• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Intergalactic Metropolis of Little Rock Thread (Bruin228)

osick87

Community Liaison
Thread for @bruin228.

Four Five things from the video to start you off

1. Go over the guys that will be on your team next year (Front office> Salaries> sort by 2048) and figure out who you like and don't like. If those people have a (A), decide if you want to offer them arbitration at that amount or .8 of it. Those who you don't remember to non tender (withdraw in the Arb screen in the offseason). I suggest making a depth chart spreadsheet to see possible strengths.

2. Go over your minors and see what you have for upcoming talent. SPOILER ALERT there isn't much.

3. Figure out some short term and long term plans. The new owners goals may be able to give you some guidelines but maybe you want to finish lower and try to bolster a bad minor league system.

4. Find things in the game that will keep you interested enough for when the hard times happen.

5. Use this thread to ask some questions and gain info. It will be helpful for more than just you. Even if I'm the only one who looks in here a consistent amount, I can @ folks who may be able to give some different insights.
The biggest reason I started this thread and didn't wait for you to start it is I figured you'd feel bad if you didn't post in it after I started a thread just for you. Canadians are pretty passive aggressive that way.

Last edited:

osick87

Community Liaison
One video I would recommend listening to over the Australia one is this one:

Gooksta

I think #4 is huge.. I manage key west and we stink.. but I keep up with my top prospects in the minors. It gets me through dealing with the losing with the big club

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
So I got in as Bdub's guy? Some quick, trivial questions:

1) Will I be able to move/rename the team?
2) Will I be able to make my own manager?

If not, it really doesn't matter but it'd be cool to get a fresh start and a team that I could kind of call my own.

OU11

Pleighboi
Utopia Moderator
So I got in as Bdub's guy? Some quick, trivial questions:

1) Will I be able to move/rename the team?
2) Will I be able to make my own manager?

If not, it really doesn't matter but it'd be cool to get a fresh start and a team that I could kind of call my own.
You missed my 2-3 posts but yes to the first. No to the second since we dont use them.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I thought I remembered you saying something about it but I couldn't remember for sure.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I like that. I have a few other ideas as well, I'll probably figure out what I want by the end of the day.

Lloyd Carr

Make sure you you Export Your Team via FTP when you make changes that you want OU to take when he does the nightly sim.

If you don't export, your changes won't save.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Don't tell me what to do.

Yeah, no worries, Orlando told me about it last night.

Lloyd Carr

Don't tell me what to do.

Fq4cstM.gif

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
It'd be nice to be southernish but I really don't think it matters anymore. We can change the league names to Varsity and Junior Varsity.

Is Little Rock southernish? If not, I can do Venezuela or something for the Southern Hemisphere.

osick87

Community Liaison
How'd Arb go? I know there were a handful (Obke, Will Jones, Millen, Hodge) guys on your team that I would offer arb to. Interested if you thought of a few others.

Other things I like to do during Arb.
  • Look at other teams' Player Salaries page and see who they may not offer Arb to. See if any of those guys interest me. Usually it is a guy who has a super high estimate and a meh performance. If @Reel pays attention this offseason, Blanc will be since He's not really worth 9 to 10 mil.

• Look at upcoming FAs and start planning for FA. Usually I will make a spreadsheet with budget targets and max I'd be willing to spend. Since you don't really know valuations yet, I'd wait on the spreadsheet but you should figure out some targets.

• See if there's any current FAs worth signing. This can wait but if you have find somebody you want, it's a nice way to beat the rush.

• Scout out some college and HS kids that may (or may not) be in the draft. This can usually wait.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
What do I want to look for offense wise? Seems like the best player I have is a catcher (who I thought were not usually good hitters) but other than that, I'm not sure.

Actually, I have a good 2B too but he's old.

osick87

Community Liaison
Start off with a concept: Do you want to hit a lot of Home Runs? A team who gets on base a lot. I know @Reel likes Gap and players with Good eye.

Obviously the ideal set up is somebody who is 80s across the board but figure out what kind of offence you want to build and branch out from there.

We can go over this on Skype/TS/Mumble if you want. I can probably make it a video.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
Start off with a concept: Do you want to hit a lot of Home Runs? A team who gets on base a lot. I know @Reel likes Gap and players with Good eye.

Obviously the ideal set up is somebody who is 80s across the board but figure out what kind of offence you want to build and branch out from there.

We can go over this on Skype/TS/Mumble if you want. I can probably make it a video.

If you have time to Skype now, I can do that.

osick87

Community Liaison
I didn't set my mic level very well and any time I talk, you'll blow out your ear drums. No video of the Skype convo.

Seems like @bruin228 got a bit out of it so that's good.

osick87

Community Liaison
No I mean in the video. I listened to it and now my balance is fucked from blowing out an eardrum.

osick87

Community Liaison
Your mic level was good.

Basically, everyone must go.

Yeah you've got one good player and a bunch of filler. Nice thing about all that filler is that you will likely be able to draft a good player for down the road.

I'm sure there will be phone calls about Maurice so you should be able to get a couple prospects/picks for him.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I'm still debating whether I want to go full Sixers tank mode or spend all this FA money.

osick87

Community Liaison
You can spend it. Try to figure out who you want to spend it on. We can go over that first day of FA if you like.

Just know that the top 3 or 4 guys will likely go for how much you told me your budget was. Faz will forsure.