• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

FM14 Mr. Manager Dynasty (Ivory Coast/Stade Rennais)

kella

Low IQ fat ass with depression and anxiety
Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Yeah. Like playing teams other than Mexico in 4* seasons matches. Dynamism plz

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
My assistant corch is always telling me to buy MORE staff, ha ha.

Here are some screenshots of my current financial situation. I've averaging 1-2 Million in the red each month, and I'm not sure what I can/should do about that.

Summary:
14403030097_100a89a8ce_b.jpg

Income:
14402803050_9b13d42d20_b.jpg

Expenditure:
14589449615_99a4b10c60_b.jpg

Of my reserve players, the only ones who are making significant money/week (over 1k/week) are either 1st team rotation players or out on loan and having their wages paid. I have a few players with high wages for what they provide that I'll be looking to replace with cheaper players in the next off season, but for now I think I'm stuck with what I've got for the rest of the season.

The staff wages look high to me, so I'll investigate and see if I can trim some of those trogs.

NML

300k+ a month in bonuses is a lot - I tend to sign contracts without bonuses, doe.

Really, that's a pretty common balance sheet for most clubs. In order to stay competitive, they have to overpay in salaries what they can afford. If you are successful (which you have been so far), you'll be okay with prize money, increased attendance, bigger sponsorships, etc. If not, you pile on the debt, lower the wage budget constantly until ur finally relegated.

Luckily, ur the former so the prize money from the league will keep you about even for the year.

Milo

Yeah. Making it into Europe should be a priority. That's when the money really starts to flow in. Before then you may have to pay the bills like almost every other French team by developing and selling off talent. That's when scouring those African countries really pays off. You can get those guys for really cheap and they can be worth millions almost upon arrival.

Higher league standings, making it to Europe -> Prize money + Higher Reputation. Higher reputation turns into bigger sponsorship deals, higher attendance and more income from merchandise. In a long term game, you can turn that higher attendance and cash flow into a stadium expansion(or even a new stadium.)

Not sure the impact at your level, but you can sometimes make some good money by hosting big teams in friendlies. Maybe not the same impact as a lower level team, but you may be able to get teams to pay to play you(play at their stadium) or pay teams to come to you(and hope you make more money on the match income.)

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Well I can't even cut staff members anyway because I'd have to pay them a bunch of money to terminate contracts.

Milo

Oh and after making it to Europe(or maybe even before though I'm wary if it'd be cost effective in your current position) it could be a good idea to see if you can find a commercial affiliate club. Get those Asian or American markets buying your jerseys. Also more of a long-term investment, though.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Gane 32 - EAG (H) - Win 2-0

Due to Oliviera's current cold streak of no goals or asissts in the past few games, Mr. Manager decided to send a message by starting Romero, before bringing Oliviera back on at half. Neither striker scored a goal, but Oliviera did pick up an assist in a convincing 2-0 win that has SR in 3rd place and 3 points ahead of 4th Place, though Marseilles has played one less game. SR continues to pour the pressure on, but are smelling more smoke than ever as their 4th key player goes down to injury. Can they keep this great run going with rotational players in key spots while waiting for the return of Diarra, Pitropia, Toivonen, and now Biyik? (Note, the unbeaten streak mentioned in the articles doesn't include my 3 additional cup victories in that time).

14588030054_b993dc2c87_b.jpg

14403288268_94d00ff5b9_b.jpg

14588030284_6969381c8d_b.jpg

14589200412_d93247a3bc_b.jpg

14403468097_2050f61cdb_b.jpg

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Regen date is coming up for France this week. I bumbled the African Regen day, so I'm hoping I can figure this one out and not fuck it up. I rearranged my budget so I have 600k in transfer money available and 44k/week in salary money available. Hopefully I can afford someone for that?

Milo

Regen date in your country should just mean you get your potential youth academy intake. Should give you a big list of potential academy players and you have a few months to decide which ones to keep.

Milo

Yep. All French teams should get their regens. I'm not sure if you can sign them during their trial periods, though. I'm curious to find out.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Here is my loan report for players I have out on loan:
14567153506_89067797ed_b.jpg

I added screenshots of all the dudes with 4 star potential or better. I'm particularly excited about Sane and Diallo, because they may end up being important to the first team next year with Feret getting older and Oliviera and Romero leaving after their loans are up. I have a lot of attacking midfielders coming up, probably too many to develop, so I probably need to start selling a few of them this offseason.

14403584108_7d244f082e_b.jpg

14586879621_d489e6df32_b.jpg

14586879591_d9cbf8bbd7_b.jpg

14567153266_b7673572ef_b.jpg

14403538720_958969edb0_b.jpg

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
This really makes me want to play. Can I manage apoel and take them to champions League glory?

NML

You can still sign African regens

I'm on 13, so I'm not sure how to get there in 14, but you need to find the "World" screen. You can then go to "Transfers" and set it to "Youth Intake." Go to whatever month African regens come in, and scout the hell out of them. Focus on those from the big clubs in those countries.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
So none of my regens have faces... what do I need to do to change that?

I scouted all the Ligue 1 Regens but it doesn't look like I can sign them now, lol. I tried to sign PSG's players just for shits and giggles and it didn't work.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
WELCOME DJADJIRI KONATE (wat?), Mohammed "The Terrorist" Taleb, and PRINCE JOFFREY!

Mr. Manager is looking forward to misspelling Djadjri Konate's name many times in the coming years. Mohammed Taleb will either turn out to be a decent central midfielder, or will put a Jihad on Mr. Manager Prince Joffrey decided to stop terrorizing little girls and torturing animals and instead try out for Stade Rennais in the much needed position of Left Back. I have no idea what I'm doing so I just signed all of them because they only cost like $90/week. Then I scouted all the other Ligue 1 Team Regens and did a little more research to find that the African Regen days have not occured yet. I'm not sure what the players I was seeing were, but no new regens showed up when I searched for them the correct way in any of the months.

I included screenshots of all the players and then individual profiles on all the dudes with 4 star potential or better. I also included a few of the younger players who have 4 star potential but haven't been profiled yet. You'll be able to see them because they are still faceless. Not Regens but weren't cool enough to be included in my face packs.

14404038220_6ef374afe9_b.jpg

14587977971_0a50e09d06_b.jpg

14611360783_31fb48eeb1_b.jpg

14404629410_daf123f8f6_b.jpg

14590592612_f2b20144d2_b.jpg

14591273785_28e6f08959_b.jpg

14590592452_3c22d8de24_b.jpg

14591273675_314f2defb3_b.jpg

14404629220_1233bce93c_b.jpg

14404677458_253ea83f5a_b.jpg

14589406414_6ef9025774_b.jpg

14589406394_a7d3d1f072_b.jpg

14568248606_3390706871_b.jpg

14568248556_071499c58e_b.jpg

14611360413_e7f92a8826_b.jpg

14590592122_5f14b8bbbd_b.jpg

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I Restarted the game and their faces reappeared, so I'll upload the pics again later. Some of their pictures are hilarious, lol.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
I watched the U19 scrimmage featuring the new youth prospects Ambassa is a 5'4 black dude with what appears to be purple hair, lol. Straight outa Pro Clubs. He also scored the only goal.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
He was one of my regens, so I get him for free and he only costs $98/week, lol. Also, since I can rename the youthz just let me know if you want to be in the dynasty and I'll name the Youth of your choice after you. Ambassa has "Yankee" written all over him, lol.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Game 33 - Valenciennes (A) - Loss 2-4 - THE STREAK ENDS

This game was pretty interesting in that Valenciennes kicked the shit out of our already depleated roster and things only got worse when one of my backup midfielders went down in the 4th minute. Then the backup CB gave up a free kick just outside the box that they scored on. Also of note, we had a dumb own goal. I went to Overload in the second half and actually nearly tied it up right before they hit me on the counter after my shot got blocked. The smell of smoke continues as another injury piles on. Behind this smell of smoke may actually be fire this time around.

14406155887_1c3537e3a7_b.jpg

14590694684_08f478412f_b.jpg

14405964708_739973a8a9_b.jpg

14592557265_45dd812786_b.jpg

14590694714_fe6587929f_b.jpg

After the match, Mr. Manager was too mad to even address the team, so he made ASS-coach give the team talk as he stormed out to drive away, drunk, in his Trans-Am.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Do you have anyone on your roster that makes a good tutor? If not, buying/ signing one should be a priority.

goblue96

Disney and Curling Expert
Tutoring is one-on-one. When you open the younger players training screen under development, it will list that player's most suitable tutors.

Karl Hungus

Here to fix the cable
Look for professional or model professional player personalities.

High determination, too, but I think that might be required for those personalities. It can be worth it to tutor a player with high determination with another that is lower but has better personality traits.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Game 34 - Toulouse (H) - Win 1-0 Toulouse? More like TO LOSE!

A new "streak" begins and Stade Rennais find themselves back in the Champions League spots at #3, as Marseilles lost this week. This game was quite honestly boring as fuck, as TO LOSE parked the bus with their flat 5-back formation. Probably should have won by more, but at least Oliviera got a goal again. Hopefully he gets hot again heading down the stretch.

14412258179_ce5fae43ef_b.jpg

14412230548_8d2992020d_b.jpg

14412417187_6689bdb412_b.jpg

The next game is arguably the most important game of the Season for Stade Rennais and Mr. Manager, so far, as they travel to Marseille to play the 4th place team. Marseille is/are only 2 points back in the league table (and 1 point up in GD, the first tie breaker). You can't understate the importance of this game. With only 9 games left in league play, the winner of this game will have taken a big step forward, especially when you consider the impact of the H2H game on tie breakers. If you recall, Marseille slaughtered Stade Rennais earlier in the season as Valbuena scored a hat trick, in violation of the sacred ground of wherever the fuck Stade Rennais plays their soccer matches.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
GAME DAY SPECIAL EDITION - Late Season Matchup Features #3 Stade Rennais at #4 Marseilles as each team looks to steal momentum for the all important stretch run at the Champions League Spot.

Stade Rennais fought their way through mounting injuries to make an incredible run that has them sitting at 3rd place in Ligue1. This week they must travel to play at #4 Marseilles, who slaughtered SR in the first meeting. Fortunately for Stade Rennais and Mr. Manager found out that Valbuena is out injured for this game, while SR have Pitropia and a 90% recovered Diarra ready for the match. They also have a secret motivational weapon that Mr. Manager has had up his sleeve waiting for just the right moment. That moment is now, and Mr. Manager introduced Stade Rennais to HARD WORK WORK.

With their minds blown, the Stade Rennais players charged out of the locker room onto the field/pitch, ready to unleash their true potential/hard work work in a torrent on Marseilles.

Here are the starting lineups:
14412197940_3e42df8607_b.jpg

Stay tuned for the thrilling (hopefully) conclusion!

@Bmack , @Milo, @Kella, @Reel, @Brick, @Yankee151, @DeadMan, @Hachiko, @goblue96, @Travis7401SUCKSDICK @Karl Hungus @Southpaw @osick87

Last edited:

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
How did Valbuena get injured, you might ask? Mr. Manager is rumored to have encountered him at a party last weekend... Valbuena was just minding his own business, playing polish horseshoes, when Mr. Manager decided to seize the opportunity. Fortunately, a paparazzi caught the whole thing on film and we finally have the answer for the Size vs Technique debate. @chibob

fatguy.gif

Valbuena is out for the season with a broken spine.

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Valbuena literally is listed at 128lbs

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
Game 35 - Marseilles (A) - Win 4-0 - Yes, you did read that correctly, STRUT STRUT STRUT.

Stade Rennais and Mr. Manager unveiled their newly revised Counter Attacking tactics, hoping for a draw at worst or to catch Marseilles with their pants down. They did in fact catch Marseilles with pants off, and Mr. Manager's pants were also taken off, as Oliviera scored a hat-trick and contributed the assist for the 4th goal as well.

Marseilles played right into the counter attacking tactics, with an ultra high defensive line, which allowed for some puber fast break tactics from Stade Rennais. SR scored 4 goals despite only managing 6 total shots and having 39% possession.

14598836995_44b8dd4644_b.jpg

14598201622_d0513aa204_b.jpg

14412230638_2c89935cbf_b.jpg

With 8 games remaining, SR has a 5 point lead over Marseilles and currently also holds the Goal Differential tie breaker. They are also a full 11 points above the 10th place team (the season goal was to finish top half). Now we just need to hold it all together down the stretch and lock this champions league spot up for good!

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
I'm actually pretty amazed by this. I'm pretty sure that I got fired from Arsenal in about 3 months in my first ever go around with this game. The best overachieving that I've done similar to this was with Parma in FM07 (I think), where I got them into the top half of the table when they were supposed to go down. In what I think was 3 years, I didn't get into the Europa League places. Winning with a team like Arsenal and Inter in this game is easier in my book than taking a team like SR to the CL.

Travis7401

Douglass Tagg
Community Liaison
The only real bummer of the season has been watching Oliviera slay it, and knowing he's only here on loan and his club have no desire to sell him to me, lol. Still I have to look at him as a huge success with his wages being only 6k/week (most of my starters are in the 15-25k range), and him generating that type of production. I was thinking I'd be against loans in general, but I think if I have a solid young prospect in a certain position and just need a stop gap or a rotational player with versatility, I might see if I can get a similar deal.

DeadMan

aka spiker or DeadMong
It's been my experience in the past that the AI undervalues a lot of really good strikers in this game. Not the world class ones, but there are a reasonable amount of Champions League caliber strikers that you can buy for a reasonable price. Basically, finishing and composure are the two most important stats for strikers in my book, and the AI passes over a lot of strikers that have 15+ finishing and composure in favor of better stats in other areas.

Again, though, I'm still playing FM12, so this could be different now. But I've never had a problem in any iteration of the game finding a 20+ goal a season striker.

NML

If you get to champs league, ur owner will open the pocketbook and a TON of players will be interested in playing for you

kella

Staff member
Administrator
Operations
Strikers need SEC speeeeed this is why Gio and Hernandez might as well be Messi and Henry in FIFA