed the thread since I didn't want to start a new one.

Looks like Miami will be the 24th team and MLS is looking to expand to 28.

24 is fine for now. There's no must have market out there.

Renegade

Charge on!
I've renamed the thread since I didn't want to start a new one.

Looks like Miami will be the 24th team and MLS is looking to expand to 28.

24 is fine for now. There's no must have market out there.

28 maybe 10 years down the road makes sense. 28 right now would just be over-expansion without the domestic player pool to support it. I was hoping Miami would fail so that (among many other reasons) Sacramento might get the last spot, but we should stop there and integrate the teams a bit.

Also would be nice if they would focus on bringing up NASL or USL teams with support rather than creating shit out of thin air with no fanbase (looking at you NYCFC, Miami, Atlanta, etc.). And then focus on markets that aren't diluted by having 3-4 other pro teams...figure something out in Vegas, go get Cincinnati (billionaire owner wants a team) with just 2 pro teams, that sort of thing. Fighting for Detroit and other markets that are probably over-invested in pro sports doesn't make as much sense as being the only or one of 1 or 2 other games in town. There's a reason some of the best MLS markets are Portland, Columbus, Orlando, Salt Lake City, even Kansas City with no NBA or NHL. Sacramento fits that model to a T.