• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Major League Soccer Thread

NML

Christ, seems like they gave up a ton

New England Revolution acquire Kei Kamara from Columbus Crew SC in exchange for General Allocation Money, Targeted Allocation Money, New England’s highest First Round MLS SuperDraft pick in 2017, New England’s highest Second Round MLS SuperDraft pick in 2018, and one of New England’s international roster spots for the 2016 season. Additionally, Crew SC will retain a percentage of any future transfer fee for Kamara should he be transferred to a club outside of MLS. Kamara will occupy a Designated Player slot on the Revolution’s roster.

jtothero

Crew playing moneyball. Revs better hope Kamara has another season like 2015

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I honestly read General Allocation Money at first and thought for the briefest of split seconds that he was a player from Liberia

wolverine318

Mod Alumni
Is the Kamara deal the equivalent of giving up 3 drafts for the #1 pick? Seems like an awful lot to give up for him.

doh

THANK YOU Dermott McHeshi
I read the biggest thing was the $500,000 in allocation money. The most ever in a trade. The international spot is basically a lease of just 2016 and picks aren't worth what they used to be with all the HG guys but that $500,000 in allocation money is a huge haul.

Snorky's Shame

The result: Concussion, broken jaw and lacerated tongue

CSN Chicago had a much closer look at his face during the live broadcast, knew it was bad when I saw that.

Last edited:

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Has the keeper said anything? Because that looks like a straight up assassination.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
At least the goalie got the ball there. That's a pretty standard play for goalies. I'm sure he didn't want to break the guy's jaw, but that type of impact is what goalies want on those types of plays. If you don't go for those balls strong and with all your weight, you're likely to get hurt as a goalie. And it also adds a bit of hesitation for forwards on chasing balls like that.

I think there is a good argument to make that plays like that should be fouls on the goalie, but no ref is going to call that. Especially when the goalie gets the ball.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
watching the Sporting-Orlando game. KC is just bombarding the goal and nothing wants to go in. brek shea looking like shit.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
but I never said he was a superior athlete doe. The fact that he was one of the best athletes we had available is exactly what I think the problem is. He'd get laughed out of the NFL combine in pretty much any measurable. If we're going to have guys with that limitation on skill, then they at least SHOULD be superior athletes. A player with Altidore's marginal skill set would prolly be pretty good if he had Randy Moss' measurables.

chibob

but I never said he was a superior athlete doe. The fact that he was one of the best athletes we had available is exactly what I think the problem is. He'd get laughed out of the NFL combine in pretty much any measurable. If we're going to have guys with that limitation on skill, then they at least SHOULD be superior athletes. A player with Altidore's marginal skill set would prolly be pretty good if he had Randy Moss' measurables.

Do American commentators still say 'goal shot'?

doh

Are the dimensions of Yankee Stadium's field meet AYSO standards? @Yankee151

Also cool of Lamps to show up to be on the 18 today.

bruin

Those faggots outside the stadium with the build of @dodgerclock not throwing any punches.

The fuck is that

doh

7-0 ... tied worst home loss in MLS history (unless RBNY score while I'm typing this)

Possibly the most embarrassing result in league history.

NML

Could've put this in a few different places, but here's Earnie Stewart on Freddy Adu

"What we did with the talent, I did not think was necessarily that good. Maybe (failed wunderkind) Freddy Adu was the best example because he was on my team.

"He was 14 years old, very talented but only practiced once a day. That was it. The rest of the time, he was doing interviews or appearances. If there's something you should be doing at 14 years old, it's being on the field the whole time and mastering what you could be very good at. I could not stand those things.

Earnie is a big reason for the Union turn around this year. Seems to be a bright dude

TrojanMan

Pink Panther
Mod Alumni
Anybody catch the end of the Galaxy-Montreal game the other night? Lawd, was an embarrassing ending for LA.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
uef6yL.png

RJXq6x.png

vqzzN7.png

Last edited:

NML

This is not insignificant

Plus added money from Club World Cup.

The issue is that almost all teams take it seriously once they make the knockout round. This doesn't really address the B squads making round trips to Nicaragua in the group stage.

Hachiko

The Akita on Utopia
Ashley Cole should be punished for that red card by playing on Los Dos for the rest of the year. What a prick von stick.

Snorky's Shame

Toronto just stole the Canadian Championship away from Vancouver. Shows how important communication between the GK and the defender is. Vancouver choked.

NML

Jack Harrison da GOAT

I think he's another Diego Fagundez situation when it comes to the USMNT doe

Yankee151

Hot Girl Summer
Yea probably gets scooped up by a PL team before 5 years especially if Brexits hurts their foreign player situation. Oh well, fun to watch while he's here

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Holy shit that was impressive