• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Major League Soccer Thread

Bucksin04

This is the best

Stupid motherfuckers are EVERYWHERE.

CLGnDR6VEAAHrLD.jpg

CLGo6ovVEAAeMW4.jpg:large

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
Went to the San Jose-Portland match today. Avaya Stadium is very cool. Awful game. Earthquakes with Wondo in the MF = lol worthy.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Galaxy actually won on the road. I'm sorry, I lost the mic folks. Dropped waaaaaaay down there.

NML

Herc Gomez to Toronto. Already had probably the two best players in the league (and 3 of the top 10), just a nice depth signing - though the money might've been better used defensively. Favorite for MLS Cup, IMO.

Also has got to be the greatest transfer window ever for MLS.

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Herc Gomez to Toronto. Already had probably the two best players in the league (and 3 of the top 10), just a nice depth signing - though the money might've been better used defensively. Favorite for MLS Cup, IMO.

Also has got to be the greatest transfer window ever for MLS.

Not if King Robbie, Stevie G, and the Messican have anything to say about it.

Plus, Lletget is obviously the best player in the league. 6 goals in 10 games from the midfield? That's @chibob level production. :trollface:

Snorky's Shame

Damn, Los Angeles. Domination.

I won't bore you with the details of what I witnessed at last nights Fire game but it was a disaster on and off the field.

doh

NYCFC = :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Keane's has almost declined to score two goals the last few minutes.

doh

Had two times he could've had easy goals and didn't score... one time all he had to do was tap it in and instead tried a crazy pass back to Gerrard.

NML

Red card didn't help, but LA didn't have much of an answer to San Jose's deep line. Zardes was really the only person who was able to create something, using his pace and height off of Keane (who Goodson man-marked very well). San Jose actually looked really impressive. Was definitely closer to 2-0 or 3-0 than to LA getting a result. They're on quite a run.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Miraculously, by the grace of El Kabong, the G's remain at the top of the Shield ladder for at least one more week.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
ErEgao.png

(me on the left, jeiderp on the right. inb4LAgetsovertakennextweekendetc)

Snorky's Shame

Former Fire player Hunter Jumper just took a bat to the Fire organization on Twitter.

Some of it might come off as sour grapes but it does mention some things that fans have suspected have been going on in Chicago.

BasinBictory

OUT with the GOUT
Hunter Jumper

Edit: read his tweets, and while some of it, as mentioned, might simply be a bitter player being bitter - generally, where there's smoke, there's fire (no pun intended) and usually a team that loses all the time has these kinds of cultural issues that contribute to an overall atmosphere of failure.

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

@Snorky's Shame what say you about the Fire shake up

This move was made way too late to save this season. Should have just waited until the end of the year to fire him. I want to lose out and get Josh Yaro. I hope Bliss isn't coaching to save his job as well. If he his, he probably won't play youngsters who need to be evaluated. Don't have much confidence in anyone affiliated with Chivas which the new GM was when he was GM when the league took over. I have a sick feeling another doomed-to-fail quick fix is coming despite the club not building any sort of foundation.

Our fans are stupid as well. Got into argument with multiple people who wanted to get rid of Sean Johnson and have Jon Busch as our starter from here on out. We deserve this shit team for deifying Peter Wilt and Frank Klopas. The atmosphere around the club is poisonous right now and Section 8 is not helping. The franchise held a moment of silence for a Section 8 member last night to appease them. I guess we'll have a moment of silence whenever a fan dies now.

Hunter Jumper
Edit: read his tweets, and while some of it, as mentioned, might simply be a bitter player being bitter - generally, where there's smoke, there's fire (no pun intended) and usually a team that loses all the time has these kinds of cultural issues that contribute to an overall atmosphere of failure.

He said a couple of really stupid things though (Messi and Ronaldo are the only good players not in the Premier League and every player should play college soccer) and thought he lost some credibility but he did touch upon the failing of the organization and Bridgeview.

I'll list a few:

1) Chicago is the only team without a team president

2) Few players in the league have ever heard of Bridgeview

3) The Village of Bridgeview cannot afford this stadium. The facility has not been upgraded or maintained since it opened and game day staff has cut to a minimum and a good percentage of workers are volunteers

4) The practice facilities are among the worst in the league

5) There is a real possibilty of losing our shirt and stadium sponsor after this season

6) Public transportation is lacking and driving to the stadium can be nightmare

7) There is a lot of turnover among front office staff. I don't even make an effort to get to know my season ticket representative knowing that he/she will be gone in a year. Sure enough, my rep lat the start of this season left for Seattle last month and I have a new rep. I'm not sure if this is normal or not but I doubt it.

It's a dumpster fire (pun intended) in Bridgeview.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
W3czqD.png

LA Galaxy moonwalk their way into the CCL knockouts with a 1-1 draw to Central. Wacko is spinning like a Jacko in his grave-o, the fiend-o!

Last edited:

Snorky's Shame

I laughed when I heard that. They won three shootouts to get those three trophies (2 Open Cups and 1 MLS Cup). DC 96-99 and Los Angeles 11-current are dynasties. Kansas City is just a good team.

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
USA HOMEGROWN MLS TALENT BABBY

When your best player is some League 1 washout you are probably not a good team

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
@NML for Philadelphia Union Sporting Director.....done deal.

I want to share some news with you directly. We are making a change in the front office and parting ways with Nick Sakiewicz. In the interim, Dave Rowan, current Chief Revenue Officer, will oversee day to day business operations. Nick was instrumental in helping bring a team to Philadelphia and building our organization from the ground up, and we thank him for the dedication and perseverance he showed in those efforts and his passion for the club.

Now it’s time for a new era of progress to begin.

Last year it was apparent our organizational structure needed to change in order to provide a stronger and more focused sporting direction for the Union. Our plan was to bring aboard a Sporting Director with significant experience to add to the MLS knowledge of Jim Curtin and Chris Albright and help us materially improve our player acquisition processes, player evaluation methods and player development capabilities. In addition, we wanted clear lines of responsibility throughout the organization, with our Youth Academy, USL team, and First Team all reporting up to a strong Sporting Director with a clear plan and a defined competitive strategy to guide recruitment, training, and teaching at all levels.

Unfortunately, we have not been able to fill this role yet. We are committed to finding the right person for the Sporting Director position, and we want this person in place as soon as possible, to impact the upcoming player decisions needed to strengthen our roster and to oversee increased integration of all soccer operations. We are working to have this role filled by the end of the year.

In the meantime we have continued to invest in the foundation of the Club. Over the past two years, Ownership has committed over $15 million in capital to areas that we believe are critical to building long-term success. The new training fields, new First Team Training Center, new USL team, and increased Academy commitments are all part of a plan to put in place the infrastructure necessary for success, and set the table for better performance on the field. Now we need to attract a leader and an architect on the sporting side who can build on these investments and develop a strategy that will give us an edge in the league going forward.

One last, important, thing: I and the other owners want to assure you that we are committed to winning. We can also assure you that we will make mistakes - but we will acknowledge them, learn from them, and correct them until we succeed. Your loyal support as we enter this new era is critical, and we remain deeply grateful for your continued commitment as we make the Philadelphia Union a team we are all proud of.

My sincere thanks,

Jay Sugarman
Chairman

Snorky's Shame

MLS Playoff Predictions:

East Knockout:

New England over D.C.
Montreal over Toronto

East Semifinals:

New England over New York
Columbus over Montreal

East Finals:

Columbus over New England

West Knockout:

Los Angeles over Seattle
Portland over Kansas City

West Semifinals:

Dallas over Los Angeles
Vancouver over Portland

West Finals:

Dallas over Vancouver

MLS CUP:

Dallas over Columbus

Interesting that the top seeds in each conference both have a history of choking in the playoffs. New York's playoff fades are a lot more recent.

Los Angeles and Seattle was a tough call. The team that can't win on the road against the team that can't get it done in the playoffs. I trust Los Angeles but Ricketts really worries me.