• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FM14 Mr. Manager Dynasty (Ivory Coast/Stade Rennais)

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
,God damn, this is ridiculous. If you get out of your CL group, then I will be absolutely floored.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
One guy had 30 goals and nobody else had so many as 10? Think ur game is bugged

Everyone else who scored a few goals had at least some time on the injury list, other than pitropia, who just sucks at finishing. Oliviera was always the leading scorer, but he didn't really explode until near the end, so I played him pretty much every game in a single striker formation, lol.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Welp, I'm off for a short weekend vacation trip, so updates will wait until next week. Now that I know what I'm doing, I plan on doing an exhaustive depth chart review for my entire team and making a plan for going forward.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Now that I think I know what I'm doing a little more and I have a season under my belt with my first youth class and all that, I'm starting to really evaluate the roster to see where I need to add depth or cut players. One thing I've noticed is that I've got several positions with a large gap between older players and youth players, while I've got several other positions with a ton of depth coming up.

Last year I set up a "Wage Scale" based on the players I had on the team and how much I wanted to pay for similar players going forward. I broke it down into the following categories: Star player, Starter, 1st Team Rotational, Backup/Reserve, Youth. I had a range of wages that I was comfortable paying for those designation, but I've noticed that the team designations can sometimes become political as well, so I'd rather not tie my wages exclusively to that, in order to give me more flexibility to assign roles as they change, without messing with my budgeting methodology. As such, I've decided how much I'm willing to pay for each level of "current ability." Beyond that initial assessment of salary vs current ability, I'll include numerous other variables such as potential, and utility to the current team (ie even if I'm "overpaying" a guy but he fills 2 roster slots or would require 2 players to replace, I might keep him). I would also like to build my team so that I've got starters of at least 3 stars at each position, with backups of at least 2.5 stars at each position, and then youth players with at least 3.5 star potential at each position to keep the assembly line going.

Here is what I have for my wage schedule:
[xtable=border:0|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0|128x@]
{colgroup}
{col=span:2|64x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td=64x35}Current Ability{/td}
{td=64x@}Fair Price/wk{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x20}<1{/td}
{td=64x@}$95{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x20}1{/td}
{td=64x@}$1,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x20}1.5{/td}
{td=64x@}$5,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x20}2{/td}
{td=64x@}$10,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x20}2.5{/td}
{td=64x@}$15,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x20}3{/td}
{td=64x@}$22,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x20}3.5{/td}
{td=64x@}$30,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x20}4{/td}
{td=64x@}$45,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x20}4.5{/td}
{td=64x@}$60,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td=64x20}5{/td}
{td=64x@}$75,000{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

NML

Well you have to remember, as ur team gets better, those will all increase. Even this off-season, hopefully you are seeing a bunch of 5 stars willing to play for you because of the Champions League - they might require more than just 75k/week. The starzzzz ratings are relative to the rest of ur team.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well, my niggardly board (@Reel gonna be mad) gave me kind of a limited wage budget, so that's what I based those wage numbers on for this season. Obviously if I get better, they'll go up like you said. I thought the STARZZZ rating were relative to the league?

NML

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) it's relative to ur team.

When ur in the lower leagues, you can get things like a 5* that "should be a leading star for League Two" when ur in League One. But when you scout, for example, youth players on Man City, it will say "had the potential to be a star in the premier league" or whatever.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
When I look at the comments related to stars, most of the comments are related to Ligue 1, unless the player has a low star rating (like 1 star), then they reference him being a "star" for some smaller league. So lets say you have the best team in the league, do you ever get to the point where you've got like 4 star players at every position?

Anyway, those numbers will still work for this year even if they are relative to my team, because I just want to see who I'm over/under paying.

NML

No I agree that a standard amount ur willing to pay for a certain level of player is good, just remember that the star ratings are very fluid. Even hiring a new assistant changes them (it's his opinion of the player). Wouldn't want you to miss out on a helpful player because ur relative star rating increased and he fell outside the lines.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
In my inter save, Travis, pretty much all of my players are 3.5 stars. I have a few with 4 star potential, but not many. I don't think I've ever seen more than 4 stars at inter.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I'll be breaking my team down on a position by position basis. The first group we have is the GKs on the roster. In addition to the stats shown in the following table, I color code players based on several other factors to help me make more informed decisions.

For my GKs I currently have 6 dudes on the roster, which is probably 2 more than I'd like to be carrying.

[xtable=skin1|border:1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0]
{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=84x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Current{/td}
{td}Potential{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Fair Salary For{/td}
{td}Under/Over{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Best Position{/td}
{td}2nd Position{/td}
{td}Player{/td}
{td}Age{/td}
{td}Ability{/td}
{td}Ability{/td}
{td}Salary{/td}
{td}Value{/td}
{td}Current Ability{/td}
{td}Paying{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}GK{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Costil{/td}
{td}26{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$35,000{/td}
{td}6.25m{/td}
{td}$30,000{/td}
{td}-$5,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}GK{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Diallo{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$8,000{/td}
{td}1.6m{/td}
{td}$10,000{/td}
{td}$2,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}GK{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Epassy{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}1.5{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}$3,300{/td}
{td}625k{/td}
{td}$5,000{/td}
{td}$1,700{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}GK{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Combes{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}0.9{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}525k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}GK{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Cagnon{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}0.9{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}$775{/td}
{td}40k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}-$680{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}GK{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Chaoui{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}0.8{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}375k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Basically I'm slightly overpaying Costil, my starter, compared to my wage schedule... but that's mitigated by the fact that he played well last season, is in his prime, and would be difficult to replace for less.

For the backup/Reserve goalies, we have Diallo and Epassy competing. I'll keep one on the roster and loan the other out (with recall option, preferably) so I don't have to pay their wages. Diallo is slightly better now, but Epassy has higher potential and much lower wages, so I think I'll loan Diallo and Keep Epassy on the team. I'd also sell Diallo if I get a good offer, but I doubt I will.

Then I have 3 young prospects in Combes, Cagnon, and Chaoui, so I should probably get rid of one of them. This is an easy choice because Combes and Chaoui are both on the super cheap youth salaries and are younger and arguably better than Cagnon anyway. Cagnon isn't worth much ($40k value), but his wages add up to $40k in a year, so I'd be saving as much as he's "worth" just by getting rid of him.

You can see the full spreadsheet here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Ul5XuOAbN1cYFvRRjLVsoAuaKDGuGJHQInqzZAjROCs/edit

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
LB position. I only have 3 players with "LB" listed as their Best position (but I have 3 more with LB as a secondary position).

{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Current{/td}
{td}Potential{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Fair Salary For{/td}
{td}Under/Over{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Best Position{/td}
{td}2nd Position{/td}
{td}Player{/td}
{td}Age{/td}
{td}Ability{/td}
{td}Potential{/td}
{td}Salary{/td}
{td}Value{/td}
{td}Current Ability{/td}
{td}Paying{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}LB{/td}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}Cheik M'Bengue{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$19,500{/td}
{td}7.75m{/td}
{td}$30,000{/td}
{td}$10,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}LB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Emerson{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}$16,000{/td}
{td}110k{/td}
{td}$10,000{/td}
{td}-$6,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}LB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Joffrey Durand{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}4.5{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}875k{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}$905{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
M'Bengue is the obvious starter and is at a good age where he won't need to be replaced in the next few seasons. He is a great value since his wages are only 65% of what I'd expect to pay for a 3.5 star player and he also has the versatility to play CB and he played very well last season.

Emerson blew ass when he had to play as a backup, is 28, and has crappy potential going forward. He also makes 60% more than I'd like to see for a 2 star rotational player. His contract is up, so he won't be renewed that is easy. For 16,000/week I should be able to pick up a reserve/backup player to replace him.

King Joffrey is a youth player with a solid enough rating already and great potential. Obviously a great deal on $95/week and he'll probably be playing with the reserve team and the U19 team this season, though I might be looking to add another young 2 sided FB.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
RB Position - A couple of these guys can play both LB and RB. I also have one more utility player who can play RB

[xtable=border:1|cellpadding:0|cellspacing:0]
{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Current{/td}
{td}Potential{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Fair Salary For{/td}
{td}Under/Over{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Best Position{/td}
{td}2nd Position{/td}
{td}Player{/td}
{td}Age{/td}
{td}Ability{/td}
{td}Potential{/td}
{td}Salary{/td}
{td}Value{/td}
{td}Current Ability{/td}
{td}Paying{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}RB{/td}
{td}LB{/td}
{td}Danze{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}$19,250{/td}
{td}7.75m{/td}
{td}$22,500{/td}
{td}$3,250{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}RB{/td}
{td}LB{/td}
{td}Foulquier{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}1.5{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$10,000{/td}
{td}1.4m{/td}
{td}$5,000{/td}
{td}-$5,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}RB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Gassama{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}1.5{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$7,500{/td}
{td}875k{/td}
{td}$5,000{/td}
{td}-$2,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}RB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Magnora{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}0.8{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$750{/td}
{td}59k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}-$655{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

Tony Danze is getting up there in age at 27, but his salary is lower than I'd expect to pay him and he performed above his "rated" level all season, so he's an obvious keeper.

Foulquier was out on loan last season, so I don't really know how he played... but I like his ability to play both sides in a thin position. He's "overpaid" for his current ability level, but his versatility in a thin position makes him a keeper for now. If he improves to a 2-star player, his salary will be right on. His potential isn't great, so he's mostly a stop gap until I can get a better player for the future. Due to his versatility I'll probably set him as a sub.

Gassama is a guy I picked up on the cheap last year to fill an emergency need, and I made the mistake of having my worst scout scout him and reported him as a 2 star/3.5 star guy. I learned my lesson to have the best scout take a look at any potential signings before putting pen to paper, because he didn't turn out to be as good as trog-scout said. He was pressed into service by injury a few times last season and didn't perform very well. He's "overpaid" by a little bit, but a slight increase in current ability to 2 stars (which might happen this season as he's in his prime) and he'd be "underpaid' for his niche. He'll stay on the team for now, but will most likely play for the reserves unless there is an injury to Tiny Danze.

Magnora is expendable with his low potential ability and non youth contract, but I don't have another player to play on the U19 team, so I'll list him for sale but keep him if nobody bites.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
CB Position has lots of flux. There are a couple other players who have CB as a second position as well, and will be rotation/backup options.

{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Current{/td}
{td}Potential{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Fair Salary For{/td}
{td}Under/Over{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Best Position{/td}
{td}2nd Position{/td}
{td}Player{/td}
{td}Age{/td}
{td}Ability{/td}
{td}Potential{/td}
{td}Salary{/td}
{td}Value{/td}
{td}Current Ability{/td}
{td}Paying{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Biyik{/td}
{td}24{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}4.5{/td}
{td}$28,000{/td}
{td}8.75m{/td}
{td}$45,000{/td}
{td}$17,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}LB{/td}
{td}Armand{/td}
{td}33{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$17,000{/td}
{td}575k{/td}
{td}$15,000{/td}
{td}-$2,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Wague{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}$12,000{/td}
{td}145k{/td}
{td}$10,000{/td}
{td}-$2,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Boye{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}$12,500{/td}
{td}135k{/td}
{td}$10,000{/td}
{td}-$2,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Gelin{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}1.5{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}$775{/td}
{td}375k{/td}
{td}$5,000{/td}
{td}$4,225{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}Perrin{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}4.5{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}950k{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}$905{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Hountondji{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$1,200{/td}
{td}100k{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}-$200{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Coulibali{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$1,500{/td}
{td}71k{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}-$500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}Gezaw{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}0.95{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}625k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}Laurent{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}0.95{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}$875{/td}
{td}3.2k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}-$780{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Lemonnier{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}0.95{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}$800{/td}
{td}3.1k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}-$705{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CB{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Julien{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}0.8{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}275k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Biyik is the clear star. He's only 24 and he's already a 4 star player who was on the TOTY last season in Ligue1, and he has the potential to get better. The best part is his salary is much less than you'd expect for a player of his ability.

Armand just dropped due to age, but I think he's got another season in him as a starter. He's a wily vet who seems to be doing a good job of tutoring and he can also play LB, so the intangibles more than make up for the slight amount I'm overpaying. This is the last year of his contract, so I probably won't sign him again unless he takes a paycut next season

Wague is a free transfer who will join the team in July. He's basically here to replace Boye as the rotational/Backup CB. He's younger than Boye, has more potential, and costs slightly less. I'm slightly overpaying for him now, but he's on a pretty long contract so if he comes anywhere near his potential he'll be good value.

Boye is heading out the door because I'm letting his contract expire. His wage is too high for what he brings to the team and he didn't play as well for me as he did for Osick. I just didn't like overpaying for a player with no upside going forward.

Gelin, Perrin, and Gezaw are stars of the future and are all on good contracts, so they will find roles in the reserves/youth team as they are tutored for the future.

Laurent and Lemmonier have expiring contracts and I'm letting them walk since there are other young players who are making less money and have more upside.

I'm ambivalent toward Hountandji as he performed pretty well for the reserves last season, even though his potential doesn't look great and I'm slightly over paying. I might loan him out and see what happens. The same is true for Coulibali... as I see him improving and being worth more, but I don't really want to pay his wages now nor do I really have a spot for him with the reserves.

Julien has crappy potential, but is on a youth contract so he's basically free. I'll just see if he improves enough to sell. If he does, great if he doesn't then he's better than a grey player.

I think I'm pretty confident in my setup here, no immediate needs.

Last edited:

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
Fucking engineers. I just look at my roster and my wage budget and go from there. No fancy tables for me.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
CM/DM (most of these guys can play the other position)

{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=84x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}M{/td}
{td}Diarra{/td}
{td}33{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$25,000{/td}
{td}600k{/td}
{td}$30,000{/td}
{td}$5,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}CB,RB, M{/td}
{td}Baird{/td}
{td}32{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$25,000{/td}
{td}500k{/td}
{td}$15,000{/td}
{td}-$10,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}M{/td}
{td}Papin{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}4.5{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}950k{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}$905{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}M{/td}
{td}Poha{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}$850{/td}
{td}86k{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}$150{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}M{/td}
{td}M'Vila{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}$900{/td}
{td}54k{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}$100{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}M{/td}
{td}Bakayoko{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$1,100{/td}
{td}88k{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}-$100{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}M{/td}
{td}Taleb{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}0.95{/td}
{td}4.5{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}600k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}M{/td}
{td}Ferrante{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}0.7{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}110k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}M{/td}
{td}Kalonji{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}0.5{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}49k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}Makoun{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}$31,500{/td}
{td}2.9m{/td}
{td}$45,000{/td}
{td}$13,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}Pajot{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}$14,750{/td}
{td}7.5m{/td}
{td}$30,000{/td}
{td}$15,250{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CM{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Konradsen{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$14,000{/td}
{td}5.25m{/td}
{td}$15,000{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}AM{/td}
{td}Ngando{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}$11,250{/td}
{td}3.5m{/td}
{td}$10,000{/td}
{td}-$1,250{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}Doucoure{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$15,250{/td}
{td}3.8m{/td}
{td}$10,000{/td}
{td}-$5,250{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}DM, AM{/td}
{td}Hery{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$950{/td}
{td}8.5k{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}$50{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CM{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Hunou{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}0.95{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$825{/td}
{td}56k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}-$730{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CM{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Rivrin{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}0.95{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}$900{/td}
{td}45.5k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}-$805{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}DM{/td}
{td}Diouf{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}0.7{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}67k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
My starters are Diarra, Makoun, and Pajot and they are all 3.5 star+ and on good contracts. Obviously Makoun and Diarra aren't getting any younger, I like where I'm at with this core group. The interesting thing is I do have enough depth at these positions that I'd consider a transfer offer for either of my older players if it was significantly more than their value, as I wouldn't have to really "replace" them in the squad. Makoun under performed compared to his ratings last season and he has a lot of interest in him at the moment.

I'm overpaying for Biard, who I picked up on a free last year, but he's a jack of all trades who can plug gaps at CB, RB, or DM and wasn't a terrible liability at any of those positions last year. His player ratings are actually very solid for the roles I play him in as well. I think the lower star rating is reflective of the CPU not knowing where he "fits". I've got him transfer listed, so I'd sell him if I get a decent offer, but I do appreciate his versatility

Konradsen, Ngando, and Doucoure are all capable subs/rotation players now and have solid enough potential going forward. Konradson and Ngando are on good contracts, but I'm paying more for Doucoure than I'd like (though he played well last season). I'd consider selling Doucoure, so I have him transfer listed.

Papin, Poha, and Taleb are young guys with tons of potential and are on good contracts so they'll play Reserves/U19

Hery has an expiring contract, and I'm looking to trim Rivrin, Hunou, Bakayoko, and M'villa.

Diouf, Kalonji, and Ferrante are on youth contracts so I'll see what happens with them.

Top to bottom this is a deep position so I'll actually be looking to trim some wages or sell some players on.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Fucking engineers. I just look at my roster and my wage budget and go from there. No fancy tables for me.

The most important element to coaching is doing all the extra work on your own time so that you can be as efficient as possible when you are with the team :thumbsup:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Attacking midfielders/Wingers:

{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Current{/td}
{td}Potential{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Fair Salary For{/td}
{td}Under/Over{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Best Position{/td}
{td}2nd Position{/td}
{td}Player{/td}
{td}Age{/td}
{td}Ability{/td}
{td}Potential{/td}
{td}Salary{/td}
{td}Value{/td}
{td}Current Ability{/td}
{td}Paying{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}LAM{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Alessandrini{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$26,500{/td}
{td}10.5m{/td}
{td}$30,000{/td}
{td}$3,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}LAM{/td}
{td}RAM{/td}
{td}Pitroipia{/td}
{td}28{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$46,500{/td}
{td}8.25m{/td}
{td}$30,000{/td}
{td}-$16,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}LAM{/td}
{td}RAM{/td}
{td}Ntep{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}4.5{/td}
{td}$15,000{/td}
{td}6.25m{/td}
{td}$22,500{/td}
{td}$7,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}LAM{/td}
{td}CAM{/td}
{td}Allee{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}$10,750{/td}
{td}1.7m{/td}
{td}$10,000{/td}
{td}-$750{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}LAM{/td}
{td}RAM{/td}
{td}Grosicki{/td}
{td}25{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}$29,500{/td}
{td}2.5m{/td}
{td}$10,000{/td}
{td}-$19,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}LAM{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}De Donno{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}0.95{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}825k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}LAM{/td}
{td}CM, LM{/td}
{td}Afougou{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}0.8{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}300k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CAM{/td}
{td}RAM{/td}
{td}Feret{/td}
{td}31{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}$37,000{/td}
{td}1.9m{/td}
{td}$22,500{/td}
{td}-$14,500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CAM{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}Diallo{/td}
{td}23{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}$13,000{/td}
{td}3.2m{/td}
{td}$10,000{/td}
{td}-$3,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CAM{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Chretien{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}2.5{/td}
{td}$775{/td}
{td}105k{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}$225{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CAM{/td}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}Lamonge{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}0.95{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}$825{/td}
{td}58k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}-$730{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}CAM{/td}
{td}CM{/td}
{td}Savey{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}0.8{/td}
{td}1.5{/td}
{td}$900{/td}
{td}2.4k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}-$805{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}RAM{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Dembele{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}1.5{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}$850{/td}
{td}700k{/td}
{td}$5,000{/td}
{td}$4,150{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}RAM{/td}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}Ambassa{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}4.5{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}1.1m{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}$905{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}RAM{/td}
{td}CAM{/td}
{td}Etuin{/td}
{td}18{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}$1,500{/td}
{td}77k{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}-$500{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}RAM{/td}
{td}LAM{/td}
{td}Furtado{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}0.95{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}$900{/td}
{td}3.4k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}-$805{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Alessandrini, Pitroipia, Ntep, and Feret are all starting caliber players competing for 2 or 3 positions, depending on the formation I'm playing. Feret is the oldest of the bunch, but he's clutch and he's the only one who can play the CAM spot, so I'd like to keep him to give me formation versatility... he is on a bad contract though, so if I get a good offer I'll sell and look to replace him. Ntep is the youngest player with the best potential, on the best contract so I'm definitely keeping him. Pitropia and Alessandrini both under performed relative to my expectations last season and they are both rated roughly the same. Pitroipia has the edge in that he can play both L/R sides and he's gets hot and has amazing games at times. Alessandrini has a much better contract. I'll try to move one or both of these guys this offseason.

Grosicki was the worst contract I had on the books, so I managed to get him loaned out for the second half of the season with a purchase clause for just over half his value. I consider that a success just because his "excess" wages would amount to over a million dollars a year over the value he provided to the team.

Allee, Diallo, and Dembele are all players who can fit in as backups with the first team already and have good potential going forward. Diallo and Alle are currently over-paid, but they'll become good values as they improve during their contract. Dembele is on a good contract already.

Ambassa (yankee) and De Dono are stars for the future on youth contracts

Savee and Furtado have expiring contracts and are out the door.

I'll look to sell Chrieten, LaMONG(lol), and Etuin.

Afougou stays because he's youth.

I have the most top end depth here and I have solid backup/young players and great looking youth prospects. As such, I'm really looking to move Pitropia, Allesiandrini, or both.

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
You do realize this is a game and not @Reel life, right?

I'm not going to be able to turn this video game experience into a @Reel job offer with an attitude like that. This is the type of thing that allows you to take Stade Rennais to their highest ever position and a champions league spot!

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Last but not least, the striker position

{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}{colgroup}
{col=100x@}{/col}
{/colgroup}
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}CAM{/td}
{td}Toivonen{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$73,000{/td}
{td}10.5m{/td}
{td}$30,000{/td}
{td}-$43,000{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}ST{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Sane{/td}
{td}21{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$12,750{/td}
{td}2.1m{/td}
{td}$10,000{/td}
{td}-$2,750{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}ST{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Diarra{/td}
{td}22{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}3.5{/td}
{td}$11,750{/td}
{td}2.4m{/td}
{td}$10,000{/td}
{td}-$1,750{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}ST{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Said{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}1.5{/td}
{td}4.5{/td}
{td}$1,100{/td}
{td}1.1m{/td}
{td}$5,000{/td}
{td}$3,900{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}LAM{/td}
{td}Konate{/td}
{td}14{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}5{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}1.1m{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}$905{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}ST{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Bercot{/td}
{td}17{/td}
{td}1{/td}
{td}4{/td}
{td}$800{/td}
{td}600k{/td}
{td}$1,000{/td}
{td}$200{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}ST{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}Gboho{/td}
{td}19{/td}
{td}0.95{/td}
{td}2{/td}
{td}$900{/td}
{td}3.4k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}-$805{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}ST{/td}
{td} {/td}
{td}El Geunnouni{/td}
{td}20{/td}
{td}0.95{/td}
{td}1.5{/td}
{td}$850{/td}
{td}74k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}-$755{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}ST{/td}
{td}LAM, RAM{/td}
{td}Richard{/td}
{td}15{/td}
{td}0.7{/td}
{td}3{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}275k{/td}
{td}$95{/td}
{td}$0{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
Toivonen is my only starting caliber striker, and he's on a brutal contract paying more than twice what he's "worth." He played pretty well for me as a CAM last season, but sucked as a striker. I'd love to move and replace him.

Sane and Diarra are good enough to be backups and both have decent potential and solid ratings, but I'd like to add another striker who is better than them, because Toivonen was so injury prone last season and my offense seems to run through my striker. I'd love to have at least 2 guys who are 3 star or better. Saiid might also fit in here somewhere as he rocketed up the improvement charts last season while on loan.

Konate and Bercot both look to be stars in the making and are on good contracts.

Gboho has an expiring contract and is out the door

I'll try to sell El Geunnouni because his potential blows and there are better/younger players than him

Richard is outclassed, but on a youthz contract so he gets to stay.

This is the position I really need to revamp most. I want Toivonen out the fucking door and to bring in 2 strikers to replace him. That's the ideal world. I'll purchase one striker ASAP and then purchase another if I can sell Toivonen.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Summary:
Needs:
Position of immediate need for starting caliber player = Striker
Position in need of rotational player with good potential = FB (L/R)

For Sale:
Pitropia
Alessiandrini
Feret (?)
Toivonen
Baird (?)
A bunch of shitty players

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
14689121323_e6eec08549_b.jpg

14646226226_76231b83d2_b.jpg

My first major move is complete. Basically a swap at the CAM position. I replaced The Ferret, as hard as it was, with a better/cheaper/younger player. Ferret was set to make 37k/week, which was more than I'd like to pay for someone of his ability (and declining) and it was only going to get worse in the last two years of his contract. I signed Propper for 30k (which is slightly too much for his current 3 star rating) because I know he's going to improve and spend the majority of his 4 year contract on a great contract relative to his value to the team as starting CAM. I signed him on a free transfer (expiring contract) and I sold Ferret for 1.7 million. After it was all said and done and the agents/scavengers/leaches/loyalty bonuses were paid, I made a net profit of $1.1 million and slashed the wage budget by 7k/week.

He's also got higher ratings than Feret in the position I want to play him:
14646226276_0fd8d824cc_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here is my first major target for striker. He's co-owned by 2 clubs, lol. I had both agree to suggested terms before the transfer window, and Juventus agreed after the transfer window, so I'm still waiting on the other team to agree... but if that goes through I'm hoping to sign him as he looks great. His ratings remind me a lot of Oliviera's

14482540500_e74a712d83_b.jpg

If I sell Toivonen (which isn't looking good ATM, no offers) I'll make a splash for a bigger name at striker.

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
I'm kind of wondering if SI is trolling the fuck out of me. I am using an, um, alternatively acquired version until it goes on sale again. Maybe the game knows and is now just making me lose. Should I play with Rennais to test this?

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Propper is a beast. I had on my squad in another save and he is a creative force in the middle of the pitch. Nice job stealing him on a free.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Propper is a beast. I had on my squad in another save and he is a creative force in the middle of the pitch. Nice job stealing him on a free.

Yeah, that's what I noticed about him too. As an advanced playmaker (the designation I prefer for that CAM in 4231) he's got much better ratings than Feret. I ended up playing Feret on the wing more because his crossing was so good and he kind of disappointed me in the center at times. Propper's long shots are also better, so if he does take a shot he might actually score.

I honestly wasn't thinking I'd sell Feret because I didn't think I could add an equivalent CAM for cheap, but then I just sorted through the ending contracts and found this dude and he looked perfect.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Zaza looks like a very nice forward. He'll be great for you. Especially if you can get his speed up a notch or two.

I figure he still has a bit of time to develop his physical stats as he's only 22, right? Not sure how that works in Football Manager, but it seems like most humans males hit their physical peak in that 22-25 age range. I'm generally looking for players to have an average rating of at least 13 for each of their positional ratings, and he certainly exceeds that mark in the technical and mental areas... and he's right at it in the physical stats but at least he's well rounded with 13 being his lowest physical rating. I've noticed a lot of strikers in this price range have amazing physicals except for in 1 or 2 areas where they are horrible. I found a striker with like 17 pace and a bunch of other great physical stats... and then 7 agility and 6 balance? WTF?

The other nice thing about Zaza is that he's so well rounded in the attacking ratings that you can play him in most attacking roles and you can even put him in that CAM/Advanced playmaking role, he's almost as good as Propper (and better than Feret).

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
In my experience, physical stats are the first things to stop developing. But when they stop developing is different from player to player. But I think most of the phyiscal development I see ends around age 21/22. I don't pay a ton of attention to it, though, so I could be mistaken. I don't really buy or try to develop players with bad physical stats, so the improvement isn't normally noticeable.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
At the very least I'd assume his physicals wouldn't decrease during his contract, and they are really "good enough" for Ligue 1, I think. If I sell Toivonen, you can expect to see a physical beast signing as the second striker :laughing:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I also wanted to mention that I broke the 100 hour mark in this game last night. VROOOMM VRROOOOOMM VROOOOOOOOOOOM.

osick87

Community Liaison
I either cracked it yesterday or will crack it tonight.

I may take a break and play something else.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Pitropia's deal is in hold up mode a he seeks a work permit? HMMMMMM and I got an awesome offer for Baird and he refused to move unless I pay him 7.5k/week for the rest of his contract term :laughing:

Zaza's deal is also held up for some reason as his 2nd club hasn't accepted yet and I don't know how to force their hand?

Since I want to Dump Toivonen, I brought in the first striker replacement for him. WELCOME KLEBER. I had to promise some outlandish bonuses to get him signed for 30k/week, but I figure if he's the league scoring champ I'll make more than enough to pay for it.

3star currently but with 4 star potential, so he'll be in the sweet spot for most of his contract at 30k/week

14485135259_e84e5d9182_b.jpg

After agent fees and other bullshit he cost $2million, which is well within my budget and he is one of the cheapest strikers available when it comes to wages.

He also has nice stats for a Target Man. He doesn't have the high points Toivonen has, but he doesn't have any holes in his game either.
14485158438_bd4863c8ac_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Still looking to sell a bunch of players and sign 2 more (Zaza + a FB), but I should have a better looking team at much reduced wages.

NML

Watch those bonuses - maybe I'm more aware of it since I'm in the lower leagues and every cent counts, but he will easily cost you another few million in bonuses, even if he's just an average player.