• Registration is disabled due to constant spammers. Email [email protected] and we will temporarily re-enable registration for you.

Conference Excretion Thread

coogrfan

charlie-brown-lucy-football.png

Renegade

Charge on!
I'm half expecting them to do nothing. That it was part of some conspiracy seems doubtful to me, but really just reflects that the B12 has very poor leadership and is basically Big East 2.0 with a bunch of schools with delusional, self-inflated egos, most of whom wouldn't be in a power conference if they hadn't existed when the predecessor conferences were formed back when my grandparents were in diapers.

Brick

heard there's a chance houston replaces Baylor and byu joins to make true big xii. last ditch effort to make a deal.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Tramel is such an idiot. The Oklahoman is consistently rated one of, if not the worst newspapers in the country for a variety of reasons.

Once it came out that ESPN and FOX didn't want the Big 12 to expand, I've started to think that's what will happen, at least for the near future, until we know or at least have a good idea of where TV is going with all of the cord-cutting, and whether or not a team like Oklahoma has legit options elsewhere.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
heard there's a chance houston replaces Baylor and byu joins to make true big xii. last ditch effort to make a deal.

They are currently at 10. If Houston replaces Baylor, they are still at 10. Adding BYU makes 11. Who's your 12th?

I highly doubt this. I would think they decide not to expand before they replace a current member. Especially with Houston.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Supposedly the Big 12 has narrowed it down to 6-8 candidates. I'm guessing it's BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, UCF, USF, UConn, Memphis, and maybe Colorado State.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
Supposedly the Big 12 has narrowed it down to 6-8 candidates. I'm guessing it's BYU, Houston, Cincinnati, UCF, USF, UConn, Memphis, and maybe Colorado State.

Mark Blaudschun of TMG College Sports ($) — he has covered college football for over 30 years and most recently at the Boston Globe — says the list includes American schools in Cincinnati, Houston, Connecticut, Memphis, Central Florida, South Florida plus a pair of unnamed AAC schools and then BYU. No MWC schools made the cut.

coogrfan

Mark Blaudschun of TMG College Sports ($) — he has covered college football for over 30 years and most recently at the Boston Globe — says the list includes American schools in Cincinnati, Houston, Connecticut, Memphis, Central Florida, South Florida plus a pair of unnamed AAC schools and then BYU. No MWC schools made the cut.

Blaudschun wrote there was some talk about football-only invitations, a move "that would be easiest for BYU and UConn." He said UConn "presumably has a landing spot for its other sports in the Big East" if a Big 12 football invitation is made.

UConn? Are you fucking kidding me?

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Tulane would give the Big 12 a foothold, however small, in the rich recruiting grounds of Louisianastan and raise the academic profile of the conference, although they suck at everything sports-related. Would be a fun road trip, though.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
UConn in the Big 12 would be better than the American, I guess, but if they do that, they should add Cincy and not BYU.

I would rather have them in the ACC or B1G, though. Kick BC's garbage ass out of the ACC and put UConn in there so they can own Cuse every year.

bruin228

NCAA Moderator
I just saw the part about UConn's other sports being in the Big East lol. That would be dumb as hell for the Big 12 and great for UConn. Football presumably gets more access to Texas talent and if not, football is probably going to suck anyway. Basketball would be in a great spot in the Big East.

jamesnathan

Resident Mormon
The AP apparently disagrees with those other reports:

Big 12 officials are expected to meet (this week) with BYU, Air Force, Central Florida, Cincinnati, Connecticut, Colorado State, Houston, Rice, SMU, South Florida and Tulane.

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
Instead of electing a president this year, can we vote for the next Big 12 school?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The voting public would probably be able to come to a decision much more easily and quickly than the Big 12 administrators. :laughing:

I've read that as of right now, the Big 12 wants to expand by 2, and the 2 leaders are Houston and Cincinnati. That could and probably will change, though.

Brick

I heard Houston signed a conditional contract a week before the game that if they beat ou, they'd be in. pretty much a done deal at this point. stay tuned in the coming weeks for more Baylor news. more info is still being withheld and don't expect to see the briles holdover coaches on the sidelines much longer after more blood on their hands is shown. ucf and usf are a package deal. so it's them and whomever they deem is houstons ideal pair. but the wrench in it is Baylor because if they go, a fifth team will need to be added to keep 14 and split divisions equally (which will not be geographical, btw). will probably be 2018 until the changes are made.

R2D2

subtle, @Brick :laughing:

If the Big 12 is adding teams based on one game, then...

...wait, this is the Big 12 we're talking about here.

North Dakota State solidified the 12th spot in the Big 12 after beating Iowa State in 2014. Divisions can be:

North
1. Oklahoma
2. Oklahoma State
3. Kansas
4. Kansas State
5. Iowa State
6. North Dakota State

South
1. Texas
2. Texas Tech
3. Houston
4. Baylor
5. TCU
6. West Virginia

DONE DEAL

coogrfan

I heard Houston signed a conditional contract a week before the game that if they beat ou, they'd be in. pretty much a done deal at this point. stay tuned in the coming weeks for more Baylor news. more info is still being withheld and don't expect to see the briles holdover coaches on the sidelines much longer after more blood on their hands is shown. ucf and usf are a package deal. so it's them and whomever they deem is houstons ideal pair. but the wrench in it is Baylor because if they go, a fifth team will need to be added to keep 14 and split divisions equally (which will not be geographical, btw). will probably be 2018 until the changes are made.

dog-side-eye.png

Lightningwar

Administrator
Agreed. Their only competition would be OU and Okie St. Okie St is guaranteed to choke, and OU-NDSU could start a brand new rivalry.

NDSU has beat ISU, KSU, and Kansas. At one point NDSU had more wins over a several year time span against Big 12 competition than Kansas. I still have my bold prediction of a 6th straight national championship for NDSU. And then they are forced to join the Big 12.

fsuprime

Oklahoma sports writer on Sirius xm said that basically no schools outside of state of Texas that are in the big 12 will,vote for Houston to be in league. Those schools all feel they are semi-shut out by Texas h.s. coaches and if Houston gets b12 membership they will be shit out of luck.

Fwiw old times newspaper sooner writer take:oklahoma:I :onlyinthesouth:

silverwheels

PLAY LA BAMBA BABY
If OU had wanted to leave OSU, they'd already be in the SEC. They want to stick with the Pokes if possible and Texas.

If the Big 12 is going to survive and OU is going to be in it, I wouldn't mind trading Baylor for Houston, adding Cincinnati and UConn as full members, and BYU and Air Force as football-only members. Not happening, though. ESPN and FOX wouldn't go for it.

TonyGin&Juice

Sucking off Lawn Guy Land hobos.
One of my coworkers (a real CHOKIES delusional homer) told me they heard talk of them joining the SEC. When you routinely getting your azz pounded by shitass ACC teams and embarrassed in bowl games regularly I don't know why anyone would think this is a good idea.