• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Intergalactic Metropolis of Little Rock Thread (Bruin228)

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Nice pickup with Takuda. Are you going to keep him RP or try him as a SP

I think SP. Stamina is pretty solid and he has enough pitches (Three's not amazing, but it'll do). At the same time, I'm picking up a few other SPs so maybe I'm better off keeping him where he's at.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Will actually pay attention this year. Figured my team was going to suck regardless last year so didn't worry about it. Been trading away good players that weren't going to resign for assets, moving up talented guys that Bdub left in Single A hell, and attempting to sign the best free agents I can.

I really like the Ryan Williams guy I found in the 3rd.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Screen%20Shot%202015-05-25%20at%2012.44.24%20AM_zpsohrtrqfd.png

danny-devito.gif

I offered this guy more than what he asked for.

osick87

Community Liaison
Hope the Miners improve this year. THey have a few good players as our 2hr convo showed me.

Hopefully you got the jist of how to unfuck your minor league team if it ever gets out of control again. Hopefully I didn't talk you to boredom.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Haha, no it was really helpful. Definitely think there'll be improvement this year. There's more decent guys than I thought in my minor system (even though it's mostly shit).

Rutgers Mike

Dr. Sad
Haha, no it was really helpful. Definitely think there'll be improvement this year. There's more decent guys than I thought in my minor system (even though it's mostly shit).
It's a process my man. When I took over Berlin, I had so many bad contracts, it took many seasons just to get to a place where I could rebuild.

osick87

Community Liaison
One thing that I figured may help guys who are getting overwhelmed by their minor league squads is to make a spreadsheet/ list on a piece of paper up of your depth chart at each level. Then while you're doing that colour coat/ Circle the guys you feel like are actually going to make it to the majors (Green for top prospects, yellow for possible guys). I've talked about this to @Travis7401 and @bruin228 and will probably do it with @ZackMills/@Reel when we go over minors.

This way it gives you a rough estimate of who you should be giving a real fuck about, who you should keep an eye on and let you see who is a surprise (guy has green arrow on him @ rosters and transactions and you don't have him green/yellow)

Once you play this game enough, you may be able to do away with the spreadsheet and remember. I've been checked out of OOTP enough where maybe I will make a video of myself doing a new one for the Gauchos.

osick87

Community Liaison
Yeah that is another way to do it since it will give you news stories about those players.

I like shortlist for guys you like in the draft since you can keep tabs on them while they are in other systems.

Mr. Radpants

Trog Five Standing By
Legit Question: Arkanas has diamond mines?

Something had to happen between 2015 and 2049 to qualify Little Rock as a major worldwide hub worthy to be an expansion city over Prague, Paris, and Milan.

I'm going to go with the 2029 diamond rush, should have been called the Little Rock 29ers.

osick87

Community Liaison
Just a heads up @bruin228: Your best hitter from last year (Van Zon) is in AAA. Not that it matters a ton since your 1B& DH spots are getting production

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
You probably did, trouble with that was you had 40 men on your 25 man roster. When that happens I just throw whoever still has options left down

Yeah, I just put some people down. Oh, well.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
Yeah, I just put some people down. Oh, well.

The reason I do it that way is so whoever it is can reset everything after the first week. I'd rather not DFA guys if I can help it so they don't lose anyone they might want

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Star 2B Prospect to Make Major League Debut

Screen Shot 2015-07-25 at 6.31.23 PM.png
2B prospect Ryan Williams will make his major league debut this week after starting 2B Geer Bautista went down with a knee contusion. Williams hit .301 for the Miners' AAA club this season, alongside 19 HR and 52 RBIs. However, it may be Williams' stealing ability that has Manager Bruin Smith the most excited. Smith hopes that Williams' ability will add to a club that already leads the South League in stolen bases.

In other news, SS Stuart Minta was sent down to the AAA Newport News after a disappointing 2050 season thus far, with hopes that some time at the AAA will help further develop him into the star the organization believes him to be. In addition, 2B Matthew Bledsoe was promoted to the News after a .380, 38 RBI performance with the AA Nashville Samurais.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Screen Shot 2015-07-30 at 3.58.02 PM.png

After yesterday's 3-2 win over the Yonkers Fisherman by the Nashville Samurais, all three of the Miners' minor league clubs hold a winning record in August for the first time in Manager Bruin Smith's tenure. All three clubs are littered with prospects that the organization hope will play a major role in securing Little Rock's first playoff bid in the future.

Lloyd Carr

After yesterday's 3-2 win over the Yonkers Fisherman by the Nashville Samurais, all three of the Miners' minor league clubs hold a winning record in August for the first time in Manager Bruin Smith's tenure. All three clubs are littered with prospects that the organization hope will play a major role in securing Little Rock's first playoff bid in the future.

:trollface:

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
2047 1st Rounder Crews to Make WBL Debut

Screen Shot 2015-08-01 at 5.00.51 PM.png
Another star prospect in the Miners organization is headed to Little Rock to make their WBL debut. 1B Donovan Crews, the 3rd overall pick of the 2047 draft, will make his first WBL start this week, replacing Mike Ducklow at DH after Ducklow suffered a fractured thumb in a 6-4 loss to Kabul. Sources inside the organization indicate the Miners have wanted Crews in the WBL for a few months now, but were unable to find a way to move him up given the crowd at first base. However, due to Ducklow's injury, Crews will get his chance to finish out the year strong at the WBL level after a stellar AAA year with the Newport News, in which he hit .340 with 21 HR and 91 RBI.​

osick87

Community Liaison
@bruin228

What would you like me to do my video on? If you want, we can have a Skype call about your offseason plan and I can record that.

osick87

Community Liaison
I can do right now until like 130 EST or around 715-730 EST tomorrow. Tuesday is wide open.